Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Τhe Winderburg world looks like the old scrapped world..

John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
Seeing some pics, I think the ''Winderburg'' world looks like the old ''scrapped sims 4 world'' from an earlier version of the sims 4 . A simmer asked graham nardone about this world: 5ogm7t.png... Now seeing some new images about the new world I think it looks like that old world.. I dont think they edit it or something like that I think it is a all new world but I think they inspired from some concept arts of this world. What do you think? :)

ftoar5.jpg
jl2khl.jpg
2vboo7b.jpg
xyIcMqt.png
Post edited by John_Salonica on

Comments

• Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Unfortunately, it probably won't matter. If you go by previous packs, all of that will be background scenery you can only look at and not get to. The playable world will look exactly the same as what we already have.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    Looks the same to me.
    Lots of pretend effort on their part.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Options
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it probably won't matter. If you go by previous packs, all of that will be background scenery you can only look at and not get to. The playable world will look exactly the same as what we already have.
    :(:(
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    LuckyPalms992LuckyPalms992 Posts: 55 Member
    It's the scraps they had left from their social base game.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Oh great another reason to show how EA is lazy :/
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    They just reused all the world decor and prolly remade the world to suit what they wanted to accomplish for this EP. Some artist was paid to create all that 3D decor meshes and textures they're not gonna waste it all. I'm just hoping cars/transportation are part of this game since it's a mess of stuff together from various EP's over the years. Not *ONE* thing was new to the series at all.

Still hoping on toddlers. So far, it looks like a GP. There's gotta be something big, a main feature.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    Atleast it has a beach and ocean.
  • Options
    Atleast it has a beach and ocean.
    Yes I really like it has a beach
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Why isn't it a city? Who clubs in a grandma storybook looking town? Lame.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Wow? Nothing says 'hey, let's get together and party down' quite like a quaint Tudor village. This pack, at the very least, needed a new world which is suitable for all the new types of clubs and bars, I don't know, maybe more urban? A city perhaps? So odd.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    meeoun wrote: »

I plum near spit out my green tea!! Don't lol-surprise me like that!! :D:D
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    I like the town, I'm glad they "remade" it :) But I would much prefer a city world with this pack :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    meeoun wrote: »

I plum near spit out my green tea!! Don't lol-surprise me like that!! :D:D

Lol sorry. But seriously. This is ridiculous. I suppose we should be grateful its not:
    Sims: Get To Farming
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Wow? Nothing says 'hey, let's get together and party down' quite like a quaint Tudor village. .

I had to LOL this.
    Also, if that's the same world they apparently "scrapped" and it looks very similar, then... that's just awful. Recycling scrapped content. I suppose that what Sims fans are worth to EA.

"Yeah, go ahead and sell 'em that scrapped content we once had - they wont know they difference, and they'll pay for anything with the Sims lable!"

Ugh.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I like the town, I'm glad they "remade" it :) But I would much prefer a city world with this pack :p
    I like the town and I didn't want a city. I actually feel almost like I won the lottery.
  • Options
    KyebKyeb Posts: 27 New Member
    Yup, the whole EP kind of gives of a "bits of scraps " vibe all pieced together.
  • Options
    barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    Kyeb wrote: »
    Yup, the whole EP kind of gives of a "bits of scraps " vibe all pieced together.

So I hope you don't buy! :D

I was hopping to see something like this. That concept was finished whey would show it soon or later. I really like it. I wish they extend the existing worlds too... place more lots on Willow creek and etc.
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Me too, but I like the concept, I guess people that do not live on skyscrapers cities have clubs too, right?

fB7mWIn.gif
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Is there any information on this world? Is it like Granite Falls where you can only visit or is it like Magnolia Promenade where you can live?
    How many lots all together? New lot designations?

I am going to guess you can only visit there.
  • Options
    KyebKyeb Posts: 27 New Member
    > @barraakeno said:
    > Kyeb wrote: »
    >
    > Yup, the whole EP kind of gives of a "bits of scraps " vibe all pieced together.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > So I hope you don't buy! :D
    >
    > I was hopping to see something like this. That concept was finished whey would show it soon or later. I really like it. I wish they extend the existing worlds too... place more lots on Willow creek and etc.

Don't get me wrong it looks okay, it just doesn't look like its going to be worth the full price tag.
  • Options
    Kyeb wrote: »
    > @barraakeno said:
    >
    > Yup, the whole EP kind of gives of a "bits of scraps " vibe all pieced together.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > So I hope you don't buy! :D
    >
    > I was hopping to see something like this. That concept was finished whey would show it soon or later. I really like it. I wish they extend the existing worlds too... place more lots on Willow creek and etc.

Don't get me wrong it looks okay, it just doesn't look like its going to be worth the full price tag.

well, I regret myself from buying TS3 generations. I really hated that. I do not even install that when I play TS3. I do understand you, but it's too soon to assume anything about the EP. About the new "world" they had a concept, why they shouldn't use that? They just put it aside and then started working with it again. When you works with production, you can NEVER throw away anything, because it could be handy or useful in a future time. (

fB7mWIn.gif
  • Options
    Mati22Mati22 Posts: 88 Member
    > @barraakeno said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > well, I regret myself from buying TS3 generations. I really hated that. I do not even install that when I play TS3. I do understand you, but it's too soon to assume anything about the EP. About the new "world" they had a concept, why they shouldn't use that? They just put it aside and then started working with it again. When you works with production, you can NEVER throw away anything, because it could be handy or useful in a future time. (

Yes they had a concept, so maybe instead of trying to sell a scrapped content they should to give it away for free? This town was meant to be in the base game and now they are trying to sell it with a price tag of full EP. It is disrespectful and rude. Why couldn't they come up with something new?
    RIP The Sims 2000-2015 :'(
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    I think the town goes well with the theme, since I think this EP is partially going to be about romance and about getting together in the romantic kind of way. And I don't know what is wrong with using the town just because it was in the old concept art. It's beautiful and it would be a shame not to use it!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    So now they are recycling worlds?

What happened to those rich (and open) worlds we got in TS3, each with its own personality and back story and space to move your Sims and many cool premades and life states?

Oh, what happened to the CAW tool where you could make your own rich (and open) worlds?

This is just beyond comprehension now
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    They were probably like "wait, that looks too good for the base game.... let's cut out some interactions and activities and see if people will accept it as a whole EP"!