Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parity : Defend the male sims rights 😛

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
edited October 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hi,

In The Sims 2, the cover art of all EPs got 1 male sim and 1 female sim
In The Sims 3, there are generally 3 male sims and 3 female sims and any case there is always the same number of both genders.

Suddenly, in The Sims 4 :

- EP01 : 2 female and 1 male
- EP02 : 3 female and 1 male
- EP03 : 2 female and 1 male

If I count the Game Packs and the Stuff Packs, the total is 41 female sims and 31 male sims.

I request for more visibility for the male in the upcoming packs :p

(I'm not serious but it's funny to see how the women took the control of The Sims)

the-si10.jpg

1013926_LB_231x326_fr_FR_%5E_2015-02-24-11-02-33_2b657e79073823e11bf2bc272afd7e44c7c92140.jpg1020340_LB_231x326_fr_FR_%5E_2015-07-15-10-46-05_5b4352ac01f745b45ca2dbd958bc29be1ed1f85c.jpg1027370_LB_231x326_fr_FR_%5E_2016-08-19-10-55-26_bee47ae307937588811a8cf7861bb7bdfbe54db5.png
1027372_LB_231x326_fr_FR_%5E_2017-08-18-12-11-30_8fca331d5c528ffe6a16c94cd0a07d299d2d22bc.png
Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Comments

• Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Yeah, I take offense to that cause I am a male. I never noticed until you pointed it out. I'm going to rally up my male sims in game and protest.

(I'm not serious either, but had to go along.)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    If it makes either of you guys feel better, I tend to play male Sims slightly more than females, inasmuch, as my Founders are almost always male.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    Wow, never noticed that! All for equality
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Shameful Sims team... Get your act together and give the men some respect!
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I say we vote for the right of Pets (male or female) to be on the next EP.

We must stand up for the rights of animals to be plastered all over the next EP.

As a species we must demand this for our animal friends.
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't care about the box art but PLEASE give us some more male cas items, every time there is a new pack female Sims get loads of stuff compared to males.
  • Options
    They should make a "stuff pack" just for male sims...
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Hi,

In The Sims 3, there are generally 3 male sims and 3 female sims and any case there is always the same number of both genders.

If I count the Game Packs and the Stuff Packs, the total is 36 female and 28 male.

If your findings were accurate then it's so obvious to me that the person who create CAS clothing is a female player; he(she) has no desire to dress up his(her) barbie's boy.

Based on the notion that barbie must always be gorgeous and dressed impeccably well so bless her with more clothes, hairs, accessories and shoes to compliment her beauty till the point the closet is almost exploded with barbie stuffs unable to tolerate a new pair of socks or underwear for barbie's male friend.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Perhaps the owners know something we do not. Like maybe more girls buy the game?
    or maybe it's a message to men.
    Just get your friends to buy more packs.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2017
    Hi,

If I count the Game Packs and the Stuff Packs, the total is 36 female and 28 male.

I request for more visibility for the male in the upcoming packs :p

(I'm not serious but it's funny to see how the women took the control of The Sims)

lol, preach it. I hadn't noticed but since males in this game are totally ignored as far as content for them, I agree. :D

ETA: Maxis get a clue. I'm female. I like males. I rarely play females since I like males. I may have a few who are favorites but I'm not a barbie doll player. So, I see the differences made in this game and actually just as bad when TS3 had only like three types of shorts for males for years. If I like males and not females why would I want to stare at females cooking etc? I wouldn't, I want to see more male content. Thanks. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    RomzarahRomzarah Posts: 195 Member
    Well, I'm a guy and find it hard to make a male sim look unique.. Yep almost nothing for the guys.. This makes it look like the clones are taking over.. Help.. Though from a guys point of view, girls make the world go around in any reality..
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited June 2017
    I can see both sides of this. I do want to see more stuff for male sims because I want to see more stuff in the game, that includes stuff for males. I've never worried about the ratio of male objects to female objects though. (Yes, I play both male and female sims with no particular preference; I see them all as individuals and I enjoy exploring the psyches of different people). I can empathize with men and women equally.

Worrying about the amount of female characters on the box? You've lost me there. Like, ok, let's have a rule that all games need to have an equal number of male and female characters on the box for every game that is made - bearing in mind that few people actually look at boxes, so let's go with promotional materials. Let's make that rule regardless of the sales figures of who buys the product. Let's say that a box can't have just one token attractive cartoon woman in order to be made. Now, you have my attention.

No, I'm not actually arguing for that rule, I'm making a point. When I say I'm not worried about a ratio, I'm not saying that I don't want to address a shortage of varied male content or that I don't want to be inclusive to all players, because I want both of those things. Fixating on a ratio as a concept though? No.

Start doing that with every other game out there and I'll pay attention.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    It's not just the clothes/content. Have noticed that as far back as Sims2 (don't remember if in TS1) the AI for male sims is 'dumber' than that for the female ones. For example, if a female sim has a low need she will usually take care of it. A male sim, even in desperation mode, will head for the nearest fun object.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    lol, I agree I want more men to be represented equal representation don't make the little boys feel they can't play to!! :D

Although more men cloth's is needed so legit sim gurus give the male sims some love. Pretty please, they need your love.
  • Options
    KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    edited June 2017
    I think this is because The Sims 4's main audience is young girls. However, I do feel there needs to be more coverage for dudes in TS4. There is such a lack of nice things for guys, it's no wonder I don't see that many guys playing the game...
  • Options
    @Romzarah said:
    Well, I'm a guy and find it hard to make a male sim look unique.. Yep almost nothing for the guys.. This makes it look like the clones are taking over.. Help.. Though from a guys point of view, girls make the world go around in any reality..

I use a bit of custom content for my male sims. Especially for skintones and hair. I would do a search for luminarlover on Google. He's got some really nice stuff out there.

@Oldeseadogge said:
    It's not just the clothes/content. Have noticed that as far back as Sims2 (don't remember if in TS1) the AI for male sims is 'dumber' than that for the female ones. For example, if a female sim has a low need she will usually take care of it. A male sim, even in desperation mode, will head for the nearest fun object.

I wouldn't say "desperation" mode they won't take care of it. If my male sims needs go into the orange-red, they do take care of it on their own. But you are correct on the yellow level. They'd rather watch tv then go the bathroom.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    RomzarahRomzarah Posts: 195 Member
    @LegcySims2017 Thanks will look at what the creator has.. Ya I downloaded all the hair and stuff I could find, but there is almost nothing good out there.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I would love more male equality in my game. I'm all for this!
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    Based on the notion that barbie must always be gorgeous and dressed impeccably well so bless her with more clothes, hairs, accessories and shoes to compliment her beauty till the point the closet is almost exploded with barbie stuffs unable to tolerate a new pair of socks or underwear for barbie's male friend.

Ken is just another of Barbies accessories :bawling::heartbreak:

(On a serious note a little more love for the male cas pretty please cas team)
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    determigdetermig Posts: 75 Member
    More male stuff! I miss football, soccer and baseball.. my boys are bored in my game! Also more male CAS! #MaleJustice
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'm all for more CAS stuff, but ever since the clothes are optionally for either gender, we don't really need more specifically male clothes - just switch off the filter.

It's how boring male hairstyles are that worries me.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I'm all for more CAS stuff, but ever since the clothes are optionally for either gender, we don't really need more specifically male clothes - just switch off the filter.

It's how boring male hairstyles are that worries me.

Yes and no. sure I can have my men wear some of the womans clothing but a lot of it doesn't seem right when I do and a lot of it looks to feminine for some of my guys. I really only found that feature helping much when it came to hair styles most of the clothing for men and women is a little to gender specific in it's design to work well for a majority of my sims at least.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I don't care about the box art but PLEASE give us some more male cas items, every time there is a new pack female Sims get loads of stuff compared to males.

Yes!! I agree 100%. I play male sim primarily and it's difficult to keep them looking unique as there's nearly no where near the CAS selections that female sims have.

• Options
    @MzPigglyPooh said:
    I would love more male equality in my game. I'm all for this!

Unrelated to topic at hand.... but I literally LOL'd at your signature. That look is spot on how one feels when that happens.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif