Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If toddlers came back...

Comments

• Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    If you were playing The sims 3 until the breaking point like I did, have you ever thought: Why am I wasting all my grown sims' time to teach the toddlers potty, talking andwalking, when they are able to do it all by themselves when they grow to kids? To me cute looks can be owned by everybody else but toddlers, and I don't miss them at all.
  • Options
    jellywuzherejellywuzhere Posts: 141 Member
    I think that people should stop complaining about toddlers so much, I miss them tremendously too. I am a huge family player and toddlers were probably my favorite life stage. You guys knew that when you bought the sims 4 there were no toddlers, but you bought it anyway, I did too. I personally think that the sims 4 is fine without toddlers. Sure there are still issues with loading screens and all, but I am almost glad EA decided to leave them out. I didn't want my favorite life stage to be sloppily thrown together, I would rather have an amazing, well planed out toddler that is everything I wanted, or at least close to it. I know that it is also freaky with the whole aging up to a child thing, and I agree 100%. I think that EA should fix that also. I still think that people will find a way to complain about something once we get toddlers though, they always do.
    “Did you know that ‘I told you so’ has a brother, Jacob?” she asked, cutting me off. “His name is ‘Shut up.’”- Breaking Dawn
  • Options
    ksstrekksstrek Posts: 73 Member
    There are many good things about the game and improvements on previous games, lack of open world aside. However, leaving out the toddlers was a big mistake. While I can still enjoy playing the game, it would be much improved if the that lifestage were added, especially if they made the lifestage worthwhile with extra things for the little ones to do. I for one would pay for an EP with toddlers and other family aspects.
  • Options
    Sisi111DiamondSisi111Diamond Posts: 10 New Member
    I would love to see toddlers come back.
    It was really fun to teac th them howo walk and talk in TS3...
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I am never going to be able to raise children in Sims 4 until/unless toddlers are brought back. Baby-to-child is too awkward.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    sporkpatchessporkpatches Posts: 31 Member
    At this point, I highly doubt that they will not bring toddlers back, whether it be the next pack or somewhere down the line. The demand is just too great, and they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they ignore everyone.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Nip351 wrote: »
    jinerator wrote: »
    I was thinking. If EA put toddlers in the game, it would finally stop a lot of complaining in the sim community.
    Toddlers has its fun moments, but does it really destroy the game not having them?
    So, once they are implemented, what will be the next massive complaint?

Sims 4 is my first experiences with the Sims and I absolutely love this, it is now my favorite game - ever. I would really like to know what all the toddler hype is about. What is the (a) most current (b) best experience and (c) minimal purchases (Sims 3 I assume) I need to make to experience them the way you did?

I will admit, baby to child is a bit odd and does feel as there really should be something in there.

Thank you in advance.

You would be better off with the Sims 2 toddlers, they were the cutest. They danced, got into things, climbed out of cribs, they were the most fun. Still it is harder to come by Sims 2 these days.
  • Options
    ohiokennohiokenn Posts: 3 New Member
    I miss toddlers. It makes the whole "growing up" aspect so much more believable and adds all the fun but do-able challenges that only a toddler can provide. If Sims 4 made a generations pack, or something similar, I'd totally get it. But adding it to the base game would be perfect too :)
  • Options
    ohiokennohiokenn Posts: 3 New Member
    Toddlers. Pets. Seasons. Somehow, I feel like these should just be things the base game already has. Or if Sims 4 makes a seasons expansion pack, at least they could add seasonal Holidays into the mix! That'd just be so fun.
  • Options
    jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    I was thinking. If EA put toddlers in the game, it would finally stop a lot of complaining in the sim community.
    Toddlers has its fun moments, but does it really destroy the game not having them?

Sims 4 is my first experiences with the Sims and I absolutely love this, it is now my favorite game - ever. I would really like to know what all the toddler hype is about. What is the (a) most current (b) best experience and (c) minimal purchases (Sims 3 I assume) I need to make to experience them the way you did?

I will admit, baby to child is a bit odd and does feel as there really should be something in there.

Thank you in advance.

I think everyone will have different answers for you on your questions. I have played since the first Sims way back when and enjoyed them all. I feel they got better with age, but that is my opinion. I have seen plenty of people say they like one or the other better. If Sims 4 is your first one, I say welcome to the Sim family.

I agree with you about there is a bit of a void between the infants and child ages. Sometimes, I think EA and Maxis did that on purpose to get us talking and come up with great ideas. Maybe they were stumped and didn't want to hand us a substandard product. Hopefully, our positive ideas and feedback will help them come up with an awesome thing for toddlers, but until then, I will enjoy the game regardless.

Awesome comment Nip351!
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Thank you in advance.

I think everyone will have different answers for you on your questions. I have played since the first Sims way back when and enjoyed them all. I feel they got better with age, but that is my opinion. I have seen plenty of people say they like one or the other better. If Sims 4 is your first one, I say welcome to the Sim family.

I agree with you about there is a bit of a void between the infants and child ages. Sometimes, I think EA and Maxis did that on purpose to get us talking and come up with great ideas. Maybe they were stumped and didn't want to hand us a substandard product. Hopefully, our positive ideas and feedback will help them come up with an awesome thing for toddlers, but until then, I will enjoy the game regardless.

Awesome comment Nip351!

Thank you in advance.

Awesome comment Nip351!

There are thread after thread in Sims3 forums about toddlers and wanting toddlers to be more like the Sims2 toddlers. I didn't even play Sims 2 until recently and started on the forums in 2012 or 2013 and I saw thread after thread about issues with toddlers. Do you honestly think that not one single guru/dev didn't see those? Most on the team have been around in some form or shape on previous EP's/SP's etc and surely read the forums on occasion. The telemetry talk is just one more excuse they gave for a not giving us a full base game. They didn't add toddlers because the game was developed originally for online social play and toddlers would not have been appropriate for that. When they finally realized that would be a fiasco ala Sim City they apparently didn't want to shoehorn them in but they would be a priority. One year plus later...is not a priority. :( And, in my humble opinion they did give us a substandard product by not taking the time to fully develop the base game. But, that gives them more money to charge us for things that should have been in base game, doesn't it. Kaaching!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »

Thank you in advance.

Awesome comment Nip351!

Thank you in advance.

Awesome comment Nip351!

There are thread after thread in Sims3 forums about toddlers and wanting toddlers to be more like the Sims2 toddlers. I didn't even play Sims 2 until recently and started on the forums in 2012 or 2013 and I saw thread after thread about issues with toddlers. Do you honestly think that not one single guru/dev didn't see those? Most on the team have been around in some form or shape on previous EP's/SP's etc and surely read the forums on occasion. The telemetry talk is just one more excuse they gave for a not giving us a full base game. They didn't add toddlers because the game was developed originally for online social play and toddlers would not have been appropriate for that. When they finally realized that would be a fiasco ala Sim City they apparently didn't want to shoehorn them in but they would be a priority. One year plus later...is not a priority. :( And, in my humble opinion they did give us a substandard product by not taking the time to fully develop the base game. But, that gives them more money to charge us for things that should have been in base game, doesn't it. Kaaching!

Well said :smile:

*bowes down*
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »

Interesting that my entire post isn't what was seen, and only part was highlighted to cause the response. One sentence can cause a stir when the entire opinion is omitted or unfairly edited. Interesting ideas though...
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yes, it destroys the game and gameplay oppertunities for family players. After we get toddlers they can move on to fixing or improving other things in the game. But i have no idea whats so hard about doing this if some people don't prefer playing with toddlers:https://youtu.be/ukXnIwacYfU
    giphy.gif

• Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    I'm not looking forward to toddlers at all, to be quite honest, but I want fellow simmers to get what they want and be happy that they received what they've been asking for before the base game even came out.

The reason why I am not looking forward to toddlers is because the Smart System in TS4. Our sims have emotions which is annoying to a certain degree. So when toddlers come in its going to be a much larger pain to control their emotions, along with our adult sim emotions. And you know they'll add the CPS with toddlers- if we can't keep our toddlers happy or at least pleasant the duration of their growing up phase than CPS will be knocking on the door to ship them away (unless you use mods to rid yourself of that annoyance).

Toddlers do give a realistic aging difference when they transition from infant to toddler to child. And in the expansion pack survey back in September of this year they also mentioned pre-teens as well as toddlers for Generations. That's what I have been wanting more than toddlers. We've never had a pre-teen lifestage before. But then again, pre-teens should be what teens are in the game. Once they do add toddlers and hopefully pre-teens into the game they really need to focus on family play with more things for toddlers, child sims, and the pre-teen sims to do in the game with their families.

New venue types- arcade, daycare, movie theater, candy store.
    New NPCs- Mid-Wife/Nanny
    Job for Teen Sims- Babysitter
    New Retail- Candy Store
    New Active Career- Daycare Supervisor
    (Bring back school buses and carpools)
  • Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    My biggest complaint is no waist length hair or beard or hair movement :D

I just-NEED it it was so amazing in the sims 2 and now (If there could be an option to turn it on and off) they could make the movement even more sensetive and realistic! :):):)

hehe...
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    Elegantblkchina1Elegantblkchina1 Posts: 103 Member
    edited December 2015
    > @ksstrek said:
    > what positive? I see lots of posts not wanting toddlers in the game.
    > I would love to have toddlers back in the game. For those who do not want toddlers, I would suggest that there could be an option to either age up the babies to children as now or to toddlers or an option to exclude them from the game like you have in sims3 where you have the option to exclude certain types of sims, like celebrities or vampires, etc.
    >
    > having said all that, having toddlers back in the game would enrich it for so many of us who like to have family play. I would like to see more interactions with toddlers and more for toddlers to do. If they had more to do, I suspect that some of those who do not like them would find them fun to play.
    >
    > I would like to see the teaching and toddler learning to be modified. Older life stages could help, but some of the learning should come from the toddler. for example, the toddlers should learn how to talk from watching television, having conversations with siblings and parents and grandparents. Let them learn to walk by having other sims hold their hands, but then let them practice on their own. They should earn aspirations points from their accomplishments and get into mischief if they are not supervised or confined in a safe place. They should also be able to go to community lots, but they should be disallowed from going to lots like bars and nightclubs, as should the kids and teens.
    ************************************************************************************************************
    Great comment! I'm one of the few who are not missing the toddler stage. For me it was because they were just work and not very fun. They were just another level of a very limited life stage like babies. However, if there was MORE interaction with the family or just more for them to do like a few of your suggestions, then I would welcome toddlers. Actually having them get into mischief would be awesome, as long as it wasn't something deadly. Also they could add an in-home daycare occupation for an adult or teen that would allow the neighborhood toddlers to come over and to get to know each other and develop relationships. EA, ARE YOU LISTENING?

Speaking of teens in nightclubs, there should be an option to turn a venue into a teen club; with a curfew, again for meeting and building relationships. Maybe a fun skating rink (wood or ice would be nice :D ), or a movie theater that is genre selectable. They could name this expansion pack "Get a Life" and just incorporate more things for the younger life stages to do. I really think this would appease everyone whether they want toddlers now or not.
    Post edited by Elegantblkchina1 on
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    If they ever reintroduce the curfew, it'd better be optional because that was a nuisance in Sims 3. One of the few things I like about Sims 4: no curfew.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited December 2015
    If they ever reintroduce the curfew, it'd better be optional because that was a nuisance in Sims 3. One of the few things I like about Sims 4: no curfew.

The TS3 curfew was annoying. But I wouldn't mind it if there were options to 'run away' and 'hide from the police', a way to dodge them and stay out later. And if it didn't occur too often.

edit to add: I had teens in mind there. Then I thought that younger kids should probably get sent home. :#
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Honestly I like curfew in Sims 3,it makes more since. Sure I think teens should have a later curfew,and I wouldn't mind some options like hide from police?
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited December 2015
    Edit: Wrong thread.

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I agree that much could have been added to the curfew with choices for the player to make depending on the story we are telling. It would be nice to see that added to Sims4 or Sims5 (my rose colored glasses are still on for a Sims5) with choices so players would really rule. I wish the team would really listen to players about having choices that players make, not the team :(
  • Options
    DeandylanDeandylan Posts: 496 Member
    I would love toddlers back!! It's like creating the sims without the sims. I mean, we've had them for so long. And now, they could be so much better and we don't have them. But if I weren't a player that wanted toddlers I certainly wouldn't want them just to shut the people who are spending their money on this game up. I'd want them because it's fair. And toddlers are really not that difficult. The people who are complaining have every right to. But sometimes I think the people who say they don't want toddlers are just trying to be nasty. In my honest opinion.
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    Maybe, some people don't want toddlers, but, I think they brought a little bit of entertainment to those that didn't like them. You could make a household with a single parent, and fill the rest with seven toddlers. When I started playing TS3 back in December of 2012, I didn't care for those little monsters. But, after a year or so afterwards. In the same game, I played constantly to see how running a virtual family felt like. And from the moment I gave toddlers a chance, I REALLY liked raising them. Addicted really. :D
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited December 2015
    The sims freeplay have real newborn's and toddlers and you have more content they can use!

Newborns can build up skills o:)

I can't believe just how much options you have with both!

Things we couldn't even do with the sims 2 or the sims 3!

Family play on freeplay is why i have had a break from the sims 4 and don't even miss the game!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top