Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    So, it's actually the day before yesterday (seriously, native English speakers, make a word for that. In Dutch it exists...) but here is the next on Hannah and Piqi, after enthousiastic request :)

There is a word for "the day before yesterday". It's Saturday :smiley:

And tomorrow the word will be "Sunday". :p
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Nevan, Brogan and Michael 5x5

Day 261

Maeve rolled a wish to go fishing before 6am. I cancel this wish more often than not on a school day, but she was fully rested by 4am so I let her fish an hour before sending her back to bed until breakfast.
    35544171535_6e4b394c3b_b.jpg
    No ghosts visited during the night so the family had a quiet breakfast ;)
    35544169515_505d162a5b_b.jpg
    Shay had a wish to catch a 1,000 kilo fish so I put in a robot fish spawner and Brogan and Dermot had wishes to catch vampire fish because the garlic were ready to harvest.
    35544165445_508c86c2bc_b.jpg
    After the kids left for school, Brogan and Nevan were chatting and they hugged several times. Nevan seems to be hugging a lot these days. He must know his end is near or is lonely since Shannon's passing.
    34702732184_47e18cbf2d_b.jpg
    Brogan is still working on increasing his science skill. This is the slowest skill to build that I have ever encountered!
    35544158775_a7c10de8b7_b.jpg
    His experiments are successful more often than not and we have several forbidden fruit seeds tucked away for the future when I might try for a plant baby.
    35157090370_056e220568_b.jpg
    The boys are loving their homework! ;)
    35157089130_a0f9eaa84a_b.jpg
    Shay had a wish to catch a bug :)
    35544152575_cb314ddd91_b.jpg
    Michael had a wish to spar with someone. Nevan is not in the least intimidated :)
    35544150625_83612629c1_b.jpg
    35544148905_05a9ed16f1_b.jpg
    35544147165_bc0b3c9ee2_b.jpg
    Because the boys are both so skilled, the sparring match took over an hour! Nevan won in the end :)
    35544146005_f60d9be8bd_b.jpg
    35544144725_95f889e1b6_b.jpg
    Nevan had an aperitif before enjoying his favourite meal of Grilled Salmon :)
    35157079080_dc4421e18c_b.jpg
    35157107720_0a1839fb5b_b.jpg
    The boys had been skinny dipping in the pool before watching the stars :)
    35157075350_71ff77bfcf_b.jpg
    Although Shay has 6 athletic skill points, Nevan still has the upper hand in a game of catch ;)
    35376541682_f06425b524_b.jpg
    I think Grandpa Nevan has a soft spot for Maeve :)
    35157071880_07ef5c96bc_b.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @TadOlson Great update.

@MamaSimTee I enjoyed the update. Gosh, a little brother/sister coming that is an alien. :grin: Hope you dog doesn't have anything to serious.

@emorrill What a super update. I'm all for Emma having some fun with a handsome man in uniform. That was so sweet of Bruce to bring her the flowers to cheer her up.

@CravenLestat Your Lucretia doesn't look cheap for sure, tough as diamonds maybe. :lol: Glad Daniela got her job back. Doesn't Lola get all jealous with you out dancing with bartenders and playing games with fairy's?

@king_of_simcity7 Great pics of your world and sims.

@GITTE2001 Piqi is an interesting name and is a beautiful tiger cat. I love the scenery in your screenshots. It looks like an amazing place. Glad she didn't get sick or turn luminous from eating the mushroom :smiley:

@Mikezumi Brogan is very excited about his successful experiment. I love watching the sparring. You got some really good shots of those two. The painting reminds me of a scene in an RPG getting ready to fight the big boss fish in the underwater kingdom. :smiley:
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited June 2017
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    So, it's actually the day before yesterday (seriously, native English speakers, make a word for that. In Dutch it exists...) but here is the next on Hannah and Piqi, after enthousiastic request :)

Is this a joke? No, like, seriously, one single word to use instead 'the day before yesterday' which isn't just the day of the week. If I talk about yesterday in Dutch, I say 'gisteren' and if talking about the day before I say 'eergisteren' just a single word. In English there isn't a word for that and it's quite stupid.

@bekkasan Thank you! Honestly, I just typed something and that was the result. With hsi fur the same, just did something. I rarely made cats before.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Mikezumi Nice pictures and good luck with the plant baby :smile:

@bekkasan Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Is this a joke? No, like, seriously, one single word to use instead 'the day before yesterday' which isn't just the day of the week. If I talk about yesterday in Dutch, I say 'gisteren' and if talking about the day before I say 'eergisteren' just a single word. In English there isn't a word for that and it's quite plum.

Of course it's a joke. Although I usually say "two days ago" instead of "the day before yesterday". Or maybe I'll say "a couple days ago".
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @GITTE2001 The English word for the day before yesterday is ereyesterday. It is not commonly used.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I've just updated Part I - Chapter 08 of the Grey Witches, adding some depth and more pics...
    tgw01-08-06.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @GITTE2001 The English word for the day before yesterday is ereyesterday. It is not commonly used.

Yeah, a quick search shows that the word fell out of use in the early 1500's. A man named Nathaniel Ward tried to create a word to mean "the day before yesterday" in the 1600's, but he only ever used it once. And nobody else actually used most of his created words.
  • Options
    @jillbg Cute picture :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited June 2017
    Here is todays update

@jillbg lovely chapter

[img][/img]FT8AIk4.jpg

Ava gave birth and had a baby boy, Too many sims in the house
    so had Holden move with Gizmo to the house next door. I made one
    of the bedrooms to a kid room for later.

[img][/img]UHDoDgR.jpg

Thornton had a quick shower in the morning

[img][/img]VsCoDac.jpg

[img][/img]gUoGLQ0.jpg

[img][/img]BZVYIf6.jpg

Sandi the night before put her kids to bed, I switched hair on Sarah.

[img][/img]A4Yro0b.jpg

[img][/img]4eGV5IH.jpg

[img][/img]UYkF1Bq.jpg

adam took care of the triplets in the morning

[img][/img]e0FKU5u.jpg

Bonus photo

all for now

• Options
    @Silverofdreams30 Nice update a cute toddler pictures :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Smiley_CatSmiley_Cat Posts: 33 Member
    Today my character Joan went from teen to young adult. She got a partial scholarship to university and elected Science and Medicine. Well from the get go Joan was invited to a kegger party and from there all she wanted to do was party. Joan attended lectures but she slept through most of the lectures and come mid term exams she failed each exam. Joan half heartedly dropped out as she knew it is best for the time being Joan return to Sunset Valley and continue living with her parents and her imaginary friend.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 thank you
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    Great updates everyone... :)

@emorrill,
    @lisasc360 Awww! <3 I would take one of those babies in a heartbeat!
    They are all too cute for sure... :) We went back yesterday to see the one that we picked out and to spend time with him/her. The one that we picked out climbed right back up to my shoulder and snuggled as far into my neck as it could and gave me a hug. Then the yellow one wanted to get on my as well as one of the blue ones and one of the ice blues as well as another green one. One of the them did get on me but the one that was on me didn't like another birdie being on me, it was so cute. Then one of the green ones that wasn't one me flew up and landed on my head...lol

Great update... :)

@CravenLestat, Great updates on your SS and Lola... :)

@Mikezumi,
    @lisasc360 I am sorry that you are having such a hard time with the loss of Williamena. Pets take a huge chunk of our hearts when they go *hugs*
    I hope that the fact that the rest of your area is having problems make Verizon get their act together. Losing one customer may not mean much to them but losing a whole area might!
    Thank you :) Beau is a big softie for a supposedly evil vampire ;)
    That is an adorable picture of all those baby birdies <3
    Thank you... :) I guess I should be happy that I was able to spend a lot more time with her in these last 5 years since I haven't been working since 2012. When I was working during the week, I only got to spend a little bit of time with her in the morning as I was getting dressed and ready for work and then after work once I got home any where between 4:30-5:00 PM and then weekends. And yes, they do take a big part of us when their time is up and have to leave us.
    Yeah I really hope so to as this is just getting out of hand since it seems like they don't really want to fix the issue but still expect their customers to pay their monthly bill.
    You're welcome... :) He sure does look like a big softie... :smiley:
    Thank you... :)

Great updates on Beau and Lotta and Nevan & Michael & Brogan... :) Great looking paintings... :)

Ouch! The picture of Dermot's face planted in the bowling lane... :s

@TadOlson,
    @lisasc360 -Thanks for the comment.We're currently living in a house that fails to meet our housing needs as it doesen't have enough bedrooms or a basement apartment that would work for my bedroom while the other three bedrooms are for others in our family.
    You're welcome... :) Sorry to hear that about your housing situation. When I met the hubby back in the day, he was still living at home with his mom and step-dad. The house that they were renting had 3 bedrooms upstairs and one room that was converted into a bedroom downstairs. Of course his mom and step-dad had the master bd while his sister and her bf had a bd and then and his nephew, his sister's son had the other bd that was upstairs, then his younger brother had the bd downstairs. So the hubby had to put up a bed in the laundry room to sleep in but at least he didn't stay there too long after meeting him as he had moved in with one of his brothers who had lived in an apartment that had an extra room... :)

Nice updates... :)

@donnabailey,
    @lisasc360 You're welcome, and I'll be glad for you too when you can bring her home. :) Adorable picture!!
    Hopefully next weekend will be when we can bring home the baby birdie. We went over there yesterday to see the baby bird and she was eating on some of the pellets that they feed them when they get ready to wean them off of the hand-feeding, so it should be any day now that they won't need to be fed from the eye dropper anymore... :) Thank you... :)
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @jillbg Awesome additions. You really are a very talented writer.

@Silverofdreams30 Sweet pics of the triplets with Adam and Sandi.

@Smiley_Cat Hope Joan learns from that experience. :)

@lisasc360 You must be a bird whisperer for them to all flock to you.
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    @donnabailey @bekkasan darn that's the one world that I don't have but thank you anyway ^_^
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Alrighty everyone. I'm going to try and work in some feedback while I have some free time here. :)

I've played every Final Fantasy game. Still working on beating FFIII (not FFVI) and FFXV. And while I want to buy Lightning Returns, that game wasn't particularly good. I rented it from Gamefly and wasn't impressed. I want it more as a completionist. IMO the worst game in the series was FFII due to the absolutely horrible leveling system and how the game punished you with an unwinnable fight (unless you grind every stat for days) if you take one step out of the path the devs want you to travel. Made worse by the fact that where to go next isn't always clear. Second worst was FFXII. Amazing story, but boring game play once you start getting gambits set up. Eventually all you're needed for is to move from point A to point B. Otherwise the game plays it's self.

I literally set my controller down and watched the final battle play out. All one hour of it. Heck, I cleared one entire dungeon without touching my controller. The party would just run towards the next enemy, and since enemy groups were close enough for my "nearest enemy" and "enemy HP=100" gambits to trigger, the party steadily advanced through the dungeon.

@Faerie197 ^Wow. Impressive. :open_mouth: I guess I never thought about how the characters could literally do the whole fight on their own while playing FF12. I LOVED it!!!! One of the best in the whole series! (imo ;) ). Final Fantasy 4, 6, 7, 9 and 10 are also favorites. :blush:

@TadOlson Glad to know I'm not the only one with forum issues as of late. ;)

@CravenLestat Hey, what's wrong with a woman who has a large nose??? I'll have you know my mother's nose is somewhat big (in her opinion anyway, but then again I saw recently that mine looks large in photos so I must get it from somewhere :p) and she has and always will be a gorgeous woman! <3 If I could show you her senior picture from high school and even some pictures of her now you would certainly agree. :smirk:
    *Nice pics of Lucretia in the SWAT shirt. :)
    *When I discovered the playpen teaches toddlers to talk I screamed for joy! :joy: I was like, "Well, that saves my Sims some time! Awesome!" :lol: (I hope that doesn't sound horrible! :p )
    **The pic with Lola and your daughter reading...AWWWW! <3
    **What does Lola think of all these pretty ladies coming over? :p

@Mikezumi Aww, Akantha grabbing her feet before aging up! So adorable! <3 Those dreaded pigtails don't even look good on girls!
    She's beautiful and I love her outfit. :)
    *Oh Lotta, quit scaring your man! :lol: Cute flirty pic between the two. ;)
    *Akantha makes a very cute princess. <3
    *Cute that Tristram wants to be good friends with his sister. Siblings really do make the best of friends. <3
    **Nevan IS a cute elder. <3
    **That cat painting made me chuckle. :grin:
    **Elva's "SCORE" jump! :lol:
    **Oh mylanta! :astonished: That is one EPIC (and fatal looking) face plant by Dermot! :flushed:
    ***Oh George looks so handsome in that pic! :love: (I need a world FULL of some of your men! :p )
    ***5 hugs? I think Elva feels like she should get plenty of those in before Nevan passes... :(
    ***Ugh! Those pigtails on Spike! :grimance:
    ****OMGosh that place where Akantha was fishing, GORGEOUS! <3
    ****Awesome! Beau got Lotta back with a scare! :lol:
    ****That may be a cheap look to you but I can see @CravenLestat drooling over it. :lol:
    *****Oooooo, shirtless hottie overload in that fishing pic! :love:

@donnabailey Thank you sweetie. <3 This is last day I take the horrible meds (tapering off) and then I can move on to the one that really works for me. :) I never should've got off it to begin with, but the dumb doctor at the time wanted me to try something else... It's a long story.
    -No that wasn't Shia Lebouf in that meme, it was Jim Carey. :) Yeah I am not a fan of Shia either. :confused: The Transformers movies...SO overrated imo!
    -You should be finding out very soon who Emma's date was. ;)
    -Girl, you are awesome! One of your guesses is Catarina's problem! :smiley: I should call you Dr. Donna from now on. ;):p Hee hee!
    I can't wait to write about her visit with Emmaline.....
    -"Plums and Giggles!" Lol! :lol: Yeah I can imagine that message from stoopid Photobucket didn't help anything! :confounded:
    -Yeah $400 is fuh-reaking-diculous! :flushed: (I know that isn't a word, but seriously!)
    -I might just have to take you up on that offer to help me with SP. <3 Thanks lady. {{{Hugs}}}
    *That's very weird your images showed up TINY from postimg even though you chose to upload it full size. Doesn't make any sense. :confused:
    **Oh yes...Emma will certainly have some soul-searching to do. Bruce Chesterfield is a hottie sim! :love: Then again so is Sam so... ;)
    **Sorry to hear about your insomnia. :( That always su'cks!

@jillbg Hey there lady! :smiley: How's life going?

@Silverofdreams30 Aww, look at those baby triplets! <3 Beautiful names for them too!
    You always have your toddlers in the cutest hairs! :)
    *Thank you, as always, for your compliments on my Sam story. <3
    **Oooo, Thornton in the shower pic. <3
    **Adorable pics with the grown ups and the kiddos. :)

@aricarai You're welcome and thank you. :)
    No, you don't slide the relationship bar from the mailbox, you click on your sims "Relationships" (where their Needs bar is) and right below the sim's picture you just slide the relationship into the green or down into the red if you want your active sim to ha'te them! :p Does that make sense?
    And yes, downloading awesome CC CAN be addicting! :p

But that said, I have faith in you! Take all the time you need :smile:
    ^Aww, @coco your sweet comment here made my day! <3
    Thank you. :) Yeah there are certain updates where I need LOTS of time to play it all out in my mind and figure out how to get it down just right onto "paper." ;)
    Yes, Emmaline Rhoen is bad news..... :worried:
    -Oh and hubby tried Star Trek Online for a while (he's totally a Trekkie) and he was NOT impressed with it! :confused:
    Star Trek rocks!!! :star:

@PalmArrow Fun update with your Sims 4 game. The last picture is beautiful!

@mycami21 LOVE your Science Laboratory! :star: Very creative. :)

@Karrtiz I love how willing you are to help others out on this forum. <3 You're awesome!

@king_of_simcity7 I would love to see your simmies go off to a vacation world or something. :) Those would make for some AWESOME pictures (that you're so good at taking ;) ). You have WA right?

@MamaSimTee Coming home from college to find your dad pregnant? :flushed: Umm...wow. Poor Althea!
    Yes EA's wardrobe choices can be quite scary! :p

@bekkasan Thank you lady. <3 Yeah, Bruce is a hottie. :love: (Weird saying that since it's my DAD'S name! :flushed: The question is... who will Emma ultimately choose? :p

@lisasc360 Awww, that must mean that is the perfect bird for you then. <3;)
    Thank you. :)

Caught up! Yay! :mrgreen:
    Now I need to get back to adulting. ;)

You all are awesome! Happy Simming!

52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 Thanks! :D

Thanks, @bekkasan :) I was reading through the first chapters and realized they were just, ugh, captions to pictures! So I wrote in some dialogue and stuff, and then I realized the pics weren't quite satisfying neither, so I'm having some fun with Taïga and Derek and kids poses! I hope their story gets a little more substantial, putting some meat on the bones so to say!

screenshot-84.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member

Well anyhow, I wanted to post my video of my sim, Pluto Mars that I made using the ITF tube elevator on his home but for whatever reason when I try to upload a 27 second video to YouTube, it wants to take 2 hours to upload. Not sure if it's because of my slow Verizon DSL as I have never had a short video like that take 2 hours to upload. I had even tried to upload it to Facebook and that was taking just as long and I had never had a video take that long on FB to upload either. I am so mad at Verizon right now since they haven't yet fixed the issue that is causing the internet to keep dropping... :s

But anyhow, the house that I built for Pluto Mars has the tube elevator in it. This is the house that I built for him and it has the tube elevator all stacked up together... :)
    Hufe7EOl.jpg
    jbkem4nl.jpg

When stacking the tubes on top of one another, you want to make sure that you start from the bottom up, which will connect the 2 levels together. So when placing the next one on, go to the floor with the top half of the tube is at and place another set of elevator on that half and continue to do the same thing on each floor that the other half is on... :)

Ground floor where the top half of the elevator is the comes from the basement before placing the next set on it.
    mNrYvgwl.jpg
    T74VRoxl.jpg

After placing the next set on top of this half... :)
    CnaCuOCl.jpg

I won't post the rest of the pictures as you all get the idea. I did place the final set going from the enclosed room at the very top to the roof of that building... :)
    OycD7Pil.jpg

Pluto getting ready to leave the basement and go to the roof of his house... :)
    UtOB174l.jpg
    ugJiAS1l.jpg
    WUpP77el.jpg
    4gGQDzJl.jpg
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    Little update on my dog. He has Lyme's disease. Which, I thought could be an issue. Hubs is a park ranger and has been pulling ticks off him a lot the past month. So it's month worth of meds for my dog and some anti-inflamatory for a week to ease the pain. Poor pup, but at least it is something easy to deal with.

Back to simming now. LOL
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Milliron family is mid week of week 2. like everyone's updates
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2017
    @bekkasan We both have the Eternally Faithful Moodlet,my sim has never cheated.Slow dancing is a friendly interaction not romantic o:) .As far as love letters I recieve them not write them to other ladies. o:) And my gifts are used to decorate my house cannot sell any gifts for funds.

As far as the Parrot girls :love: They are triplets and actual triplets in appearance*Unlike the Lau sisters from Midnight Hollow* Plus they are all beautiful premades,they are adult but you should see them at young adult :o Lucretia has always been my favorite cause of her pinkish hair highlights.Clementine is my second fave.Lucretia in my SWAT pic is adult

The Lau Sisters are triplets also but each is unique looking in her own way,eyes different etc they are Chinese or Taiwanese *It is a Surname* hard to pick a fave but they are all very pretty.You may not know but each modeled my patterns so many times.

Lau triplets in various pics.

Screenshot-1576_zpsxki14zit.jpg

Screenshot-1575_zps28vj7p8i.jpg

Screenshot-1579_zpsjzphikk6.jpg

Screenshot-1581_zpsqb827r2x.jpg

Screenshot-2861_zps5a2shvxd.jpg

Screenshot-3277_zpsxhbynv7l.jpg

Screenshot-3319_zpsigpqgzky.jpg

Screenshot-5448_zpsioty6wpu.jpg
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @emorrill I had Sims go to the WA destinations at the end of last year I think it was :smile:

19452918_10154641758446497_7003456700919960635_o.jpg?oh=e7bf4085863a85a0b1348b88a7d8b99a&oe=59D7329A

19243250_10154641753666497_280353528534367785_o.jpg?oh=2ff88ee71f0dfa12cbea476d4b961b47&oe=59E2843B

19400489_10154641755306497_8787356003190824994_o.jpg?oh=e488da1c50551f054535a4afa1827ba1&oe=59D9BFB5

19466287_10154641757176497_286455656423388616_o.jpg?oh=73309b80dc4f7b2f9052539cefe09708&oe=59E0A609
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top