Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For My Gift Exchange Buddy. :)

Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
edited August 2016 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Hey @KaytayRoall ! I am your secret buddy for this exchange. Though not so secret anymore now. :tongue:

I really enjoyed creating for you as I tried a few new things that I am pretty excited about. I have a few gifts for you that I will be posting during the week but I am going to start off with a couple of sims I made.

For your first Gift I present the Dhar Sisters:

Cover%20Photo%20Dhar_zpsm7ue1fnj.jpg

Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8968400

They are sisters named Pari and Shanaya. Both are clumsy and have a good sense of humor but differ in other ways. Pari is a self employed sculptor and Shanaya is an investigator.

Screenshot-3857_zpszzuem9o5.jpg
Screenshot-3856_zpsgimkb0jm.jpg

(The stakeouts never fail to make me lol in game. :tongue:)

A couple of full body shots:

Screenshot-3859_zpsgvlzfkoh.jpg
Screenshot-3858_zps3mwj8rto.jpg

One of Pari's personality quirks is that she loves all things supernatural and carries and orb of answers with her at all times to help her make decisions. I like to give sims objects like that so even when not playing them they will still engage in their hobbies when you see them around town.

More of them and some of their other outfits will be seen as more gifts get posted. I hope you enjoy having them in your game. :smile:

Edit:
I wanted to include a picture of their formal attires as the girls display a bit of their heritage when in their formal attires.

659bd113-a3a9-4bf6-835b-72156c984174_zpszo5h8rzb.jpg
Siggy_4.jpg
Post edited by Catdog123 on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2016
    You mentioned in your letter that you like horses and occult sims so I thought it would be fun to mix the two and make you a Unicorn. For your next gift I present Hemlock Moon:

Cover%20Photo%20Moon_zpsbqvoxzyb.jpg

Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8968401

I had a lot of fun playing with the various patterns in create a pet on him. There is really a lot you can do with that system. I wanted him to have a magical look to him but not super unrealistic.

Screenshot-3834_zpsilzrnn0u.jpg

He is supposed to be an adventurous unicorn with a bit of a piggy side so you can often see him galloping around and rolling around in the dirt in game. :)

Screenshot-3836_zpsgj6rdikz.jpg
    Screenshot-3829_zpsmb10qanu.jpg]

Stay tuned for more gifts later this week. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    For gift three I have one more household for you. I really enjoy playing with this family again.

Here is the Robinson Family:

Robinson%20Cover%20Photo_zpscpnocbww.jpg

Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8968950

Kurtis Robinson is a scientist who discovered a forbidden seed and planted it to see what would happen. Surprise! Welcome to parenthood. :tongue: While surprised by what happened he loves being a father and tries to provide his daughter Fawn with the best life he can. Fawn is a playful girl who has a connection to the earth. She doesn't know much about her roots but is happy living with her father. (the roots pun is in her personal biography but didn't notice it until I read it over and loled.)

Screenshot-3869_zpsiervibei.jpg
    Screenshot-3867_zpsfed4erqk.jpg
    Screenshot-3866_zpsha4y535v.jpg
    Screenshot-3864_zpstkslvorl.jpg

This picture had to be a thing, father daughter science labs! :smiley:

I really wanted this to be their cover photo but it just didn't look good applied to the sims 3 pack as you cant really see their faces well but I wanted to share the picture anyway because I thought it was cute. :)

Screenshot-3853_zpsz7q7yevk.jpg

Also unrelated to this gift I would like to direct your attention up to the post with the Dhar sisters I added a screenshot I meant to include when I posted them yesterday.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    In your letter you mentioned wanting more reasons for your sims to leave the house to have fun so I tried to tackle that as well. For your 4th gift I made you a lot I thought would be a fun little place to visit for families and friends.

Next up I present Blazin Hoops Court:

Blazin%20Hoops%20Cover%20Photo_zpspxuvzido.jpg

Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8968952

The lot has four hoops for sims to practice your court skills. I really enjoyed trying to make the court more realistic like with he plumbob emblems marking the center of the court. Can see the Dhar Sisters and The Robinson family enjoying the facilities. :)

Screenshot-3877_zpsmk53ztb9.jpg
    Screenshot-3879_zps8dzt3ee7.jpg

I love how Fawn leaves a trail of flowers even when playing basket ball lol.

I wanted there to be more to do than just playing basket ball so there is also a stereo, a couple of chin up bars juice keg, and a snack area with vending machines and a food truck on the lot. Since the food truck doesn't show up normally in non city type worlds its nice to have a lot with it parked on there so you can still use it's features in non city worlds.

Screenshot-3881_zpssqoyrin2.jpg
    Screenshot-3880_zpsnfhzlzzw.jpg

Pretending that is just water in the keg for hydration. :lol:

Also all in ones for showering up after a good game.

Screenshot-3882_zps8zrvjfkp.jpg

I am enjoying playing with this lot in my game and I hope you will enjoy it as well.

Stay turned for more gifts. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Took a little longer than planned to get your last three gifts ready for upload so they are all being gifted tonight. :smiley:

You mentioned that you enjoyed the showtime careers and enjoy the world Hidden Springs. So I thought it would be fun to make my first showtime lot. I wanted it to blend in really well with the world and also have some activities other than watching live performances to engage in while there.

For gift number four I present Sunstone Park:

Sunstone%20Park%20Cover%20Photo_zpsht9dtnzx.jpg

Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8970570

There is a boat rental and snack shack which is fully functional. You can buy food from the register and purchase boats from the boat trailers on the side of the shack. I built this lot for the lot "9 Sunstone Ct." in Hidden Springs but it also works nicely on 5 Spruce St or any lot that is relatively close to water.

Screenshot-55_zpsimvwgnni.jpg
    Screenshot-35_zps2kle4gus.jpg
    Screenshot-60_zps6i6qu7vo.jpg
    Screenshot-71_zps6xcgaksy.jpg

There is also a play area for the children and families with a treehouse, portal gnub set, sprinkler, toy boxes and a sandbox. A pretty fun area for families, there really isn't many all ages activities sims can do as a family so the gnub set and sprinkler is always fun. :smile:

Screenshot-58_zps3a26ipx1.jpg
    Screenshot-57_zpsaxrnl1wy.jpg

There is also a bonfire area with rocking chairs.

Screenshot-63_zpsx74aw0gy.jpg

The star of the lot which is the stage.

Screenshot-64_zpsdxic4wxi.jpg
    Screenshot-65_zpst0tryhjy.jpg

There is also a picnic table and bathroom area not pictured.

It was interesting testing this build as I had forgot the chairs in front of a stage disappear when a singer performs and thought something wrong had happened lol. I hope you enjoy playing with this lot. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Your next gift is a house called Craftsman Contempo:

Craftsman%20Cover%20Photo_zps0qxprpoy.jpg

Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8970571

Screenshot-3_zpsdb6w0ynq.jpg
    Screenshot-16_zpspzsbjurd.jpg

I'm not sure if I really captured the craftsman style or not but I think its pretty close. :) Its a two bedroom two bath house on a 20 by 30 lot. It is designed as a family home with a small pool in the backyard.

Screenshot-4_zps0x9wgrus.jpg
    Screenshot-13_zps2cmo10mt.jpg

I tried to furnish the living room to go well with that fire place which I thought was really pretty.

Screenshot-11_zpsyu4rklzf.jpg
    Screenshot-5_zpshaqpktqf.jpg
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Here is some pics of the master bedroom.

Screenshot-7_zpssdkxygg8.jpg
    Screenshot-15_zpszggfbnf3.jpg

I thought the blues and whites would be nice for a calming space for sims to get away. :smile:

There is also a second bedroom which I furnished for two children.

Screenshot-8_zpswyulgvq6.jpg
    Screenshot-14_zpssstcvhme.jpg

And lastly some pics of the two bathrooms.

Screenshot-9_zpshclvzugv.jpg
    Screenshot-10_zps7mxssgd9.jpg

There is a little bit more to the house than pictured such as an office space.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    For your final gift I wanted to make something related to the ambitions careers since you mentioned liking those as well. I kind of flip flopped between making a consignment store or a fire station for a bit and Ironically canned both ideas and went for a Salon instead because well lets just call it sims logic. When I started the build it was going to be a more basic salon but then I started thinking about how as a stylist you start visiting clients and not working at the salon at a certain level in the career. I wanted it to have other features that would make you want to return there or even visit when not playing through that career so it became a salon and spa.

Without further ado I present the Tranquil Harmony Salon and Spa:

Spa%20Cover%20Photo_zpspgd3w5by.jpg

Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8970572

I used quite a bit of spa related premium content and wanted to give the lot a sort of rustic and Asian vibe with relaxing and calming colors. Spa activities include a sauna area, massage chairs and table, tanning booth, bubble bar, chocolate fountain and stylist services.

Screenshot-18_zpsogc3ewy4.jpg
    Screenshot-19_zpsvman4y3x.jpg
    Screenshot-26_zpsspkaknwf.jpg

I tried to make the tattoo section of the salon look like a place where you get your hair done.

Screenshot-22_zpsv26qcd0s.jpg
    Screenshot-23_zps8clz7okz.jpg

For working as a stylist I wanted a nice area for your sim to work with a drafting table, personal all in one bathroom and mini fridge so they can work on fashion concepts, have lunch and clean up before leaving work.

Screenshot-20_zpsevjmrgaj.jpg

There is also some public restrooms not pictured.

Can see the lot in action in the post below. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Had some sims use the sauna area.

Screenshot-44_zpsq19uttmq.jpg

These seem to be the most popular item on the lot, both the sims I was controlling and the npcs loved using them.

Screenshot-46_zpsimkb3muv.jpg

I had Kurtis test the chocolate fountain which he was pretty happy about.

Screenshot-45_zpszqix1kx7.jpg

And had the four sims I was playing with try the bubble bar. Shanaya kept burping bubbles and covering her mouth it made me lol. :)

Screenshot-49_zpswwo0bxrh.jpg

Had to include this one as well, Reinaldo (a sim I made for Tanu) is blowing a bubble out of his nose looks like hes trying to get Pari's atention with it. Stay classy Reinaldo. :lol:

Screenshot-48_zpspl3fnw3o.jpg

The good thing about this being a salon is you can have the salon staff give you massages at the massage table rather than a random sim who is just visiting.

Screenshot-51_zpspipkoarj.jpg

Also had had a Reinaldo get a spray tan and Pari partake in the salon services.

Screenshot-52_zps4dpjwxaw.jpg
    Screenshot-50_zps91gcgyqy.jpg
    Screenshot-53_zpsvtvcccn5.jpg

It was very enjoyable building for you this exchange. I hope that I was able to create some things for you that you will truly enjoy having in your game. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    The Dhar sisters looks like they'd be a delight to play. Hemlock is rather handsome. Both of these will be fun to have in one's game.
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Love the names you gave to the sisters! Very different; unique, just like they are. And Hemlock??? Awwwww.... I just love that picture of him(?? he *is* a boy??) playing on the ground.

**Will rec these later
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Oh my gosh, the investigators always make me laugh, too! I haven't played that career much, but it IS funny!

That unicorn is beautiful! Hey, I'm curious; can you make the horn whatever color you want, if you're making a unicorn?
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    Got you rec'd! Lovely sims and such a great coat on the unicorn!
  • Options
    @MsPrissy88 Yep hes a boy. :)

@MiaSkywalker Have to have a unicorn saved to the sim bin to be able to make from scratch but yep you can change the color of the horn. It has two different color channels actually so lots of fun combos you can play with. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    If I didn't believe in unicorns being magical creatures yet, I just started :o he looks seriously amazing!

And the Dahr sisters look so nice too hihi, I love the fact they are a bit clumsy and have good humor! And the carreer choices with their clumsiness... they must be so much fun to play with :D
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    Squee!!! I <3 them so much, @Catdog123! The Dhar sisters are so pretty and unique! I've never tried the investigator career either. Now I'm really looking forward to it. :D Hemlock is so gorgeous, too! Just so handsome. You definitely struck a great balance between mystical and realistic.

I can't wait to get them into my game! I had an exhausting day, so I'm going to be posting my own gift for the day and then crashing, but I had to tell you how much I love them! Thank you so much!!
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    The Dhar sisters look like a ton of fun. I had a sim do one of those stakeouts at the beach! Shhh, no one will ever know I'm here! LOL! Cute unicorn too, I guess they love to roll on the ground, so playful!
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Wow. Love these! :o I can definitely find a place for all of these amazing gifts in my own game.

The Dhar sisters are so pretty and actually look really similar. Twins? I also really like your idea to place an object in sims inventory.

Hemlook Moon is gorgeous! May I ask how one goes about playing him? Is it possible to just place him on a small lot (with nothing on it) and then go to another household, instead? Will he roam the world or must he be cared for by a sim (or my directions for him?)? Sorry. These are probably beginner questions, but I've never actually tried to let an animal live on its own before. :#

I like the Robinson family, as well! Do you have Paint on your computer. Since installing the IUC, I've used that for my pictures. I find cropping out the picture and then resizing it to 500 X ? works well enough, so that the image doesn't look too squished. :)

Whoa. Blazing Hoops Court is awesome! I've had a similar idea before, but never got around to doing it. Anyway, I think what you've come up with here is probably way better than anything I would've made. Really good job and nice touch to add the pictures on the fence, the all-in-one bathrooms and the food truck, too!
  • Options
    Thank you for all of the wonderful responses.

@KaytayRoall So glad to hear you like them. :) I really like that career because you work at your own pace its its kind of goofy. My favorite ambitions one is the ghost hunter I think though.

@Kgaff lol yep the steakouts are so funny and silly, No one can see me at all. I tried to get a sim to do a stakeout in the bushes once so it would look less random but he was being a sim and didn't want to cooperate lol.

@60smusicluvr They started out as twins but I edited Pari's face to be a bit different so they aren't identical twins anymore. :smile:

Hemlock needs to be moved in with a family. There is a return to the wild option when playing with a unicorn but I don't know if they become an npc or disappear when you do that.

I did try cropping it with paint but for some reason the faces looked stretched and odd when i edited that picture.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited August 2016
    @Catdog123 First off, checked out the added picture of the Dhar sisters and they are stunning in their formal attire! Such a gorgeous use of some less-used store content.

The Robinson family is so sweet! I love non-traditional family structures and plantsims... and the father-daughter science! :D Kurtis looks (and sounds) very kind and gentle and Fawn is so sweet (and that everyday outfit... <3!). I just can't wait to play these two and see where their story goes.

ETA: Haha, got so excited about the family I posted without commenting on the basketball court. My first reaction to it: FOOD TRUCK!! :D That is so awesome! I didn't know you could place it on lots other than in cities. The courts look great and very clever use of the all-in-ones. This lot is definitely going into a bunch of my saves and I can picture it fitting in so many different worlds.
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    O_O So many gorgeous sims! Love the Dhar sisters, love the Robinsons...lots of variety, and so much fun! Kurtis has a beautiful hair color, and the freckles are too cute! And Fawn is too precious! Pari and Shanaya look like lots of fun, and the cultural clothing is great! (and yes, the stakeouts are hilarious!) Hemlock Moon is gorgeous...I've never been very good at creating pets, so I might have to steal this one for next time my sims want a unicorn! ;) I don't usually use the basketball hoops much, but Blazin Hoops looks like so much fun I might just have to. The food truck is a great touch!
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Kurtis and Fawn are a fabulous father-daughter pair! Loving the freckles Kurtis has and Fawn is super cute... she might be one of the prettiest plant sims I've ever seen.

Blazin Hoops Court is pretty awesome, too! Such attention to detail... two full courts with the emblems... food truck... shower shed. A lot to love on this lot. Sims are so lucky.
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    He has great genetics. I love those eyes and I love those eyes on her!
    I'm always making BB courts too. I love them. Yours is awesome.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,436 Member
    edited August 2016
    @Catdog123 I always love you stuff - and this time is no exception. I am going to have to have the Dhar sisters in my game for sure! I think Pari is my favorite - I really like her hair on her. And Hemlock the unicorn is beautiful! I'm playing @Shannen's Starla from the last gift exchange in one of my saves, and I think these two will need to become friends.

discovered a forbidden seed and planted it to see what would happen
    ^ And why haven't I ever tried this? There's so much to do in this game. Love to play "scientific" types, and the Robinsons look like they'd be a fun time.

Blazin' Hoops is a great community lot idea and looks perfect. The basketball hoops really attract sims in, so I'm sure it's a busy spot.

Rec'ing all for you and will grab some things here at the end of the week. :)
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    I love the Robinsons! Kurtis is a cutie, and that little girl is adorable! (Children Sims tend to be either very cute, or just plain odd.)

My jaw dropped when I saw that food truck on the basketball lot. I didn't know you could do that! Although I hate having it driving around, having it on a lot is great! My gosh, so much detail in that lot! It looks so inner city!
  • Options
    @MiaSkywalker Its pretty easy to do actually. If you load a city style world and copy a lot while the food truck is parked on it the food truck will stay there and you can even use CAS on it. :)
    Siggy_4.jpg