Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    amarnthus wrote: »
    Hi! I've been reading these threads for the better part of three weeks now, but thought I'd finally introduce myself. I got hooked onto Sims 2 many years ago and killed many a family computer with it ;) I took a break halfway through Sims 3's content releases because life happened, but am now happily back. I've just gotten into building (thanks to BreeMiles' Share Your Newest Creation thread and rosemow's Building Tips and Tutorials thread) and am challenging myself to repopulate Newcrest. I think my favorite part of Sims 4 has been the custom gender options (about! plum! time!), but I miss Create-a-Style a lot. See you on the forums!

Hello @amarnthus :) It s nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you first started simming by playing Sims 2 then that led you on to playing Sims 3 also. It is great that you are now back simming again! Bree's builds thread is very encouraging and nice! It is very enjoyable seeing all the builds that simmsrs creatively design and build! I hope that your challenge to makeover Newcrest continues to go well!
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Hello my friendly simming friends. I'm a big fan of reading Legacy type stories. The thread on these forums caught my attention. I wanted to start replying and sharing my input with them, so I registered. I just thought it would be nice to stop over here and post a little welcome post about me.

I chose my username as I just mentioned, I enjoy reading Legacy stories. From just the basics of creating a Legacy to attempting the Legacy Challenges that are out there.

I too, like many, have been playing The Sims since the stone ages when it was first released. I still have my copies of the first The Sims versions. It's funny but inspiring to see how the graphics have changed from the first to the fourth editions.

My all time favorite is playing The Goth family. I would follow the storyline that was created for them and then create my own from there. I did (and still do) just for the fun of playing.

I've recently just started my own Legacy with The Sims 4. Not a Legacy Challenge, however. And not with The Goths.

Happy Simming Everyone!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    Hello my friendly simming friends. I'm a big fan of reading Legacy type stories. The thread on these forums caught my attention. I wanted to start replying and sharing my input with them, so I registered. I just thought it would be nice to stop over here and post a little welcome post about me.

I chose my username as I just mentioned, I enjoy reading Legacy stories. From just the basics of creating a Legacy to attempting the Legacy Challenges that are out there.

I too, like many, have been playing The Sims since the stone ages when it was first released. I still have my copies of the first The Sims versions. It's funny but inspiring to see how the graphics have changed from the first to the fourth editions.

My all time favorite is playing The Goth family. I would follow the storyline that was created for them and then create my own from there. I did (and still do) just for the fun of playing.

I've recently just started my own Legacy with The Sims 4. Not a Legacy Challenge, however. And not with The Goths.

Happy Simming Everyone!

Hello @LegacySims2017 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Legacies are a very special part of simming! It is very enjoyable seeing the new generations of children and watching them go through the different age stages of their sims lives. It is nice seeing the interactions between different generations as well as siblings.It is very special and enjoyable reading the legacy stories of the sims in fellow simmers games! <3
    It is nice that you have been simming since the release of the original Sims one. The Goth family is a fun household to play!
    I hope that your new Sims 4 Legacy family goes well.
  • Options
    Luna_LovelyLuna_Lovely Posts: 1 New Member
    Umm.. hello! I'm kinda young, so I've only been playing the Sims since 3. I'm going to 8th grade but I skipped some grades, some people question that so I'm just gonna put it out there. I love all games character customization and can't keep my nose out of Create-A-Sim! I've explored around the forums and everyone here seems so nice, so I'm a little less paranoid I'm going to mess up? I don't know, I read the rules like 2 times and I really don't want to get banned by accident or something, but I'll stop talking about my slight paranoia about rules and get on with the good things about me! I absolutely love love love the Sims and the cartoonish charm it has! I can't wait to get vampires, since I never really got any packs for the Sims 3. I'm also figuring out how to edit and stuff so when I finally get there, I can make my own profile picture and signature! All of my sisters have played or do play the Sims and I think that's really cool that the Sims has passed down from my sisters to me, and most of them are adults now! I'm not sure how to end this.. so byeee!
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    It is nice to meet you. @Luna_Lovely Welcome to the forums. It's nice that all your sisters play the sims. :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    Umm.. hello! I'm kinda young, so I've only been playing the Sims since 3. I'm going to 8th grade but I skipped some grades, some people question that so I'm just gonna put it out there. I love all games character customization and can't keep my nose out of Create-A-Sim! I've explored around the forums and everyone here seems so nice, so I'm a little less paranoid I'm going to mess up? I don't know, I read the rules like 2 times and I really don't want to get banned by accident or something, but I'll stop talking about my slight paranoia about rules and get on with the good things about me! I absolutely love love love the Sims and the cartoonish charm it has! I can't wait to get vampires, since I never really got any packs for the Sims 3. I'm also figuring out how to edit and stuff so when I finally get there, I can make my own profile picture and signature! All of my sisters have played or do play the Sims and I think that's really cool that the Sims has passed down from my sisters to me, and most of them are adults now! I'm not sure how to end this.. so byeee!

Hello @Luna_Lovely :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have started simming by playing The Sims 3. Creating sims is a very enjoyable part of simming! It is nice making sims versions of friends, family members or celebrities and playing them in our games! It is enjoyable working out the outfits that sims wear for the various categories .
    It is very special that your sisters are simmers also <3 You would enjoy chatting about the sims that are in your games.
    Please don't be concerned about the forums. There are lots of helpful simmers on the threads that will assist you if you have queries. You won't mess things up and go against rules. Your concern about following the forum rules shows that you want to do what is right, and that is great!
    Happy simming ! :)
  • Options
    AmberSimmyAmberSimmy Posts: 38 Member
    Hello I'm Amber :) , i'm a sims 3 person maybe getting sims 4 one day I will show CC ideas and Fashion styles and Sim models picture once i become a member I have the sims 3 collection and love styling sims my favorite sim age is toddlers i do my sims as sim stories or movies something like sims 4 birth to death videos but in my head i might make a sim channel one day i;m funny once you get to know me i'm creative and weird and its nice to meet you all.
  • Options
    AmberSimmy wrote: »
    Hello I'm Amber :) , i'm a sims 3 person maybe getting sims 4 one day I will show CC ideas and Fashion styles and Sim models picture once i become a member I have the sims 3 collection and love styling sims my favorite sim age is toddlers i do my sims as sim stories or movies something like sims 4 birth to death videos but in my head i might make a sim channel one day i;m funny once you get to know me i'm creative and weird and its nice to meet you all.

Hello @AmberSimmy :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that enjoy playing Sims 3 and using cc. There are many talented cc creators in the simming communuty who very kindly share their cc creations with fellow simmers! Styling Sims is enjoyable! It is nice working out clothes for them to wear and what makeup suits them. Toddlers are cute! It is a very special age stage in the Sims.
    It would be great for you to have a simming YouTube channel one day! It would be a special way of showcasing your Simsl
  • Options
    CxpmemeCxpmeme Posts: 76 Member
    EYYYY
    I'm a new member but i have been playing sims since 2008 (oh wow it has been 8-9 years) Sims 4 is my favorite and i have an unhealthy obsession with cc
  • Options
    alanefrairealanefraire Posts: 6 New Member
    So I guess I'll introduce myself then, hey?

So, I go by Alane Fraire online, and I'm a new Sims player. I got the Sims 3 a while back and since moved onto the Sims 4. I have over 500 cc files loaded into my mods folder, which means a really slow computer when playing the game, but I really could care less.

I'm currently writing my own book and trying to buy Scrivener so I can use it's wonderful abilities to my advantage. I obsess over bands, singers and celebrities, I practically live on YouTube.

What else... Oh yeah, I used to be a really sensitive person, but now I hardly cry at anything, except pain, I hate pain, so I've basically changed myself around after I lost a friend because of how sensitive I was.

Still, haven't spoken to that person. Oh well, I hardly see them anymore. Not that big of a deal.

Happy Simming everyone!
  • Options
    Cxpmeme wrote: »
    EYYYY
    I'm a new member but i have been playing sims since 2008 (oh wow it has been 8-9 years) Sims 4 is my favorite and i have an unhealthy obsession with cc

Hello @Cxpmeme :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since 2008. You would have enjoyed creating many sims households over the time, building and furnishing homes for them to live in , and watching them live their lives in your games! Simming is fun!
    There are many talented cc creators in the simming community! It is enjoyable looking at and downloading new cc items to use in the game!
  • Options
    So I guess I'll introduce myself then, hey?

So, I go by Alane Fraire online, and I'm a new Sims player. I got the Sims 3 a while back and since moved onto the Sims 4. I have over 500 cc files loaded into my mods folder, which means a really slow computer when playing the game, but I really could care less.

I'm currently writing my own book and trying to buy Scrivener so I can use it's wonderful abilities to my advantage. I obsess over bands, singers and celebrities, I practically live on YouTube.

What else... Oh yeah, I used to be a really sensitive person, but now I hardly cry at anything, except pain, I hate pain, so I've basically changed myself around after I lost a friend because of how sensitive I was.

Still, haven't spoken to that person. Oh well, I hardly see them anymore. Not that big of a deal.

Happy Simming everyone!

Hello @alanefraire :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 3, then that has then led you onto playing Sims 4.
    With the cc items that you have, try changing the name files of the cc so that they have no special characters in them, as that can help with lagging. Try having only numbers and letters in the file names.
    It is very special that you are writing your own book! Writing is a special way of expressing creativity, and bringing ideas and thoughts into written form.
  • Options
    AmberSimmyAmberSimmy Posts: 38 Member
    @rosemow Thank you i might make the channel soon, i just downloaded some master control mods and about to download some cc for teens.
  • Options
    AmberSimmy wrote: »
    @rosemow Thank you i might make the channel soon, i just downloaded some master control mods and about to download some cc for teens.

You're welcome :) Happy simming !
  • Options
    LizzyX4LizzyX4 Posts: 69 Member
    Hello all. I'm not exactly new to the forum, I've lurked for years, but I finally made an account yesterday. I've been playing Sims since the beginning; It's one of my favorite games and the only computer game I play. I love the Sims so much, in fact, that I usually buy a new updated computer every time a new iteration is released and my computer's "name" is usually "Sims 2" computer, "Sims 3" computer, etc. :) I am a casual player, though. I've never tried a legacy or a challenge. I don't know how to mod or make custom content. I just like making sims and building their houses. My favorite games outside of the Sims are Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, and Red Dead Redemption. I love the show Supernatural, the Harry Potter series, and I'm a big ol' introvert - but I try to do new things. It's nice to meet you all! :)
  • Options
    LizzyX4 wrote: »
    Hello all. I'm not exactly new to the forum, I've lurked for years, but I finally made an account yesterday. I've been playing Sims since the beginning; It's one of my favorite games and the only computer game I play. I love the Sims so much, in fact, that I usually buy a new updated computer every time a new iteration is released and my computer's "name" is usually "Sims 2" computer, "Sims 3" computer, etc. :) I am a casual player, though. I've never tried a legacy or a challenge. I don't know how to mod or make custom content. I just like making sims and building their houses. My favorite games outside of the Sims are Skyrim, Assassin's Creed, and Red Dead Redemption. I love the show Supernatural, the Harry Potter series, and I'm a big ol' introvert - but I try to do new things. It's nice to meet you all! :)

Hello @LizzyX4 :) It is nice to meet you .Welcomr to posting on the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the release of the first Sims version. Simming is fun! It is very special and nice thst you have bought a new computer when a new Sims version has been released. You would enjoy simming on your new computers . Creating sims and building homes and venues are special parts of simming! They are very enjoyable ways of expressing our creativity through the game!
    It is nice that you enjoy Harry Potter. Some simmers have made sims game versions of Hogwarts and Hogsmeade!
  • Options
    LillyPutian0LillyPutian0 Posts: 103 Member
    Hi There! I'm posting because I wanted to see my new avatar. :)
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    :) it's a cute avatar. Love the pink.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
  • Options
    9743V9743V Posts: 14 New Member
    Hi everyone!
    Been reading a lot of your comments and glad I seem to have so much in common with all of you (maybe the game appeals to a certain type?)

I fell in love with the Sims 1 and became obsessed with Sims 2, was totally fed up when I couldn't get it to work after windows upgrade and sulked for a few years so didn't get Sims 3, but now have Sims 4 and am as happy with it as I've ever been!

The forums is completely new to me and this is as close to any form of social media as I plan on getting, but you all seem nice so I'm sure I'll be fine, hardest thing I'm finding is what all the abbreviations stand for and where best to leave comments but sure I'll pick it up as I go!
  • Options
    9743V wrote: »
    Hi everyone!
    Been reading a lot of your comments and glad I seem to have so much in common with all of you (maybe the game appeals to a certain type?)

I fell in love with the Sims 1 and became obsessed with Sims 2, was totally fed up when I couldn't get it to work after windows upgrade and sulked for a few years so didn't get Sims 3, but now have Sims 4 and am as happy with it as I've ever been!

The forums is completely new to me and this is as close to any form of social media as I plan on getting, but you all seem nice so I'm sure I'll be fine, hardest thing I'm finding is what all the abbreviations stand for and where best to leave comments but sure I'll pick it up as I go!

Hello @9743V :) It is nice to meet you .Welcomr to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 1 and then that led you onto enjoying playing Sims 2. It is great that you are back simming again and playing Sims 4. It is very enjoyable creating sims, building /funishing homes for them to live in, and then enjoying watching them do the many activities in their sims daily lives! Simming is fun!
    You will soon get used to how the forums work :) There are many helpful simmers on threads that will assist you if you have queries.
    It is great that we are all simmers from around the world, all sharing the same interest, which is enjoying playing The Sims!
  • Options
    LillyPutian0LillyPutian0 Posts: 103 Member
    edited June 2017
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @LillyPutian0 :)
    Your new pink flamingo Avi looks great! Happy simming! :)
    Thank you Stormsview and rosemow. I'm sure you can tell it's from the game :) Your user names are lovely.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @LillyPutian0 :)
    Your new pink flamingo Avi looks great! Happy simming! :)
    Thank you Stormsview and rosemow. I'm sure you can tell it's from the game :) Your user names are lovely.

You're welcome :) Thankyou for your kind words :)
  • Options
    ChrisLLR2831ChrisLLR2831 Posts: 74 Member
    Hello,

I'm Chris. How do I create a discussion?
  • Options
    Hello,

I'm Chris. How do I create a discussion?

Hello @ChrisLLR2831 :) It is nice to meet you .
    There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member, even if previously you were able to start a new thread . This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top