Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kat Silver "Multi-Simmer" Random Legacy

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @SimplyTori I can be understanding either way even if you don't want to start over. You have the list of rules now at least. I'm not too sure on the trait question so maybe Chelle has an answer.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    @SimplyTori I can be understanding either way even if you don't want to start over. You have the list of rules now at least. I'm not too sure on the trait question so maybe Chelle has an answer.

I don't mind starting over at all :) But can I re-randomize the new Kat or do I have to stick with what I've already rolled? I've read all the rules and it says nothing about the extra traits we can earn? Please help :s
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited January 2017
    SimplyTori wrote: »
    Thanks ChelleJo :) I do have a few questions for you, What are the rules? or do we just follow what we randomize? Like for example say I picked at $600.00 flower or have a gnome in my backpack can I sell those? I have followed the going green to a tee down to the biking everywhere!! But I didn't know if there were other rules. Anyway I will be posting Kat's life story very soon as I started this when you first posted this challenge and have many pictures already (too many lol) Btw I voted for Kat to, I think the more children in Kat's heir pool the better.

@JoAnne65 Thank you for the welcome :) Can't wait to start posting o:)

@SimplyTori Did I forget to link the blog with the rules in my first post. I probably did. I apologize. I'll go edit it and make sure to add it. Here's a link to the rules. Feel free to PM with any questions or even if there's a bit you want to share that your not ready to share on this thread yet (I get excited when things happen and will PM Simasaurus because the story wasn't caught up and I just had to share! LOL)

I see Simasaurus guided you with the flowers. :)
    :o Omg I cheated so bad :/ Sorry guess I should have asked way before I started this :| Kat already has her two sons, ones a baby and the other is a child :'( I had so much fun with her too, she even died on her sons birthday but grim took pity on her, I guess because of her unlucky trait. Oh well, Guess I'll just start from scratch thanks for linking me to the rules Simasaurus09. I was wondering since I have to start a new, can I reroll or should I just stay with what I have ?

@GITTE2001 I agree with you I see people selling gnomes at yard sales all the time (not for a $1000.00) of course but I've seen it. This is the first legacy I've ever really wanted to play and see through to the end. I've never done an official one before. Heck I really like the fact we are all using the same sim with the same traits (love it). So this is something I really want to see to the end. But I do agree with you.

@ChelleJo and @Simasaurus09 I will not start on Kat until I hear back from you guys rather or not I can randomize a new life since I'll be starting over :) Thanks again ladies.. One more question can we choose the traits we earn through a college degree or from social influences?

Aw. Don't worry. I should have added the link to the rules in the first post. That's my fault. :(

If you really like the roll you have and want to stick with it, I don't see why you couldn't. But if you want to roll a new roll, I say that would be a free pass. But, this is just an idea, it would be up to you if you wanted to try and and if @Simasaurus09 would be cool with it... could you just subtract the funds you got from flowers and other things not career related? I mean, not adding it up and expecting it to be exact and I'm sure things where bought with it, but just say you have 20,000 in household funds and they are level 8 or 9 in their careers, so a fair estimate would be half that they legit earned. And just call it a wash on things bought already. Just my thoughts on it. I know I'd be devastated to have to start over.

**Just a free tip. Searching the galaxy is a free money maker. You won't make a lot, but the girls were saved with that more than once. :)

The extra traits, I'd say, are free for all. Whatever you see fit.

@Simasaurus09 The money situation is looking a little brighter (and I even added those mods to my game) but they are level 8 ish (Maybe Kat is 7, not 100 on that. I believe Madison is 8) and I got them the opportunistic reward and we have been getting some good opportunities. I'm completing every one they get except travel ones. And Kat getting that "Christmas" bonus helped a lot. It was only 4,300 but it helped her buy the grocery store.

I'm thinking about throwing NRaas: Vector in my game to expand on illnesses. Anyone else here use this mod? I want the risk of sims dying because they can't afford to go to the hospital. I'm so mean to my poor sims... :p

That sounds like an interesting mod! I might look into it, too. So your sims can get sick and die if you don't take them to the hospital? Why have I never heard of this mod!
    Post edited by ChelleJo on
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @SimplyTori I'm on the same boat. I don't mind if you keep the rolls or re-roll.
    @ChelleJo I just glanced at the mod info but I'm pretty sure some of the modules included death if nothing is done.
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Thanks ChelleJo :) I do have a few questions for you, What are the rules? or do we just follow what we randomize? Like for example say I picked at $600.00 flower or have a gnome in my backpack can I sell those? I have followed the going green to a tee down to the biking everywhere!! But I didn't know if there were other rules. Anyway I will be posting Kat's life story very soon as I started this when you first posted this challenge and have many pictures already (too many lol) Btw I voted for Kat to, I think the more children in Kat's heir pool the better.

@JoAnne65 Thank you for the welcome :) Can't wait to start posting o:)

@SimplyTori Did I forget to link the blog with the rules in my first post. I probably did. I apologize. I'll go edit it and make sure to add it. Here's a link to the rules. Feel free to PM with any questions or even if there's a bit you want to share that your not ready to share on this thread yet (I get excited when things happen and will PM Simasaurus because the story wasn't caught up and I just had to share! LOL)

I see Simasaurus guided you with the flowers. :)
    :o Omg I cheated so bad :/ Sorry guess I should have asked way before I started this :| Kat already has her two sons, ones a baby and the other is a child :'( I had so much fun with her too, she even died on her sons birthday but grim took pity on her, I guess because of her unlucky trait. Oh well, Guess I'll just start from scratch thanks for linking me to the rules Simasaurus09. I was wondering since I have to start a new, can I reroll or should I just stay with what I have ?

@GITTE2001 I agree with you I see people selling gnomes at yard sales all the time (not for a $1000.00) of course but I've seen it. This is the first legacy I've ever really wanted to play and see through to the end. I've never done an official one before. Heck I really like the fact we are all using the same sim with the same traits (love it). So this is something I really want to see to the end. But I do agree with you.

@ChelleJo and @Simasaurus09 I will not start on Kat until I hear back from you guys rather or not I can randomize a new life since I'll be starting over :) Thanks again ladies.. One more question can we choose the traits we earn through a college degree or from social influences?

Aw. Don't worry. I should have added the link to the rules in the first post. That's my fault. :(

If you really like the roll you have and want to stick with it, I don't see why you couldn't. But if you want to roll a new roll, I say that would be a free pass. But, this is just an idea, it would be up to you if you wanted to try and and if @Simasaurus09 would be cool with it... could you just subtract the funds you got from flowers and other things not career related? I mean, not adding it up and expecting it to be exact and I'm sure things where bought with it, but just say you have 20,000 in household funds and they are level 8 or 9 in their careers, so a fair estimate would be half that they legit earned. And just call it a wash on things bought already. Just my thoughts on it. I know I'd be devastated to have to start over.

**Just a free tip. Searching the galaxy is a free money maker. You won't make a lot, but the girls were saved with that more than once. :)

The extra traits, I'd say, are free for all. Whatever you see fit.

@Simasaurus09 The money situation is looking a little brighter (and I even added those mods to my game) but they are level 8 ish (Maybe Kat is 7, not 100 on that. I believe Madison is 8) and I got them the opportunistic reward and we have been getting some good opportunities. I'm completing every one they get except travel ones. And Kat getting that "Christmas" bonus helped a lot. It was only 4,300 but it helped her buy the grocery store.

I'm thinking about throwing NRaas: Vector in my game to expand on illnesses. Anyone else here use this mod? I want the risk of sims dying because they can't afford to go to the hospital. I'm so mean to my poor sims... :p

That sounds like an interesting mod! I might look into it, too. So your sims can get sick and die if you don't take them to the hospital? Why have I never heard of this mod!

Thanks for replying so fast I think if it's okay with the both of you I'd just rather start over, because it wasn't just a little money it was a lot :( Couple of Applying for extra funds while in college, some flowers and I bought stuff I should not have had!!! @ChelleJo it wasn't your fault you posted the link but I just skimmed the read So Sorry. I'd like to start a fresh new Kat with a new life now that I know all the rules if it's okay?
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    It's ok with me. :)
  • Options
    It's okay with me! :) I look forward to your post about the new Kat (could you post a picture of your first Kat. I'm curious how she turned out in your game. I'm loving her different looks.) :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Shoot... was gonna add, then I got post happy.

@Simasaurus09 I just looked that mod over and I'm really thinking of adding it to my game. My main concern when adding mods is how it will effect my Ultimate Sim Challenge. But since she has 13 death flowers, and keeps two on hand at all times, I think it would be a bit of fun to have it in my game. I am just reading up on all of it still and I think I'm gonna leave the zombie module out (just cause I dislike the game zombies so much, I can't imagine having more zombie types running around).
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    It's okay with me! :) I look forward to your post about the new Kat (could you post a picture of your first Kat. I'm curious how she turned out in your game. I'm loving her different looks.) :)

Not a problem this is Kat Silver life in short :)

Arriving at her new home
    Screenshot-74_zps3vic51nh.jpg
    Meeting a new friend while getting her first job.
    Screenshot-77_zpsml20pt1o.jpg
    Her first pet Goldie(found her on the way home)
    Screenshot-91_zpst4l2lclk.jpg
    Her first breakfast Lmao
    Screenshot-80_zpsszdhgjbz.jpg
    Her first meeting with her soon to be her childrens father Chris Steel (it was a halloween party)
    Screenshot-99_zpszcbpxvji.jpg
    Off to college and passed with flying colors!!
    Screenshot-115_zpsbutm3gm4.jpg
    Screenshot-134_zpsxff3b7uo.jpg
    Her first Xmas with Chris Steel
    Screenshot-141_zpshagw6iug.jpg
    Her first Son Chase
    Screenshot-185_zpshzg00w8y.jpg
    Her second son Chance with dad in the background dancing lol
    Screenshot-192_zpsz9ur5pg3.jpg
    Chase Grown to a child having diner with mom
    Screenshot-198_zpsjosmo9bz.jpg
    And her untimely death earlier that day at her boys Birthday party
    Screenshot-197_zpsucjvbscf.jpg
    and that's the just of it. But I used so many items not allowed, Just soo much cheating I feel bad :'(
    This is just a picture because I love Kat in this lol her first formal party
    Screenshot-108_zps92vjf5jg.jpg
    justlurking.gif
  • Options

Her first breakfast Lmao

and that's the just of it. But I used so many items not allowed, Just soo much cheating I feel bad :'(

Wow. You had played quite a bit! I can't wait to see how her second life goes! :)

I'm telling you... I think she has a "terrible cook" hidden trait. Not to spoil too much, but right after I bragged on my Kat for not burning breakfast the first time, the very next time she cooked breakfast... burnt. I'm just really glad she hasn't started a fire in my game. She did in Simasaurus! :D Poor Kat.

What really cracks me up... in my game she can cook lunch and dinner fine, no burning things. But breakfast is her kryptonite!
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Her first breakfast Lmao

Wow. You had played quite a bit! I can't wait to see how her second life goes! :)

I'm telling you... I think she has a "terrible cook" hidden trait. Not to spoil too much, but right after I bragged on my Kat for not burning breakfast the first time, the very next time she cooked breakfast... burnt. I'm just really glad she hasn't started a fire in my game. She did in Simasaurus! :D Poor Kat.

What really cracks me up... in my game she can cook lunch and dinner fine, no burning things. But breakfast is her kryptonite!

Lol @ChelleJo she burns everything in my game as far as cooking goes but I love her to pieces :) I think your right about her having the terrible cook hidden trait B) I did spending a lot of time with her that was a very short version of her life, as much as I enjoyed it, it's not right I cheated and I can't live with that. So I shall start over and re-roll so we can all be on an even keel. Both you and Simasaurus09 don't mind I'll be posting her new goals soon.
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    @SimplyTori Yes, just post a picture of your goals and I'll add it to the first pages. Then I can link your update posts on the first page, too. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @SimplyTori Yes, just post a picture of your goals and I'll add it to the first pages. Then I can link your update posts on the first page, too. :)

Okie dokie ChelleJo will do asap :) And thanks again both of you for understanding.
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    @SimplyTori Oh my I didn't even notice your avi was Kat. It's amazing what a hair and clothes change can do. She is so cute in your game. :) Was that breakfast she was attempting? I bet it was! Her and Chris make a cute couple. Will you be seeking him out for your second try? Those were some cute kiddos. Can't wait to see the new rolls.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @SimplyTori Oh my I didn't even notice your avi was Kat. It's amazing what a hair and clothes change can do. She is so cute in your game. :) Was that breakfast she was attempting? I bet it was! Her and Chris make a cute couple. Will you be seeking him out for your second try? Those were some cute kiddos. Can't wait to see the new rolls.

I didn't even catch that, myself! She is super cute. You really did an amazing job on Kat and each of our "makeovers" of her has turned out so well. I thought of making Kat my avi at one time, but I didn't want to step on any toes as she isn't "my" sim. I've been waiting for Catherine or one of her other kids to grow up and see how they turn out.

I have Kat on my secondary screen (the picture on my blog) since that's the screen picture I see most often. And I have Madison on my main. I'm telling you, I just love Kat.

ETA: I see you have a new Avi (Of Kat?). That is a great picture! :)

@SimplyTori You're more than welcome. I'm so happy and excited that you are joining us on this! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Lmao Simasaurus09 it was and that certainly wasn't her last fire lol. She actually after a while of burning food gave me this look when I asked her too cook dinner for her and Chris (like really? Really)
    Screenshot-171_zpsnrpvhtce.jpg
    Needless to say this is what happened :| Can't say she didn't warn me lol.
    Screenshot-172_zpsladzgao7.jpg
    Idk if I'll use Chris again or not to be honest, I'll play that one by ear ;)

@ChelleJo her is my new roll must say it's a lot less fun but what the heck/ I'll make the best of it :)
    Untitled4_zpsyb2s4eav.png
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    @ChelleJo I don't mind if you use her as your avi. :blush: I'm glad you're liking her so much. It's been fun reading about her in other games.

@SimplyTori Love the look! That's hilarious. Well now Chris has caught onto her horrible cooking so he might not be so willing this time anyways. :D

Royalties can bring in some good cash so that's good. Ouch.. no service sims!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I will put all of my updates under a spoiler tag so it's easier to load the page.
    *sigh* Shall we give it a try?
    31737139450_cd0b99c7a1_o.png
    Oh... And Stiles just cleaned that oven too. :/ Good job on not starting a fire!
    31737140750_d6a7ee763a_o.png
    Clothes are optional in this household according to Kat. She spent most of the day like this until her next gig that day.
    32112419585_b5e22a6b60_o.png
    The next gig is at the beach @ 7PM! Just in time to watch this beautiful sunset.
    32112422975_ec8ef0c767_o.png
    This lot is a SV beach lot from TSR that I stripped of all CC and replaced with EA items. I needed to place down more venue lots.
    32112422695_0b99d5568b_o.png
    Call it tacky but I love this fruity outfit I put together in an attempt to match the Katy Perry stage setup. B)
    Have you ever muted the game music and played your own with a singer sim? It's kind of funny. This is the song that randomly played on Pandora while she sang and it actually fit pretty well.
    https://youtu.be/SSCzDykng4g
    31994318341_a2df2bfbfa_o.png
    Stiles tried to be there since no one else showed up but his energy bar was in the red. At least he was within earshot of the show. No clue how he was able to nap...
    32112428745_f27d16ffdc_o.png
    "What's in my hat?"
    31271081284_7aba700b35_o.png
    "A guitar!" Amazing... Maybe she should have been a magician instead.
    32112448795_540c101c56_o.png
    Stiles ran off to age up because I forgot. He's having a midlife crisis! He wants to move house and I think I'll do it just because he wished for it even though I don't want to move.
    31271082564_735e54c718_o.png
    A nice surprise from the vending machine. I feel a little guilty keeping the cash... But I'm pretty sure this doesn't break any rules, right?
    32112448905_31bf5a0c17_o.png

I didn't notice but Kat got a promotion before her second show and another after so she is currently lvl 4.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    :D Omg @Smasaurus09 I love that Kat is out in the wee morning hours in her Birthday suit :D And I'm so sorry I didn't ask permission to use Kat as my Avi and will take it down, I just thought since I was playing with her it would be okay so sorry :( I would love to download your beach lot if you don't mind sharing, I need more place for my sim to have fun. Actually anyone that has any nice cozy clubs or sims to share I would love to download them or recommendations would be awesome. Mods to actually. Thanks again Everyone :) Btw love that bowling alley in the beginning too!!

justlurking.gif
  • Options
    @SimplyTori Oh no no it's fine if you use her as your avi. I really don't mind, I promise. :) Which packs do you have? I could share it in private since it's not my lot and I only replaced items.
  • Options
    @SimplyTori Oh no no it's fine if you use her as your avi. I really don't mind, I promise. :) Which packs do you have? I could share it in private since it's not my lot and I only replaced items.

Thanks Simasurus09 I have all the Eps but ITF and all stuffs pks but KP, FL, MS and 70's 80's 90's :) Thanks so much for sharing.
    justlurking.gif
  • Options

Thanks Simasurus09 I have all the Eps but ITF and all stuffs pks but KP, FL, MS and 70's 80's 90's :) Thanks so much for sharing.
    Sure next time I'm in game I can share it in a PM. Can't promise when though. :/

• Options

Sure next time I'm in game I can share it in a PM. Can't promise when though. :/

Awesome thanks take your time I can wait :)
    justlurking.gif
  • Options

Lmao Simasaurus09 it was and that certainly wasn't her last fire lol. She actually after a while of burning food gave me this look when I asked her too cook dinner for her and Chris (like really? Really)
    Screenshot-171_zpsnrpvhtce.jpg

:D:D She's looking at you like "You must be crazy! You haven't learned, huh? Okay... tis on you...."

I've added your gen goals to the first page.
    I will put all of my updates under a spoiler tag so it's easier to load the page.
    *sigh* Shall we give it a try?
    31737139450_cd0b99c7a1_o.png
    Oh... And Stiles just cleaned that oven too. :/ Good job on not starting a fire!
    31737140750_d6a7ee763a_o.png
    Clothes are optional in this household according to Kat. She spent most of the day like this until her next gig that day.
    32112419585_b5e22a6b60_o.png
    The next gig is at the beach @ 7PM! Just in time to watch this beautiful sunset.
    32112422975_ec8ef0c767_o.png
    This lot is a SV beach lot from TSR that I stripped of all CC and replaced with EA items. I needed to place down more venue lots.
    32112422695_0b99d5568b_o.png
    Call it tacky but I love this fruity outfit I put together in an attempt to match the Katy Perry stage setup. B)
    Have you ever muted the game music and played your own with a singer sim? It's kind of funny. This is the song that randomly played on Pandora while she sang and it actually fit pretty well.
    https://youtu.be/SSCzDykng4g
    31994318341_a2df2bfbfa_o.png
    Stiles tried to be there since no one else showed up but his energy bar was in the red. At least he was within earshot of the show. No clue how he was able to nap...
    32112428745_f27d16ffdc_o.png
    "What's in my hat?"
    31271081284_7aba700b35_o.png
    "A guitar!" Amazing... Maybe she should have been a magician instead.
    32112448795_540c101c56_o.png
    Stiles ran off to age up because I forgot. He's having a midlife crisis! He wants to move house and I think I'll do it just because he wished for it even though I don't want to move.
    31271082564_735e54c718_o.png
    A nice surprise from the vending machine. I feel a little guilty keeping the cash... But I'm pretty sure this doesn't break any rules, right?
    32112448905_31bf5a0c17_o.png

I didn't notice but Kat got a promotion before her second show and another after so she is currently lvl 4.

Poor Kat, she looks so discouraged in the second photo.

She was just trying to show off her beautiful, tan bod! :D

That is a very pretty sunset. I love your lighting mod. I wish it wasn't quite so dark on my computer at night with it. I have no idea why it is, but I can't even see at night without outdoor lights, it like pitch black. The lighting mod I use now is okay, but not nearly as good as the one you use. So pretty.

You did good on editing that lot. And this ties in with the next picture, The fruit on stage is too cute. Really matches her new stage outfit.

I'm not a fan of Katy Perry in real life (though my daughter tends to love her) but I love Kat's new stage outfit. It's different and fun!

Poor Stiles, too pooped to party.

Of all things I expected her to pull from that hat... a guitar wasn't one of them! :D

Happy birthday, Stiles! <3

This is all I could find, rules wise, but it's about the claw maching, not the vending machine.
    if you have the store content slot machines, you are free to use them, but try not to abuse [for money bags from Claw Machine, you can use shift+click to delete the money bag or unwanted toys],

If it's a rare chance of getting that $1,000 out of the vending machine, it makes me wonder if it wouldn't be considered a random chance. Searching the galaxy is allowed cause of this:
    making money with the telescope is fine, since discovering stars, celestial bodies and meteors is a considered a random event

I think that should fall on your own judgement call.

It does make me curious about the Slot machines comment above. You can really bank it from those slot machines, I'm really surprised they allow them to be used at all. What would be considered abuse? One jackpot is 5K (biggest jackpot). My idea of abuse might differ from others.

How close to her birthday is Kat?

p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @ChelleJo Night time is really dark and I end up placing buydebug lights outside if I want to take sim pics at night. Didn't burntwaffles create a brighter night version of that mod in another thread?
    I think I will keep the cash. :blush: I forgot vending machines could do that and it's an automatic cash in. I can sell the telescope (or delete it) as a compromise. Yeah slot machines threw me off too so I'm not sure I will end up doing that even though I really do love the gambling skill. :p

Kat ages up in 10 days. The clock is ticking!