Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who wants Sims 1 on Origin???

Comments

• LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    plum yeah please! i want this so badly
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • taratara Posts: 8 New Member
    They should definitely add it! And also the Sims 1 would be nice too.
  • VirgileVirgile Posts: 1 New Member
    I want Sims 1 on origin ( I'm ready to pay for )
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    I do want sims 1
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    Yes Please, I miss Bob and Betty!
  • Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    Yep I have some of the sims 1 games but not the complete collection so installing it on windows 10 never works.
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Me! Me! Me! For the thousandth time EA, me!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    Does Origin not let you add the games from the codes then? I'm just about to get my collection down from the loft and was hoping I could add them in to Origin... silly me for expecting to be able to do that!

I would love it if they added it in. I was thrilled with getting the sims 2 collection, though I do also have the discs for it I was always one missing (Celebration Stuff) so it is nice to have the whole lot now and save on disc usage.
  • FancyKitty795FancyKitty795 Posts: 64 Member
    I think it will be amazing if The Sims 1 will release on Origin but, there might be capability issues for most computers due to how old sims 1 is.
    Part of the 82nd Sim-borne Division!
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited April 2017
    I have got the whole collection with disc and I am sad it doesn't work up to windows xp ! I miss this game. It'll be cool to get it with fixes for vista, 7, 8 and 10.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • karasuhimechankarasuhimechan Posts: 41 Member
    I wish it was!! I could start playing it again if it was compatible with my new computer :/
  • ThinkMissPinkThinkMissPink Posts: 160 Member
    The Sims?! On Origin?! Yes, please!!
    Hours and hours and hours spent playing that game...and I would spend years more, haha!
    “I'm curious about that chicken, eating the rock. I mean, he seems to lack the basic intelligence required for pretty much... everything.”
    ―A villager discussing Heihei
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I am still playing The Sims 1 on My Windows 7 laptop, the rest of My Sim games are on My new windows 10 desk top, that is how much I just Luv My Sims games, :)
  • AStrawberrySlushAStrawberrySlush Posts: 57 Member
    I wish I knew about TS2 being on origin! I would have gotten it :(

I would love to see the original The Sims available!
    Origin ID:
    AStrawberrySlush
  • MeggyPlumbobMeggyPlumbob Posts: 46 Member
    Would love to see TS1 on Origin, I spent so many hours on it as a child and it'd be so satisfying having complete set on my Origin.
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    I think it will be amazing if The Sims 1 will release on Origin but, there might be capability issues for most computers due to how old sims 1 is.

Silly excuse for the programmers ;) I got SimCity 2000 Special Edition quite a while ago, it was free on Origin. In other words, they've done it before and a lot of people on the internet made The Sims (1) work on Win10, so I would hope EA has staff that can do it. It would be very sad if they don't.

Also, still hoping everyday it will come to Origin. Come on EA games, the Sims is one of the games that made you what you are today, you could give this as a gift to all the fans out here. Check on Google and see how many people still try to make The Sims 1 work on Win10!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    I would love the Sims 1 on Origin as a digital download. I have every Sims 1, 2 and 3 disc with books in mint condition. I haven’t played the Sims 1 since Sims 2 came out and it would be amazing if it would play on Windows 7,8 or 10. :)
  • YuriTheCreatorYuriTheCreator Posts: 60 Member
    > @FancyKitty795 said:
    > I think it will be amazing if The Sims 1 will release on Origin but, there might be capability issues for most computers due to how old sims 1 is.

I ran TS1 with all the expansions installed on my computer, with no problems at all.
    I guess it depends on the computer, though.
    April 8, 2015 is when I came out of that smelly old closet... 🚶‍♂️🚪
  • UglierPlacebo69UglierPlacebo69 Posts: 54 Member
    I would love to see the original Sims game available via Origin!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    Hmmm... I'm surprised EA didn't create a retro-gaming service for their old games...

Anyway I won't pay for it :p

screen12.jpg
  • mylastsong18mylastsong18 Posts: 3 New Member
    I contacted support and the person i spoke with said the original Sims, Sims 2, and the Harry Potter games were being considered for a release through Origin. No idea if she was telling the truth or not but if she was this is very good news! She may have mentioned some others but those were the ones that i saw and was interested in :smiley:
  • XxIesjuhXxIesjuh Posts: 78 Member
    I think it would be a great idea! I really love the nostalgic vibe of the game and it's a pity that the new Windows 10 makes it harder to play the game with a CD-copy. I always tend to rotate between all the Sim-games. It never gets old.
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    I think it would be good to have it available both on Origin and GOG similar to some of the older SimCity titles; as I'm a little bit more inclined to buy it on GOG first but I then may look to getting a back up on Origin.
    iscQh5U.png
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    I wish I knew about TS2 being on origin! I would have gotten it :(

I would love to see the original The Sims available!

Not sure if you know this but, if you own/buy any Sims 2 game, you can call them with the serial number and they'll add the ultimate collection to your acccount. I did it and they were very nice!
  • venomistressvenomistress Posts: 66 Member
    I miss The Sims 1. Going to work and leaving the baby home alone. The house burning down and killing my family. Offspring that never let you eat or sleep. Ah, good times.