Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Think they are busy with Sims 5?

imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
I would think there would be more content this quarter. Especially since more staff should be free after they finished toddlers. But maybe they are all busy making sims 5?

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    my mind also went to the idea that they might be "busy" with something, but it wasn't TS5. I'm imagining it to be seasons.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    No. There's no Sims 5.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    I would think there would be more content this quarter. Especially since more staff should be free after they finished toddlers. But maybe they are all busy making sims 5?

The staff who would be available post-Toddlers make the patched-in content. And most of the time that doesn't get shown in the quarterly teasers.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Who knows sure does not look like much effort is being put into this game. This was the most disappointing quarterly trailer I have ever seen I now expect when they do the live stream to have them laughing and showing the laser litter box for 10 minutes.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I have no idea. I think they're busy with the plum console version and converting all the packs over. They said it had nothing to do with the rate of content for the PC version but I'm sure it does. If Seasons is the next EP, don't expect it for another 13 months. Barf.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2017
    The Sims 5 with Open World please <3

And Color Wheel <3<3
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The two biggest packs in any of the Sims games have been Pets (Cats & Dogs in the Sims 4's case) and Seasons. I'd rather them take their time and do them right than rush them out half ready.

As for other content, they didn't mention any free content that might me coming down the road -- that might mean we'll have some significant patches. Remember they never mentioned toddlers in the January-March teaser trailer, just Vampires and Bowling Night Stuff.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PintSizedPiratePintSizedPirate Posts: 105 Member
    No way.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Naw, I think they are just focused on Cats and Dogs, the laundry pack, and whatever else is coming down the pike for 2018. I think it was Graham who explained that they have multiple dev lines going at once and they have to carefully manage the order of things, so that code in progress from one pack doesn't screw up code in progress from another pack. So, like, the order of how stuff is being released this year was probably decided a while back and Cats and Dogs probably ended up taking up a big chunk of a time slot in order of operations, due to wanting to make sure it's put together as immaculately as possible, since it's such an important staple of the series for fans.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Doubt it, if there even is a Sims 5 (if it even gets that name), it will probably be a subscription based game, paying $10 a month for all patches and content. Content will still take years to come out. And, sadly, I predict it may be a mobile game, given EA's new affinity towards mobile gaming :'(
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    No, I don't think so.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member

So far EA doesn't seem to be gearing up for a Sims 5; they seem to plan to make Sims 4 last it out. I'd say they plan for their income this Christmas to come from the inflated cost of Cats&Dogs and the console release. A lot of people wouldn't be able to afford an extra stuff pack, and nobody's in a rush to get one either.

They won't have stopped working though. Hopefully the free patch will just be so big that it'll make up for it. After all, not everybody can get Cats&Dogs right now; gotta make it up to them somehow...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

So far EA doesn't seem to be gearing up for a Sims 5; they seem to plan to make Sims 4 last it out. I'd say they plan for their income this Christmas to come from the inflated cost of Cats&Dogs and the console release. A lot of people wouldn't be able to afford an extra stuff pack, and nobody's in a rush to get one either.

They won't have stopped working though. Hopefully the free patch will just be so big that it'll make up for it. After all, not everybody can get Cats&Dogs right now; gotta make it up to them somehow...

The price for the ep is the same as the other eps - so it is not inflated.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited October 2017

No one was freed up - the patches free content team only work on free content - they don't work on the other teams. Graham - I believe it was - said they have 5 teams just for the pc/ mac version and the teams work only on their team content. They don't move around like in previous Sims games. So when the free content team is done with that patch content, they move on to the next patch project of free content.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Not necessarily accurate, in my country Expansions have increased from £29.99 to 34.99
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Most likely not.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I hope not, I would rather they finish the sims 4 and try and improve it.
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    The only thing different this quarter is the lack of an SP. We know the next SP is the one voted for by the community and they said it would take longer than normal due to needing to get feedback and wait for poll results, so I imagine that's the reason for the delay.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Not necessarily accurate, in my country Expansions have increased from £29.99 to 34.99

That's due to our currency being worth less though, rather than EA charging more.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    There is no reason to hard work on The Sims 5 projects when The Sims 4 console and The Sims (4) Mobile will be released soon.

The current highest priority for The Sims Studio is The Sims 4 Packs under development (maybe several EPs like TS3 in 2012 and 2013).
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Yes - I saw one of the Gurus post over on twitter a couple days ago that they were not even half way through the Sims 4 yet and were still welcoming game ideas on future packs and content. So my guess is no they most likely have not started Sims 5.

Of course I have no way of knowing but seeing that they just are getting the Sims 4 mobile and the Sims 4 console started - I suspect also Sims 4 will run longer than previous renditions of the series seeing the console and mobile for Sims 4 get their content as copies of our content - they are not about to cut them off right after they started - never mind the new teams initiated for mobile and console.

The CEO pretty much stated earlier this year that they were going for more longevity in all EA's games by keeping it fresh with constant new content both free and paid packs. I saw another mention of this over on the stock pages just this week. Of course they were talking about some of EA's other games like Madden and Fifa, Need for Speed, and others that are presently getting the added story editions to their games which will extend their lives a lot. So instead of getting new games every year they will have updates for the game part of those games and dlc and new packs for the storyline part of their games.

There was also remarks that EA is not the only big studio adapting this new design and idea for their games longevity -

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Nah, most probably we won't hear of Sims 5 until 2020 or so. It's general sense we're only reaching the middle age of TS4 yet, half life.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    No. There's no Sims 5.

I'm not being rude, but, How do you know?