Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modeling Competition Directory ~ Closed

Comments

• Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Update Post:
    • Updates to the tag list! Welcome back @Aestas!
    • Congrats to @kyky and @fabtiffsim for making it past the trial stage!
    • A new comp has been added to the Upcoming section.
      ~ Competition | Fashion Through Time // by @Jendowoz0612 // Start Date: Early/Mid July
    • A new comp has launched!
      Back to the Basics // by MizoreYukii // All Games // SD Forum Too // Taking Applications
      Welcome!

Normally in modeling we start with in-game photos to form our basics (such as camera, set building, and lighting work), then make our way to editing, but we skip right over in-game these days and tend to not look back. To help people realize the potential of in-game photos, here is a competition with no major editing for you to enjoy! This competition is not meant to be difficult and is meant for everyone of all levels to enjoy thoroughly since major editing is not needed, only your ability to take good in-game photos and your creativity is required. Think of yourselves as full-time photographers now, not editors or models. ;)

Due to limitations of the game, and CC, I will not be giving you hard assignments that would normally require a lot of editing. Instead, we will take a more laidback approach and focus on candid photography (definition here), with a few modeling shots here and there. There is a chance that you will have to build majority of your sets, or do some shopping (if you use CC), but I think everyone should be able to handle the assignments just fine with the current options in-game. Also, the assignments should be base game friendly for all of the games, so do not worry if you don’t have many packs (in other words, I’m not expecting or forcing city based assignments, vampires, etc.). The only item I recommend is the Teleport Sim mod so you can get your sim into the right spots, but even if you don’t use it or want it, you should be fine. (You can use cheats to teleport your sim as well.) If you would like easy access to in-game animations, you can use the animation list included under the download of Andrew's Pose Player.

This competition is a cumulative comp, with 7 rounds total. Eliminations for final 3 take place after round 6.

Even though we are doing in-game only photos, I will allow you to do a bit of editing. This will include beauty modifications and corrections (such as skin smoothing or rough edges), filters (curves, gradients, flares, etc.), and final adjustments (such as borders, cropping, and sharpening). Any other editing, including drawing, will not be allowed. I list everything that is allowed down in the rules section under a spoiler, so please make sure to review it!

Since there is no major editing, and the game can be limiting in some ways (such as locations), I encourage you to be extra creative for your assignments, including using angles and lighting to their fullest!

Have fun!
    • Another comp has ended and announced the winner!
      ♥ Congrats to @TEXASTWANGTONYA for first place in ♪ Muse ♪, and congrats to @Penguinwa101 for second and @Movotti for third!
    • These competitions have been moved to the Past section.
      ~ ♪ Muse ♪ // by MizoreYukii
      ~ Delectable Cycle 3 // by Vanadis
  • Options
    dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
    @MizoreYukii Sorry for the late response! Just got back from a camping trip with my family :)

My tumblr is here (~˘▾˘)~

And yeah I'll probably never return to SNTM. I give full permission to anyone who wants to continue it to do so!! Also I've laid back on the drawing for like a week cause I've been going wild practicing my edits and pose making, but I'll definitely message u when I get something done! I've got a looooong way to go T-T
  • Options
    Updates:
    • A new competition has opened!
      STARRING ROLE: BRIDGEPORT'S FINEST // by JoeJoe11 // All Games // Taking Applications
      Starring Role, Bridgeport’s leading talent agency, are looking for new actors for their books. Do you have what it takes to captivate the audience with your presence, acting ability and distinctive look?

Starring Role: Bridgeport's Finest will involve a variety of challenges and assignments, all of which revolve around the progression of your actor from small-time star to Bridgeport Walk of Fame honouree! Each week you will be presented with possible scripts based on a specific theme (aka a few real life examples to inspire you). You can choose how your actor wishes to pursue and design a picture around that pitch or brief. One week may be Horror scripts, one week Rom-Com, one week superhero and one week Soap Opera. In between assignments there will be surprise challenges: a red carpet look (Fashion Police style), an interview, a cameo. Who knows when the next PR opportunity will knock to give your assignment a boost?

You know what they say: if you can make it in Bridgeport, you can make it anywhere…
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Updates:
    • Tag list has been updated! Welcome @Rawla!
    • Congrats to @jpikman for making it off the trial list!
    • New competition is open!
      Sophistication & Sass // by BeechNutBaby // All Games // Taking Applications
      With Face Off coming to an end, I think it's time for me to start up another modeling competition! I'm going to step out of the box of the typical competition style and bring you something new (to me): team-style competition!

In this competition, there will be two teams: Team Sophistication and Team Sassy - you will get to choose which team you are on when you sign up, but spaces are limited due to the way in which eliminations will take place!

Don't let the word "team" fool you, however... You are all competing against each other for the crown still, but in the end, we will have TWO winners!!! Each round, there will be an elimination from each team. When we are down to FOUR total contestants (2 from each team) there will be a finale and a winner from each team will be crowned.

The team you choose will determine your requirements throughout the entire competition. You will have to showcase your skills as a sophisticated stylist, photographer, and model for Team Sophistication OR you will show us the sassier side of fashion; putting a unique touch on the makeup, styling, and setting for your model on Team Sassy!

Assignments will be mixtures of headshots and full bodyshots - all done in editorial/magazine styles! That means simplistic settings that allow us to focus on your beautiful model! Take a look below at the assignments for more information and to help you decide which team you'll be on!
    • A competition has ended and announced the winners!
      ♥ Congrats to @kittymeow for first place in Face Off Cycle 8, and congrats to @jpikman for second and @xJojox for third!
    • This competition has been moved to the Past section.
      ~ Face Off Cycle 8 // by BeechNutBaby
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Updates:
    • Updates to the tag list! Welcome back @ArtsyAmy!
    • Updates to the Upcoming section. Game On! has been moved back due to the release of comps not on the list and because I'm busy for the next week and a half.
      ~ Competition | Game On! // by @MizoreYukii // Start Date: Early July
    • I have also split my upcoming comps by cycles, with future cycle 2's at the bottom.
    • Beech's new comp needs more members on Team Sophistication!
    • A new competition has launched!
      CREATE // by Penguinwa101 // All Games // Taking Applications
      This modeling comp is dedicated to the entirety of the edit and the artist's creativity and exploration of skill.

This Comp is to help regather/strengthen your creativity and editing skills. Most of the comp will be judged primarily on 2 things- Individuality, and art Cohesiveness. But other factors will be judged also... such as quality, aesthetic, and setting/set dressing, WOW factors... ect.

In each challenge you will be given a theme/prompt in which you will create a edit that expresses that prompt/theme in your own way...

This comp is to be VERY relaxing, and low stress and winner will be "crowned" by a cumulative scoring system and we will only have 2 elimination rounds (this will be determined/set when at the end of sign ups, so I know how many will be joining.)
  • Options
    ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    Thank you! <3
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
  • Options
    Updates:
    • Updates to the tagging list! Welcome to the community @annathefantabulous and @Skyler1802!
    • And because I edited my post last time instead of just posting another update, welcome to @Rawla as well! xD
    • Congrats to @Movotti for making it off the trial list!
    • Still busy for the coming week, but hopefully I can finish the last few bits of Game On! for its scheduled release in early July.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I was on a trial list?
    What am I on now? An addict list? :p
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Hehe, @Movotti welcome to the addicts' club! :smiley:

• Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome! :smile:
  • Options
    @MizoreYukii

Hey, Mizz, I've decided to close the teen activity I began with Amy and Ina and will open a new cycle later in the year as a competition with a few changes, so just letting you know.

I will be focusing on my new one about Fashion Through Time instead.

• Options
    Updates:
  • Options
    heather1306heather1306 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Oh dear that news sucks mizzie, I originally used that but sure i backed up all my super old pics on my flickr, I'm off to check it now.. thanks for passing this on to everyone!
    39508532972_d4ae4b6e81_o.gif
  • Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Photobucket's gone nuts. I wonder how this is going to affect TinyPic as they're owned by the same people, or if it'll affect it at all. I'm glad I started using flickr last year! And fortunately I don't have anything I really care about on my Photobucket.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    Updates:
    • New comp has launched!
      Face Off Cycle 9 // by BeechNutBaby // All Games // Taking Applications
      This cycle has been in the making for a LONG time - even before the completion of cycle 8! I have been so impressed with the stellar work I've seen in previous cycles, and I have always wanted to create a cycle centered around some of the best photos this competition has produced.
      Thus, I give you the theme All Stars.

Every assignment will be pulled from the previous cycles (mostly cycles 6-8 since most of the earlier cycles have disappeared or were hosted on another forum). Every assignment will feature an example of my personal favorites from the first time the assignment was given. You'll see work from such all stars as @xJojox @Rinxes @IceTigers21 @Tacha75 and @cheerio517 !!

For those who are new to this competition, this competition is a headshot competition - which means photos will center around the upper portion of your model. Your photos will sometimes go as low as a waist-up shot and get as close as a super-close headshot. They will vary depending on the assignment.

Face Off is a great competition that takes the simplicity of a headshot and pushes your creativity to expand upon the style and make it your own. You will be tasked with making creative and fun fashion headshots each round, with minimal requirements.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @MizoreYukii I have put up my "Fashion Time Warp" competition if you want to copy/paste the blurb. I've put it up now because Sophisticated Style has only this and one more final round to go so people can begin putting their name down. I will launch it on Friday the 14th July, Aussie Time (Thursday 13th July for you, I think). Oh and I've added @heather1306 to my tag list as I didn't see her name on the tag list and she was my first reserve for this new competition.

You can find it here Fashion Time Warp
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• Options
    Updates:
    • Oops, forgot to update a name! Welcome back @heather1306!
    • Updated the Upcoming section.
      ~ Competition | Fashion Time Warp // by @Jendowoz0612 // Start Date: July 13th/14th
      This competition will reflect fashion trends through the decades. This goes from the 1920’s to the 1980’s so it is only has 7 rounds plus one for the finals.

At each decade I will give you some backstory of the era. I know you won’t want a history lesson so it will only be a brief overview.

I will also outline the main style of clothing, accessories, makeup and hairstyles of the time, this should help you when choosing a style for that era. You are also welcome to do your own research of course. I have researched in Sims 4 and all eras I am covering have CC available, or have CC that could substitute for the era of the time. You may just need to search a bit. If you are having trouble finding things let me know and I will add links to some I am aware of. I know Sims 3 does have CC for vintage fashion as well.

If you are unsure of the meaning of some of the vintage names for clothing and accessories, either ask or do the research yourself.
      This competition won’t begin until mid-July but you may reserve your name now if you would like to be a part of this new competition either as a contestant or a judge. I have allowed room for 12 reserves (If more is needed I’ll consider that). and up to 4 judges including myself.

I would like at least 2 or 3 judges as well as myself to give you, as contestants, a wide range of opinions and results.

***Each decade will have a different format to make the modelling rounds interesting; such as different effects to reflect days of old,formal, casual, adverts, magazine covers and perhaps even a poster of sorts.***
      ~ Competition | LOOKBOOK WARS // by @MissBirdie // Start Date: Summer
      Revival of a competition about lookbooks, this time without a focus on editing
  • Options
    Hey guys! I'm still putting the final touches on Game On!, however, I noticed that several of the original people who were interested are not currently active. Due to how complex the comp's set up is on my end (lots of stuff to make and put together, plus testing), I need to make sure people are interested before finishing.

I made a poll and included the new description of Game On above it: https://goo.gl/PLdi49
    If you are interested, or not sure/waiting to see, please take a moment to indicate this on the poll. I'm hoping for at least 4-5 people for the interested section. I know two people who are interested atm (Jen and Eli), so we need at least 2 or more.

If you're interested in judging instead of participating, shoot me a message. You don't need to understand or play games to judge!

@Penguinwa101 @BobSkellington @Kelebek @Meeshelby @abelhinha35 @chellemh29 @NShippudenFan @Jendowoz0612 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @AshLenn @MissBirdie @kittymeow @alexis3142 @psykt @kyky @fabtiffsim @jpikman @Movotti @MizoreYukii @wbombje @ArtsyAmy @BeechNutBaby @ColorMePink @Socallucyfan @JoeJoe11 @heather1306 @JennaCatz @Klept0maniac94 @lisabee2 @wiredhanna67 @Rawla @Aestas @annathefantabulous @Skyler1802 @Anduar @SimlishPopstar
  • Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    Thanks Miz for the tag........I would be horrible at this........NO Clue about "Games" except Sims LOLLLLLLLLLLLL
  • Options
    ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    I voted. <3 I don't feel comfortable enough to compete using S4 (especially for this comp with scenes, etc.). I would've happily jumped all over it in Sims 3, but I removed that version from my pc and deleted all my mods on purpose so that I wouldn't tempt myself to use it. :s

I would be interested in judging if you want me to. I really hate I deleted all my files!
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
  • Options
    @MizoreYukii

Voted love the sound of this, Mizzie, but you knew that. :)

• Options
    gramatiquegramatique Posts: 526 Member
    I have been waiting for this! I would definitely join, time permitting. ^_^
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I have decided to launch my "Fashion Time Warp" Competition on Thursday 13th @MizoreYukii as my mum's hubby passed away a few days ago and I will be staying with my mum for a few days so if I launch it then, that will give people time to continue to reserve and start getting in their applications, so the timing is fine. Oh and added, @GITTE2001 to the tag list as I noticed she/he is in face off and I hadn't seen that name before. I will have my tablet with me so will be able to respond to messages.
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• Options
    @ArtsyAmy You didn't have to delete it!! xD Did you at least make a backup? But thank you for the offer though! That's one judge already. =D Woot!

@Jendowoz0612 I'm sorry for your loss. :(
    Gitte is not new, she's a previous model. I believe she left a few months before you joined.

Okay, posting the results now. Including Jen's vote, we have 5 people interested, and including Eli that's 6. We have 8 people on the fence though, so hopefully once it is up it will entice them!
    iisKmqF.png