Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I'm Bejawa I've been playing the sims almost as long as I have been able to use a computer. I started with the very first generation and now play sims 4 and 3 depending on my mood. I only really play the sims on the computer I personally am not a fan of the console games (But I totally don't judge people who do)
    My favorite generation was sims 3 but I see the pros and cons of all of them and sometimes flip between between them depending on what I want.
    I mostly play for story telling and building. Supernatural and travel themes have always been my favorite content to play with through all the generations.
    My least favorite themes have always been the family and university packs (but to be honest I still play with them and enjoy features of them so by no means do I want them to disappear.)
    My favorite pack for the sims 4 is Get together but I don't own a lot of packs yet and vampires look like they will probably win that spot latter on.

I real life I enjoy reading writing,fencing , history. and being living chair for my cat as I play my various video games including the sims(duh) Skyrim, Rimworld, and Heros of Might and Magic.

Also hello and welcome to everyone else.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    I'm Bejawa I've been playing the sims almost as long as I have been able to use a computer. I started with the very first generation and now play sims 4 and 3 depending on my mood. I only really play the sims on the computer I personally am not a fan of the console games (But I totally don't judge people who do)
    My favorite generation was sims 3 but I see the pros and cons of all of them and sometimes flip between between them depending on what I want.
    I mostly play for story telling and building. Supernatural and travel themes have always been my favorite content to play with through all the generations.
    My least favorite themes have always been the family and university packs (but to be honest I still play with them and enjoy features of them so by no means do I want them to disappear.)
    My favorite pack for the sims 4 is Get together but I don't own a lot of packs yet and vampires look like they will probably win that spot latter on.

I real life I enjoy reading writing,fencing , history. and being living chair for my cat as I play my various video games including the sims(duh) Skyrim, Rimworld, and Heros of Might and Magic.

Also hello and welcome to everyone else.

Hello @BeJaWa :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you first started simming by playing the original sims one and are now playing sims 3 and 4. It is enjoyable playing the different versions of the game depending on we feel like playing that day.
    Building is an enjoyable part of simming! It is a fun and special way of expressing our creativity through the game! It is nice also creating background story details for our sims, and seeing what occurs in our games!
    It is great that you own Get Together pack. The club system is very useful! It is enjoyable having a sims be part of clubs. There are many simmers enjoying having vampires in their game! I hope that will be able to soon get the pack.
    It is nice that you have your cat as your companion whilst gaming :)
    It is great that you enjoy fencing. It would be an enjoyable sport to take part in.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    Familiar sentiment @Rachiesauce !
    I really enjoyed those old EA chat boards for TS(1), TS2 and TS3. I was much more active on the latter two cos I had more time. I actually still have slews of bookmarks that worked that those latter two old forums--not sure why I have kept them (html file). :confused: But even bookmarks on this newer site keep breaking (boo)

I really do miss the ones on thesims3.com, the store site... since that's the game I'm playing now. This site is good but really can't compare... Many more people were active back then, discovering the game; discussion about every expansion, links to walkthroughs by developers and funny chats by simgurus very active in the game, official contests and many awesome tutorials with picture links that weren't dead yet.

TS3 is far from over; we've many loyal players. Lots of great people still playing the game.

It's truly massive with stuff for just about anyone. :heart::heart::heart::love:
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    rachiesaucerachiesauce Posts: 58 Member
    @SemaviLady Remember your comment about your copies of Maniac Mansion? I had a similar situation with my Sims 1 CDs up until at least last month. (I think they've been moved to storage for real life reasons) Funny that you mention troubles with the site since I spent a portion of this evening in chat with EA support about why nothing I post seems to be going through on the site. :D I mentioned quite a few times to them how important those parts of the game are to us players, even if it isn't a thing that came in our CDs/download/whatever.
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    @Rachiesauce, yep so many elements are slipping through the cracks... ATM the store site, the player walls are really wonky as I type.

The less said the better. :angry::anguished::rage::heartbreak: I'm sure they'll fix it but the frequency of glitches needs to be addressed. :tired_face:
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Hi there! I got into Sims4 thanks to my bff. She and a few other people have been trying to convince me to get it, but I had refused. She started talking to me about it again and I told her that my character would be lonely (I'm really selfish with my time and handling tons of responsibility with people in a game doesn't entice me me). My friend said she would send her character's file (of which my character is romantically involved with in our RP) and they can be together. That sold me and I haven't looked back since! I'm loving the game and can sit here for hours just watching them interact and simply be cute. This game amazes me and I'm very hooked. People I talk to that play the game are so nice and helpful too so unlike a lot of other fandoms out there. Thank you to rosemow for the help when my inventory was being glitchy! Kind help like that only helps make the gaming time here all the more special knowing someone will help and cares instead of being a creep. Thank you and howdy to everyone!!
  • Options
    Hi there! I got into Sims4 thanks to my bff. She and a few other people have been trying to convince me to get it, but I had refused. She started talking to me about it again and I told her that my character would be lonely (I'm really selfish with my time and handling tons of responsibility with people in a game doesn't entice me me). My friend said she would send her character's file (of which my character is romantically involved with in our RP) and they can be together. That sold me and I haven't looked back since! I'm loving the game and can sit here for hours just watching them interact and simply be cute. This game amazes me and I'm very hooked. People I talk to that play the game are so nice and helpful too so unlike a lot of other fandoms out there. Thank you to rosemow for the help when my inventory was being glitchy! Kind help like that only helps make the gaming time here all the more special knowing someone will help and cares instead of being a creep. Thank you and howdy to everyone!!
    p
    Hello @TravisBlackfox :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It was very nice that your friend introduced you to simming and encouraged you to play the gsme. It is nice that after starting to sim, you are now enjoyimg spending many hours simming!
    Thankyou for your very kind and encouraging words about fellow simmers :)

• Options
    IhascandyIhascandy Posts: 67 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hello, my name is Ihascandy. I'm from the UK and LOVES the sims 4. Also enjoys graphics and computer science. I use python a lot as I'm really into coding and hope to make my own game one day! Youngest in my year but that doesn't stop me! (P.s. Can I have some free likes because I've been trying to rank up all day XD
    Post edited by Ihascandy on
    44318e6415ea052bd5b7c38074aad0aa.png
    That's one small step for a sim... one giant leap for simkind...

• Options
    Ihascandy wrote: »
    Hello, my name is Ihascandy. I'm from the UK and LOVES the sims 4. Also enjoys graphics and computer science. I use python a lot as I'm really into coding and hope to make my own game one day! Youngest in my year but that doesn't stop me! (P.s. Can I have some free likes because I've been trying to rank up all day XD

Hello @Ihascandy :)
    It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you enjoy graphics and computer science, and enjoy using coding. I hope that you do make your own game one day! That would be so very special! You would be interested looking at the coding of the Sims 4 Game.
    Just a little note. It is against forum rules to post your age. When you become a full member, could you please come back to this thread and edit out your age from your post. Thank you! :)
  • Options
    @rosemow Oh okay. Sorry, I didn't realise.. oops!

• Options
    @rosemow Oh okay. Sorry, I didn't realise.. oops!

Hello
    It is okay :) It would be good if you could edit the post when you become a full member. I hope that you get the required points soon.
  • Options
    360musicng360musicng Posts: 6 New Member
    Am Ekene and its nice being here
  • Options
    360musicng wrote: »
    Am Ekene and its nice being here

Hello @360musicng :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forum threads, and enjoy posting about your simming experiences . Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    southwesternwitchsouthwesternwitch Posts: 61 Member
    Hello, everyone! Not sure what to say here except that I have been an avid simmer since the early TS2 days. My favorite thing to do is world building and making unique characters using downloads and such. I'm not a modder or a creator myself but I love to appreciate the artistic styles coming from those who know how to make it. The most disappointing thing I find about the TS4 is the worlds are so SMALL that I can't do much with it. in 2 and 3 I would make and fill out a full a themed world, such as medieval, fantasy, goth, and the like. Regardless of that flaw I really love 4. The graphics and interactions are more detailed and meaningful. I just wish there was a way to have larger, more customized worlds. My hope is that one day some genius simmer will figure out how ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Hello, everyone! Not sure what to say here except that I have been an avid simmer since the early TS2 days. My favorite thing to do is world building and making unique characters using downloads and such. I'm not a modder or a creator myself but I love to appreciate the artistic styles coming from those who know how to make it. The most disappointing thing I find about the TS4 is the worlds are so SMALL that I can't do much with it. in 2 and 3 I would make and fill out a full a themed world, such as medieval, fantasy, goth, and the like. Regardless of that flaw I really love 4. The graphics and interactions are more detailed and meaningful. I just wish there was a way to have larger, more customized worlds. My hope is that one day some genius simmer will figure out how ;)

Hello @southwesternwitch :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since Sims 2. You would have emjoyed spending many fun hours simming over the time!
    It is very nice that you enjoyed creating sims worlds based on themes in Sims 2 and 3. .They would be very special worlds for sims to enioy living and working in, as well as visiting the community venues there!
  • Options
    @rosemow Finally ranked up to a member and edited out my age! Sorry about that! :)

• Options
    @rosemow Finally ranked up to a member and edited out my age! Sorry about that! :)

Hello @Ihascandy :) Congratulations on becoming a full member! Happy simming!
    Thsnkyou for editing your post :)
  • Options
    southwesternwitchsouthwesternwitch Posts: 61 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

It is nice that you have been simming since Sims 2. You would have emjoyed spending many fun hours simming over the time!
    It is very nice that you enjoyed creating sims worlds based on themes in Sims 2 and 3. .They would be very special worlds for sims to enioy living and working in, as well as visiting the community venues there!

Thank you! Nice to meet you as well. Yes, that's what was so great about 3. Being immersed in these full communities. I miss that.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Thank you! Nice to meet you as well. Yes, that's what was so great about 3. Being immersed in these full communities. I miss that.

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    doons88pdoons88p Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello, simmers! I am a 10-years simmer. I fell in love with the sims 2 and the other sequels. Sadly, people grow and I don't find sims interesting anymore. :( But I still love to hear about any news related to the franchise and read about the experience of the simmers. And of course, share my opinion in discussions.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    doons88p wrote: »
    Hello, simmers! I am a 10-years simmer. I fell in love with the sims 2 and the other sequels. Sadly, people grow and I don't find sims interesting anymore. :( But I still love to hear about any news related to the franchise and read about the experience of the simmers. And of course, share my opinion in discussions.

Hello @doons88p :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that although you don't now play the game, you are still interested in reading news about the game and reading about simmers experiences. You would have special happy memories of past times when you enjoyed playing the game :)
  • Options
    LadyMarmelade01LadyMarmelade01 Posts: 115 Member
    Hi everybody,
    I´m also new to the forum :D But I have been simming since Sims 2. I remember buying my first Sims 2 Games together with my little sister and playing for hours. When Sims 3 came out, I of course loved it aswell. But I was in my early teenage years and somehow I lost my interest for it. 2 years ago I rediscovered the Sims 3 and Sims 3 Store especially. I recently discovered this amazing forum through the DailyDeal Threat (thank you google search) but I could´t bring up the courage to actually join and say hi. As you can see/read I finally manage to do that o:)
    I´m very pleased to meet you all <3

• Options
    JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    Hi everybody,
    I´m also new to the forum :D But I have been simming since Sims 2. I remember buying my first Sims 2 Games together with my little sister and playing for hours. When Sims 3 came out, I of course loved it aswell. But I was in my early teenage years and somehow I lost my interest for it. 2 years ago I rediscovered the Sims 3 and Sims 3 Store especially. I recently discovered this amazing forum through the DailyDeal Threat (thank you google search) but I could´t bring up the courage to actually join and say hi. As you can see/read I finally manage to do that o:)

Welcome to the forum, I am like you, although I started with the TS1, played a bit of 2 but real life just kind of happened and I stopped playing. A friend of my reintroduced me to TS3 and I love it, I now play TS4 and enjoy it but I really miss TS3.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• Options
    Hi everybody,

Hello @LadyMarmelade01 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 2. It was very special that you and your sister bought the game together <3 You would have special memories of enjoying playing the game together and sharing simming experiences . It is nice that it led you on to playing Sims 3 as well. It is very nice that you returned to simming and playing Sims 3 a couple of years ago. Simming is lots of fun!
    It is so nice that you have joined the forums and started posting on threads :) I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forum threads, and enjoy sharing and posting about your simming experiences .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top