Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sam Beckett (Quantum Leap) Sims 3 story :)

Comments

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Here ya go @Namaya92 :)
    Oh and let me tag you too @LunBeauty :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @emorrill Awwww those sad cat eyes :(;)
    Jensen has always been on my no-share list as he is too special to me. In the case of Jared, I have used so many custom sliders that sharing him would upset me if I saw him looking less than I intended in another's game.
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @emorrill Awwww those sad cat eyes :(;)
    Jensen has always been on my no-share list as he is too special to me. In the case of Jared, I have used so many custom sliders that sharing him would upset me if I saw him looking less than I intended in another's game.

Totally makes sense @Mikezumi No worries. ;)<3
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @emorrill , Sorry about the delay...haven't had much screen time as of late.
    **Certainly am glad the wicked witch didn't kill Sam when she gave him the shot of whatever knocking him out!
    **Al is Pi*ss*ed!! :o (can't blame him!)
    **She's confessing!! Too bad Sam didn't have a tiny tape recorder or something..
    **Geeze...pure Evil!!
    **Stole his knife...to be expected but just....Grrrr!
    **His phone too!! What a jerk she is, now Emma will never even know where he is (I wanted her to save him!)
    **Awwww! Al is trying to save him...naturally. ;)
    **Swim Sam Swim!!

**I love that song (have for eons! my parents had that Album of Kansas)

Wonderful update but the cliffhanger queen strikes again.. :p
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,359 Member
    @Charlottesmom I thought the same! That Emma was going to save him.
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom Thank you. <3 I always love your comments. :kissing_heart: You're the best!

@ZeeGee You are too. ;)<3 I know the anticipation is killing you :p (refreshing the page every day and all. :mrgreen: You're so cute! ) But I promise I'm working on the update! I'll get it posted as soon as I can!

How do you two like my new siggy banner? :blush:

You know it's funny how my readers share what they think will happen and I'm like, "Gee...that would've been a good idea!" :lol:
    Seriously though. You all come up with some amazing ideas! :star:

But things have to happen for a certain reason and...I know you all will love the story no matter what happens. :blush:

Thank you again ladies. Now I must adult a little bit and get back to Sam! :p
    {{{Hugs}}}
  • Options
    emorrill wrote: »
    @Charlottesmom Thank you. <3 I always love your comments. :kissing_heart: You're the best!

@ZeeGee You are too. ;)<3 I know the anticipation is killing you :p (refreshing the page every day and all. :mrgreen: You're so cute! ) But I promise I'm working on the update! I'll get it posted as soon as I can!

How do you two like my new siggy banner? :blush:

You know it's funny how my readers share what they think will happen and I'm like, "Gee...that would've been a good idea!" :lol:
    Seriously though. You all come up with some amazing ideas! :star:

But things have to happen for a certain reason and...I know you all will love the story no matter what happens. :blush:

Thank you again ladies. Now I must adult a little bit and get back to Sam! :p
    {{{Hugs}}}

Refreshing every day? More like every 5 minutes! :lol: I'm trying to restore the pictures in my picturesque thread (decimated by stinking Photobucket) so been on here a lot lately,

Looooove the new banner!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Here it is @ZeeGee ;)

**I would like to dedicate this chapter to my forum friends: @Charlottesmom , @mycami21 , @Nikkei_Simmer , and @thuggishsplicer . <3 You'll see why. ;) **

Carry On My Weary Son

The distance to the nearest, accessible bank from the water was about one hundred feet, Sam calculated. And with every twenty-five feet of stroking he would find himself nearly drowning from losing breath and strength from the increase in sharp pain surging throughout his body. It was the most excruciating experience he ever had to endure to date during all his leaps.

Once he reached the bank, he dug his shaky fingers into the ground, pulling himself up onto the land while releasing numerous breaths of relief. Then plopping himself down onto his stomach, he gasped for air and blew up particles of dirt in the process while wincing in pain. God, he whispered, you gotta help me keep going. Give me the strength to make it to someone who can help me! Please God, he begged with a hiss, thou art the only one who can help me now! He was terrified and honestly felt like sobbing, but he couldn't just wallow away and die there on the ground. He had to get up! Everyone in Hidden Springs was counting on him and Emmaline had to be put away for good! He had to power to do that now.

Among a few moans and groans Sam picked himself up again and practiced some breathing techniques to help handle the pain and started running.

SB_death_scene_add_ins_3.jpg

And boy did he run! Bolting as fast as he was able, bound and determined to reach the city and nothing...not even death...would stop him!
    Ok cue this song:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0C8emw8jrA
    It's a good and fitting one for this moment.

"Yes!" he cried out upon reaching a sidewalk. His body desperately wanted to stop, understandably so, but Sam wouldn't allow it. For if he did, he'd never be able to get back up. Off he continued to run in the direction of the city. You can do it Sam! Push through the pain! You'll make it!

SB_death_scene_add_ins_2.jpg

Drops of sweat fell onto his eyelids and as he wiped away at them he heard his name being called.
    "Sam!" It was Al.

The hologram ran side by side with him while saying, "Kid! Thank G** you made it out of the water. I've got some news for you."
    "Can't...it wait?" Sam gasped. "I'm running against the clock here Al."
    "No," Al snapped. "We found out what's wrong with Ziggy. Well," he corrected, "there actually isn't anything wrong with her at all!"
    "What!?"
    "You see," Al began, "This place is your new reality and present state correct?"
    "Yes?"
    "And when you're leaping you're jumping through different events in your lifetime which makes Ziggy able to predict what's going to happen because it already happened."
    "Yes Al, I know! Would you...get to the point please!"
    "Well here there's no time traveling involved because this is the Present! Yes, we've seen that Ziggy is able to predict the future happenings in this town based on its residents, don't ask us how, but whenever we try to run any scenarios involving you, she goes bonkers. Then we finally realized: your future in the present is one she cannot predict Sam!"

Upon hearing that, Sam co*ck*ed his head in thought. I guess I never really thought about the fact that she wouldn't be able to predict my own future in the present. I never designed her to do that and heck, it's not even possible to do...
    "She just doesn't have the power to do that Sam," Al added, interrupting his thoughts. "And that's why we have no clue what's going to happen with you right now."
    Upon seeing a community lot up ahead, Sam ran faster and gained a lead on Al. He was about to say something in response when his vision blurred, a piercing headache slamming him, and that caused him to stop...

SB_death_scene_add_ins_1.jpg

...before falling to his knees from painful exhaustion.
    "Sam!" Al cried, coming to a halt. "Don't stop now kid! There's a building just ahead and I think I see people there!"
    "Al," Sam addressed, throwing that aside, "my blood feels like it's boiling." He hissed and hissed. "It burns...and I can't stop shaking...It's excruciatingly painful! I dunno...if I can make it there!" He knew his blood pressure was dropping fast.
    "You can kid!" Al assured. "You're strong! Just a few more feet away and you'll get help. You can do it! If I could carry you Sam I would but..."
    "I know," Sam said, crying out in pain again while standing up. "Just stay with me Al. Cheer me on...and I'll make it."
    "You got it kid!"

Sam wanted to order Al to find Emma and see if he could somehow reach her, like he was miraculously able to do with people in previous leaps, but it was rare and truthfully, he needed his friend of fifteen years to be with him right now. If he was going to die, he wanted Al to be by his side. Dear God please reach Emma somehow! Please...

The small building on the community lot up ahead was the entrance to one of the city pools. It had just recently been built on the outskirts of town so it wasn't as frequented as the other establishments. Luckily for Sam though, there were about four people mingling out front. It was enough!

"Almost there kid! Almost there!" Al encouraged in a comforting tone.
    Feeling like daggers were piercing into his calves, Sam staggered to the lot with every ounce of strength he had left and once he made it, he dropped to the ground panting heavily.
    An onlooker, sitting on one of the benches around a nearby tree, witnessed Sam's fall and called out, "Dude. Are you ok!?"

Sam_death_scene_1.jpg

He ran over to help Sam.
    "No," Sam cried. "I've been given a lethal injection. Call an ambulance NOW!"
    "Ok!" the man obeyed, immediately pulling out his phone.
    "Atta boy Sam," Al spoke in relief. "You're going to be ok." He knew Sam couldn't speak with him now because people were present and it pained him a little.

Two other town residents turned from their conversation upon Sam's declaration and gasped at the sight of him. The other woman who had been sunbathing, immediately stopped what she was doing and stood up to watch. "Is that Sam Beckett?" she whispered to the others.
    "Yeah I think it is," the other man said.
    "The one who was missing?" the red head asked.
    "Yes!" they all whispered in unison.

The man in the white shirt ended the call and said to Sam. "The ambulance will be here as soon as possible!"
    "Thanks," Sam expressed, hissing in pain again and turning to rest on his bum. "Come here for a...second...would you please?" he beckoned to the man.
    Instantly the man knelt beside Sam and asked. "Yes? What do you need?"
    "I need you," Sam spoke breathlessly, "to pull out...your phone again...turn on your voice recorder...and record everything I'm about to tell you."
    Eyebrows raised the man answered, "Alright."
    "Sam...," Al whispered, watching his dear friend suffer without being able to do a thing about it. It was as if Sam was about to give a final message before passing and it pulled harder at Al's heartstrings than anything ever had in his life before.

But no.

Sam reiterated everything Emmaline did and confessed to him. The three onlookers just shook their heads in shock.
    "Holy s***," the man in the white shirt reacted in disbelief.

Unable to hold still now with the intensifying burning pain, Sam was now finding it difficult to even speak. He had to be quick.
    "Now," he asked, "make another recording." He coughed. "This one will be...for the EMTs who come for me...and also to pass on to the doctors...at the hospital."
    "You got it!"

Sam_death_scene_6.jpg

Sam spoke as fast as he could, coughing and crying out in agony in between. Al just stood motionless, his cigar burning itself out, watching and praying. He couldn't hold back the tears anymore. They weighed upon his eyelids.
    When Sam finished dictating, he took the man in the white shirt's hand and struggled to say, "Now...here's what...I need...you to do...when I go into shock."
    The man stared at him nervously. "Ok?" he gulped.
    "When!?" Al cried out questionably. "NO Sam! The ambulance will get here before then!" He peered out down the street. "Where the h*** is that ambulance already!?" This can't be happening!

"I think I can do that," the man in the white shirt said in response to Sam.
    Sam nodded. With tears filling up his eyes now he went on to say, "Now, tell my friend Emma...AH!" he suddenly screamed, falling onto his back.
    "Sir!?"

Sam_death_scene_2.jpg

Sam could no longer speak, the excruciating pain now took over his body. No longer was it bearable. He hissed and writhed violently back and forth, crying out in agony and gasping for breath.
    "Sam!" Al cried, falling to his knees before his friend. "Please hang on kid! Hang on!"
    "It's over Al," Sam hissed. "I can't--" It sounded so final and Al knew that tone in his voice.
    "No!" Al begged. "Oh God no! Don't do this! SAVE HIM! Please!"

Sam_death_scene_3.jpg

"What do you we do!?" the brown haired woman asked in a panic.
    "I dunno!" The man in the white shirt cried. "I know what he told me to do, but...I'm quickly forgetting!"
    "Take ME God!" Al continued to lament, his face to the ground and sobbing. "Not him...there's still so much more he can do! Please take me instead!"

In that moment, Sam's body began to convulse in a violent seizure. Al shot up to his feet, while the brown haired woman and the man in the white shirt tried to attend to Sam.
    Next he started foaming at the mouth and the spasms gradually began to slow down as his eyeballs rolled into his skull while the lids completely closed. His breathing stopped.

"SAAAAAM!?" Al screamed.

Sam_death_scene_7.jpg

The onlookers stared at each other in horror.

"I think his heart stopped," the man in the white shirt informed, gripping Sam's wrist. "He's dead."
    The brown haired woman placed a hand on Sam's arm and began sobbing over it.
    "Oh G**," the red haired woman whispered, cup*ping her hands to her mouth.
    The other man just shook his head in sorrow.
    Al, being frozen with grief and the tears falling from his eyes, looked upon his dear friend one last time with no words.

Sam_death_scene_4.jpg

The sirens from the ambulance sounded in the distance, just turning onto the street toward them.

And that's when the hologram of Al vanished into thin air.

Sam_death_scene_5.jpg

:no_mouth:
    Post edited by emorrill on
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    Wait, you can't do this to me! :(
  • Options
    KatNip wrote: »
    Wait, you can't do this to me! :(

@KatNip Hey chica! You're still here! :) I've missed you. <3

I'm sorry. :cry:

There will be another chapter if that makes you feel better?
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Oh my! That was very tense and difficult to read! I was with Sam the whole time he struggled to get into town!
    Poor Al - feeling so helpless watching what could possibly be the end of his friend :'(
    I'm glad that Sam recorded those messages and I hope they do undo that evil woman but I WANT SAM TO LIVE!!!!
    Get the next update written soon because I need to know!
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Oh my! That was very tense and difficult to read! I was with Sam the whole time he struggled to get into town!
    Poor Al - feeling so helpless watching what could possibly be the end of his friend :'(
    I'm glad that Sam recorded those messages and I hope they do undo that evil woman but I WANT SAM TO LIVE!!!!
    Get the next update written soon because I need to know!

@Mikezumi <3 {{{{Hugs}}}} <3

I will do just that as soon as I can! Promise.
  • Options
    Aww @ZeeGee Your silence makes me think you are crying. :cry: (Please just be away from the forum... ;) )

Talk to me chica! We can get through this together. {{{{{{Big hugs}}}}}}}
  • Options
    @emorrill Yes, it made me sad. :cry: It was hard to read but you did a great job as always. :)
  • Options
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @emorrill Yes, it made me sad. :cry: It was hard to read but you did a great job as always. :)

@ZeeGee I'm sorry. :(
    But just wait until the next chapter and I'm sure you'll feel better. <3

And thank you. (((Hugs)))
  • Options
    emorrill wrote: »
    But just wait until the next chapter and I'm sure you'll feel better. <3

And thank you. (((Hugs)))

:smiley:

I'm still Team Emma but I'm starting a new team, the 'find Emmaline and make her suffer in your game' team. :wink:
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @zeegee and @emorrill I will join the 'find Emmaline team and make her suffer in your game team'!
  • Options
    @bekkasan Thanks. Knowing that Emmaline is suffering in games all over the world makes me feel better. :blush:

Oops, that sounded cruel. I'm off to a 12 hour work day but will check my phone if I can manage to get a break (rare). Have a nice day everyone! :kissing:
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @emorrill , What can I say this was a wonderfully written update, it held my attention from the first word to the very last! I'm going nuts trying to figure out what you've got up your sleeve for the next update!! I almost want to look up Sam's symptoms from the injection Emmaline gave him to see if I can figure out what she gave him...
    **I love how you included, my SS, Mark, Nikkei and Mycami!!
    **I hope someone knows Emma (is she friends with my SS?? :smiley: ) and can tell her what went on with Sam!!!
    **The fact that Al disappeared scares/confuses me, but in reality I know Sam is/will be alive and well as you have more to this story. ;)
    **That was a heck of a cliffhanger woman!! :angry:

Hurry up with that update...J/K you take your time and write it out exactly how you want it. ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    **The fact that Al disappeared scares/confuses me, but in reality I know Sam is/will be alive and well as you have more to this story. ;)

Same here. I took that to mean that Sam's brain waves stopped and that he died. Of course, paramedics are on the way hopefully...

A special pic for the 'find Emmaline and make her suffer' team. (Nothing to do with Em's story of course)
    4duq8Pu.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @ZeeGee LOL Perfect! I realized I don't have Hidden Springs in my current set up.....may have to attempt to add it today. It should not add to issues like Pets or Seasons would?
  • Options
    @bekkasan Installing Hidden Springs will add the town and some new items but won’t come anywhere near the intensity of a heavy duty EP such as Pets or Seasons so you should be fine.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @emorrill , What can I say this was a wonderfully written update, it held my attention from the first word to the very last! I'm going nuts trying to figure out what you've got up your sleeve for the next update!! I almost want to look up Sam's symptoms from the injection Emmaline gave him to see if I can figure out what she gave him...
    **I love how you included, my SS, Mark, Nikkei and Mycami!!
    **I hope someone knows Emma (is she friends with my SS?? :smiley: ) and can tell her what went on with Sam!!!
    **That was a heck of a cliffhanger woman!! :angry:

Hurry up with that update...J/K you take your time and write it out exactly how you want it. ;)

@Charlottesmom
    mlp_sister_hug_by_dragonm97hd-d9xllxl.png
    Thank you. <3 Your comment made my day.

To save you the trouble, I never researched a specific injection. ;) I just figured it would be a lethal one that's only known of in the Hidden Springs world...or not... It could be something Emmaline concocted herself. :grey_question:

It was fun adding in your SS, @thuggishsplicer , @Nikkei_Simmer and @mycami21 's SS's. :blush:

You know I totally have a picture of Emma meeting your SS... need to find it.
    I don't know if they've hit friend status yet. ;)

Al disappeared because he's connected to Sam's brain through neurons and other stuff. So if Sam's brain were to shut down, or like...die, Al's hologram would cease to exist. Does that make sense? He's still very much alive back on Earth at the QL Project. :)

Forgive the cliffhangers... :p {{{Hug}}} I hate them myself personally but they end up happening or my posts would be WAY too long! ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    ZeeGee wrote: »

Same here. I took that to mean that Sam's brain waves stopped and that he died. Of course, paramedics are on the way hopefully...

A special pic for the 'find Emmaline and make her suffer' team. (Nothing to do with Em's story of course)
    4duq8Pu.jpg

@Zeegee ^Lol! That was...
    HTTP21lZGlhMC5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvZUV0eFl1bDFrQlM4MC9naXBoeS5naWYlog.gif
    :blush:

In Bold: It looks like you were right. ;)
    Sadly so. :cry:
  • Options
    @emorrill Taps fingers.....taps toes....hmmm........good beat........does a little dance.....might as well make use of my time while waiting for an update! :innocent:
    <3 Don't mind me, in a silly mood this afternoon. B)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top