Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Phantasmal Fantasy Reading Circle (Looking for members)

Comments

• simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

Who's your favourite character and why?

Uhm ... that's a tough question. I might have to go for reaper winter becuase he's... well... you know what I think about him. <3 It's an interesting perspective to make a reaper a bit of a romantic. *sigh*

Any expectations for upcoming generations?

Uhm.... not really. I kinda enter a dream state of mind when I read Winters Alchemy, so I never really know what to expect... but whatever comes feels like it has always been coming, which suits the surrealness of the story.

What do you think of the way it's written? (Please be viciously honest xD)

Very surreal, but in a way as if everything in it is totally normal. Pretty cool.
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    edited February 2018
    I had no idea my reapers would be such scene stealers *shakes head* xD

Uhm ... that's a tough question. I might have to go for reaper winter becuase he's... well... you know what I think about him. <3 It's an interesting perspective to make a reaper a bit of a romantic. *sigh*

Uhm.... not really. I kinda enter a dream state of mind when I read Winters Alchemy, so I never really know what to expect... but whatever comes feels like it has always been coming, which suits the surrealness of the story.

Very surreal, but in a way as if everything in it is totally normal. Pretty cool.

Ah, I've never really thought of this story as being surreal because it doesn't live up to my surrealism standards, but I guess it kind of is, isn't it? Everything I write is probably surreal, I just don't realise xD One day I'll write something really, really trippy because I love stuff like that :smiley:

Hmm... *cough*Jerk Reaper*cough* What? I didn't say anything. o:)
    In all seriousness, I always find that I'm a big fan of side characters. As I said before, I also get attached to grumpy/rude characters. And I love reapers.

Great writing, characters, and also some death so that my fave can get some screen-time :D . I also kind of expect that someone will stumble upon the potions at some point, but I could be wrong.

I think it's written really well! The scenes all flow very nicely and the dialogue and character dynamics are very believable. I also really enjoy the intermissions/afterwords you put in- they help give another perspective to the story and I just think it's fun to get a glimpse of the process behind it. My only problem with it would be how short the chapters are, but that's not even much of a problem (I'm just greedy :sweat_smile: ). It makes it easier to stay up to date if they aren't super long, and you always make them feel like they should end where they end. :) All in all, I think your writing is wonderful and I'm looking forward to reading more Winter's Alchemy and answering any other questions you come up with.

I like the way you think!! :naughty:
    chalicen wrote: »
    I had no idea my reapers would be such scene stealers *shakes head* xD

Ah, I've never really thought of this story as being surreal because it doesn't live up to my surrealism standards, but I guess it kind of is, isn't it? Everything I write is probably surreal, I just don't realise xD One day I'll write something really, really trippy because I love stuff like that :smiley:

Hmm... *cough*Jerk Reaper*cough* What? I didn't say anything. o:)
    In all seriousness, I always find that I'm a big fan of side characters. As I said before, I also get attached to grumpy/rude characters. And I love reapers.

Great writing, characters, and also some death so that my fave can get some screen-time :D . I also kind of expect that someone will stumble upon the potions at some point, but I could be wrong.

I think it's written really well! The scenes all flow very nicely and the dialogue and character dynamics are very believable. I also really enjoy the intermissions/afterwords you put in- they help give another perspective to the story and I just think it's fun to get a glimpse of the process behind it. My only problem with it would be how short the chapters are, but that's not even much of a problem (I'm just greedy :sweat_smile: ). It makes it easier to stay up to date if they aren't super long, and you always make them feel like they should end where they end. :) All in all, I think your writing is wonderful and I'm looking forward to reading more Winter's Alchemy and answering any other questions you come up with.

I like the way you think!! :naughty:

@chalicen.... uhm... well thought out parallel universe with everything almost like ours, except for a few minor details that are treated like it's totally normal, convincing dreamy writing style.... totally relatable characters and... reapers!!! How does this not reach surrealism standards? XD
    So, question before I decide to write it in somewhere, any guesses on why Vega can't see Grim's face anymore?
    So, question before I decide to write it in somewhere, any guesses on why Vega can't see Grim's face anymore?

Could it have something to do with Vega being closer to life or death? I don't know, I mean she used to be a kid, so closer to birth, but now she's getting closer to death. Or... it could be to do with Vega having been closer to death as a child, or she could be growing into an Alchemist. Okay, don't think any of these are correct.. but had to get them out there.

Maybe it's to do with that previous plot with reaper winter where he started getting mysterious and wearing hoodies and stuff like that.... okay, yep, I was being cheeky. :D ahh come on, you know I love him <3

Uhm... maybe winter is become a reaper again and leaving them.... or... it's almost his time to go to the afterlife....

But mostly, I'm pretty clueless...

Could it have something to do with Vega being closer to life or death? I don't know, I mean she used to be a kid, so closer to birth, but now she's getting closer to death. Or... it could be to do with Vega having been closer to death as a child, or she could be growing into an Alchemist. Okay, don't think any of these are correct.. but had to get them out there.

Maybe it's to do with that previous plot with reaper winter where he started getting mysterious and wearing hoodies and stuff like that.... okay, yep, I was being cheeky. :D ahh come on, you know I love him <3

Uhm... maybe winter is become a reaper again and leaving them.... or... it's almost his time to go to the afterlife....

But mostly, I'm pretty clueless...

Ooh, not quite but I like those ideas :smiley: I should pinch them for other things.
    And yeah, Grim is the best <3 Best dad, too, he loved playing with the kids xD
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member

None here. If I had any I'd probably just be repeating some of @simscognito 's. :# Wait... maybe it's because she isn't the last born child anymore? Isn't the youngest the one the one who inherits the alchemist abilities, and the one who can see reapers? I might be wrong, though.

None here. If I had any I'd probably just be repeating some of @simscognito 's. :# Wait... maybe it's because she isn't the last born child anymore? Isn't the youngest the one the one who inherits the alchemist abilities, and the one who can see reapers? I might be wrong, though.

Ohhh... so mum's pregnant or something? I completely forgot about that....

Ohhh... so mum's pregnant or something? I completely forgot about that....

Didn't Vega already have a little brother? I thought she said that when he was born was when Grim started wearing a hood.

Yup that's right :smiley: It's cuz she's not the heir anymore.
    wait what? I totally forgot about the younger brother. So she's not the heir anymore? Interesting...
    Yeah, she has two younger brothers now, and since the succession laws was strict equality, she was never even in the running anyway. Still, she's one of my favourite characters in the whole legacy :)
    Yeah, she has two younger brothers now, and since the succession laws was strict equality, she was never even in the running anyway. Still, she's one of my favourite characters in the whole legacy :)

Yeah, I like her too. We share similar nose struggles. :D
    Hi @pronterus @IchigoUsagi @chalicen

Thanks @chalicen for those awesome questions on your story. I really do love the reapers, but omg Elizabeth is great! Can't believe she won't be heir. *Heavy sigh*

This week we shall be looking at my story Friends of Foes.

I will be thinking of some questions to ask, but feel free to ask me questions too.

Hope you all have fun!
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    What is the inspiration for Friends of Foes?
    edited February 2018
    Ahhh hay @TheYayToast ! :smiley: Nice to see you here. Uhm... good question.

I was just about to post my questions, but I'll answer that straight afterwards.

So I've been sneaky and stolen some of your questions guys... heheh

so, here they are.

What are your thoughts on the way it is written? (yes, I stole chalicen's question - look it was a good one).
    Who is your favourite character and why?
    Who is your least favourite character and why?
    Who do you think is the most innocent so far?

For those of you who have read the latest chapter,
    How do you think Henry's going to react, since he never wanted this fight in the first place?

How confident are you that Henry's going to survive this story?
    Post edited by simscognito on
    What is the inspiration for Friends of Foes?

@TheYayToast

As you may or may not be aware, I am an avid fan of the ancient figure, Hephaestion (Alexander's best friend), which I am aware is probably a bit odd. XD He's a fascinating figure though, because he could get away with so many things that Alexander the Great's other friends could not. I mean, Hephaestion has been known to challenge Alexander on occasion, and he still survives. He was also the most hated among Alexander's company and he still survived. I mean, how? Many of Alexander's other friends were executed by Alexander if they dared challenge him too much, but Hephaestion seemed to get special treatment. (He also got some of Alex's friends killed too.)
    Now there are theories that Hephaestion and Alexander were lovers. I think they definitely loved each other, but whether the relationship was platonic or not I have no idea.

Anyway, enough about Hephaestion (for I could go on).

I had actually been playing these families since I first got the sims 4 game, back in late 2014, I think. Talula was the first sims 4 sim I created, so I'm stoked that @chalicen thinks she's hot, because I seriously didn't know what I was doing. :D

Talula was inspired by my favourite witch, The Wicked Witch of the West. I just love her! (I'm a massive fan).

The Evil Geniuses were inspired by super villains, would you believe? But also method actors, although that bit's more subtle. I dislike the practice of method acting, since it is dangerous and unhealthy (I'm a drama major at uni). At the time I had read an article about it, which made me very angry. So the Evil Geniuses are inspired by those two things.

The Sweglords, on the other hand, were inspired by real people. Yeah, people I actually knew in real life. Won't go into that much, but Henry's Grandmother is the spitting image of one of them.

Henry's grandfather, however, is loosely inspired by Captain Speirs from Band of Brothers. I find him fascinating, so just had to create a look alike and behave alike. XD Not that we are introduced to him as such in this story. (But he makes hot sims kids).

So, where am I going with this?

Sorry, I really struggle to explain things. :D

So basically I decided one day, after playing many generations, that I would write a simLit. I have read many before, mostly sims 3 lit. One story called the Chagall Legacy by tesseracta really inspired me to write my own action story.

I actually was originally going to write about the vampire slayers and Paris, but then I noticed Alex and Henry, and all the Achilles references I had totally missed in this latest generation, (such as Paris (although Paris is playing the role of someone else), Hector and Alexander (who likens himself to Achilles)... and just had to write an Alexander the Great inspired story.

The West Side story elements are another add in, because I love having more than one plot line at the same time.

Sorry for the long response. XD
    Gah internet is being a pain... Anyway xD

What are your thoughts on the way it is written?
    I like how it incorporates more than one style of writing, for example the interrogation scene in chapter four. It makes it more immersive and keeps it interesting.

Henry! He's adorable. Also he likes Alex, while he's out murdering his auntie and terrifying me. That's real love right there, though Henry doesn't seem to be the most innocent guy xD. I'm curious to see how he'll react to everything as things get worse, since he's emotionally torn between the sides.

Hmm... I'm going to say Lauren. I don't hate her or anything, but geez... How did she figure this would end well? If she's leading a bunch of people she should learn to make better decisions.

How do you think Henry's going to react, since he never wanted this fight in the first place?
    I don't know! That's why I'm so invested right now!! If I had to guess, he's going to be an emotional wreck for a while, then emerge from it hardened. Either in a good way... or a bad way... whichever it is, I want to see it quick.
    Sorry I'm late answering these!

I really like it! It's perfect for shorter reading sessions. The way you write dialogue is also very enjoyable. It's funny and also very believable! :)

Either Henry or Paris. Probably Paris. I just love his/her dialogue and he/she seems like a real sweetheart, unlike some of the more murderous characters. Not that I don't like Alex! :sweat_smile: I just still feel bad for auntie...

Lauren, I guess. She hasn't exactly done much to get on my good side lately! :D

Hmmm, maybe Victor or some of Henry's other cousins because they didn't want to fight with the Evil Geniuses. Either that or Paris, because he/she genuinely wanted the truce to work.

I think he'll probably be upset with his friends for , you know, slaughtering his family. Then again, murder doesn't seem to bother him that much so maybe he'll decide to switch sides because Lauren didn't listen to him and led a bunch of people to their deaths. I don't know, there are a lot of possibilities!

Now that you've asked this... not very! :D Also with the whole, person-he's-based-off-of-dying-an-early-death thing I'm kind of getting worried. That being said, I don't really know what to expect!
    I just realised I missed two questions and I have no idea why O.o

No one's innocent == Innocence is dead. Especially in a world like this. But if I had to pick one, I'll pick Paris. He/she was so upset when things went wrong.

I am confident in nothing! I'll give him exactly 50% chance of survival. I feel like it's one of those things that will happen at the end, if it does happen, so by the time that rolls around you probably would have been like 'Hmm, kill him. No, don't kill him' over and over. Hence the 50% xD
    Aww thanks guys for your comments. I had no idea Henry would be so popular. I don't think Henry did either. :D
    Gah internet is being a pain... Anyway xD

I like how it incorporates more than one style of writing, for example the interrogation scene in chapter four. It makes it more immersive and keeps it interesting.

Henry! He's adorable. Also he likes Alex, while he's out murdering his auntie and terrifying me. That's real love right there, though Henry doesn't seem to be the most innocent guy xD. I'm curious to see how he'll react to everything as things get worse, since he's emotionally torn between the sides.

Hmm... I'm going to say Lauren. I don't hate her or anything, but geez... How did she figure this would end well? If she's leading a bunch of people she should learn to make better decisions.

I don't know! That's why I'm so invested right now!! If I had to guess, he's going to be an emotional wreck for a while, then emerge from it hardened. Either in a good way... or a bad way... whichever it is, I want to see it quick.

Aww thanks @chalicen. :) I'm really into script writing, so expect more of Paris's screen-plays in the future. XD
    Yep, you may be on the right track, thinking Henry's not quite as innocent as he seems. As for how he'll react, we'll sort of find out this Saturday... maybe, Henry's a bit hard to read at times. :D
    Sorry I'm late answering these!

I really like it! It's perfect for shorter reading sessions. The way you write dialogue is also very enjoyable. It's funny and also very believable! :)

Either Henry or Paris. Probably Paris. I just love his/her dialogue and he/she seems like a real sweetheart, unlike some of the more murderous characters. Not that I don't like Alex! :sweat_smile: I just still feel bad for auntie...

Lauren, I guess. She hasn't exactly done much to get on my good side lately! :D

Hmmm, maybe Victor or some of Henry's other cousins because they didn't want to fight with the Evil Geniuses. Either that or Paris, because he/she genuinely wanted the truce to work.

I think he'll probably be upset with his friends for , you know, slaughtering his family. Then again, murder doesn't seem to bother him that much so maybe he'll decide to switch sides because Lauren didn't listen to him and led a bunch of people to their deaths. I don't know, there are a lot of possibilities!

Now that you've asked this... not very! :D Also with the whole, person-he's-based-off-of-dying-an-early-death thing I'm kind of getting worried. That being said, I don't really know what to expect!

@IchigoUsagi Oh really? I'm glad you enjoy the dialogue. It's my favourite part to write. I'm honestly pretty useless at setting descriptions, because I find them boring to write, but I really loooove dialogue and human interaction. XD

Oh yayyy!!! Another Paris lover!!!! I love Paris too, did you know? :D Yep, hands down Paris is the most innocent in my opinion, but I'm biased, so don't take my word for it. XD

Now that is very insightful of you. I'm not sure Henry really knows which side he's on.
    Hehe... another insightful observation. Yes, Henry is indeed inspired by Hephaestion who dies young... but how closely inspired is he? We just don't know. MWAHAAHAHAHA!!!! :D

I just realised I missed two questions and I have no idea why O.o

No one's innocent == Innocence is dead. Especially in a world like this. But if I had to pick one, I'll pick Paris. He/she was so upset when things went wrong.

I am confident in nothing! I'll give him exactly 50% chance of survival. I feel like it's one of those things that will happen at the end, if it does happen, so by the time that rolls around you probably would have been like 'Hmm, kill him. No, don't kill him' over and over. Hence the 50% xD

Back to @chalicen . Yes, jump on the Paris wagon. I totally agree Paris is innocent and perfect!!!!! (Yes I know, I've still got my rose-coloured spectacles on).

Oooohh!!!! Wow!!! That was also insightful.... But really??? How could you possibly ever want Henry dead? He's just so innocent....... hehe...
    I have a question!

@simscognito How much do you plan out when you write? Any story maps? Outlines? Excel sheets filled with the most minute details?
    edited February 2018
    I have a question!

@simscognito How much do you plan out when you write? Any story maps? Outlines? Excel sheets filled with the most minute details?

@chalicen hmm... good question. I do have outlines. I've currently got an outline going to chapter 30 (and am about to start writing the next outline). I like to keep fairly far ahead, so I don't get too stressed. :D However, I do know how the story's going to end, but I won't state why, although some may be able to guess. :D (keep in mind, there will be twists).

I basically write all the chapters out and add screenshots later, but sometimes, such as the 'maybe love scene between Henry and Alex' I did let them do their own thing, since they are better at romance than I. XD

When writing the plot outline, because I have more than one plot going at once, I write one person's arc, then write another person's arc separately, cut the plot scenes out (since I write this on paper) and weave them together.

I also role-play all my scenes and characters to check if they're believable enough. (Yes, going off the conversation in the Friends of Foes thread, I think I'm the only one here who doesn't get stage-fright). :D

Anyway, I hope my answers make sense. I'm terrible at explaining things. :D
    Post edited by simscognito on
    I finally updated TIOL! Chapter Eight: Lilith took me a little while, but it's here!

02-14-18-7-10-57-pm_orig.png
    Hey guys, I've just been plotting and screenshotting for later chapters and I have another question for you. Is there any part of the story that particularly interests you or you want to know more about? e.g characters, plot, backstory... etc.