Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @CravenLestat Just realised that I missed your update but good new patterns! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @TadOlson Thanks for answering. I'm going to send you a PM to follow through.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member

The snowman that Donny and I built is starting to melt... :(
    Qchr8lpl.jpg

I decided to do another painting that sold for $325... :)
    kvFZ9a4l.jpg

After doing my painting, I chatted with Donny online as I couldn't get to sleep tonight.
    t1xbDoNl.jpg

When I was done chatting with Donny, I went to the kitchen to make me some waffles for breakfast... :)
    5WESPFxl.jpg

Cleaning up my messy counter before I can eat my breakfast.
    YNOfP9zl.jpg

Then it was back outside to sit on my snow-covered patio to eat my waffles.
    ATtjc2Hl.jpg

After I had cleaned up the breakfast dishes, I decided to go to the Winter Festival for a little ice skating... :)
    yKClOw6l.jpg

Took this picture for @CravenLestat because Betty was at the festival using the ice skating rink as well... :)
    kzzqKLZl.jpg

SS: WEE, I'm having so much fun!
    PRrIG04l.jpg
    lifdwdvl.jpg

Then I went to get my picture taken out in the photo tent outside of the ice skating rink... :)
    q7LOak5l.jpg

Then I was carving some hot apple cider, so I went back inside and brought me some... :)
    vivj4Cql.jpg

SS: This hot apple cider is very tasty... :)
    uTTS5SRl.jpg

Then I saw @thuggishsplicer SS, Marcus outside building a snowman.
    SS: What was that black powder that Marcus just threw on the snowman?
    JNNVMgRl.jpg

SS: Oh no, Marcus just built a grime reaper snowman... :#
    GPy2DBRl.jpg
    mQ7jTXdl.jpg

Then it was off to the Prism Art Studio to do some glassblowing... :)
    mgubP1ml.jpg
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @emorrill thanks for your response. I am glad that there is a simple fix. I haven't been on my pc for a few days (which is why I'm just now responding) so will have to check that out shortly when I get back in game.

I didn't mind the adoption. I was actually kinda happy about it and disappointed when the dog was gone. I love the concept of story progression and just wish it was more consistent.

I already use NRaas mods, which is how I know that there are enough to make my head spin and I came looking for advice. @TadOlson has offered to provide some long term solutions, including some NRaas advice, and I am following up with him.

Thanks to both of you for responding to my plea for help. I knew I could count on fellow Simmers for some help.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    I cried for about 15 minutes before just admiring the snow falling on starlight shores for about 390 minutes.
    I have yet to actually play. :p
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    After my short Sims 4 break I've been enjoying customising Sunlit Tides. After reading detailed instructions and after some initial confusion, I've added 2 diving lots to the town so far. Both are simple and are meant for my Sim to catch fish and harvest kelp; "discovering" treasure that I placed myself doesn't sound fun, so I'm not sure I'll place any!

This diving lot is level 2:
    oIYdDtM.jpg

And this one is level 4 - I imagined it as a sunken shrine guarded by sharks:
    ntWLLfd.jpg

This was such a nice surprise: while in build mode underwater I could see the shore through the surface of the water:
    dsCkSu8.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Hey friends. :)

Just popping in to say I'm not ignoring you all I promise. <3

I've just been feeling frazzled lately and with today being a busy day that's not helping.... :(

I've read your responses (tags) to me and your story updates and I can't WAIT until I get a large amount of free time to respond. I haven't forgotten about ya'll. :blush: {{{{Hugs}}}}}

Talk to you later and Happy Simming!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm back with another video - this time a much shorter CAS video!

Click on the picture to watch on YouTube!
    Noelani%20Koi_zpsamcnysm8.png
  • Options
    @aricarai Is two different sets/items

The top I love default so that is how it looks when you get it,with the cute fruit on it here is the link to it in the store.

Top is from Surf's up Sun and Fun set called the Fruity Bikini top

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:68101

Bottom is from Life's A Beach Set is called the Silky Sarong

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:21489

I thought I had money on my acct Aricarai was going to gift them to you but I used it on random simmers.But if you can be patient will put money on tonight and get em for you. <3

Aww...that's super sweet of you! You don't have to do that <3
    I actually just check and I do have the top, but not the bottom! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2017
    @aricarai You own it now :*

@Coco Hope you like that awesome outfit in my first pattern pic You own it now :kissing_heart:

@lisasc360 You know that bucket hat with long hair Pearl Yang wears in this pic?? you own it now :kissing_closed_eyes:

Screenshot-3073_zpsqevslysl.jpg

@emorrill That keep me clean outdoor shower you wanted,you own it now <3 .Now go take a shower you smell like onions :D

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited June 2017
    @aricarai Great video lovely voice too. You have
    so much cool cc haha I am always downloading cc but sometimes it is not
    looking as good ingame as on the photo shown. Great video.
  • Options
    @aricarai You own it now :*

Thank you <3
    @aricarai Great video lovely voice too. You have
    so much cool cc haha I am always downloading cc but sometimes it is not
    looking as good ingame as on the photo shown. Great video.

Aww, thank you m'dear! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I've banned myself from CC until I sort out my folders. I thought I was all organised and then I went on that spree!
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Not much happening in game yet. Still trying to find the gaming groove. I have a ghost hunter sim I keep forgetting to send to work. Other than that, I'm still getting to know my Sims.

Happy Simming, all!!
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @coco You really caught some wonderful expressions to go with the drama of the story.

@CravenLestat Lovely new patterns!

@Silverofdreams30 Great pics of Allister. :)

@lisasc360 It is nice to see Lisa back! She sure is enjoying all the winter activities. Oh...Mark built a Snow Reaper!

@KatNip The snow is pretty in the Sims3.

@PalmArrow Your dive spots look fun.

@aricarai I enjoyed the video getting to see your surfer chick Noelani evolve. I don't do water as much as I used too. I live on an island, but seen too many pics of sharks in the water so I will get my toes wet and that's it. :) I'm scared to count all my cc and I don't even have all I own in my game right now, some of it still in the files I saved from when I had to uninstall the game.
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »

@aricarai I enjoyed the video getting to see your surfer chick Noelani evolve. I don't do water as much as I used too. I live on an island, but seen too many pics of sharks in the water so I will get my toes wet and that's it. :) I'm scared to count all my cc and I don't even have all I own in my game right now, some of it still in the files I saved from when I had to uninstall the game.

Thank you for watching @bekkasan! I stopped going in the water almost immediately after I got certified and now if I'm near it, I'm usually reading under an umbrella! Haha!
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @CravenLestat I am annoyed with it as this is the second time this year I am going to have to repair it. My old PC was the last one to be repaired but I havn't used it for a while until today.

Sadly Sim City 3000 will not work on my old PC either but I can at least be installed :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    Thanks everyone - will reply individually soon :)

@Silverofdreams30 I tried it the other way but the roof doesn't want to seem to comply :( i'm getting off the game tonight before I throw the laptop lol I did make a catwalk type thing that another simmer made in a post of mine but the gable roofs only seem to want to go the other way and not the way I want it to and when it does you have to stop dragging it before it turns then for something I can't seem to get it at the same height nor in the usual straight line? trust me to pick something complicated lol this is the house that inspired the build but it's not totally alike as I wanted more space - i've kinda got the two different styles within this build: http://www.builderhouseplans.com/house-plans/bhp/collections/contemporary-craftsman/hwbdo11407.html

ugh now just seen that it has more pictures than I originally thought it had :|

@aricarai unfortunately that roof goes it's own way even with the gable, maybe it's just me lol
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Page 1621

@TadOlson Thanks :) Great update. I imagine I will have to manage weather as well when I finally install Seasons.

@mycami21 Your pop-up would have been perfect in @emorrill's game! LOL

@CravenLestat I have never played a klepto sim but if they can steal while in rabbitholes that would be amazing!

@coco Thanks for the lovely comments :) I don't really know how I feel about plant babies but I wouldn't mind trying it at some point.
    The science skill really IS boring but I am all about the wishes and they are always wishing to work on the skill :#
    Since I am a Keanu Reeves fan, I imagine my sims might be too. It does look a little like Matrix moves! LOL
    I don't think I have ever seen pink hair happen naturally in my game. Wow!
    Great update and your expressions and body language match your dialogue perfectly!
    I can't wait to see why Hui and Ho are so upset!
    The children look adorable :)
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    @CravenLestat,
    @lisasc360 You know that bucket hat with long hair Pearl Yang wears in this pic?? you own it now :kissing_closed_eyes:
    Thank you... :) My Sims and I will love it... :kissing_heart:
    @lisasc360 Not sure if you ever watched a bunch of twilight zones but your alien looks just like the one from a TZ episode :o He is awesome and you did it without even trying for that look.
    Sometimes we will watch the TZ shows and that includes the 1980's version of them as well... :)

This is the first Pluto Mars that I made before my hard drive had died on me.
    zEd6qKCl.jpg

Nice patterns... :)

@bekkasan,
    @lisasc360 It is nice to see Lisa back! She sure is enjoying all the winter activities. Oh...Mark built a Snow Reaper!
    Thank you... :) hehehe, that's the first snow reaper snowman that I have ever seen in any of my games... :)
    @lisasc360 that is a cool place for your alien. I would feel just a tad bit exposed with all the windows, but, it is cool. :)
    Thank you... :) I was trying to go for a spaceship like look with it.

This is the other one that I had built for him. I really need to go and rebuild it since this was done before my hard drive had died on me.
    1DgERkVl.jpg

@TadOlson,
    @lisasc360 -Thanks for your comment.We've got to try to win enough lotto money to be able to buy a property and get a house built to suit us.
    You're welcome... :) Oh how I wish that I could win one of those big jackpot lotteries and be able to afford to buy a nice house. One that's not too big since it's just the hubby and I, so we really only need a small one that has at least 3 bedrooms so that we can take one and put our PC's in there and take the other one and make into my arts and crafts room... :)

Nice update... :)

@coco,
    @lisasc360 Yep 2 hours is just too long. It frustrates me so much to watch anything loading slowly. Nice tips about the ITF elevators, I've never used them myself.
    I agree I'm too impatient when it comes to uploads and downloading stuff that takes forever to do. Thank you... :) I've only used them in 2 different houses that I built and they were both for Pluto Mars... :)

Nice update... :)

@aricarai,
    @lisasc360:
    * Oh no, I hope your internet gets fixed soon!
    * Pluto Mars - I like that name and what a house! Awesome!
    Same here. Verizon calls here everyday with an automated message asking about our open ticket and if we still need and I just keep hanging up on them as I am refusing to close the ticket until it gets fixed.
    Thank you... :)

@Silverofdreams30, nice update... :)

@PalmArrow, nice dive lots... :)
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    @PalmArrow, I've been wanting to get one of the beach type worlds from the store. Does Sunlit Tides have a lot of known issues? I would love any feedback you could give about the world.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Page 1622

@CravenLestat Stunning patterns as always :)

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks :) Great update. Alistair is adorable :)

@aricarai If you do a LP I will definitely check it out. I generally find watching other people play frustrating as I like to see things done my way but I do make exceptions for friends :) Also it is interesting to see content I don't have being used.
    Vampires are not nourished by human food. They don't get sick, they just stay hungry. Human sims, of course, get sick when they eat plasma fruit or food made with it.
    I wouldn't say vampires are naturally irresistible. Of course, I have given Beau the irresistible trait because I think he is irresistible ;) I have found, however, that actives are attractive to inactives. It's probably programmed in because it would be boring if you took your sims out and no-one interacted with them ;)
    I do have the relativity mod. Could not play without it!
    Robot fish are not edible but they are good for fulfilling wishes for the weight-based fish wishes. Catching a fish over 1,000kg is worth 10,000 LTR points!
    Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    Great video! Wow you really did go crazy with the CC downloading! LOL I have been know to do that in the past and ended up with a massive download folder with no idea what I had downloaded. Now I am a little more controlled and download only a few items at a time and place them in the right folders immediately after so I can find them. Good luck sorting yours :)

@MamaSimTee I am glad Neiko is doing well :) I hope he is fully recovered soon :)

@lisasc360 Great update :)
    LOL At thuggishsplicer making a Grim snowman! It's actually a very cute snowman :)
    Those dirty counters upset me and I prefer my sims clean them before eating too!

@PalmArrow Great pics! I agree that treasure you place yourself would not be as fun as treasure just stumbled upon.
    The pic of the shore through the water is beautiful <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top