Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Face Off Cycle 9 - Assignment 4 judging in progress - ASSIGNMENT 5 POSTED

BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
edited August 2017 in The Sims 4 Sims and Modeling
sSxgWzt.png

This cycle has been in the making for a LONG time - even before the completion of cycle 8! I have been so impressed with the stellar work I've seen in previous cycles, and I have always wanted to create a cycle centered around some of the best photos this competition has produced.
Thus, I give you the theme All Stars.

Every assignment will be pulled from the previous cycles (mostly cycles 6-8 since most of the earlier cycles have disappeared or were hosted on another forum). Every assignment will feature an example of my personal favorites from the first time the assignment was given. You'll see work from such all stars as @xJojox @Rinxes @IceTigers21 @Tacha75 and @cheerio517 !!

For those who are new to this competition, this competition is a headshot competition - which means photos will center around the upper portion of your model. Your photos will sometimes go as low as a waist-up shot and get as close as a super-close headshot. They will vary depending on the assignment.

Face Off is a great competition that takes the simplicity of a headshot and pushes your creativity to expand upon the style and make it your own. You will be tasked with making creative and fun fashion headshots each round, with minimal requirements.

9Cc5Flg.png
No negativity, this includes belittling yourself
No copying and No Fighting
Editing is recommended, but not required
You may draw your own clothing, hair and objects
Extensions granted to the person asking if asked 24 hours before deadline
Assignments last 7-10 days depending on my schedule
2 Day extensions MAX - I will be sticking to this requirement this cycle.
No editing submissions once you've posted them to the forum
Have fun!!

Ok2zsAy.png
xde8oQX.png

NEEDS TO CHECK IN
Kyky & Elise Linh Q
Penguin & Olivia Marsh
NShipp & Christa Phelps
Abel & Jolene
Anna & Naomi
Tonya & Jewel Fox
ArtsyAmy & Tianna
Vid & Nicole Riley

CHECKED IN

ASSIGNMENT SUBMITTED

EXTENSIONS GRANTED

PBqhQM7.png
X5D6FJY.pngFhXjCXo.png
6rj4Q13.png
Post edited by BeechNutBaby on

Comments

• BeechNutBabyBeechNutBaby Posts: 14,439 Member
    edited August 2017
    Gzltxgg.png

ASSIGNMENT 5: STEAMPUNK

I have a special love for Steampunk. It's one of the coolest genres (and very underrated) for novels and it has a fascinating fashion theme. I really love it. Now, for you all - you'll be creating a headshot that is completely Steampunk. Think bronze, browns, golds, metal, clocks, cogs, corsets, etc.

This one will be cropped a bit more generously too - all the way down to the hips. Good luck!

REQUIREMENTS
    ONE PHOTO
    NO LOWER THAN THE HIPS
    HIGH FASHION
    STEAMPINK

EXAMPLE: BY ICETIGERS
    C2JaykK.jpg
    DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 4TH

ASSIGNMENT 4: MYSTICAL

What fabulous work from assignment 3! Keep up the excellent work!

This assignment is meant to be pretty open to interpretation. You are creating a headshot that is super close and gives us a mystical vibe. That means that we want to see magic and get a magical vibe from your person. However you choose to portray that is up to you. You could also choose a darker type of mysticism or keep it lighthearted and enchanting.

SUPER CLOSE HEADSHOT - but we also want to see a MYSTICAL background!!

Please read the requirements carefully. I usually specify the kind of headshot I want as well as any other items that my not show up in the description!

REQUIREMENTS
    ONE PHOTO
    SUPER CLOSE HEADSHOT
    HIGH FASHION
    MYSTICAL VIBE

EXAMPLE: BY RINXES
    0vwxpyr.jpg
    DEADLINE: AUGUST 17TH

Ukccvf5.png
    This competition runs with NO scoring rubric. It goes based off of a mathematical ranking system between the judges. So you will not see a scoring rubric, but rather comments from the judges and your final rank will be listed in a secret surprise slideshow!

How Do Eliminations Work?
    Good question! There is a bottom 3 every round (beginning with round 2) and ANY of the three contestants can be eliminated. They are listed in no particular order and the eliminated model is announced at the end of the slideshow - so watch to the end!

Judges Will Talk to Your Models, NOT YOU!
    Yep, when we give comments, we give them as if your model were a living person standing right in front of us! All comments made will be directed at your model. You, as his/her creator, will be considered your model's "team". So if we discuss lighting or makeup, you will see things like "set designer" and "makeup artist"!

EzBCVVO.png
    *click on each image icon to see its full size

xMfktrt.png gKRlcEs.png 5HUCrOj.png

44RDDAd.png d44keO7.png 1Mb2CHw.png KGHB3PO.png

HAfnjtq.pngDVUc8jt.png hdPsto0.png
    6rj4Q13.png
    edited August 2017
    fNMEEjA.png

FIRST, SOME WORDS FROM BEECH:

Sorry for the delay! I'm happy to say that this was a STELLAR round of photos! I loved them all!

Since we had one drop, no one else was eliminated!

In regards to judging and the slideshow...

This is a reminder that judges are human and make mistakes. @xJojox and I take judging seriously and love helping people learn and get better at creating photos.

Your comments are listed in alphabetical order based on your simming username. You will want to watch the entire slideshow to find out what place you got.

Once we start eliminations, there will be a bottom 3 that is shown in random order and ANYONE who is in the bottom 3 is at risk for being eliminated. So you must watch the entire thing in order to know whether or not you may have been eliminated.

rT5xsE8.png
    If the button doesn't work, CLICK HERE.
    If the slideshow won't play for you, try THIS LINK.
    6rj4Q13.png
    edited July 2017

This is considered a "preview" and sign up for the competition because I have given an extended deadline for the first assignment. I am going on a trip July 15th and will want to get this thing started beforehand, HOWEVER If we do not have any interest before I leave, the deadline will be postponed until I return on the 23rd.

So please be aware of that when you sign up! I hope that you are all as excited for this as I am!

The deadline for this first assignment is going to be the 12th, please make sure you get it in by then.
    6rj4Q13.png
  • SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    I want to partake in this, but I seriously don't think I have capacity to do two at the same time sadly. :(
    I'll consider possibly getting something ready however. This section of the community is actually quite fun!
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I have no poses and I can't do editing to save my life, but I will lurk and cheer you all on from the sidelines. :D Thanks for the tag @MizoreYukii
  • xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    ... how i love face off :( myb cycle 11 or sumthn might bring me out of retirement.
  • kykykyky Posts: 241 Member
    i will "revenge" this cycle xD reserve me pls @BeechNutBaby
    kNl6pO8.png
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    O... m...GGGGGGG! EVEN though im in 2 comps and hosting a new one... dare I? Idk every time I get further and further to the finals... you know what... RESERVE!!!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    OMGOSHHHHHHHH Face OFF............. Cycle 9 IS THIS STILL OPEN??????????? I SO WANT TO RESERVE IF SO THIS IS MY FAVOURITE COMP!!!!!!!! PLEASE @BeechNutBaby :o:o:*:*<3
  • ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    Ehhhhhhh...I'm tempted. Nicole would really like to redeem herself. Alysha wouldn't mind coming out to play either. Ughhh noooo! You won't tempt me. Not again. *runs out of thread* :tired_face:
    edited July 2017
    OMGOSHHHHHHHH You would be a "PERFECT" Judge for this if Beech needs one............JUS Sayin.............. :o<3@ColorMePink ;) I am Redeeming myself............May not make it FAR...........but I LOVE THIS COMP!!!!!!!!!!! <3@BeechNutBaby WILL have my APP UP VERY SOON !!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO <3 WHAT an HONOUR for @xJojox to her her GORGEOUS EDIT as the EXAMPLE.............She will LOVE THAT........ <3 and What a GREAT IDEA to do it with the ALL STARS!!!!!! <3
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member

I would adore trying this but I will be gone off earlier than I anticipated (just lost my BIL today .. so we have to go do his funeral and then retrun to go off on holiday) .. TY for thinking of me <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Reserve me please :)
    edited July 2017
    SO Happy your joining @MizoreYukii
    I HAVE Missed your GORGEOUS Edits!!!!!!! @lisabee2 Take care of yourself........Much Love <3 YAYYYYYYYY @abelhinha35 Can't wait to see your EDITS <3
  • Skyler1802Skyler1802 Posts: 82 Member
    I'm not really sure what this is, it sounds a bit scary and advanced....

So reserve me please! I like a little challenge.
    Hey, check out my new simblr! : http://keepinitsimsple.tumblr.com/
  • ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    @BeechNutBaby Another temptation... :* I am torn. I will be checking to see if I can join. I don't think I'd last long using S4. LOL :D But, it sounds very interesting! B)
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
    @MizoreYukii Yaya! I'm getting tagged again...thanks for the tag! ;) (It's great to be back)
    LCTYbER.gif

• JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Gah! Love Face Off, but think it may be too soon for me inspiration wise since last cycle to do well! Face Off Cycle 10, i'm there.
    c0Ixg8O.png
    @MizoreYukii :: LMAO :D:D:D You got it babe!

@SimlishPopstar :: I'd love to have you - just based off of your headshot and first assignment from S&S I'm impressed and think you could totally rock this one!

@Rawla :: Awee! You could do it :)<3

@xJojox :: I'm using a lot of your photos as examples because I knew you'd be taking a break :D I hope the next cycle or the following pulls you out of retirement <3

@kyky :: Yess! You got it!

@Penguinwa101 :: You're on the list - love having you back <3

@TEXASTWANGTONYA :: Added your name to the reserve list :):)

@ColorMePink :: What's that? You want to reserve? Okay, you're on the list :D:D:D

@lisabee2 :: My condolences, love <3

@abelhinha35 :: You're on the list darling!

@Skyler1802 :: You totally could rock this - it's a fun headshot competition, trust me! I've seen some people SHINE in this competition when they thought they wouldn't <3

@ArtsyAmy :: I'd love to have you <3

@JoeJoe11 :: No worries, dear! You were just in the last one, so it's all good!...you could help me judge :wink:
    6rj4Q13.png
  • annathefantabulousannathefantabulous Posts: 200 Member
    @BeechNutBaby Oop, count me in! Thank you @MizoreYukii for the tag haha. Not sure if I can get a headshot in today, so save me a spot for now and I'll get it to you ASAP. :)
    @BeechNutBaby Okay, reserve me please. If I can pull off the first assignment I'll post. Let me see what I can do..... :)
    LCTYbER.gif

@annathefantabulous :: You got it!

@ArtsyAmy :: Will do!
    6rj4Q13.png
  • annathefantabulousannathefantabulous Posts: 200 Member
    edited July 2017
    EDIT: Just check the new post, this one got messed up cause of member status. Can't figure how to delete this so just ignore haha
    Post edited by annathefantabulous on
  • AnduarAnduar Posts: 156 Member
    Hmm, i'm interested in joining, but i'm not sure how much work the other two comps will need, since I haven't done any before?
    But can i reserve a spot, just in case, if you don't mind?