Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovacy Challenge - a new (and short!) challenge.

Comments

• Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @ADWilson Two dogs! Cute. I did horses in the last renovacy, but I've not done dogs yet. Like "The boys are in the house!" Poor Abigail - it's a pretty male-heavy environment. Looking forward to seeing how she grows up in it.
    @ciane Did they notice the housework? And the re-arranged room? I'm having a laid-back day today - I've just realised how tired I've got Doing Things. So I'm having a day off - hence the new chapter. And I've got ideas for the next one - time to go and do my physio though. Thanks for your enthusiastic comment - made my husband smile too. :D
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @SamelaRita I was going to do horses, but didn't want to seem like a copycat so I went with another pet that I thought would suit barn life :) You know, I didn't really think about that until you mentioned it. Abigail is the only girl AND she is the middle child. Now that I'm thinking about her, I shall have to go and peek to see how she's coming along. Wouldn't want her lost in the shuffle.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    If they noticed, they didn't mention it! Hubby, working nights, is pretty much a zombie anyway. He thanked me for vacuuming Grandma's room this morning. That's because he didn't go straight to bed. He had to do something on the computer this morning first. So, the vacuum was in Gma's room and the cord was running down the hallway. That was kind of obvious, even in his tired state!

I'm glad to have more chapters to read this morning. I'll get them read before I had to head out to see the occupational therapist myself. This hand is really being stubborn and I have knots in my palm, so I don't want to overdo things with it. Yet, I still push it at times, like moving heavy furniture around!!!
  • Options
    Great chapters both of you!!! I am waiting for a certain someone to grow on a certain other someone. In Addy's case, it looks like the bonding was fairly instant. Yay for that.

Now, as I have the dogs fed and have given them their favorite treats - carrots! - I'll be heading out myself.

Hopefully, you all will get some more "me time" and I can find more to read soon!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Since you didn't give me anything more to read, I posted my latest play of mama D's Alvara challenge. There are two pages. The one should link to the other as always. I did have problems with wordpress and my pics showing, so let me know if it only tells you the screenshot number or if you get the actually pics.

Links are always helpful, right?
    https://2sim3.wordpress.com/other/mad/an/
  • Options
    @ciane pictures showed up fine but you might want to take a quick peek at the second page (sentence towards end talking about the peg box). Could cause some interesting comments/jokes.
  • Options
    I already found the p/b typo. I was having so many issues with pics that I didn't QC at all. (Not that I'm a great QCer anyway.)
  • Options
    I figured you had since you're great at noticing things. I just wanted to help curb your getting oddball comments. Shame about the issues with pics ... hopefully that was a one off.
  • Options
    There were a couple updates recently to win10 that might be causing weird issues with showing the images for me. I can live with it, if the pics actually show eventually.
  • Options
    Okay, I confess, I had to look up who Chuck Norris was...I'm not that good with actors' names. @ciane I liked the story :) Might have one for you to read later today - it all depends on how long everything else takes to do! Have a good weekend too.
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    I'm rolling, the look on Alvara's face in the one shot (2nd page) is great, it's almost reading as 'oh no what have I gotten myself into'. lol
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    Hmm ... I also experienced what @ciane did when writing a new chapter in wordpress. It looks like the images show up when I copy/paste the link to the url bar (took a while before any image showed up and this was after I deleted the post and tried from scratch a 2nd time). Hopefully others will be able to see the pictures when posts "go live".
  • Options
    I THINK that as long as it shows an image box when you kind of hover over it, that it will work.
  • Options
    Chapter 4 link here: http://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2018/06/a-nice-quiet-life-chapter-4.html
    Hope everyone's having a good weekend! My husband's busy building a workbench, but I'm having an easy day because next week is going to be so full on! I don't need to tire myself out in advance ;)
  • Options
    Yay! A new chapter to read, and a great one! I like the way you placed it. I wasn't expecting it, but it looks great. I'm liking his story-telling too!

On the home front, I've got the sheets in the dryer now and then I can make the bed. I've finished the two seats I was working on (and my fingers are tired of sewing already!) I've cut the material for the chair backs. Next up is hemming the edges and then sewing those. So, it was nice to get a story with my break! Thank you. :smile:
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Like ciane, I didn't expect the placement of his container but really like it! Your stories are always enjoyable to read @SamelaRita yet something about alternating between the two of them is really striking a chord :) Looking forward to having a go at this particular challenge & seeing what happens. But I have to finish the one I am on first.

Not accomplishing much on this end. To celebrate Father's Day, we took my husband to see two movies. Last night was "Won't You Be My Neighbor?", a documentary about Mr Rogers (really good!), and today was "The Incredibles 2" (also really good!). Several trailers ("Christopher Robin" & "The Nutcracker") have my daughter and me looking forward to seeing them.
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • Options
    Good Morning :)
    New week, new chapter!

In One’s “Write” Mind
    In this letter Luke enjoys a day away from the house but is always mindful of where his responsibilities lie.
    Letter 9
  • Options
    Yay for another chapter to read before heading out to deliver meals. I left you a comment on your web site. Sorry I can't comment on the other stories that don't use word press.
  • Options
    @ADWilson Liked Luke finally getting out of the house. And the ghost...and the boys pillow fighting too, and Luke's description of the cartoon watching. I especially liked the sidekick Not So Mighty Mouse.
    Been teaching a friend's daughter how to sew today (and all week too! I'm her work experience!) so that's been great fun. We've made a good start on finishing off a pair of trousers and then we're making over a rather gorgeous full skirt into a party dress. Could be amazing. Might post photos, depending on how it goes.
    Hope you have a good week and that Monday wasn't too Monday-ish.
  • Options
  • Options
    Would also love to see the pictures!

Thanks for creating this challenge @SamelaRita :)
    As you can obviously tell, I'm having fun with it.
  • Options
    Next chapter: http://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2018/06/a-nice-quiet-life-chapter-5.html
    It's much easier playing with fewer people, in terms of narrative! And don't you just love it when the gameplay itself gives you the perfect addition to your story?
  • Options
    I agree, less people makes playing and telling their story quite a bit easier. My legacy family has a full house! Eight is quite a lot to handle/manage but I'm getting there. I think. Luke's house is a bit busy too with 5 sims & 2 dogs. We'll see how that turns out. :)

LOVE when the game provides perfect storytelling additions!

Speaking of love, I love your story! "Old Paint Sample" is slowly growing on "Lady". Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
  • Options
    Next Chapter on this end also.

Putting Things "Write"
    In this letter Luke writes about the kiddos helping him with a couple of potentially awkward moments.
    Letter 10
  • Options
    @ADWilson That was a cute chapter. I've never had anyone come out as a ghost from the haunted house. And the pumpkins were fun too.
    Glad you liked mine - I like their nicknames for each other: they just sort of grew.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top