Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best idea for the basement

Comments

• Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    candace92 wrote: »
    I did something similar with a house I built for my future aliens.

9lx7bKK.png

There's a little bedroom suite with windows into the pool, and a tunnel that goes to the rocket.

....is the house on the exchange?....
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    edited March 2015

9lx7bKK.png

There's a little bedroom suite with windows into the pool, and a tunnel that goes to the rocket.

Your in-game lighting looks so much better than mine, I really hate that we can't see our sims swimming in the pools except for above ground or wherever the pool starts lol
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    I tried to create a house that was two story in the front and three story in the back with a split level garden. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, i just wish we could modify the terrain so i could have a gentle slope between the two levels

2v3jv5i.png

30adqj6.png
  • Options
    Btw anyone interested in downloading the house just search "Jackos" for Item name in the gallery
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Btw anyone interested in downloading the house just search "Jackos" for Item name in the gallery

It's lovely...I really want true walkout basements now! And we definitely need nectar making back so we can have real cellars... a nice house like that NEEDS a wine cellar :)

• Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I didn't try: can we plant on that basement grass? It did allow me to use trees and landscaping rocks and flowers, but I forgot to try planting in the ground.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    I didn't try: can we plant on that basement grass? It did allow me to use trees and landscaping rocks and flowers, but I forgot to try planting in the ground.

I'm actually not too sure, when I was doing the landscaping I had the bb.moveobjects cheat on
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Hagfisher wrote: »

9lx7bKK.png

....is the house on the exchange?....

No, sorry. It has so much cc lol.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »
    I saw this today, I'm in love with it wvYW3m0.jpg. Now we just need lockable doors to have a rental type situation... and the ability to post rental ads and rent to other sims :)

What are you guys doing with your new basements????

I used this to inspire part of my design of the Belltower Bakery: I added backdoor, outside access to the basement :)

TS4%202015-04-03%2012-18-03-73_zpsfoyr8cfc.jpg

If you'd like to see more of the bakery, I have a video on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/cU_yPx3MSko :)
  • Options
    laurastallaurastal Posts: 76 Member
    > @Turtlez98 said:
    > Oh man, that's so cool! I'm gonna have to steal that idea! :P
    Me too! It's awesome!
    bjUJSvq.png
  • Options
    KininaKinina Posts: 124 Member
    Simmer422 wrote: »
    > @Kinina said:
    > I’ve not much of a builder, but that pic makes me wanna try! Basements came at a very convenient time for me. I recently had triplets (thanks to a particularly most download/favorited sim in the community) and there was no room in the house for anything. Now my triplet boys have basement rooms. Yay!

which Sim is that?

Hayes. Should pop right up when you select 'households - most downloads / favorites'
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Today, Dude dug out a hole beneath his tent to accomodate some much needed room. The family's never been happier.

WallaceBase1.jpg
    WallaceBase2.jpg
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Today, Dude dug out a hole beneath his tent to accomodate some much needed room. The family's never been happier.

WallaceBase1.jpg
    WallaceBase2.jpg
    That is so cool. You built a house tent. Nice job on it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Scobre wrote: »

WallaceBase1.jpg
    WallaceBase2.jpg

Oh sweetie, I have a whole neighbourhood full of them in S2. It's the downtrodden neighbourhood (subhood, to be exact :) ) I have to admit I'm rather proud of his 'fish' pool though. I never did that in S2.
  • Options

WallaceBase1.jpg
    WallaceBase2.jpg

Oh sweetie, I have a whole neighbourhood full of them in S2. It's the downtrodden neighbourhood (subhood, to be exact :) ) I have to admit I'm rather proud of his 'fish' pool though. I never did that in S2.
    That is really cool. Yeah that fish pool is pretty sweet and nice you used the buydebug cheat to get the pond on your lot. I like putting ponds on my lots too. That is a nice basement. It is like the full camping experience there.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited April 2015

WallaceBase1.jpg
    WallaceBase2.jpg

That is really cool. Yeah that fish pool is pretty sweet and nice you used the buydebug cheat to get the pond on your lot. I like putting ponds on my lots too. That is a nice basement. It is like the full camping experience there.

He's a nature guy, married to a geek and has a glutton for a child. OH MY GOD! I will never make a glutton again! :)

Anyhoo. I love it. He loves to fish. He loves it so much, he fashioned a pool after his love. He used to have a couple of outhouses I built on his lot to accomodate his family, but thanks to the day he finally discovered the shovel, he no longer needs them.
  • Options
    RealmOfAJAXRealmOfAJAX Posts: 87 Member
    Put the children down there. Actually I don't know, but It would be a great space for another spare room as you put it. Great idea!
    Origin: RealmOfAJAX
  • Options

WallaceBase1.jpg
    WallaceBase2.jpg

He's a nature guy, married to a geek and has a glutton for a child. OH MY GOD! I will never make a glutton again! :)

Anyhoo. I love it. He loves to fish. He loves it so much, he fashioned a pool after his love. He used to have a couple of outhouses I built on on his lot to accomodate his family, but thanks to the day he finally discovered the shovel, he no longer needs them.
    Glutton is one of the few traits I love actually. It makes nice plump Sims. That's really cool. I'm trying the whole Minecraft approach with the Darren Dreamer Sim I made. I think starting off with the default 20K on an empty lot was making it too easy. I'm already building walls. So it was fun having him sleep and pee outside for awhile.

Aww sounds like you are really having fun with your family. I really love to fish too especially in real life. I must say the fishing is one of my favorite activities to do in the game. I just wish my Sims could talk to each other while doing it. It's funny I multitask more than my Sims while fishing. Like I set up my fold up chair and fishing pole and I read a book. Sometimes I knit or crochet while listening to music too and then I talk to my dad and friends while fishing. I wish I could do the same in the Sims. I want fishing to have multitasking. Are you going to make a big fish tank in one of the levels of your basements? Like with a pool and windows? Actually it would be cool if your basement could connect to that fish pool and then your Sims could look in it like a fish tank. Sorry I'm giving you silly ideas. Have fun and happy Simming.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Put the children down there. Actually I don't know, but It would be a great space for another spare room as you put it. Great idea!

I do put the children down there. I've been using it for secret gardens and playgrounds for others who don't have enough room. Ooh... that second level... what could be down there? No one knows...

*shudders*

secretGarden.jpg

I love basements.
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited April 2015
    Saw this on SimGuruGraham's twitter....

CBMr1iwUMAAOk-x.png

How amazing is this?!
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

CBMr1iwUMAAOk-x.png

How amazing is this?!

Is the ramp down stairs? Or are we getting a terrain changing thingy finally?
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Piperbird1 wrote: »

CBMr1iwUMAAOk-x.png

How amazing is this?!

Is the ramp down stairs? Or are we getting a terrain changing thingy finally?

Those look like stairs or shelves or something.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    blam987blam987 Posts: 462 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    building a crypt for my dearly departed sims
    screen_shot_2015_03_27_at_6_50_57_pm_by_mperry1995-d8ncqis.png

I did the same thing! haha
    oa8abb.gif
  • Options
    duska3419duska3419 Posts: 180 Member
    So I just wanted to share my first attempt at a basement entryway. I kept coming back to this thread to look at the photos already posted, and found myself hitting "<>" keys to try to get a 360 view :D
    basement_zpspomjxldz.jpg
    basement2_zpsvljxse56.jpg

The house was from the gallery - I made a few small alterations but for the most part kept it and just tried to maintain the look.
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    duska3419 wrote: »
    So I just wanted to share my first attempt at a basement entryway. I kept coming back to this thread to look at the photos already posted, and found myself hitting "<>" keys to try to get a 360 view :D

Glad I'm not the only one, whats bad is when I'm watching a build or LP video and start basshing my mouse trying to make the controls work. lol B)

Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes