Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best idea for the basement

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I was able to add a basement to Parkshore in Willow Creek (the house next door to the Goths) -- I uploaded it as Parkshore Revisited. I shrunk the downstairs bathroom from 3 tiles wide to 2, then was able to squeeze in a stairway between the bathroom and the original stairs going up. I didn't furnish the basement; it can be used for just about anything (I added a room to the side for collectables like insects and frogs.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited March 2015
    I want to thank everyone for sharing their pics, they gave me great ideas for my newest unfurnished starter (Streamlet Family Starter)

02.jpg
    03.jpg

I have a thing for starters, especially what I call mir* starters.
    *mir = move in ready: kitchen - counter(s), stove, fridge; and at least one bathroom - toilet, sink, shower/tub.

I did the stairs through the foundation similarly to how we had to do stairs through foundations in s3.

Ps, I noticed that basement walls can be taller or shorter than the main house walls. B)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    Ok, somehow I've missed it, I guess. But how do I get the ground to delete so that I can put an outside entrance to my basement? I've tried placing walls around it to delete it like you do a floor. But it didn't work.
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Zarriel wrote: »
    Ok, somehow I've missed it, I guess. But how do I get the ground to delete so that I can put an outside entrance to my basement? I've tried placing walls around it to delete it like you do a floor. But it didn't work.
    Here is a video to show how to do it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ7v0OVRJBI
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Thanks so much, Scobre!

Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Thanks so much, Scobre!
    No problem. I'm just happy someone made a video for it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Simmer422Simmer422 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Kinina said:
    > I’ve not much of a builder, but that pic makes me wanna try! Basements came at a very convenient time for me. I recently had triplets (thanks to a particularly most download/favorited sim in the community) and there was no room in the house for anything. Now my triplet boys have basement rooms. Yay!

which Sim is that?
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    And the first thing I built was an underground passage from the main house to the work shed sitting at the other side of the lot, leaving that as the only way to get into the shed. It even helped me figure out how to get stairs down with foundations in place.
    Basements have been the big thing I have missed in 4, and the fact they just appear like a Christmas present just makes me so happy. Seeing so much creativity in this thread adds to my happiness even more. Happy Thread Time! *dancing*
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Love this thread and all the fantastic ideas! Can't wait to try them out, thanks!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    omg that picture is awesome!
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Omg I'm using that idea, I don't know why I haven't thought of that before. Sometimes when I look home designs here in the forums it makes me feel dumb for not exploring my creativity lol
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    And the first thing I built was an underground passage from the main house to the work shed sitting at the other side of the lot, leaving that as the only way to get into the shed. *

A one-floor-only Rapunzel tower! ^_^
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    laydaywaylaydayway Posts: 259 Member
    there are some great ideas
  • Options
    I just remembered, I tried to make Redwall Abbey a while ago. Now I can add the wine cellars! The gatehouse in the corner was the tiny house my Sim was trapped in for the Room Challenge. The Abbey was how I managed to get the Mansion Barron Achievement. But with two levels of basement available, and another floor going up, I might just start a new one from scratch. (Plus, without the restrictions from the Room Challenge I can get actual apple trees, and try to make a better pond.)

10-22-14_7-13nbspPM_zpsf6e0e433.png
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    I just remembered, I tried to make Redwall Abbey a while ago. Now I can add the wine cellars! The gatehouse in the corner was the tiny house my Sim was trapped in for the Room Challenge. The Abbey was how I managed to get the Mansion Barron Achievement. But with two levels of basement available, and another floor going up, I might just start a new one from scratch. (Plus, without the restrictions from the Room Challenge I can get actual apple trees, and try to make a better pond.)

10-22-14_7-13nbspPM_zpsf6e0e433.png

You got me excited for a second.. then I remembered this isn't TS3 anymore and we don't have a WA expansion for nectar making :(

• Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    building a crypt for my dearly departed sims
    screen_shot_2015_03_27_at_6_50_57_pm_by_mperry1995-d8ncqis.png

That's cool...I wish we could put up signs and type what we want on it, so future generations can read about their ancestors!

You can engrave your loved ones urn/headstones. It's almost the same thing. When you mouse over them it says what you typed. :3
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Here's an idea if you have GTW: you could fill your basement with those bubbly tanks. They did say you could put things in there, and that you could make the manequins look like real sims. Soooo... put fake people in the water tanks plus have a couple of cloning machines in the lair, you could totally live out the scenario from the movie The Island.
  • Options
    agent_bev wrote: »

You got me excited for a second.. then I remembered this isn't TS3 anymore and we don't have a WA expansion for nectar making :(

Yeah, it would be nice :(

I really should try to make Redwall Abbey in TS3, I'd probably be able to get it a lot closer. You can't make the Abbey without the wine cellars! ^_^

Honestly, I've not been happy enough with TS4 to purchase the camping pack, and I will not be purchasing GTW, either. They need to add a lot more than basements and fix all the glitches before I can bring myself to spend any more money on this version, even if they did to a WA type pack.
  • Options
    SilverNamaraSilverNamara Posts: 42 Member
    The first thing I did with basements was make a bunker-type house, where there's a small entrance shed that leads into a large house underground.
    Can't wait for lockable doors- four floors up and two down would be great for apartments
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    And the first thing I built was an underground passage from the main house to the work shed sitting at the other side of the lot, leaving that as the only way to get into the shed. *

Even more possible when I get GTW and can add prison bars to the underground corridor, and conceal the main access with a hidden door.
  • Options

Even more possible when I get GTW and can add prison bars to the underground corridor, and conceal the main access with a hidden door.

One of the careers (Writer, maybe?) gives you a really cool door hidden behind a bookcase. That could be nice. :)
  • Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member

Your signature is so relevant to that crypt!
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    melslittleworldmelslittleworld Posts: 399 Member
    I have never been in love with the dark separation of basements so last night I tried something new for me.... I added a "room" one square wide down one wall, sky blue wallpaper and added lights so then in my basement I could add windows and it looked amazing.. right up until I play walls down, then it just looks like a bunch of lights hanging around on the outside of my basement. Hey, at least I tried.
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    That's cool I am going to make a underground club and call it The Dungon after the club in Southampton Inalso have a club called KAOS after the sadly closed club now ( it was. Loses down then some guy baught the property changed the name and reopened it as a gay bar) so that's what I am doing
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    imchloeeee wrote: »

Your signature is so relevant to that crypt!

She inspired it!
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif