March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best idea for the basement

Comments

• ZombifiedDeathEaterZombifiedDeathEater Posts: 558 Member
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    This is also nice because I love to build homes that I have lived in. The home I live in now has a yard that slants down in the back, so the front of the house in on the ground floor, and the back of the house is really on a second floor. (Did I explain that well?) I have a nice, walk-out basement down there, and a deck off the living room up here. I could not find a way to do that because I could not figure out how to pull the ground in TS4. I was going to make my 'basement' the first floor, and the main floor the second floor and just pull the ground up so that the second floor was the first floor in the front. (I really feel I am not explaining this well!) Well, with basements added I still cannot pull at the ground, but I suppose there is no reason I could not take this type of style and just make that entryway larger to make it seem like it is the ground down there. (Grr! I suck at explaining! Maybe I will just try it and post a pic.)

You're fine! :) Nice ideas btw. Love the fact that you recreate your homes you've Personally lived in the past, amd incorporate those builds into your Sims worlds! That's nifty.

Did you mean that you wanted to extend the under ground stairwell part near the doorway? For instance the entrance is too narrow, and you'd like to widen it a bit more? Because if so.. did you Know that you could effectively Delete the entire 'Ceiling' (Ground floor) grass patch /dirt etc. So that you can fully Show the ground underneath? IF that's what's you meant And is what you wanted to achieve. I'd love to see your pics when you get around to taking some! :)
    I melt when I begin to dream
    Silhouette of touching colours
    Sparking energy in azure skies
    Beneath silvery pale moonlight
    Painting with mesmerizing eyes
    Blur between the silent screams
    Memories take form, dancing to life
    Mournful tears, haunting waking dreams

wolf_howling_at_moon.jpg
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

Did you mean that you wanted to extend the under ground stairwell part near the doorway? For instance the entrance is too narrow, and you'd like to widen it a bit more? Because if so.. did you Know that you could effectively Delete the entire 'Ceiling' (Ground floor) grass patch /dirt etc. So that you can fully Show the ground underneath? IF that's what's you meant And is what you wanted to achieve. I'd love to see your pics when you get around to taking some! :)

Exactly. I would make that entryway area stretch the entire length of the back of the house, and then either make a wide set of stairs across the entire thing, or, if that takes up too much space, maybe just put stairs back up either side of the house to simulate the hill going back up to the front of the house. Are there half walls yet? I could try to create my deck off the living room by making an open type 'room' over the open basement yard. I should be able to cover the basement yard with something that looks like grass or plants. I might be able to pull this off!
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • ZombifiedDeathEaterZombifiedDeathEater Posts: 558 Member
    edited March 2015
    Piperbird1 wrote: »

Exactly. I would make that entryway area stretch the entire length of the back of the house, and then either make a wide set of stairs across the entire thing, or, if that takes up too much space, maybe just put stairs back up either side of the house to simulate the hill going back up to the front of the house. Are there half walls yet? I could try to create my deck off the living room by making an open type 'room' over the open basement yard. I should be able to cover the basement yard with something that looks like grass or plants. I might be able to pull this off!

Oooo sounds Great! Look forward to seeing what you come up with @Piperbird1! !
    :)
    I melt when I begin to dream
    Silhouette of touching colours
    Sparking energy in azure skies
    Beneath silvery pale moonlight
    Painting with mesmerizing eyes
    Blur between the silent screams
    Memories take form, dancing to life
    Mournful tears, haunting waking dreams

wolf_howling_at_moon.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,216 Member
    Okay, now I feel as dumb as a brick. I have checked build mode for this alleged basement tool, and I can't find it to save my life! Help! Would someone please point me in the right direction, where do I look? Thank you, in advance. :D
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    Okay, now I feel as dumb as a brick. I have checked build mode for this alleged basement tool, and I can't find it to save my life! Help! Would someone please point me in the right direction, where do I look? Thank you, in advance. :D

Click on the walls section and look for the room that has brick walls and stairs, should be the 3rd one.
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »
    wvYW3m0.jpg
    This is so awesome! I will definitely be incorporating this idea into one of my builds!! <3 So happy I found this thread ;)
    candace92 wrote: »
    9lx7bKK.png
    @candace92 This is so awesome! Love the modern look and gives me lots of ideas for building!!
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I did something similar with a house I built for my future aliens.

9lx7bKK.png

There's a little bedroom suite with windows into the pool, and a tunnel that goes to the rocket.

More pics please
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,216 Member
    Thank you, cale2003, for the response.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    If anyone succeeds in recreating this, can you upload it to the gallery? I can't quite configure it and need a template (lol). Thanks!
    edited March 2015
    @qrlcode There's a great guide for building basements on SimsVIP you may find helpful:

Sims 4 Basements Guide
    ....simsvip.com/2015/03/28/the-sims-4-basements-guide/

Sims 4 Building Guide - All Topics
    ....simsvip.com/the-sims-4-building-guide/
  • qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    Thanks @RachelRosebud. I've been having tons of fun building basements but I'll try out one of those lofts. I still want the outside stairs like in this thread though. :smile:
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I did it! Whoever thought of this idea was a genius...

j9B8Jun.jpg
    MOPWLbm.jpg
    8XwYjXx.png

• whitneyngwhitneyng Posts: 574 Member
    I saw this today, I'm in love with it wvYW3m0.jpg. Now we just need lockable doors to have a rental type situation... and the ability to post rental ads and rent to other sims :)

What are you guys doing with your new basements????

I love this idea! Reminds me town houses.
    I did something similar with a house I built for my future aliens.

9lx7bKK.png

There's a little bedroom suite with windows into the pool, and a tunnel that goes to the rocket.

I love it... it looks like a hotel!
    @agent_bev Lovely design! Love the downstairs mini-apartment.
    How do you delete the grass so its not a ceiling???
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
  • xdawnxxdawnx Posts: 81 Member
    i love these ideas, soo going on my sims right now to try and create!!
    Look for my lot creations on the gallery luckylady88 ;)
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 905 Member
    I did it! Whoever thought of this idea was a genius...

j9B8Jun.jpg
    MOPWLbm.jpg
    8XwYjXx.png

Absolutely adorable! I love how you made the outdoors be outdoors... if that makes sense. lol
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
    edited March 2015
    cale2003 wrote: »

@cale2003 Read here:
    simsvip.com/2015/03/28/the-sims-4-basements-guide/
    Copied from link above:

Open Basements

If you would like have an open pit on your lot (and, let’s face it, who wouldn’t?) you can do this by removing the ceiling of your basement. To remove the basement ceiling follow these steps:

1) Draw a basement

2) Make sure the basement is selected/highlighted as shown

3) Hit Page Up or use the in game control to go up a level

4) You will see the outline of the basement. Click on the thick yellow line and remove the ceiling.

5) You now have an open basement. Add stairs and you are good to go.
  • whitneyngwhitneyng Posts: 574 Member

@cale2003 Read here:
    Copied from link above:

Open Basements

If you would like have an open pit on your lot (and, let’s face it, who wouldn’t?) you can do this by removing the ceiling of your basement. To remove the basement ceiling follow these steps:

1) Draw a basement

4) You will see the outline of the basement. Click on the thick yellow line and remove the ceiling.

Thank you!!

@cale2003 Read here:
    Copied from link above:

Open Basements

1) Draw a basement

Thanks am going to try
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png

@cale2003 Read here:
    Copied from link above:

Open Basements

1) Draw a basement

Thanks am going to try

I found that it's best to make that little opening a separate room and just remove the ceiling for that, you get a completely different look if you remove the whole ceiling... which looks pretty cool too btw.

• MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I haven't even built a basement yet... :s
    But there are some great ideas in this thread, so I know what I'll be doing this evening!
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
    It worked thank you
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,514 Member
    I saw this today, I'm in love with it wvYW3m0.jpg. Now we just need lockable doors to have a rental type situation... and the ability to post rental ads and rent to other sims :)

What are you guys doing with your new basements????
    Who made that?

Does anyone have any other ideas for basements? I never really used them in TS3, except on rare occasions as a wine cellar. I guess we could have a cupcake machine cellar :D