Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kat Silver "Multi-Simmer" Random Legacy

Comments

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @Simasaurus09 I was really happy when she got that Martial Arts opportunity cause it gave me a reason to put a dojo in town and she can "get back to her roots" so to speak. :)
    OMG that second screenshot is hilarious! :D:D Ah, look at Stiles supporting his woman! How sweet! I like the play on cat with Purry. :)
    Awww... cute picture! I think they are adorable together! And her outfit is really cute. (I think my Kat is wearing those same boots. LOL). Your writing skills are fine! Mine are extremely rusty. I haven't creatively wrote in probably 8 or 9 years so mine is very stiff still. :(
    And I'm loving that last pic, the one as your avi now. Awesome pic!

@Mikezumi Thanks! :) Yep, we were trying for multiples! ;) She has burnt breakfast every single time she cooks it and she's a level 5 cook now! Since she burns cooking in Simasaurus' game, too, I think she has a secret "trait" for a terrible cook! :D:D

************************************************************************************************************************

UPDATE:
    Tomorrow we start back to home schooling. Winter break is over. Things have slowed down the last couple days because of preparing for school. I'm gonna try to get my last chapter out tonight, then I'll be caught up. And I will have a question for all of you. Chapters will be slower coming out once we're back to schooling. It'll be an irregular schedule, cause I'll just update when I can. Sometimes we only have a good amount of free time on the weekends, and sometimes my daughter will kick tush on her school work during the week and I'll have a bit of free time during the day.

p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I loved that sculpting picture of Stiles, it made me laugh too :D You guys are doing an awesome job, it's a lot of fun following along, and seeing two different parallel stories of the same sim.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    I didn't get Part 6 uploaded last night. I got most of it wrote then chaos ensued from kids not being ready to start back to school and having to go to bed early when they were used to not going to bed until 2 and 3 am. Oy vay!

But I did finish it this morning.

Since I've been getting the "5 characters too short" when I try to post the link to the Part and the pictures in one post, I'm gonna *try* to post the chapter link here and a couple teaser photos under in the next post.

Part 6: More Than They Bargained For

Link to a poll I want you guys opinion on.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    The girls head to the hospital...

Screenshot_6.jpg

Madison has a night out with Dustin...

Screenshot_52.jpg
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    Nice part! And twins, yey!

In my opinion, Kat should have the last baby. If Madison happens having one, it's completely okay, but her children can't be heir of course and having more choice for a heir is always better in my opinion (the more children there are, the more cance there is the combination of fitting the generation 2 rolls and being hot exists)
  • Options
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    Nice part! And twins, yey!

In my opinion, Kat should have the last baby. If Madison happens having one, it's completely okay, but her children can't be heir of course and having more choice for a heir is always better in my opinion (the more children there are, the more cance there is the combination of fitting the generation 2 rolls and being hot exists)

Thanks! I'm really on the fence about who should have the last baby, that's why I've got everything on hold right now in my game. I've been waiting to see what all ya'll think. I do agree, that's less options for heirs if Madison has the last baby, but I feel Madison would make a great mom and it would be fun to see her kid and Kat's kids grow up really close.

I will say, if we decide on Madison, it won't be with Dustin. I downloaded a few good sims the other day and I'd put them in my town and have her meet one of them. Dustin is just a distraction, so to speak, for Madison. Almost a rebound guy without the previous relationship to rebound from.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @ChelleJo hmm...Yes, what you say there could be true. But only having to choose between 2 babies that were made with a puddingface, it's quite risky (until you promise to fix that for the next generation, letting them marry the hottest sim in town)
  • Options
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    @ChelleJo hmm...Yes, what you say there could be true. But only having to choose between 2 babies that were made with a puddingface, it's quite risky (until you promise to fix that for the next generation, letting them marry the hottest sim in town)

:D:D I am on a quest to only have the hottest of the hottest in my towns (that my sim will reproduce with!) I've still got that extensive list to go thru that you gave me and have high hopes for hotties in my towns and future generations! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
  • Options
    For me... yeah, it was. I'm very glad you sent it to me. I won't have much playing time today getting my daughter back on the "learning" schedule, but I do plan to start going thru that list today since I'll have a few minutes here and there to do it. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Just so everyone will have quick access to @Simasaurus09 updates, too, I am adding quick links to her updates on the second comment of this thread. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited January 2017
    I really have enjoyed reading this multi legacy Chellejo and Simasaurus09 :) I would love to join in if it's alright but I don't blog and would have share Kat's story here. I have been playing with Kat for a little awhile and have had so much fun. Would either of you mind if I join in on your fun? I did run the randomize on Kat and this is what I rolled for Gen # 1
    Untitled2_zps3jgbqlqi.png
    Untitled_zpslxhdanro.png
    Made sure to follow all the rules for this. but if you two just want it to be just you two I understand :)
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    SimplyTori wrote: »
    I really have enjoyed reading this multi legacy Chellejo and Simasaurus09 :) I would love to join in if it's alright but I don't blog and would have share Kat's story here. I have been playing with Kat for a little awhile and have had so much fun. Would either of you mind if I join in on your fun? I did run the randomize on Kat and this is what I rolled for Gen # 1

Made sure to follow all the rules for this. but if you two just want it to be just you two I understand :)

Hello @SimplyTori! Heck, yeah! I don't mind at all you wanting to join! That's fine that you don't have a blog, Simasaurus is sharing here on the forums, too. The only reason I chose to share on a blog is because some of my updates had 30 or so pictures, so I figured it would be better on a blog and just link here. I can link your legacy updates here to the first page, like I am doing my blog updates and Simasaurus' post updates!

Welcome to the Legacy! :) I look forward to your first update on Kat!
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Very strange, maybe you should contact a moderator?

The link

Madison is a good friend! And Kat isn't exactly brilliant at breakfast :pSo.... what's it gonna be, boy or girl.
    Yeah... well... :D Yaaay, twins!! *o*
    That's some babysitter they got there, but fortunately he's doing his job right (I have other experiences). Which teaches us, never judge a book by its cover. Great update.

As for the dilemma, I voted Kat. After all she is our main character ;) (that's my only reason)
    And great that you're going to join @SimplyTori !
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Very strange, maybe you should contact a moderator?

The link

Madison is a good friend! And Kat isn't exactly brilliant at breakfast :pSo.... what's it gonna be, boy or girl.
    Yeah... well... :D Yaaay, twins!! *o*
    That's some babysitter they got there, but fortunately he's doing his job right (I have other experiences). Which teaches us, never judge a book by its cover. Great update.

As for the dilemma, I voted Kat. After all she is our main character ;) (that's my only reason)
    And great that you're going to join @SimplyTori !

Thanks! <3

I will watch the kids tv and listen to radio to try to raise my odds of having multiples (when I want them. Not always. Yikes!) but I rarely try to influence boy or girl. Mostly cause anytime I do have them eat apples or watermelons, it never works. I don't know if it's a mod stopping it, but I just gave up.

I do usually take a sneak peek to see if my sim is going to have a girl or boy and the multiple percent. :)

Kat does seem to be the popular vote and I'm completely okay with that. I'll leave it up until I get a chance to play again, but regardless of who is decided to be the next to have another baby, I'll be putting some more good looking hotties in town. The problem will be me choosing between all the good ones I downloaded. Ah, tough decisions... which hottie to procreate with. :D
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Yes, I believe there is a mod that hinders the apple/melon method. SP I think? It's got something to do with the amount of males and females in a world.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    I do have SP in, and now that you said that, I think I recall hearing about that. Something about if a setting is set to balanced the apples/watermelon trick won't work. I might need to go adjust that just so that setting isn't determining what my sim babies are. I'd like it to be totally random.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Great update and congrats on the twins :) The girls' lives will be chaotic for a while and I can understand Madison's worries.

I voted Kat since she's the main character but I hope the next baby daddy will not be pudding.
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Thank you! <3 And I'll be adding another baby soon as I go back in game. I'm glad most everyone is rooting for Kat. It does make the most sense. Looks like Madison will have to be happy, for the time being, with being an awesome "aunt"!

No, no more pudding face baby daddy's for Kat. I got some good sims the other day and am looking forward to adding them in game. ;)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Thanks ChelleJo :) I do have a few questions for you, What are the rules? or do we just follow what we randomize? Like for example say I picked at $600.00 flower or have a gnome in my backpack can I sell those? I have followed the going green to a tee down to the biking everywhere!! But I didn't know if there were other rules. Anyway I will be posting Kat's life story very soon as I started this when you first posted this challenge and have many pictures already (too many lol) Btw I voted for Kat to, I think the more children in Kat's heir pool the better.

@JoAnne65 Thank you for the welcome :) Can't wait to start posting o:)
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    @SimplyTori I don't play the challenge, (did for a while though) but in my opinion, you must be able to sell those.
    1) What else can you do with those gnomes?
    2) People in real earn money too next to the money they get from their official work.

I kinda like that challenge, but that's one particular rule I simply don't like. The same with not being allowed to level up any skills (except tomb-skills like athletic) when travelling. It's just not realistic and too restricting. There has to be some kind of freedom.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Sorry guys, every time I sit down to write comments on here something comes up. Haven't even been able to play sims because my husband just got Overwatch so I've been playing with him.
    Let the pictures tell the story, they're gorgeous. Did you tweak Stiles? He seems to look better than in my game. Or is it the cc?
    Lol, the screenshot that made you laugh made me laugh as well :p
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    @Simasaurus09 I was really happy when she got that Martial Arts opportunity cause it gave me a reason to put a dojo in town and she can "get back to her roots" so to speak. :)
    OMG that second screenshot is hilarious! :D:D Ah, look at Stiles supporting his woman! How sweet! I like the play on cat with Purry. :)
    Awww... cute picture! I think they are adorable together! And her outfit is really cute. (I think my Kat is wearing those same boots. LOL). Your writing skills are fine! Mine are extremely rusty. I haven't creatively wrote in probably 8 or 9 years so mine is very stiff still. :(
    And I'm loving that last pic, the one as your avi now. Awesome pic!
    Thanks and I totally stole the stage name from the katy perry showtime promotion. :D You put effort into writing and I don't.

The pregnant lady always drives to the hospital. They will both be amazing moms to those kiddos. It's nice to see Kat getting better at making breakfast. The kids will appreciate it. Their money situation is looking up if they can buy businesses now. My sims are jealous! Interested to see how things work out with Madison no matter what happens.

@SimplyTori We would love to have you join of course. I like the results that you rolled for the first generation. It looks fun and I've used Kat over the years for many different things.. She was once a fairy with a big garden she lived off of.

Here are the official random legacy rules: http://randomlegacychallenge.blogspot.com/
    You must use the testingcheatsenabled cheat to delete anything you're not allowed to make money off of or the familyfunds cheat. More info on selling things from the rules:
    Your sim may ONLY make money with the activities outlined in their career roll. But there are some EXCEPTIONS. Exceptions are: (1) you may complete opportunities for money, provided those opportunities don't violate some other rule, (2) making money with the telescope is fine, since discovering stars, celestial bodies and meteors is a considered a random event, (3) so yes your sim may also sell meteors, if they're "lucky" enough to have one attempt to murder them, (4) you may invest in rabbithole businesses and other venues for income [including Island Paradise resorts as well as restaurants built with the Premium Content bistro set], (5) any teens in your household may have part-time jobs if you wish, (6) if your spouse has items in their inventory when you acquire them, you are free to sell those items, but this does not apply to sims who are only in your household temporarily [for example, if you've rolled single parent, and have the spouse around only long enough for a child to be born, you are not allowed to sell items from this sim's inventory... you may take books from their inventory for your library, though], (7) if you have the store content slot machines, you are free to use them, but try not to abuse [for money bags from Claw Machine, you can use shift+click to delete the money bag or unwanted toys], (8) a kleptomaniac may only sell items they've stolen if they are in one of the two criminal career branches, (9) your sim may receive donations from blogging [you may not ASK for donations or sell your blog, but if you get unsolicited donations, you may keep them], (10) at Uni, or if you've placed the Uni Science rabbithole in your main world, you may make donations of plasma/saliva/giggles once per week [one donation total, not one of each].

NOTE: Your sim may begin their career as soon as the game allows them to do so. If your heir has rolled artist, and you know which child will be heir, they may begin selling their paintings as soon as childhood.

NOTE about random gifts from weddings, celebrity status, attraction system, whatever: you may NOT sell these items for money. You may keep them in your house and use them, or delete them without receiving money for them.

NOTE about salvaging free furniture from dumpsters or the art school rabbithole: you may keep any furnishing you pick up, but you may never sell them (unless your sim rolled the Dumpster Diving career). If you don't want what you got, you may delete it without getting money for it.

5. If you roll a career that requires your sim to sell items they collect or create, they may only sell items they collect or create themselves. No using an artist sim to freely sell paintings their unemployed spouse created, for example. No using an Animal Wrangler to sell of their grandmother's parrot collection.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I'm thinking about throwing NRaas: Vector in my game to expand on illnesses. Anyone else here use this mod? I want the risk of sims dying because they can't afford to go to the hospital. I'm so mean to my poor sims... :p
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    :o Omg I cheated so bad :/ Sorry guess I should have asked way before I started this :| Kat already has her two sons, ones a baby and the other is a child :'( I had so much fun with her too, she even died on her sons birthday but grim took pity on her, I guess because of her unlucky trait. Oh well, Guess I'll just start from scratch thanks for linking me to the rules Simasaurus09. I was wondering since I have to start a new, can I reroll or should I just stay with what I have ?

@GITTE2001 I agree with you I see people selling gnomes at yard sales all the time (not for a $1000.00) of course but I've seen it. This is the first legacy I've ever really wanted to play and see through to the end. I've never done an official one before. Heck I really like the fact we are all using the same sim with the same traits (love it). So this is something I really want to see to the end. But I do agree with you.

@ChelleJo and @Simasaurus09 I will not start on Kat until I hear back from you guys rather or not I can randomize a new life since I'll be starting over :) Thanks again ladies.. One more question can we choose the traits we earn through a college degree or from social influences?
    justlurking.gif