Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Phantasmal Fantasy Reading Circle (Looking for members)

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @chalicen
    If you were the characters (any of them), would you have done anything differently? Why?

If I was Elizabeth, I would have killed my brothers so I could be heir and have awesome death seeing abilities.

Okay, I'll come back with serious answers later. I'm a bit sick today. XD
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    @chalicen
    If you were the characters (any of them), would you have done anything differently? Why?

If I was Elizabeth, I would have killed my brothers so I could be heir and have awesome death seeing abilities.

Okay, I'll come back with serious answers later. I'm a bit sick today. XD

OMG this made my day xD
    Bless you for that, hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    Okay going to answer your question for real, @chalicen . I'm not sure what I would do differently if I were the characters, mostly because my heads still groggy from flu. :D But, I think if I were Libra, I would have not tried to interfere with the Reapers' business, but then again, She wouldn't have met Grimmy then. Also, I don't think I'd want to live too long, but once you start studying alchemy, how can you resist? So maybe Leo's dedication to alchemy wouldn't have happened if I were him...

Anyway, sorry if I'm not making any sense. My brain's all mush at the moment. :D
  • Options
    Oh no! That flu needs to go away.
    It's good to hear your thoughts on the character's decisions. I think the reason my characters did what they did was because it was what I would have done, so it's awesome to hear about what else might have been. I was never known for making the best life choices after all xD

Gonna skip out on posting today. Caught up writing other stuff (i.e. that methodology for school) lol. I'll hopefully start up again next Wednesday.
  • Options
    No problem @chalicen. No your characters made the right choices for them. XD every choice they made seemed believable. Ahh no school essays! Glad to hear you caught up with them, though. :) I had a big horrible personal essay due this week. *sigh* :D

And no worries, take your time with your posts. I'm a big believer in making simLit stress free. :)
  • Options
    TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    chalicen wrote: »

I will have to go with Libra. I would have pressed Leo to explain further what their abilities entailed. Gotten the knowledge to become an alchemist much sooner. That way she could have lived forever with her reaper. Yes, she wouldn't have had children, but living forever is pretty darn awesome. Imagine all the things she could have seen or done during her long life.

• Options
    @TheYayToast @chalicen
    OMG you two! Why would you want to live forever? :D
  • Options
    @TheYayToast @chalicen

*Shrugs* I think it'd be awesome. I'd happily be a vampire even. Forever young, doing as I please for centuries. Being apart of history in the making. Causing mischief and nonsense wherever I went. It'd be just lovely.

I'd only do it if Remy (my husband) was there with me though. So just like Leo in Winter's Alchemy, I wouldn't go through with it if my Yuki weren't there with me. I'd like to think though that Remy and I would be like a pair of awesome crazy vampires causing all sorts of excitement for centuries. Like Dru and Spike from Buffy before Spike went all goo goo for Buffy. (I love Spike and Dru, they were great.)
  • Options
    @TheYayToast @chalicen

*Shrugs* I think it'd be awesome. I'd happily be a vampire even. Forever young, doing as I please for centuries. Being apart of history in the making. Causing mischief and nonsense wherever I went. It'd be just lovely.

I'd only do it if Remy (my husband) was there with me though. So just like Leo in Winter's Alchemy, I wouldn't go through with it if my Yuki weren't there with me. I'd like to think though that Remy and I would be like a pair of awesome crazy vampires causing all sorts of excitement for centuries. Like Dru and Spike from Buffy before Spike went all goo goo for Buffy. (I love Spike and Dru, they were great.)

Lol! :D Fair enough. I just think it would get mighty tiring after a while! No matter how much fun it's been causing mayhem. :D
  • Options
    @TheYayToast Thanks for the answer! It'd be fun shaping history wouldn't it? I'd love to start a rebellion or something, but that would probably cause a war lol.

@simscognito I never said that xD I'm actually against living forever.
  • Options
    chalicen wrote: »
    @TheYayToast Thanks for the answer! It'd be fun shaping history wouldn't it? I'd love to start a rebellion or something, but that would probably cause a war lol.

@simscognito I never said that xD I'm actually against living forever.

@chalicen Oops! Ah well! I'm with you. XD

I suppose it would be fun to shape history, as long as it's for good things in the future. :blush:
  • Options
    @Chalicen @TheYayToast

Well that was a truly entertaining question @chalicen . I'm still unsure about living for eternity @TheYayToast , but you certainly sell the idea. XD

This week we look at my story, Friends Of Foes.

As I am aware we are moving into a busy time of year, I shall post one question too.
    This is in regards to my latest chapter, so if you haven't read it, no worries. You get a free week. :blush:
    What do you think is going to happen when the Evil Genius and Sweglord children return home from Granite Falls? Will there be war? Peace? And will Cas and Vic make their great escape? Hehe...

Okay, I do have one more question, but this one's optional... well they're both optional. XD Maybe you can choose which one you want to answer. :)

I am super duper curious what you all think of Henry and Alex's relationship. Do you think they love eachother? Or do you think one's using the other? Or are they both using each other equally? Or are they in fact equals? Or none of these things I have suggested?

Okay, sorry for the jumble of sentences I wrote. :D Still getting over flu which is taking way longer than it should. *Heavy sigh*
  • Options
    What do you think is going to happen when the Evil Genius and Sweglord children return home from Granite Falls? Will there be war? Peace? And will Cas and Vic make their great escape? Hehe...

What I think is: lots of war for the time being. The war is not going to stop because nothing's changed. Alex is still alive, Lauren is (probably) still alive and they both still are at each other's throats. Toss the recent casualties onto it, and now it's personal. Paris can't help you now. Run for the hills. Yes, you two, Cas and Vic. Sorry though, I don't think you two will make it, because... that's just how life works. Reality guys. Man I'm making everything depressing

I am super duper curious what you all think of Henry and Alex's relationship. Do you think they love eachother? Or do you think one's using the other? Or are they both using each other equally? Or are they in fact equals? Or none of these things I have suggested?

Oh I think they love each other alright... but it seems to border on obsessive. It's getting scary. Right now it looks like Alex has more power in the relationship, but that's just because of their respective outward personalities. I dunno. The one that likes the other more always loses in a fight. That could be either one of them.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Thanks @chalicen . Your responses always make my day! :D

As it happens, some of your questions will be answered in the latest chapter. XD

Chapter nineteen: Dread
    chapter-nineteen-dread-copy_orig.jpg
  • Options
    ...Well there goes my Alex vs Lauren theory.

It just got worse guys. Paris IS the next Lauren. He/she really can't save you now. Run for the hills.
  • Options
    @TheYayToast @chalicen

This week we're focusing on @TheYayToast 's story Death's Bride.

@TheYayToast you can ask us questions about your story.

Readers you are welcome to ask the author questions too.

Hope you all enjoy. :)
  • Options
    Responses for Friends of Foes

Okay, I know this one is cheating cause I procrastinated enough that you have posted the next chapters... but I'll answer anyway cause not all the questions are answered.

I think that though there is a half hearted attempt at a truce right now it will not last. The teens are under Alex's live and let live for now plan, but I doubt that will last long. Most of the children will follow their parents and end up once again in a battle for who knows what. These people were willing to fight to the death against people they see every day. I doubt half of them even understand why they are fighting.

I hope that Cas and Vic escape. It'd be nice to see people have at least a little bit of a happy ending. Knowing the sadistic Cog though... they're probably doomed.

I think they truly love eachother. The problem is however that both of these young men have had their perceptions of what a healthy relationship warped by the their upbringings. Their entire relationship has been hidden under extreme secrecy. They can't even let their friends know. That's got to make things hard and make it really tough to know how to express your feelings normally. In addition, they both come from households that have lacked relationships in which they can use as models for their own. I doubt either had super lovely dovey parents growing up.
  • Options
    Hey everyone!

Wow... It's my turn and um... welp... I don't have any fancy questions this time around. Heh. I guess I can think up two though:

What is your hypothesis for what Lord Du Bois is? What are you thoughts on Jessica in general?
  • Options
    @TheYayToast oh wow! That is super insightful, particularly regarding Alex and Henry's relationship. We're going to find out more about Henry's parents in a couple of chapters. As for Alex's parents... hehe. I was thinking about them when I was reading your response to that question. XD

Ooohhhhh I love these questions.

What is your hypothesis for what Lord Du Bois is?
    I'm not sure if I'm answering this question right, but I think he is Death. I'm not 100% certain what that means yet. I have a feeling he is the only Death, but I could be wrong. He possibly reaps souls or manages the dead in some way. I wonder if Myla becomes immortal after marriage? Or the place where they live stops their ageing? Or... what if Du Bois goes through a collection of mortal wives?
    Which brings me to the question, was finding a wife really crucial to Du Bois? Did he have to have a wife for a specific reason? There are a lot of questions that I have regarding Du Bois, which is why he is such a fascinating character to me... that, and he's also handsome. XD Hmm... I wonder what his relationship with Jessica is?

What are you thoughts on Jessica in general?

She's soooooo cooooooooll!!!!!!!! Not sure what side she's on yet. I'm guessing she's pretty nosy, since she was desperate to see what Myla was like. I love her sense of humour - I can imagine she's quite talkative. XD I think her reaction to the mention of Du Bois was fascinating. I wonder if she wants to warm up to Myla so she can find out info about Du Bois?? XD So many questions.... :D
  • Options
    What is your hypothesis for what Lord Du Bois is?
    So you're saying there's a chance he's NOT Death? I am a simple person so when I saw the title I just assumed... Well, even so, I think he's Death. Not quite sure in what way- is he literally Death, personified, or the grim reaper? But I'm sure it'll all be revealed soon... Looking forward to it!

What are you thoughts on Jessica in general?
    She certainly is something! I need some time to work out what she's about, she seems to be on Myla's side, but that could mean anything. I feel like she'll help Myla figure out her hidden powers, if there are such things of course, but whether or not this will agree with Lord Du Bois I'm not sure. She's telling Myla things her husband didn't tell her himself, so I see conflict coming..... That aside, her design is really interesting. Like the Wicked Witch of the West!
  • Options
    @TheYayToast @chalicen

Those questions were super fun @TheYayToast . Now you've got me thinking about who Lord Du Bois could possibly be... I thought I knew he was Death... now I'm uncertain... :D

This week we will be focussing on @chalicen 's Winter's Alchemy.

@chalicen will ask us questions about her story, but we are welcome to ask her questions too. :)

Hope you all have fun this week! XD
  • Options
    Hiya.
    My turn again already? I've been slacking and only posted once since my last turn! xD
    Well since I don't have any new questions, maybe we could have some chat time or something?
    Anyway here's a question: Where do you think Willow Creek is? America? Somewhere in Europe? Or otherwise?
  • Options
    No worries @chalicen . Hmm... good question... my theory is that it's based off New Orleans or Louisiana... but I'm not entirely sure. What do you think?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Hey everyone! Sorry I've been super quiet. Been a hectic couple of weeks.

Thanks for all the great responses. I'm working on DB so hopefully some questions will soon be answered.

Willow Creek is definely based of New Orleans, Louisiana. The nightclub is a really good example of architecture from the French Quarter.

I can actually post a photo I took off a building in Louisiana that shows that same design. I took the photo last week when I went on vacation to Lake Charles, Louisiana.

Edit: Link to building pic

In other random things, the town in Sims 3... Twinbrook. I'm pretty sure that one was also based off Louisiana, but the gross swampy parts of it. Which is pretty much all of Louisiana, except for the main cities themselves. Heh.
  • Options
    Well I thought it would be somewhere in America or England, but I had no idea where :D Good to have confirmation. It's not much like the towns I've ever been to before, since I haven't traveled a lot. I'd like to though, lol.
    The only thing I was sure of was Windenburg being in Germany xD