Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sam Beckett (Quantum Leap) Sims 3 story :)

Comments

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    emorrill wrote: »
    "Hi there ladies..."

:love:

Hey there yourself, gorgeous. :)<3

I'll copy that! <3
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    New Chapter! :mrgreen:

The Truth Comes Out

Meanwhile at the Vanderburg Mansion

The last few months since her recovery from Meningitis was supposed to be a life free from pain again. But that wasn't the case for Her Royal Highness Catarina Vanderburg. And it wasn't a matter of physical pain...she'd been keeping the most horrible of secrets from her family - particularly her husband - for nearing three years and it was eating at her so much, she felt like a horrible and worthless human being. When she looked in the mirror she hated what she saw. She felt ugly, inside and out, and as a result she couldn't seem to carry herself the way she used to. For the first time ever she didn't care about her rein. People were beginning to notice. Her family was beginning to notice, but they were too afraid to question it. She didn't like that. She always wanted her family to be closer than this. Had she really always set such a stern and stone- hearted example towards them? I guess Francisca was right about a lot of things, she whispered sadly to herself.

The family had indeed grown closer together upon the arrival of Rebecca; Francisca was coming back into their lives, and everything was great, but...the truth always has a way of coming out eventually, Catarina would think to herself and she couldn't hide it forever. For it had the capacity to destroy her family once and for all if it wasn't revealed by her own mouth. And especially with some recent, unexpected news, and in keeping her word to Sam, she decided that now was the time to set a better example and tell Renauld the truth. Not just for the sake of their marriage, or for Rebecca's sake, but because it was the right thing to do and she wanted to show her family that she was capable of doing that!

As the two Royals walked into their grand mansion after a long day at work, Renauld yawned loudly as Catarina hesitantly turned to face him, trying to keep her emotions in check. Here is goes. God help me...

"Renauld," she started, "we need to talk. There's...something I need to tell you." Her heart started pounding within her chest.
    Renauld yawned again, this time covering his mouth. "Oh honey, can't it wait until morning? I'm exhausted!"
    "I am too," she admitted, "but...this can't wait." She looked away. "Not anymore."

41525823881_08b60769da_z.jpg

Concern and worry washed over Renauld's face. "Umm...ok."
    "Let's go upstairs. To our bedroom."

It'd felt like a mile walk up the stairs for the both of them. Renauld closed their bedroom door as Catarina led him to the little sitting area across from their bed. She promptly took a seat as Renauld stood across from her. "What is it Cat?" he asked concernedly.
    "You're going to want to sit down for this," was her reply.

40632326065_4f21664456_z.jpg

Renauld gulped as he did so. "Alright. You're kind of scaring me here."
    "Please don't be scared," she beseeched. "Just listen."
    He nodded, giving her permission to continue.

41484587282_63c7e953cf_z.jpg

There was a bit of silence as Catarina begged in her mind, Oh God, Oh God, please make him understand! He HAS to understand! I don't wanna lose--
    "Catarina?" Renauld asked. "Are you alright?" He thought he could see tears in her eyes and that was a rare occurrence.
    "I don't know," she honestly replied. Gulping, she blinked rapidly while trying to hold the tears back. "I don't know how in the entire universe I'm going to tell you this so...I'm just going to come out and say it!"
    "Please!" he encouraged. This was becoming quite nerve wracking!

"Renauld," she started again, "a few months before Rebecca's birth I," she shuddered, "I attended one of the Cho's house parties."
    With an unexpected look he said, "Ok." That wasn't anything new. Then he thought for a moment. "Wasn't that the one where you met Doctor Beckett?"
    "Yes."
    "Go on."
    "Well," she gulped. "I had a few drinks. Actually...a lot of drinks."
    Renauld's eyebrows shot up in surprise.
    "I became so wasted I suddenly had no control over what was coming out of my mouth or," she paused, "my actions." She stared at him forebodingly.
    "Actions?" he probed, though he instantly began to feel like he shouldn't have.

41484588422_74be4deabe_z.jpg

"There was a man there, who'd just moved into town," she continued, "I thought I would go over and welcome him. That much I remember."
    Renauld nodded, that was customary, but suddenly his stomach tightened up and he didn't like where this was going. He hoped it wasn't going there. "Not Doctor Beckett?" he felt like clarifying.
    "No, not Doctor Beckett." Though that would've been better... "But anyway!" She cried, getting serious again. "Like I said I really have no idea what we talked about...

41525822401_83ed5d49ae_z.jpg

...I do remember he was so," she looked away thoughtfully, "mysterious. He had that kind of aura about him. And it was seducing..."
    Renauld grew even more nervous. He tried to prepare himself for the worst. "So?"
    "So," she went on, lacing her fingers together, "the next thing I knew," she started to tremble, "I was in bed with him."

39717164660_4fd1c4db56_z.jpg

There fell a ton a bricks. Renauld stared at her dumbfoundedly as Catarina bit her lower lip nervously.
    It was a good full minute before, "What? I...uh...," he stuttered, "What!?"
    "We had sex Renauld."
    The King then rubbed intently at his forehead and eyes, trying to collect his thoughts and emotions. "You were THAT wasted that you couldn't even remember consenting to having sex with him?"

41525823251_69952fea72_z.jpg

"Yes! But Renauld you know I--"
    "Or was your consent not just as a result of the alcohol?" he shot out. All reservations thrown aside.
    Catarina's mouth dropped upon hearing that, but she instantly closed it. It was true that at the time their marriage had been a little rocky. "I," she choked, "I honestly don't know how to answer that."
    "Is that so?" He stood up in anger.

40632324905_2726189f99_z.jpg

"Renauld, please, I understand your anger and you have every right to be! But," she hated this next part, "there's more to it than the sex."
    "And what might that be huh!? You still having an affair with this guy?"

41484586252_64d4058d89_z.jpg

"Heaven's no!"
    "Are you having his baby then?" he shouted out, obviously not listening.

At that moment, Catarina froze, and then lowered her head in guilt. Silence filled the room.

Renauld's eyes widened, realization setting in. Perspiration formed on his brow while a million thoughts started racing through his head.
    "I did," she simply replied.
    Once Renauld could speak he asked, "What do you mean you DID? Did you have this guy's baby behind my back!? How!?"
    "No! Rebecca...,"she couldn't finish. It was too hard. She shook her head rapidly, the tears falling off her cheeks now.

Bug eyed, Renauld gaped and understood exactly what she couldn't say. With his heart breaking and his world crashing down around him he managed to ask, "Are you telling me that...Rebecca is not mine?"
    Wiping at her nose, Catarina nodded.

At that point, Renauld instantly turned away from her, holding his hand to his heart. He stared at the crib in front of him with a great sense of loss, and Catarina couldn't help but stand to go to him.
    "I don't believe this," he muttered.

41484584892_9b800c29d8_z.jpg

40632323975_3db96c7e82_z.jpg

"Renauld," she started, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I am SO sorry! I never meant to hurt you. I know I should've revealed this to you sooner--"
    "YEAH you should've!" he said while turning sharply to face her.
    "Honey please--"
    "How could you DO this to me Catarina!? How could you?

27655271198_3068a94b97_z.jpg

I've put up with your stubbornness and crap for all these years, submitted to your every will, and this is how you repay me!? What you did was low...even for you!"
    Gaping she asked, "What the he'll do you mean by that?"
    "You know exactly what I mean! And who the he'll is this guy whose baby I've been raising up as my own!?"

26656135817_5628c77727_z.jpg

Catarina shuddered. "I don't remember his name...it's that man in the black cap."
    Throwing his hands in the air, Renauld cried angrily, "You slept with that man-wh'ore!?"
    "YES Renauld, but I wasn't in my right mind ok! Can't you see that!?"
    "No. What I see is a woman who's truly never given a da'mn about anyone's feelings but her own!"
    "Oh if I didn't give a da'mn why did I finally decide to come out and tell you!?"

41525818581_df677d2961_z.jpg

For a few seconds Renauld didn't know how to answer that, but his hurt feelings and anger were getting the better of him. Soon the two were arguing, even shouting, over things they should've discussed long before now and throwing out different accusations at each other.
    40632322615_96b54a6d1d_z.jpg
    26656140987_8d1bc903bd_z.jpg
    27655271588_a326e0a898_z.jpg
    26656139957_f1ce6db917_z.jpg

Finally, Catarina could no longer handle it. "Alright Renauld!" she cried out, hands in the air, "I get it. You're right!"

26656138877_3665e63430_z.jpg

"Can we just stop this?"

41525815531_ce9d848c4e_z.jpg

"No! I'm not finished." It felt good finally being able to speak his mind.
    "Renauld please! The Butler will be bringing the baby in any minute now for bed."
    "Whose baby are you referring to?" he mocked. "Oh that's right...YOURS!"
    Catarina glared. "Renauld knock it off!"

26656137757_159d8d58e3_z.jpg

In heightened anger he blurt out, "I no longer want to have anything to do with Rebecca! She is the spawn of filth!"
    "Renauld Vanderburg! Surely you don't mean that!?"
    "Oh I think I do!" However, realizing what he just said pushed the dagger into his heart even further.

Catarina was repulsed. Furious. She wanted to slap him.

41525814461_e79bb5f701_z.jpg

"It's one thing to be angry at me Renauld Vanderburg," she seethed, "but you do NOT hold any anger or hatred toward that poor, innocent child!" She pointed sharply at the door. "She is OUR baby and a part of this family! You understand that!?"
    Renauld then lowered his head and sobbed. There were no more words.

With feelings of sympathy, and trying to ease the heartbreaking tension, Catarina carefully took his hand and said, "You have no idea how horrible I feel about this Renauld. I'm so so sorry! I didn't mean to throw this on you so suddenly. It was eating at me for so long and I wanted to do the right thing by telling you the truth." She thought she heard him huff. "We'll get through this--"

26656136917_bfc2755f19_z.jpg

"No Catarina!" he shouted, pushing her hand away. "Stop pretending like eventually everything is going to be ok! This will never be ok!"

41525813541_251fb8685b_z.jpg

"It will be!"

She begged and begged for his forgiveness. The first time she ever did to anyone in all her life.

41525812401_836b52671e_z.jpg
    40632316675_99febbe121_z.jpg

"I dunno Cat," he said when she was done, shaking his head. "I just can't do this anymore. I can't." And with that he headed for the door.
    Not knowing exactly what he meant by that, she cried out, "Renauld!" stopping him in his tracks, but he didn't face her.

"I'm pregnant," she revealed.
    Renauld's head turned slightly.

27655269228_6e644a875c_z.jpg

"Of course it's yours," she assured. "There will most likely be complications again and," she choked, "I can't do this without you. I need you Renauld!"
    There was a sigh, as he gripped the door handle.
    "Please don't leave me!" she pleaded. "I love you!"
    Without saying anything back, Renauld left the room and Catarina's shoulders shook as the door closed.

She buried her face into her hands and sobbed...

40632315785_828aae9b08_z.jpg

...wondering if doing this right thing had really been worth it.

40632314985_0fd2ac9a88_z.jpg

"Oh God have I failed this family? Is there any hope left for us?"

26656133417_f4e08a1bfc_z.jpg

Renauld slept on one of the couches in the study that previous evening. He didn't fall asleep until well past midnight, crying into the pillows, and then trying to decide what he was going to do. This was the most complicated situation he ever had to work through in his life. He was still undecided when he woke up, barely in time to get ready for work. Emotionally exhausted he sauntered into the foyer and towards the front doors to leave...until he heard a cute little laugh from out back.

He always loved Rebecca's laugh. It filled his heart with so much joy, especially after a stressful day. He found himself heading out the back doors now, surely out of habit, because he really didn't feel like seeing her. But perhaps he needed to.

There she was...blissfully playing in the playpen, without a care in the world. For a moment, Renauld envied her.

26656132427_b4d85f8249_z.jpg

Watching her a bit he thought, She looks so much like Catarina so that's a blessing! He rolled his eyes at the thought of her real father.

Speaking of Catarina...he suddenly realized that in those last few moments after their argument she said everything he ever wanted to hear from her. She loved him. He honestly never knew if she really did.

He started to feel bad about all he said to her last night. She did do the right thing, even if it was late. Better late than never, he thought. He had to admire her for that. Perhaps she really wanted things to be better with their family. Have a more strengthened relationship with him. Maybe this horrible revelation was meant to be a blessing in disguise. No, I'm not there yet.

"Daddy," Rebecca said upon taking notice of him and holding her arms out to him.
    With tear filled eyes, Renauld couldn't help but smile and pick her up.

26656131877_24973378b6_z.jpg

Snuggling her tightly he said, "Yes. Daddy's here." He sniffed, feeling especially guilty about the things he said about her. Then as Rebecca nuzzled her face into his neck, he realized just how much he truly loved her. Indeed she was innocent, a victim in all this too, and one day he'd have to tell her the truth. In the meantime she may not be his biological daughter, but she was his daughter nonetheless. And he'd spend the rest of his life proving that to her.

"I love you Becca," he said, holding her tightly again. "You'll always be my baby girl."

26656131497_66738fcd5b_z.jpg

<3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,363 Member
    edited April 2018
    YAAA HOOO! Readinng...
    Aaaaaaw, awesome! Renauld is a truly wonderful man.

Who is the black hat man? Do I need to go back and read again?!
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @emorrill , I will get to this tomorrow, it’s wordy and I want to concentrate, and enjoy..I only have a few minutes before we pick up M at work then go to 5 Guys for supper. :smiley:

:kissing_heart:
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    YAAA HOOO! Readinng...
    Aaaaaaw, awesome! Renauld is a truly wonderful man.

Who is the black hat man? Do I need to go back and read again?!

@ZeeGee It's Craven Lestat's Simself. :p

Sam had a chat with him on the bench by the grocery store in the chapter before he finally kissed Emma. ;)

I'm glad you enjoyed the new chapter. <3 And ditto, Renauld truly is a good man!
  • Options

@ZeeGee It's Craven Lestat's Simself. :p

Sam had a chat with him on the bench by the grocery store in the chapter before he finally kissed Emma. ;)

I'm glad you enjoyed the new chapter. <3 And ditto, Renauld truly is a good man!
    ROFL you are brilliant. I remember the scene with Sam and Craven, but was thinking French beret instead of baseball cap for some reason. CRAVEN IS THE BLACK HAT MAN. ROFL.

• Options
    Is it absolutely ridiculous that I'm now mad at Craven?? How COULD he?! A married woman?! :lol:

Goes to blackboard to write 300 times 'Sims aren't real, Sim's aren't real, Sim's aren't real....'
  • Options
    Is it absolutely ridiculous that I'm now mad at Craven?? How COULD he?! A married woman?! :lol:

Goes to blackboard to write 300 times 'Sims aren't real, Sim's aren't real, Sim's aren't real....'

@ZeeGee Lol! :lol:

I joked about it with him a while ago (about his SS getting Catarina pregnant. :p ) He wasn't thrilled ;) because she's not one of his hottie premade gals! :lol:
  • Options
    I joked about it with him a while ago (about his SS getting Catarina pregnant. :p ) He wasn't thrilled ;) because she's not one of his hottie premade gals! :lol:

:lol: Yeah, he ages them up or down to get young adults. I suppose an adult woman would be too much for him, hmmmm???

@CravenLestat We gotta give you a hard time but you know we love ya!
  • Options
    YAY! I finished fixing all the previous story pictures here in the thread! :star:
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @emorrill Congrats! That was a big job.
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @emorrill Congrats! That was a big job.

@bekkasan Thank you. <3 It was...and it has been with my other stories on my blog as well. :confounded:
    You know the struggle because you did the same on your story threads right?
    Dang postimage...
    I sent them a message saying it was a pain in the tushy having to change the URL for all 2,000 + pictures of mine and I said, "I trust you all won't be making any URL or domain changes again???"
    They wrote back like: .CC domain will be permanent replacement.
    :neutral:
    Is it bad that I don't feel assured by that statement? They've been so flip floppy!

Anyway, for story updates now I am using Flickr because they are much more reliable. If I post anything random on the threads I use postimage.
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Aww, that was so touching! Renauld accepted @CravenLestat 's baby as his own! :smiley: Rebecca is an adorable toddler.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    Aww, that was so touching! Renauld accepted @CravenLestat 's baby as his own! :smiley: Rebecca is an adorable toddler.

@PalmArrow Nice to see you pop in. <3

Yeah, that's a pretty darn good man Catarina has there...
    He had every reason in the world to walk away from the family, especially since Sebastian and Francisca aren't his kids either - per EA - but... I think a big part of him wants to stay because Catarina is now carrying HIS baby.
    And...Rebecca looks at him as her daddy...she doesn't know any different. And he knows her real dad won't be there for her so...
  • Options
    Oh gosh! Just read the chapter and oh my! That was the most touching chapter I've read in a long time. I'm glad Cat decided to tell Renauld the truth. For a moment, I really thought it was going to be the end of their relationship. Now I'm feeling pretty hopeful. :)
  • Options
    @simscognito Good nelly I've taken forever to respond to your lovely reply. Thank you. <3
    It will take Renauld some time to heal and it will be rough for him and Catarina for a while. I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter. :)

A little in-between chapter treat for you all. :blush:
    (I forgot to post it here before my blog and I'm too lazy to do it :lol: so I'll just direct you to my blog to see it. Trust me, you don't want to miss it! ;)<3 )

Sam and Emma Montage

https://emilyssims3stories.wordpress.com/2018/04/30/sam-and-emma-montage/

<3
  • Options
    Boom, boom boom, boom boom boom boom! Love it. :)
  • Options
    The Joys and The Sorrows

It was another typical evening in the life of Sam Beckett and Emma Simself now. It started out by meeting at one of their homes, they liked to take turns for fun, and tonight they were at Sam's. They then would chat about their day, cuddle on the couch, watch some TV or a movie, and soon it would be forgotten as they became lost in each other's lips.

26990931517_7c146d6f14_z.jpg

Sam could praise the Lord over the fact that Al never once showed up and interrupted one of their passionate make-out sessions.

"Wow," Emma whispered, taking a breath.
    "I know," Sam whispered back, leaning in to kiss again.

40052223970_32a5b773ab_z.jpg

"No," she chuckled, "I mean 'Wow' over the way that lady was playing the piano on the TV. I mean, no one can play like that! It was impossibly fast!"
    Sam removed his arm from around her. "Oh really?" he asked with a knowing smile upon on his face.
    "Yes! That had to have been computer generated or something."
    Scooting over to stand himself up, Sam said with a smug, "We'll see about that."
    Emma couldn't help staring at him with a questionable gaze as he approached the piano. She soon followed after him.

"So you're saying no one can play like this?" Sam asked as his fingers hit the keys and began continuously pressing more, rapidly moving from one side of the piano to the other, penetrating the air with out all sorts of musical notes creating a song.

26990930037_86a7448984_z.jpg

Emma gaped. "Wha...! How are you doing that!?"
    He snickered in pride.
    "That's the exact same tune the lady was playing on the TV. How!?"
    Sam tapped a finger to his temple. "Photographic memory my dear," as he continued playing the rapid tune, over exaggerating how much he was getting into it.
    Emma shook her head at his genius. "Show off," she muttered with an eye roll and a grin.

26990930727_efd3ff170a_z.jpg

She couldn't deny how incredibly sexy it was witnessing that!

After bringing up that they hadn't done piano lessons in quite a while, Sam invited Emma to sit beside him and play a couple of the short songs she memorized.

"Oh Sam," she slightly whined while sitting down. "I've been a horrible student! I haven't been practicing at all."
    "And I wonder why that is?" he teased, "has something else been occupying your time?"
    "Yes!" she willingly admitted with a bright grin, as Sam nudged her shoulder playfully.
    "But seriously, play one of those songs for me and let's see how much you remember."
    "Ok..."
    As she began, he studied her finger movements carefully; thinking about how much he loved every feature about her, even her fingers.

40960444625_792f20ef21_z.jpg

For having not practiced in a while, Sam was quite impressed with how well Emma remembered and played. A natural talent she is, he admired. "Very good," he said, reaching over toward his music book and flipping a few pages. "Now...play this one with me. I'll do the top hand while you do the bottom, alright?"
    "Ok," Emma giggled. "This ought to be fun. However forgive me if my fails mess you up."
    "They won't," he assured. "And you got this. Ready?"
    She nodded.
    "One, two, three..."

41859203181_3be851dab8_z.jpg

Emma tried not to get distracted by the gentle touch of Sam's arm occasionally bumping against hers. Each time it would send a pleasurable jolt of heat throughout her body, causing her heart to flutter wildly and her cheeks to flush. She still couldn't believe this sweet, amazing man from another world, was her boyfriend. She prayed it was all indeed real and not just a dream. For she never felt so lucky in love in all her life.

Despite her pressing the wrong keys from time to time, the two played the song beautifully together.

40960444385_cdebb642b4_z.jpg

When it ended, Sam breathed, "Wow. That was lovely. You really did well!"
    Regardless, Emma frowned. "Not well enough," she sighed. "I didn't think learning to play the piano would be so difficult. Everyone I knew who self taught themselves made it look so easy! There's SO much to focus on, so much multitasking, and," she paused to return his gaze, "it can really be tricky putting it all together into one sound."
    Sam smiled and went to lift her chin in console. "That is why practice is so important my dear."

40960443625_b172d2c4dc_z.jpg

Emma closed her eyes anticipating his touch, but he hadn't just yet. "Yes...I will remember that." The heat starting pulsing throughout her body again.

41859202911_b133053e6c_z.jpg

Sam gradually leaned in closer, pressing his nose against hers. "I've never played with a more attractive woman," he whispered, caressing her chin now.
    "Yeah right. You flatter me..."
    "No. I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true."
    "Mmm." Her heart pounded now, so wanting to give in to her deepest desires.
    Sam's lips had barely touched hers as he whispered more, "I'd always dreamed of playing piano alongside my--"
    "Sam," Emma didn't mean to interrupt, "you're so sweet, but just shut up and kiss me ok?" How his lips tempted her so.

40960442855_042c8cf933_z.jpg

Grinning, he declared, "With pleasure," and wrapped his arm around her neck while using the other to pull her in for a deep, yet gentle, kiss.

40960442395_e1ae431f58_z.jpg

As the night wore into the late hours, the two lovebirds got into their pajamas, in separate rooms of course, and met back together on Sam's bed to chat. Emma couldn't help thinking, while changing, that they were practically living together, which her mom would throw a FIT about if she knew she was spending the night at a man's house she wasn't married to - regardless if he's her boyfriend! She knew it probably wasn't the best idea, especially after she and Sam almost got carried away a few nights ago, but...it was just so gosh darn hard to say goodbye! And the fact that he could leap at any moment...she wanted to spend every second with him that she could!

They talked on the bed about all sorts of different things like where they grew up, their religious beliefs, their school days, how they developed a love for music, and what they hoped to accomplish in the future - especially together. There was even some inquiry from Emma about Earth and his past leaps. It never ceased to amaze her of all that he'd experienced and accomplished while time travelling. And it seemed that he was just the man to be called to do it, having been blessed with so many skills.

26990932307_507828cfe1_z.jpg

"Do you ever...regret landing here?" Emma nervously asked, longing for reassurance. "I mean, you must miss Earth and your family terribly!"
    Sam thought for a moment before replying. "I do. I really do," he admitted, then turned to meet her gaze. "But do I regret landing here and staying," he paused with a smile, "not one bit."
    Emma grinned happily.
    "God led me here to you Emma," he continued, "and I will be forever grateful that whenever I'm called away I can come right back here to you." He beckoned for her to come closer to him and she liked that idea.

26990932057_04cd86f3a6_z.jpg

"To finally have a future!" He whispered, while kissing the top of her head.
    Emma cuddled him tighter. "I can't imagine my future without you Sam. I love you."
    "I love you too."

26990931727_a84a9fa368_z.jpg

After a few long moments of just cuddling, Emma asked, "So...speaking of leaping, it's going to happen again soon huh?" Her heart ached just thinking about it.
    "Well, I can't help thinking that the Bracelet might allow for a bit of a 'cool down' between leaps," Sam responded, "with its time travelling disruption properties and all. I won't bore you with all the scientific details," he sighed, "but hopefully I can be here for a good week or two before leaping again. I just really can't be sure."
    Emma could accept that, no matter how difficult it was to. "Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could stay a whole month," she declared, "Or heck, even three! Or better yet, a YEAR before you leap again!"
    Sam chuckled while holding her tightly. He couldn't agree more and only hoped he'd be that fortunate.

"So...has Al ever appeared when we've been, you know, making out?"
    "No and I pray he never does!"
    They both laughed.

The next morning, Sam surprised Emma by serenading her with his guitar.

41859202631_9f8218d0fc_z.jpg

To which she thought was incredibly romantic. No man had ever serenaded her with a guitar before. "Wow Sam! I didn't realize you played the guitar so well too!"

"...for I, can't, help, falling in love, with you."

27990495098_d562e11dd8_z.jpg

"Aww, that is such a sweet song!" She swooned.
    "It's from Earth," Sam mused. "Originally sung by Elvis Presley. The more commonly known King of Rock and Roll there. In fact I even leaped into him."
    "No way!"
    "Way."
    Emma just shook her head in awe.
    He then proceeded to play and sing "Blue Moon of Kentucky" for her.

41859202351_3543f08513_z.jpg
    As he finished the song, he placed the guitar against the wall, stretched, and said, "Well I don't know about you, but I'm starving!"
    "Me too actually."
    "How about I cook us some breakfast?"
    "Sounds great! I'll just go feed Al and Ziggy for you while you do and then get dressed."
    "Thanks sweetheart."

Emma tried to hum the tune to the song Sam serenaded her with as she approached Ziggy's cage. Just as she was about to greet the beautiful bird, she froze. Ziggy wasn't on his perch. She looked around instinctively, but then wondered how could he get out when the cage door was closed. It was then that she looked down.

She gasped as she held her hand to her mouth. Ziggy's body lay lifeless at the bottom of the cage.

40960446535_af1140e0c6_z.jpg

"Oh no!" she whispered sadly, trying not to get emotional. She always loved birds and had grown to love Ziggy. "Sam!" she called out. "Come here."

When Sam entered the room he could immediately feel an air of sorrow. He stared at Emma in concern. "What's wrong?"
    "Ziggy," she answered, pointing toward the bird's body.
    Sam's eyes caught hold of his beloved pet as he stepped closer to the cage. His heart immediately sank. "No," he cried in a whisper, "How could he be dead? He was just fine yesterday!" His voice choked. "I mean, I thought for sure he would outlive me!"

27990499458_669b54c8db_z.jpg

Emma went over and put a comforting arm around her love. "I'm so sorry Sam. He was a beautiful bird and a lovely pet. I have no doubt he was happier here with you than he ever was in the wild."

Sam couldn't believe how emotional he was getting over the loss of Ziggy. Yes, he was sad, but feeling like crying? Perhaps it was because of the intimate nature of his name, or maybe because it'd been so long since he cared for a pet, or both. "It's just," he started to Emma, "I just taught him how to say the coolest things...and the way he would say 'Hello' when I'd walk in the door. And now," he stopped, lowering his head.
    "I know," she soothed. Then after a few moments of silence, "How about I finish cooking breakfast?"
    He nodded.

Once Emma retreated to the kitchen, and finding himself completely alone with his wonderful, now lifeless bird, Sam couldn't hold back the tears any longer.

41859204101_e9763fc4fa_z.jpg

Very little was said at breakfast. Sam hoped some alone time in the shower would help soothe his grief and talk himself through it. While he showered, Emma got herself dressed for work. She recently put in a request to have her evening working hours changed to the morning, mostly so she could spend the evenings with Sam. How overjoyed she was when they granted her request. Sam too.

"Sam!" she called out, placing her purse on the kitchen counter to dig for her tic tacs, "I've gotta go pretty soon here."

Meanwhile in the bathroom, Sam quickly wrapped the towel around his lower half and went out to tell her goodbye.

When he entered the kitchen, Emma stopped and stared at the lovely site before her. A shirtless, attractive man, HER man even, was one of her biggest weaknesses. "Saaaam," she admired romantically. "I didn't realize you were still in the buff. I thought you'd gone into your room to get dressed."
    Sam didn't say anything in response, but simply walked over, took her in his arms, and planted a gentle kiss upon her lips. Emma ran her hands down his back as he did, caressing his soft skin and then moved on to his chest, running her fingers through the hairs.

Once the kiss ended Sam looked upon her longingly and said, "I wish you didn't have to go."
    "I wish I didn't have to either," she breathed.
    For a moment he just stared at her with a smile and stroked her cheek. "You have a good day now beautiful."

40960445355_40c107f595_z.jpg

"Oh Sam," Emma whispered, lowering her head to kiss his chest now. "You're so good to me. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve it."
    Sam lifted her chin in concern. "Why do you feel that way?"
    "I don't know," she sighed, wishing she hadn't said it. "Perhaps it's because I've always felt so self conscious of myself. I was always the overweight girl among my circle friends and I've never had the easiest time losing weight. So, I just never considered myself particularly beautiful."
    Sam frowned.
    "I never thought in a million years I'd get a man as kind hearted and handsome as you. The great Doctor Sam Beckett even! Girls who look like me just don't get guys who look like you."

"Stop," Sam gently ordered. It pained him to hear her say such things. "Girl's who look like you? First of all, looks aren't everything."
    Emma nodded. She knew that.
    "Second...a woman can be skinny and stunningly beautiful to the world, but if she has a rotten personality, then she goes from a ten to a zero in my book."
    She smiled.
    "Third," he said, kissing her again. "You're gorgeous Emma, and I never want you thinking otherwise. Who you are as a person is what makes you gorgeous and you are just as deserving to find the perfect man as the next woman. Not saying I'm perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but...you know what I'm saying. You really shouldn't be so hard on yourself. My heart aches to hear you say such things about yourself."
    "I'm sorry," she said, "I've just been...worrying...like I always do."
    "Well don't," Sam whispered as he rubbed noses with her. "You kick those negative thoughts out of your mind because you're wonderful...and you're mine."
    "Oh Sam," Emma said, feeling like crying. "Thank you. I really needed that, and I'll remember. I love you so much," she concluded while kissing his chest.
    "I love you so much too," he echoed, kissing the top of her head.

For a moment all Emma could focus on was the sweet sincerity of his words and his luscious pecks, pressing her body more firmly against his, wanting SO bad to give in to her deepest desires. "Ohhhh Sam I...should really stop..."
    Sam didn't want her to but, "Yeah..."
    She then looked into his eyes and said, "You know, I've been thinking. Maybe me staying here overnight isn't such a good idea anymore. There's just...too much temptation," she sighed. "Especially you walking out of the bathroom half nak'ed like that." She smirked.
    Sam flashed a smile, but nodded with a frown.
    "I mean, of course we'll spend every minute we can together, but...I'll need to head home to sleep. Or you come back home if you're at my place. I just think that for now that would be best." Until maybe...someday...
    "Yeah," he whispered. "I understand and agree. It's ok."
    "Ok."

40960445045_7f674b3989_z.jpg

"I'll see you after work alright?"
    "Of course."
    "Have a great day."
    "You too."
    And they kissed goodbye.

Later that afternoon, while tending his garden, Sam got a phone call from Catarina Vanderburg. Oh boy...he thought before answering. It was always a mystery with her.

"Catarina," he greeted upon answering, "I hope you're doing well."

26990932807_95a08453f0_z.jpg

"No I am NOT doing well," the Queen bluntly answered.
    "Oh?"
    There was a pause. "I just want to say 'Thank you' for that lovely advice you gave to me," she said in an obviously sarcastic tone. "Thanks to putting my trust in your suggestion, I now have a husband who refuses to speak with me, literally, and now the rest of my family isn't speaking to me either!"
    Figuring it out quickly he said, "You told Renauld the truth."
    "Yes!"
    Sam couldn't help cracking a smile in awe. This was so typical of her. "Well, I apologize Catarina," he said sarcastically in return, "but...we both know I'm not the one at fault here."

41142176004_4f55f463ef_z.jpg

"Oh G** I know!" Catarina immediately answered in distress. "Forgive me Sam. I'm just so ashamed of myself," she sniffed, "and I've been feeling horribly moody lately and that's not helping!"
    "Just take a few deep breaths," he soothed, "and remember that it's all going to work out."
    "How do you KNOW!? Do you really know that Sam?"
    "Well," he stopped to think, "Renauld hasn't up and left you when he clearly had every reason to right?"

41859202061_5109a98408_z.jpg

There was silence.
    "So that's a good thing."
    The silence continued.
    "The man is upset Catarina...and he is grieving. And rightly so!"
    "But he won't speak to me..."
    "I know. And I understand this is hard on you too, but give him time. He's just trying to process everything. How has he been acting around Rebecca?"
    "Normally actually. Like nothing's changed. I'm quite surprised."
    Sam smiled. "That's good. That's really good." Then he paused. "You know, you sure have a great man for a husband Catarina."
    There was a defeated sigh. "I know..."
    "And if you just give him some time to work everything out, respect the fact that he doesn't want to talk right now, he and the others in your family will come around. Their silence won't last forever. It's going to be ok."

Catarina truly appreciated his assurance and wanted to believe it, but her fears always got the better of her. "I'm just...feeling so sick Sam," she said, "I need your services."
    "It's just your nerves and it's very normal in this situation," Sam said, thinking she was overreacting. "Just make sure you're getting plenty of rest and finding ways to relax and decompress. Go out on a walk or treat yourself at the Spa, anything to--"
    "No Sam you don't understand," she interrupted and there was clearly some nervousness in her tone.
    "What?"
    "I," she choked, "I'm pregnant again."
    Sam froze.

26990933547_3149327c90_z.jpg

"And of course it's Renauld's baby, but with all the complications I had before...I'm just so frightened. I can't hold anything down and along with everything that's going on there are times that I feel like I just...can't breathe!"
    "Alright," Sam soothed, "I'll be over there in a few minutes alright?"
    "Thank you," she whispered, trying not to reveal through her voice that she was crying.

Oh boy...Sam thought as he hung up. He was going to have to get in touch with the Hospital immediately after examining Catarina so they could start making preparations. He got lucky delivering the baby at her home last time, but this time around, she would need to be in the Hospital - where there's extra and more experienced help - and he'd get her the finest room and services possible if it meant getting her to actually GO and STAY there when it was time to deliver!

After looking over and consoling Catarina, Sam headed down the grand stairs of the mansion to find Sebastian standing at the foot of them.

"Is she alright?" he asked Sam, feeling remorse.
    "She's stable," Sam answered, "it's mostly emotional instead of physical."
    Sebastian nodded.
    Sam then proceeded to have a brief, yet firm, talk with the Prince in Catarina's favor. She was going to need some help and less stress in her life, especially with a baby on the way. Or the child, and possibly mom, wouldn't make it and that's the last thing the family needed right now. He entreated Sebastian to keep in mind that it was one thing for Renauld to not be speaking to his mother, but that didn't mean the whole entire family needed to do the same.

28047446508_1543b0369c_z.jpg

On the drive home, Emma called to tell Sam she was off and he told her he would be by her house very soon.

Love Day was coming up in two days and Sam planned to make it particularly special for Emma. He was so excited, for it'd been a long time since he last spent Valentines Day with his love. Even though he had very little doubts, he didn't want to rush right into marriage with her. He wanted to ease into it and trusted that when the time was right to propose, he would know it, and act upon it swiftly.

:blush:
  • Options
    "It's from Earth," - Lol! I love Can't Help Falling In Love too! <3
    This was a sweet chapter. I loved the bit where the two were playing piano. I bet it did sound beautiful.
    Also, I'm totes with Sam there, Emma is a lovely looking sim and she so suits him too. The two really look believable as a couple.
    Caterina! She's great. :D I believe Sam there too. Everything's going to be fine.
    And can't wait for Love Day!! Hopefully he won't leap within the next two days...
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @simscognito I love your sweet comments SO much! <3 Thank you! {{{{Hugs}}}}

I hope he doesn't leap in the next 2 days too! :worried: Because that would be insanely annoying, not just for Sam and Emma, but for the readers as well!

;)
  • Options
    Aww your welcome @emorrill I'm a huge fan of this!
    Lol! It would be annoying, but you know, but if he has to leap, he has to leap. XD
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    :# Leap!! Not before Love Day....dag....sigh....crosses fingers.....toes too. :*
  • Options
    Such a sweet episode. And Catarina's preggo?! Wonderful. Good job.
  • Options
    @ZeeGee Yup. :) She mentioned it to Renauld after their big argument. It's really the main reason he's sticking around, but another reason is wanting to be that father to Rebecca that she needs. <3

@bekkasan Toes too huh? Lol! :lol: Your reactions are so cute. :blush:
    Do you not trust that me that I won't make that happen? ;)
  • Options
    @ZeeGee Yup. :) She mentioned it to Renauld after their big argument. It's really the main reason he's sticking around, but another reason is wanting to be that father to Rebecca that she needs. <3

Ugh, I'm so sorry. With everything going on with my mom my brain has huge holes. I should have remembered that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top