Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Τhe Winderburg world looks like the old scrapped world..

Comments

• Options
    barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    Mati22 wrote: »
    > @barraakeno said:
    > Kyeb wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > well, I regret myself from buying TS3 generations. I really hated that. I do not even install that when I play TS3. I do understand you, but it's too soon to assume anything about the EP. About the new "world" they had a concept, why they shouldn't use that? They just put it aside and then started working with it again. When you works with production, you can NEVER throw away anything, because it could be handy or useful in a future time. (

Yes they had a concept, so maybe instead of trying to sell a scrapped content they should to give it away for free? This town was meant to be in the base game and now they are trying to sell it with a price tag of full EP. It is disrespectful and rude. Why couldn't they come up with something new?

This is not the way it rolls. Just because they showed it should be free? There's no sense, is there? This town was not in the base game, but Willow creek, oasis springs and (now) newcreast are in the main game. They are not selling the town, they are selling an EP that happens to features a town with this specific theme (european) that they already had ready to go.
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    So now they are recycling worlds?

What happened to those rich (and open) worlds we got in TS3, each with its own personality and back story and space to move your Sims and many cool premades and life states?

Oh, what happened to the CAW tool where you could make your own rich (and open) worlds?

This is just beyond comprehension now

How can they recycle something that wasn't released?
    They just scrapped the concept for the base game, and waited for a better time to use it.

I mean the world that came with Showtime was literally a remodel of Sunset Valley yet no one complained.

That said the game does need a CAW and this EP content has disappointed me. But the world is literally perfect.
  • Options
    KyebKyeb Posts: 27 New Member
    > @barraakeno said:
    > Kyeb wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > well, I regret myself from buying TS3 generations. I really hated that. I do not even install that when I play TS3. I do understand you, but it's too soon to assume anything about the EP. About the new "world" they had a concept, why they shouldn't use that? They just put it aside and then started working with it again. When you works with production, you can NEVER throw away anything, because it could be handy or useful in a future time. (

I know it's took soon to judge, but when they are mentioning on the blog about football tables and walk-in wardrobes as new features for the game, it's like where is the actual meat? Is making clubs suppose to be the big selling point? I'm just confused as to whats suppose to be the big game play draw. As I said it looks okay just not worth the full price tag. Will probably get it at half price. Also as somebody else mentioned, this world was suppose to be in the base game. Kind of seems like they haven't really put much effort into the EP. For the record to I actually like Sims 4, so I'm not trying to hate or anything.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

What happened to those rich (and open) worlds we got in TS3, each with its own personality and back story and space to move your Sims and many cool premades and life states?

Oh, what happened to the CAW tool where you could make your own rich (and open) worlds?

They just scrapped the concept for the base game, and waited for a better time to use it.

I mean the world that came with Showtime was literally a remodel of Sunset Valley yet no one complained.

That said the game does need a CAW and this EP content has disappointed me. But the world is literally perfect.

I will agree, it is about time that there was at least a CAW. If they can't appeal to family players then at least give the builders something, not just a world to build on but a program to build their own worlds from scratch that me and thousands of other players have been doing for the past 5 and half years!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Mati22Mati22 Posts: 88 Member
    > @king_of_simcity7 said:
    > So now they are recycling worlds?
    >
    > What happened to those rich (and open) worlds we got in TS3, each with its own personality and back story and space to move your Sims and many cool premades and life states?
    >
    > Oh, what happened to the CAW tool where you could make your own rich (and open) worlds?
    >
    > This is just beyond comprehension now

This. I am very upset about the fact that in the past we had a lot of beautiful worlds who were made specifically for the theme of the EP (unless they were sold separately in the store). They were full of interesting pre made sims which in my opinion enriched the game. Wunderburg is definitely beautiful but it should not be in this pack - it should have been in the base game because it was made to be put into base game. It doesn't suit the party theme at all tbh. If somebody decided to remove Verona from the Sims 2 and sell it in Nightlife, it would be equally ridiculous.

I don't even expect to find some interesting sims in this town. Considering what they have done to Goths, Caliente and Landgraabs (sorry but I don't like the lazy explanation that the timeline of TS4 happens in of alternative universe - e.g. it was fun in TS2 and TS3 to look for clues that suggest what happende to Bella. But now? The families do not have any history at all)
    RIP The Sims 2000-2015 :'(
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

It's recycled because the time and money spent to develop themes for this world came from the base game. So it is recycled content regardless if it was released or not.

I am also very disappointed with the content this pack is set to add. More partying? Couldn't they have at least developed a world that matches the partying themes? I mean look at all of the technology, and Urban looking sims in this village town. Seems like they needed a new world so they dug what they could out of the trash.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Mati22 wrote: »
    > @king_of_simcity7 said:
    > So now they are recycling worlds?
    >
    > What happened to those rich (and open) worlds we got in TS3, each with its own personality and back story and space to move your Sims and many cool premades and life states?
    >
    > Oh, what happened to the CAW tool where you could make your own rich (and open) worlds?
    >
    > This is just beyond comprehension now

This. I am very upset about the fact that in the past we had a lot of beautiful worlds who were made specifically for the theme of the EP (unless they were sold separately in the store). They were full of interesting pre made sims which in my opinion enriched the game. Wunderburg is definitely beautiful but it should not be in this pack - it should have been in the base game because it was made to be put into base game. It doesn't suit the party theme at all tbh. If somebody decided to remove Verona from the Sims 2 and sell it in Nightlife, it would be equally ridiculous.

I don't even expect to find some interesting sims in this town. Considering what they have done to Goths, Caliente and Landgraabs (sorry but I don't like the lazy explanation that the timeline of TS4 happens in of alternative universe - e.g. it was fun in TS2 and TS3 to look for clues that suggest what happende to Bella. But now? The families do not have any history at all)

Well said! :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    Guys, I dont think they ''recycle'' this world.. I think they just inspired from this world an make a new world. But I really dont care. I am happy this expansion will come with a nice world and an island and I think it would be bigger and better than ''Magnolia Promenade'' :)
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Mati22Mati22 Posts: 88 Member
    > @barraakeno said:
    > Mati22 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This is not the way it rolls. Just because they showed it should be free? There's no sense, is there? This town was not in the base game, but Willow creek, oasis springs and (now) newcreast are in the main game. They are not selling the town, they are selling an EP that happens to features a town with this specific theme (european) that they already had ready to go.

If they made it before, it means that they INTENDED to add it to the base game. So why have they removed it? Why have they removed content, if they claimed that they dropped toddlers, swimming pools, etc. to focus on other things? What are the other things then? Emotions (the game is so full of emotions that my sim did not even react when her partner was cheating in front of her) Do you think it is respectful to remove content from base game just to sell it at a full price as a main feature of an EP. What if they decided to sell Verona in Nightlife, would that be understandable? I could understand if they put it just as second town in this EP, just as additional feature (while the main feature would be a big city). But current situation is a joke. They do not even bother to create a new town.

This town doesn't even suit the theme of the pack (I assume it is partying). European towns are not exactly place where people usually party (maybe with few exceptions, such as Town of Ibiza) . If somebody wants to party they go to a big city, such as London. Adding a beautiful German-looking town (even excluding the fact that it was scrapped from the base game) out of the blue is very odd in my opinion.
    RIP The Sims 2000-2015 :'(
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,014 Member
    I haven't seen the trailer, just some pictures that someone posted, but I loved Verona or Veronaville in the sims 2. The pictures I saw looked kind of reminiscent to sidewalk cafe's, in France, or Venice. I did notice a game table, DJ stuff and a bonfire...... I hope it has a lot of more interactive stuff. It also looks like people are wading or swimming in ponds.This is the first day of gamescom..... Is everything big released on the first day?
    And yes I want toddlers, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy all the other stuff until they get here. I do hope they have included restaraunts with waiters/waitresses..
  • Options
    naughtygwennynaughtygwenny Posts: 171 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    meeoun wrote: »
    Why isn't it a city? Who clubs in a grandma storybook looking town? Lame.

I plum near spit out my green tea!! Don't lol-surprise me like that!! :D:D

Lol sorry. But seriously. This is ridiculous. I suppose we should be grateful its not:
    Sims: Get To Farming

Hey I want a farming EP lol
  • Options
    Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    I would take a farming ep too. That would be game play and something to do :)
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    UPDATE : The Sims Supply ask the gurus about that here you can see an official word : https://youtu.be/FjvoWZvHpKs?t=4m43s
    Post edited by John_Salonica on
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

How about stop jumping to such conclusions.

The worlds before didn't had any sort of setup they were just tiny bits to experiment on the game setup. This world was mostly a concept and nothing finished. Just because the style is the same and the concept inspiration is very similar doesn't make it recycled.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    So you only call it a scrapped world because we've had a sneak peak from it before?
    What difference will it make in game for you, whether you've had a glimpse of it before or not? It's all going to be new content when it released, no matter if its today, tomorrow or five years from now.
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    It's not recycled because it wasn't trash to begin with. It was a project, an idea. Now they've finally worked on it.
    I suggest you all to watch that interview posted above, so that you can at least hear it from people who know what they're talking about.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    It's not recycled because it wasn't trash to begin with. It was a project, an idea. Now they've finally worked on it.
    I suggest you all to watch that interview posted above, so that you can at least hear it from people who know what they're talking about.

This is what I said in this thread but people believe they recycle it.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    NOOOO it does not look like the old scrapped world. It is the same world.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member

This is what I said in this thread but people believe they recycle it.

It's ok, they're free to think what they want :) ... I, on the other hand, am so glad the devs decided to use this world, I would have cried knowing they had something like this in their projects and never used it.
    Some people love to hold onto the idea that TS4 was born out of boredom and lazyness, and we can't change that.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    They talk about this in the latest interview by The Sim Supply. I'm not certain if it was SimGuruRachael, or SimGuruLyndsay that said this. Yes Windenburg was one of the worlds from the Sims 4 concept art works. One of the SimGurus in the interview went on to say that they wanted to do a world like this, but they didn't know what to do with it. So it was put on hold until now, but it was never scrapped. It was also commented that Windenburg is like Veronaville from Sims 2. :)
  • Options
    NOOOO it does not look like the old scrapped world. It is the same world.

No its not. Seing some pictures from the creators camp you can see it is a diferrent world. The concept look like this but it is just a concept
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    I'm not certain until I check, but I think there's a concept art work of Windenburg in my little book of Sims 4 Concept Art Work as well. So I know that it's not a scrapped world, it was just a world that got put on hold right from the start. Another proof that Windenburg was not scrapped was the fact that the SimGurus that were doing the interview didn't not say that Windenburg got scrapped. :|
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited August 2015
    Yup. This is what it looked like during the development stages. I would assume that this is way back from 2012 to early 2013.

DOluJBD.png

tumblr_nb6hg0KTxX1sh6xelo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nb6hg0KTxX1sh6xelo4_540.jpg

tumblr_nb6hg0KTxX1sh6xelo2_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_nb65494dCS1s4yqel.png
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    Yup. This is what it looked like during the development stages. I would assume that this is way back from 2012 to early 2013.

DOluJBD.png

tumblr_nb6hg0KTxX1sh6xelo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nb6hg0KTxX1sh6xelo4_540.jpg

tumblr_nb6hg0KTxX1sh6xelo2_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_nb65494dCS1s4yqel.png
    That looks so much like Dragon Valley to me. It even has that same dim look to it. But this, I would say that it probably was a concept idea for Windenburg. :)

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    I'm glad they revived the scrapped world :) I recall lots of Simmers saying they really wanted this world.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.