Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Accidently deleted resource.cfg

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    P
    > @rosemow said:
    > caitlinxox10 wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > P caitlinxox10 wrote: »
    > >
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > caitlinxox10 wrote: »
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > > caitlinxox10 wrote: »
    > > > >
    > > > > I have a problem. I have accidently deleted resource.cgf and I have tried all the methods on here to get it back but none have work, so if its possible could someone please get back to on how I can fix this. Thanks.
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > > > Helllo @caitlinxox10
    > > > > Go to this link thread, and half way down the page there will a picture of a drive with an arrow on it . Press that and download the file.That is a resource.cfg file that you can download and place in your mods folder if there isn't one already there. You will need to take the file out of the zipped file and place it into the mods folder.
    > > > > http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/08/mods-and-downloads/
    > > >
    > > > I have already tried that and it still doesn't work.
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello.
    > > > What is not working?
    > >
    > > I have already tried the download 3 times and it doesn't work
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > Try doing this
    > > Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    > > Don't put back the old mods folder, The new mods folder should have the resource.cfg file in it
    > >
    > > If the issues remain, try doing what is suggested in this post
    > > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14779277/#Comment_14779277
    >
    > I have just tried that and the comment you suggested, but it's still not working. I have tried downloading it, moving the folder and I've tried pasting the code into the one I downloaded, but it's still not working and I can't understand why?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You need to create a new file in notepad and paste the code into it.
    >
    > What isn't working? Is it that mods/cc aren't appearing in the game?
    >
    > If that is what is not working, go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    > Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc appears then .

yes they are both ticked and my cc still does not appear

Hello
    I am just checking. Make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped or rar formats,
    Try placing the package files directly into the mods folder without being in sub folders.
    Check that the files are for sims 4, and not for sims 2 or 3.
    Try downloading cc from a different site to where you downloaded your current cc from, and see if that appears.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > @caitlinxox10 When you restart the game, it should be making a new resource.cfg file in the Mods folder. First, make sure that you do NOT have the folder called Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 synced to any online filesaving services, such as OneDrive.

when you restart the game what exactly do you mean?

Exit the Sims program, then start it. It creates the resource.cfg file in Mods if the file is missing.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    caitlinxox10caitlinxox10 Posts: 28 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    >
    > > @luthienrising said:
    > > @caitlinxox10 When you restart the game, it should be making a new resource.cfg file in the Mods folder. First, make sure that you do NOT have the folder called Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 synced to any online filesaving services, such as OneDrive.
    >
    > when you restart the game what exactly do you mean?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Exit the Sims program, then start it. It creates the resource.cfg file in Mods if the file is missing.

I have done that already and it didn't work
  • Options
    Does anyone know what I should do because I have tried many ways to get recourses back but none of them have worked. I have tried;
    - Restarting the sims
    -Repairing the sims
    -downloading a new file
    -coding my own
    -and both script mods and cc boxes are ticked on settings
    If anyone knows how I can fix this please get back to me ASAP.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    >
    > > @luthienrising said:
    > > @caitlinxox10 When you restart the game, it should be making a new resource.cfg file in the Mods folder. First, make sure that you do NOT have the folder called Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 synced to any online filesaving services, such as OneDrive.
    >
    > when you restart the game what exactly do you mean?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Exit the Sims program, then start it. It creates the resource.cfg file in Mods if the file is missing.

I have done that already and it didn't work

Have you tried first moving your Mods folder to your desktop *then* restarting the game?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Does anyone know what I should do because I have tried many ways to get recourses back but none of them have worked. I have tried;
    - Restarting the sims
    -Repairing the sims
    -downloading a new file
    -coding my own
    -and both script mods and cc boxes are ticked on settings
    If anyone knows how I can fix this please get back to me ASAP.

Hello
    Is the resource.cfg file that you created, in your mods folder ? Or is the one that you downloaded there?
    If it is, is the issue that your cc/mods are not appearing ?
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Does anyone know what I should do because I have tried many ways to get recourses back but none of them have worked. I have tried;
    > - Restarting the sims
    > -Repairing the sims
    > -downloading a new file
    > -coding my own
    > -and both script mods and cc boxes are ticked on settings
    > If anyone knows how I can fix this please get back to me ASAP.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Is the resource.cfg file that you created, in your mods folder ? Or is the one that you downloaded there?
    > If it is, is the issue that your cc/mods are not appearing ?

no my reasource is missing
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    >
    > > @luthienrising said:
    > > caitlinxox10 wrote: »
    > >
    > > > @luthienrising said:
    > > > @caitlinxox10 When you restart the game, it should be making a new resource.cfg file in the Mods folder. First, make sure that you do NOT have the folder called Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 synced to any online filesaving services, such as OneDrive.
    > >
    > > when you restart the game what exactly do you mean?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Exit the Sims program, then start it. It creates the resource.cfg file in Mods if the file is missing.
    >
    > I have done that already and it didn't work
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Have you tried first moving your Mods folder to your desktop *then* restarting the game?

yes I have and it didn't work
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Does anyone know what I should do because I have tried many ways to get recourses back but none of them have worked. I have tried;
    > - Restarting the sims
    > -Repairing the sims
    > -downloading a new file
    > -coding my own
    > -and both script mods and cc boxes are ticked on settings
    > If anyone knows how I can fix this please get back to me ASAP.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Is the resource.cfg file that you created, in your mods folder ? Or is the one that you downloaded there?
    > If it is, is the issue that your cc/mods are not appearing ?

no my reasource is missing

Try adding in to the mods folder either the resource.cfg file that you downloaded or the one that you created. Then test to see if the issue remains. The file should remain in the folder and not disappear

Also, try doing what I said in the earlier post, if you haven't already done it
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15890373/#Comment_15890373
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    i would like to know that if I uninstalled the sims 4 could I reinstall it and how
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    i would like to know that if I uninstalled the sims 4 could I reinstall it and how

Hello
    Your sims 4 game is linked to your origin account. After uninstalling Sims 4, log into origin using the same account that you used to first register the game and packs , then click on the Games Library section, click on the sims 4 picture, then download/install it there. Then click the extra content button that is half way down the page. That will take you to a screen that shows you what game packs, stuff packs and eps you own. You can then download/install them there.
    The games should though start reinstalling automatically, if you have the option in origin settings to keep your game uptodate.
    Make a back up copy of your Sims 4 folder before uninstalling , and place it on an external drive, in case issues arise.
  • Options
    bellaisthecutestbellaisthecutest Posts: 2 New Member
    So I was downloading custom content off of Pintrest yesterday, and I moved all the custom content to the Mods Folder, and opened my game. I have my game on windowed mode so I can see like the time and stuff, but it wasn't in windowed mode. I didn't think anything of it until I saw I had no households. I had at least seven households before I downloaded this custom content. I just figured I forgot to move one of my new house holds in to a house, so I clicked the play button and it asked me if I wanted the CAS Tutorial. I completely forgot that the Custom Content and Script Mods little thing didn't show up when I started it up. Then I checked my Mods folder, and there was no resource.cfg file in there. I searched ways to fix my problem for hours last night, and I found the link to re download the resource.cfg file, and so I downloaded it and it didn't help. I've read through all of these posts and none are helping my problem. I've moved my sims 4 file onto my desktop, I've moved my mods folder onto my desktop, I've disabled custom content and then enabled it, none of it helped. I've only had this game for a few months and I'm really upset.

Can someone please help?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    So I was downloading custom content off of Pintrest yesterday, and I moved all the custom content to the Mods Folder, and opened my game. I have my game on windowed mode so I can see like the time and stuff, but it wasn't in windowed mode. I didn't think anything of it until I saw I had no households. I had at least seven households before I downloaded this custom content. I just figured I forgot to move one of my new house holds in to a house, so I clicked the play button and it asked me if I wanted the CAS Tutorial. I completely forgot that the Custom Content and Script Mods little thing didn't show up when I started it up. Then I checked my Mods folder, and there was no resource.cfg file in there. I searched ways to fix my problem for hours last night, and I found the link to re download the resource.cfg file, and so I downloaded it and it didn't help. I've read through all of these posts and none are helping my problem. I've moved my sims 4 file onto my desktop, I've moved my mods folder onto my desktop, I've disabled custom content and then enabled it, none of it helped. I've only had this game for a few months and I'm really upset.

Can someone please help?

Hello
    Go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc appears then.

For your households to appear in your library, tick the " include custom content " box that it is in the advanced section of the filter.

If you download sims from other websites, the files need to go directly into the tray folder, not the mods folder. The files can't be in any sub folders in the tray folder.

• Options
    bellaisthecutestbellaisthecutest Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > bellaisthecutest wrote: »
    >
    > So I was downloading custom content off of Pintrest yesterday, and I moved all the custom content to the Mods Folder, and opened my game. I have my game on windowed mode so I can see like the time and stuff, but it wasn't in windowed mode. I didn't think anything of it until I saw I had no households. I had at least seven households before I downloaded this custom content. I just figured I forgot to move one of my new house holds in to a house, so I clicked the play button and it asked me if I wanted the CAS Tutorial. I completely forgot that the Custom Content and Script Mods little thing didn't show up when I started it up. Then I checked my Mods folder, and there was no resource.cfg file in there. I searched ways to fix my problem for hours last night, and I found the link to re download the resource.cfg file, and so I downloaded it and it didn't help. I've read through all of these posts and none are helping my problem. I've moved my sims 4 file onto my desktop, I've moved my mods folder onto my desktop, I've disabled custom content and then enabled it, none of it helped. I've only had this game for a few months and I'm really upset.
    >
    > Can someone please help?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    > Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc appears then.
    >
    > For your households to appear in your library, tick the " include custom content " box that it is in the advanced section of the filter.
    >
    > If you download sims from other websites, the files need to go directly into the tray folder, not the mods folder. The files can't be in any sub folders in the tray folder.

I've done all that, I've even uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Still no resource file.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > bellaisthecutest wrote: »
    >
    > So I was downloading custom content off of Pintrest yesterday, and I moved all the custom content to the Mods Folder, and opened my game. I have my game on windowed mode so I can see like the time and stuff, but it wasn't in windowed mode. I didn't think anything of it until I saw I had no households. I had at least seven households before I downloaded this custom content. I just figured I forgot to move one of my new house holds in to a house, so I clicked the play button and it asked me if I wanted the CAS Tutorial. I completely forgot that the Custom Content and Script Mods little thing didn't show up when I started it up. Then I checked my Mods folder, and there was no resource.cfg file in there. I searched ways to fix my problem for hours last night, and I found the link to re download the resource.cfg file, and so I downloaded it and it didn't help. I've read through all of these posts and none are helping my problem. I've moved my sims 4 file onto my desktop, I've moved my mods folder onto my desktop, I've disabled custom content and then enabled it, none of it helped. I've only had this game for a few months and I'm really upset.
    >
    > Can someone please help?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Go to game options and check that the " enable custom content and mods" button is ticked, which is found in :
    > Options | Other | Enable Custom Content and Mods. If it isn't ticked, do that.Also check that the script mods allowed button is ticked as well. Exit the game. Then go back into the game again and see if the cc appears then.
    >
    > For your households to appear in your library, tick the " include custom content " box that it is in the advanced section of the filter.
    >
    > If you download sims from other websites, the files need to go directly into the tray folder, not the mods folder. The files can't be in any sub folders in the tray folder.

I've done all that, I've even uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Still no resource file.

Hello
    Try going to this link thread, and half way down the page there will a picture of a drive with an arrow on it . Press that and download the file.That is a resource.cfg file that you can download and place in your mods folder if there isn't one already there. You will need to take the file out of the zipped file and place it into the mods folder.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/08/mods-and-downloads/
    Is your custom content showing up in your game now?
    Do you use One Drive?
  • Options
    deebazdeebaz Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm having this issue, too; my game seems to be completely messed up.

THINGS TO KNOW:

- My game was updated the day (or 2) after the most recent patch (Sept. 2017) was released. I've even clicked 'Update' 2 more times for good measure - nothing.
    - I have repaired my game once already - nothing.
    - I have uninstalled & reinstalled once already - nothing.
    - The CC/Script boxes under Game Options ARE ticked. When I click 'Show Custom Content', nothing shows up even though I have MCCC mod & custom skin tones downloaded & in my Mods folder (I've deleted the rest of my CC) - nothing.
    - I have moved my Sims Folder AND my Mods folder to and from my Documents to Desktop several times - nothing. And yes, I have restarted & exited the game several times when doing this (I've exited by saving & not saving - doesn't seem to make a difference) and new folders were never generated.
    - I deleted my Mods folder/Resource file (I'll explain all that next) but have been able to retrieve my Mods folder & have downloaded a new Resource file following the link that's been posted multiple times - nothing.
    - I do have OneDrive and think the problem all started when I tried clearing up storage, but I'm not 100% sure. I came across other posts regarding TS4 & OneDrive and unsynced my OneDrive and Documents where my Sims folder is located. Doing this made me lose my entire EA folder on my PC. I had to re-sync OneDrive in order to get my folder(s) back under my Documents.

Like I said earlier in this post, I only have one mod (MCCC) and custom skin tones (3 .package files) that I want to show up but my game is giving me a hard time. I have a strong feeling OneDrive is the cause of all this but I have yet to see a solution regarding it. Someone please help.
  • Options
    deebaz wrote: »
    I'm having this issue, too; my game seems to be completely messed up.

THINGS TO KNOW:

- My game was updated the day (or 2) after the most recent patch (Sept. 2017) was released. I've even clicked 'Update' 2 more times for good measure - nothing.
    - I have repaired my game once already - nothing.
    - I have uninstalled & reinstalled once already - nothing.
    - The CC/Script boxes under Game Options ARE ticked. When I click 'Show Custom Content', nothing shows up even though I have MCCC mod & custom skin tones downloaded & in my Mods folder (I've deleted the rest of my CC) - nothing.
    - I have moved my Sims Folder AND my Mods folder to and from my Documents to Desktop several times - nothing. And yes, I have restarted & exited the game several times when doing this (I've exited by saving & not saving - doesn't seem to make a difference) and new folders were never generated.
    - I deleted my Mods folder/Resource file (I'll explain all that next) but have been able to retrieve my Mods folder & have downloaded a new Resource file following the link that's been posted multiple times - nothing.
    - I do have OneDrive and think the problem all started when I tried clearing up storage, but I'm not 100% sure. I came across other posts regarding TS4 & OneDrive and unsynced my OneDrive and Documents where my Sims folder is located. Doing this made me lose my entire EA folder on my PC. I had to re-sync OneDrive in order to get my folder(s) back under my Documents.

Like I said earlier in this post, I only have one mod (MCCC) and custom skin tones (3 .package files) that I want to show up but my game is giving me a hard time. I have a strong feeling OneDrive is the cause of all this but I have yet to see a solution regarding it. Someone please help.

Hello @deebaz
    It sounds like One Drive is causing the issue.
    Try moving your Documents -electronic arts -sims 4 folder to the desktop.
    Then go to One Drive and find your Sims 4 folder there. Copy the Sims 4 folder and place it in the Documents-electronic arts folder where you moved the other one from.
    You then need to unlink One Drive . This link explains how to do that
    https://support.office.com/en-US/article/Turn-off-or-uninstall-OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0
    Then start the game and see if that helps the issues.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    Hello @deebaz
    Then go to One Drive and find your Sims 4 folder there. Copy the Sims 4 folder and place it in the Documents-electronic arts folder where you moved the other one from.
    https://support.office.com/en-US/article/Turn-off-or-uninstall-OneDrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0
    Then start the game and see if that helps the is@deebaz

Unfortunately, it didn't work. I'm not sure if it's just my OneDrive or if this is how the system works, but the files in my OneDrive are the exact same files on my PC, including my EA folder. I tried as you said - when I moved my Documents EA folder to desktop, it no longer showed in OneDrive. I put that folder back, went to OneDrive and moved the OneDrive EA folder to the desktop, and it no longer showed in my Documents. And because they're the exact same file, I wasn't able to copy the folder, move it to desktop and paste into the other - an error kept popping up. I tried it both ways - moving it from Documents & trying to copy it to OneDrive, and moving it from OneDrive & trying to copy it to Documents. I renamed the EA folder to 'Electronic Arts1' and copied it within Documents. It created an 'Electronic Arts1- Copy' folder (and I moved the 'original' folder to desktop), but still, nothing happened when I restarted the game. And I was linking & unlinking, and restarting & exiting throughout all of this. It's unfortunate, but I'm beginning to think OneDrive reallyyy messed things up for me, like permanently. I'm going to look at my OneDrive files online in the morning; hopefully something gives and hopefully I don't make things worse. Thank you for your suggestion.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    Hello @deebaz
    Then start the game and see if that helps the is@deebaz

Unfortunately, it didn't work. I'm not sure if it's just my OneDrive or if this is how the system works, but the files in my OneDrive are the exact same files on my PC, including my EA folder. I tried as you said - when I moved my Documents EA folder to desktop, it no longer showed in OneDrive. I put that folder back, went to OneDrive and moved the OneDrive EA folder to the desktop, and it no longer showed in my Documents. And because they're the exact same file, I wasn't able to copy the folder, move it to desktop and paste into the other - an error kept popping up. I tried it both ways - moving it from Documents & trying to copy it to OneDrive, and moving it from OneDrive & trying to copy it to Documents. I renamed the EA folder to 'Electronic Arts1' and copied it within Documents. It created an 'Electronic Arts1- Copy' folder (and I moved the 'original' folder to desktop), but still, nothing happened when I restarted the game. And I was linking & unlinking, and restarting & exiting throughout all of this. It's unfortunate, but I'm beginning to think OneDrive reallyyy messed things up for me, like permanently. I'm going to look at my OneDrive files online in the morning; hopefully something gives and hopefully I don't make things worse. Thank you for your suggestion.

I am sorry that you are having this issue. Try checking to see if the mods folder in One Drive has the same mods/cc as in the one in Documents-electronic arts -Sims 4 folder. If it doesn't, put the same mods/cc in both of the mods folder and see if the mods/cc then show up in your game .
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Try checking to see if the mods folder in One Drive has the same mods/cc as in the one in Documents-electronic arts -Sims 4 folder. If it doesn't, put the same mods/cc in both of the mods folder and see if the mods/cc then show up in your game.

Oh my. I finally got it to work!
    Just in case others are having this problem:

SEARCH FOR A SIMS 4 FOLDER. After unlinking my OneDrive again & after what seemed like the 100th time of me moving my EA folder to the desktop and a new folder not being generated, I finally decided to search for it on my PC. Sounds like common sense, but after years of playing, EA/Sims folders have always been in my Documents so I didn't think to do that initially.

Anyway, I searched my PC for a Sims 4 folder and found it. New folders were being generated, just not in my Documents; weird. The pathway looked like this: Search Results in This PC > The Sims 4. I guess the EA folder that was in my Documents was invalid or something?

I just copied my Mods content into the newly-found TS4 folder and everything works now. It's still not in My Documents and it's going to stay that way. I'm afraid of messing something up by moving it, so from now on I'll just have to actually search for the folder & then paste any package/script files in there, which is no burden to me.

All the suggestions I've read worked, it was just a matter of finding the correct folder. Thanks for sticking with me @rosemow and to others who have provided suggestions throughout this thread. Every bit of info helped in the end.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Try checking to see if the mods folder in One Drive has the same mods/cc as in the one in Documents-electronic arts -Sims 4 folder. If it doesn't, put the same mods/cc in both of the mods folder and see if the mods/cc then show up in your game.

Oh my. I finally got it to work!
    Just in case others are having this problem:

SEARCH FOR A SIMS 4 FOLDER. After unlinking my OneDrive again & after what seemed like the 100th time of me moving my EA folder to the desktop and a new folder not being generated, I finally decided to search for it on my PC. Sounds like common sense, but after years of playing, EA/Sims folders have always been in my Documents so I didn't think to do that initially.

Anyway, I searched my PC for a Sims 4 folder and found it. New folders were being generated, just not in my Documents; weird. The pathway looked like this: Search Results in This PC > The Sims 4. I guess the EA folder that was in my Documents was invalid or something?

I just copied my Mods content into the newly-found TS4 folder and everything works now. It's still not in My Documents and it's going to stay that way. I'm afraid of messing something up by moving it, so from now on I'll just have to actually search for the folder & then paste any package/script files in there, which is no burden to me.

All the suggestions I've read worked, it was just a matter of finding the correct folder. Thanks for sticking with me @rosemow and to others who have provided suggestions throughout this thread. Every bit of info helped in the end.

Hello @deebaz
    It is good that your issue has been fixed :)
  • Options
    GhostPantsGhostPants Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I have scrolled through this entire chat, and I have tried everything. My game does work, but no mods register in my folder. None of my mods show up in the Mods List In-game, and both mod-related boxes have been ticked. I have tried moving the folder to the desktop, but the game does not create a new folder, it just uses the one in my desktop. I have redownloaded my cfg file many times, but it still doesn't work. i do not use OneDrive, and nothing is working. I have used mods for awhile, and out of the blue, my game resets, i cannot use mods, and none of my households show up. I do not know what is going on, and my temper is stretched to the limit. PLEASE HELP!!
  • Options
    GhostPants wrote: »
    Hi, I have scrolled through this entire chat, and I have tried everything. My game does work, but no mods register in my folder. None of my mods show up in the Mods List In-game, and both mod-related boxes have been ticked. I have tried moving the folder to the desktop, but the game does not create a new folder, it just uses the one in my desktop. I have redownloaded my cfg file many times, but it still doesn't work. i do not use OneDrive, and nothing is working. I have used mods for awhile, and out of the blue, my game resets, i cannot use mods, and none of my households show up. I do not know what is going on, and my temper is stretched to the limit. PLEASE HELP!!

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Try searching on your computer to see if there is another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the documents-electronic Arts -sims 4-mods folder.
  • Options
    huriclashuriclas Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi! Sorry if im a bother. Me and my brother share orgin. So we both have sims. When i downloaded sims, my mom folder was empty. I tried downloading the cfg file and enabled mods. JUST WONT WORK!! Please help?
  • Options
    huriclashuriclas Posts: 5 New Member
    o:) o:)