Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who wants Sims 1 on Origin???

Comments

• Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    I'd like to see them bring back all the PC version of Sim games. We don't even have the Sims Stories series. Where's Castaway, Pets, and original Sims Stories?
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I would love sims 1, but want absolutely nothing to do with Origin.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    StymieStymie Posts: 169 Member
    Yes please. I still have all of the working individual disc but it's a pain to reinstall each and every one of them again.
    Intel Core i7 4790k| 8GB Ram | MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | MSI Z97-Gaming 5 Mobo | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Keyboard | Logitech G700 Gaming Mouse|
    Steam Profile (Feel free to add me but leave a comment first)
    13VpVgn.jpg
    Origin: StymieG
  • Options
    ragan651ragan651 Posts: 268 Member
    > @LaBlue0314 said:
    > I would love this as well. I use to own the complete set, but lost them in a move.

Same with me. Not even sure where my Sims 1 discs are now.
    e9sNIxd.jpg

Wishlist | The O'Kelly Saga | The Strange Case of Thomas Black | My goals: Coffee Bean Loft, Eloquently Ecclectic Collection
  • Options
    grayheathgrayheath Posts: 41 Member
    I would love this! I still have my Sims 1 original disks (except making magic which disappeared one house move.). I have been successful installing them onto Windows 8 which was a shock as I thought id have trouble. Id love love to have the complete collection in my origin library :smile:
    I got the sims 2 ultimate last year. Praying for sims 1 this year!
  • Options
    lissiealissiea Posts: 175 Member
    I bought Sims 1 twice, first on PC then on Mac and I still have all my discs. I'll love a download version! It really should be made available again for the 15th anniversary.
  • Options
    TheCuteSpookTheCuteSpook Posts: 1 New Member
    please that would be great. I have had a huge urge to play it but don't have it. omg makin' magic was the best supernatural expansion pack out of all the sims.
  • Options
    iDorketteiDorkette Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Nix said:
    > I wish they would. I already have it, but it makes me sad to see young users talking about never having played the game that started it all...

^ My thoughts exactly. ^
    I loved Unleashed SO much.
    And Makin' Magic.
    Oh what the heck, it was ALL just SO awesome!
    An epic game of epic proportions.
    Of course I wouldn't mind buying it again on Origin,
    but pretty please let me play it on my Windows 8.1 Intel Core i3 laptop!!!
  • Options
    r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    It would be awesome :D
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    oh yeah ! that would be very nice :smiley:
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    KaraStarsKaraStars Posts: 242 Member
    That'd be great! I was actually considering installing it from my disc but apparently sims 1 and windows 8 has compatibility issues so this would be awesome.
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    KaraStars wrote: »
    That'd be great! I was actually considering installing it from my disc but apparently sims 1 and windows 8 has compatibility issues so this would be awesome.

Origin just does not recognise I have it on my computer unfortunately and I would love it to be offered as a download.

I've just been playing the Complete Edition on my Windows 8.1 laptop so it is possible. The problem might be that the oldest separate disks 1, 2 etc. might be even too old for XP?

I had had to buy a new external disk drive as my laptop had no disk drive and USB 3 slots and wouldn't accept the external old USB2 CD drive (no drivers for it). I am playing it in the offered XP mode. The main problem for me was that I had to manually open the CD drive each time to put in the 2,3 and 4th disks as the window wouldn't collapse when new disks were wanted so I couldn't rightclick on the drive to eject each time.

It still takes ages to load and ages to add every neighbourhood and move people in though even with a fast computer and I cannot play it at the resolution I want yet.
  • Options
    Kira101xKira101x Posts: 276 Member
    KaraStars wrote: »

You might still be able to run it if you change the compatibility mode when you run the game, I have to do this for Sims 2. After installing the game, you right-click on the shortcut and click properties, then compatibility and check "run this program in compatibility mode for:" and then select which operating system. Idk which would work but probably Windows 2000 or Windows XP. I've never tried this for Sims 1 though but I assume it would work since it does for Sims 2.
  • Options
    SkyePliskenSkyePlisken Posts: 33 Member
    A digital version for the start of all of this would be a big fan base morale boost right now, imo. Personally, I'm a little disillusioned by the development of TS3 and 4. I have to mod the living daylights out of 3 in order for it to be reasonably playable and 4 is so devoid of content that I'm playing three until there's more content at a reasonable price.

Long story short...I'd love to play TS1 again! Package that bad boy up and put it on Origin as on the house! Goodness knows I've given EA enough of my money these past fifteen years, haha!
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    I'm playing the complete collection right now! This game was so fun, I wish they'd bring back so many of these things. Like the roaming musicians in Old Town and all those great street vendors, candy machines ect. Oh and the 3 course meals downtown that result in a huge relationship boost.

If they'd take everything in TS1, dump it into the TS2 neighborhood/subhood/genetic structure and then add CAST, it would be the perfect game.
  • Options
    Kira101xKira101x Posts: 276 Member
    A digital version for the start of all of this would be a big fan base morale boost right now, imo. Personally, I'm a little disillusioned by the development of TS3 and 4. I have to mod the living daylights out of 3 in order for it to be reasonably playable and 4 is so devoid of content that I'm playing three until there's more content at a reasonable price.

Long story short...I'd love to play TS1 again! Package that bad boy up and put it on Origin as on the house! Goodness knows I've given EA enough of my money these past fifteen years, haha!

I agree completely about TS3 and TS4. TS4 is really boring right now and I get that it's because there's no EPs yet but still, I've just been playing TS2 which I believe is the best of all the sims games. Although it's been a while since I played TS1 so if it ever comes on Origin it might beat TS2 :smile:
  • Options
    mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I want it
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    I remember I had three discs. I had the sims 1, sims vacation (can't remember name, it was the one with the ski resort and the beach), and superstar.

It's been years since I've seen the disks though so would love it to come to origin
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    Yes, that would be awesome! I've never played TS1 :o
  • Options
    blossom8blossom8 Posts: 2 New Member
    Add me to this list because especially with the fact that computers are too new for the sims 1 my Sims 1 game won't run on my computer. I even installed it the way I saw on the web to able to get it to run on windows 7 it was fine played it was a little slow reaction time with the mouse but I haven't played it in a while and tried to play it again it will load but then the screen will minimize and then I go to click on the game and it doesn't really do anything, it just sort of opens up but then imediatly minimizes again. So if they would put it on origin that would be wonderful.
  • Options
    meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    I still play the sims 1 I have it in my pc and I alt tab back and forth between sims 1 and 3. I too believe the sims 2 was the best but if they took the open world and design tool color wheel and add that to sims2 it would be the best version. This 4th game is just like sims1 but fancy graphics.
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    That would be great.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I would LOVE it!! Most of my discs are long gone for one reason or another. I so hoped that EA would put it up as a free download on Origin in honor of the Sims 15th Anniversary, but they didn't.

I'd love to have it remastered and offered for digital download through Origin, free or not. But free would be better, lol.
  • Options
    LostInReverieLostInReverie Posts: 55 Member
    I'd love to have the complete collection again! When Sims 2 came out, I sold all my Sims 1 games to be able to afford it. :( I'd totally play Sims 1 again for the memories and nostalgia. I voted on gog, btw. :)
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    I would love to have all games again. I lost most of TS1 discs and the discs I do have don't work with my computer. I don't know if I could really get into it, as TS2/TS3 do it for me, but I would love to play for the memories and nostalgia.