Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    It wasn't driving that was glitched. At least, I don't think so. Sunrise kept getting a call during the driving lesson, at which point they'd both head home. Everyone would then get stuck getting a meal of left overs (or quick meal) from the fridge, and stand around while holding the plate as they starve to death.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    @Vincent_Vengeance Sounds like Steve relates to people through his music. That's cool.

@Faerie197 Ah, I see. Everyone trying to do things at the same time while the game engine struggled to process it all?

@jillbg Thank you. I didn't know what the official rules were. :)
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 Wow, beautiful scenes! Cool new house! Great to celebrate with a kiss!
    Thanks. :)

@king_of_simcity7 Dag, Warren is silly if he thinks he can call her names, spread rumors about her and then get back with her. He lives in a dream world. Silly boy!

@Charlottesmom Sorry you did not feel like playing. Glad you felt like doing the interview. I enjoyed it. She is cute and funny. I love the pic of her kissing the toad. I didn't see a handsome prince appear in the next picture! I mean Conner is cute, handsome even, but, sign not a prince! :)

@lanlyn Thank you for your comments. :)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Hello all

I will get to responses and comments sometime today. Thank you all for any comments you may have made to me.

I've been busy setting up Cake Island. I have either chosen to include the exact number of sims to add to the world as there are residential lots, or maybe I have chosen a few too many. I've resorted to grabbing houses from my library. Just make sure everyone has a bed and decent fridge, stove toilet and shower.

I've found a few toddlers with no skills and some are due to age up very soon. Aging up in days less than 10 so have built a boarding school. I'm adding families to the empty lots first. When they are all done I'll add individual sims. I'm hoping the game matches a few of them up.

I got them from different worlds so it's possible a few of them have never had the opportunity to meet before.

Since I had so many in my library I am deleting them from it as I add them to the world to make it easier.

The only one I haven't deleted is Petal, because she was the first one I added and she is there it stop me from accidentally deleting sims that belong in the library. Plus that'll be my only copy of her once she's aged up.

Besides that I've been reading your posts and enjoying the pictures too.

Happy Simming

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Good afternoon everyone. :) It's been a rainy day!

"It's raining men! Hallelujah! It's raining men! AMEN!" :lol:

Anyway, feedback time!

@polrbear Charlotte and Jane are too cute. :) Enjoying the story!
    The boy in the window was adorable. <3

@ZeeGee You know, The Next Generation will always be my favorite because that was the Star Trek I was introduced to. But yeah, Enterprise comes second for the same reason as it's your favorite. :smirk:<3

@Vincent_Vengeance Nice interview with Steven. :)

@Mikezumi I guess you don't usually play with the walls down do you? ;) I play when them half down, and then raise them up for pictures. :)
    At least that guy didn't get mad about Fife boasting about his grandkids.
    Oh no! That guy held Brett's hand? :open_mouth:
    ----
    I have no idea what that could mean either! :lol:
    Gorgeous skinny dipping pic. <3 What? It is! :p
    It's always cute when your simmies are stargazing. <3
    ----
    I didn't know you were lactose intolerant. :( I would have a hard time staying away from sweets with milk in it too!

@king_of_simcity7 Lovely fall Uni scenery pics. :)
    Just be yourself around girls. ;) Most of us can tell when guys are being fake or trying too hard to impress.
    ----
    Warren is becoming dangerous... :worried:

@TinySpaceFox OMGosh!!! :lol: That horse video! I gotta admit when I watched it I was like, "Those farts are totally fake and dubbed in!" But then at the end when the lady was like, "Can you imagine having that much air in your intestines and then being able to let it out?" I burst out laughing :joy: I had to watch it again! Thanks for the laugh!
    Sonic rocks girl! :star: My little brother and I used to watch the TV series that was on in the early 90's and we'd play out the episode in our backyard. :) Good times. He was Sonic, I was Tails. I should've been Sonic because I was older, but...I liked Tails better. ;)

@lanlyn New Clue chapters! Yay! :smiley:
    Seriously!? This place is cursed! :flushed: (I'm curious how you are killing all these sims in each different way? :p )
    Good deduction there Boddy...
    I don't think Grim will keep his word to John.
    Go Inspector Grey and Butler Didit! :star:
    ----
    Too bad John... ;) Oh he got hit by a meteor! :open_mouth: Lol! :lol: I knew it. ;)
    Lol! Well at least Frankie learned a lesson! :p
    Clancy's phone convo! :lol: I don't blame him...
    Fantastic lady! :star:

@jillbg Derek's way of saying her name. :lol:
    I'm horrible with understanding accent signs so thanks for the clarification. :)
    Oooo, I don't think I read Taiga's interview! Will do it after this! :grin:

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks lady. <3 You know what they say? "Great minds think alike." ;)<3
    ----
    Bo's got the Sam hair going on. :smirk:
    Pretty snowy pics. <3

@bekkasan Are you not able to veg out on the couch often? :(;) I actually ended up fixing more broken picture links on my blog and I am finally DONE! :mrgreen: And when I was I looked at the clock and it was too late to watch QL... :cry:
    ----
    Ah! You did Victor! :smiley: I am going to enjoy this!
    I also have many people who I consider family members who are not related to me by blood but I will defend to the death.
    ^Aww. <3 YEAH he would!
    The cowplant comment! :lol:
    Plasmacherrytini. Love it! :grin:

@plushtrap_107 It's not uncommon for very popular shows to reach 10 Seasons now. It will probably go that far and then end. :(
    I get nervous what kind of spinoffs will come from it because most of the time those are never good.

@mycami21
    The "it" I was reffering to was the whole Catarina/Craven's plum. exploit.
    ^Ohhhh ok. :p
    Yes! I will PM you right after this!
    No I haven't had the chance to watch that yet. :(

@Charlottesmom It's ok if you do L. :) I totally did Sam and he's not MY character. ;)
    Penny. :) Oh Connor, get your head out of your books and start dating her! (Particualrly that pregnancy book! :lol: )
    No one likes Zelda... :unamused: Ok, I know some do, but I don't. (Even though she has the name of a Princess from one of the most awesome video games ever! )
    The butt pictures! :joy:
    Her animal response! :open_mouth:
    16. Are you strait, gay or bisexual?

Strait, though a huge portion of the males in this town seem to be gay for some reason...I wonder about Dylan, he seems to dream about someone named Simon an awful lot!
    ^LOL! :joy: OMGosh you're killing me here!
    I'd like to see @CravenLestat do the OC Challenge too! :smiley:

@Faerie197
    Upgrade the toilet to be self cleaning? Wish that worked in real life.
    ^Oh gosh RIGHT!? :star: That would be Heavenly!

Going to post Sam answering the OC Questions on here for fun :blush: (I did post it to my blog about a week or so ago).
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Page 2552 (cont.)

@jillbg Loved your three interviews! Their personalities really shone through :)

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks :)

@lanlyn I'm glad they got to the cemetery before John did! Frankie is a great name for a forger!
    Wow! No way John could survive that!
    Ah so Grim always intended to kill John!
    LOL! Clancy is smart to not want to try to arrest Grim!
    Great update!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    My OC Challenge questions with, of course, Sam. <3 (I know some of you have already read this on my Blog, but for those of you who haven't... )

Interviewer: Good afternoon Doctor Beckett. Thank you for allowing me into your home for this interview today.

Interview_with_Sam.jpg

Sam: It’s my pleasure.
    Interviewer: So, you’ve become quite popular among the residents here in Hidden Springs. From a simple Scientist, who also carries a medical and other degrees, to the Royal Family’s Concierge Doctor, and then exposing the horrible medical practices of the renowned holistic physician Miss Emmaline Rhoen.
    Sam: *Nods*
    Interviewer: Tell me, How do you feel at this point in your life?
    Sam: Great. *smiles* I mean, there’s been a few bumps in the road since moving here, but all in all I’m very satisfied and happy with where I’m at now.
    Interviewer: That’s wonderful. You’ve always come off as this sweet and compassionate man and our viewers would love to get to know you better so, let’s get on with the questions shall we?
    Sam: Shoot. *grins*

What is your full name? Samuel Beckett

Do you know why you were named that? No…I think my parents just liked it.

Single or taken? Taken. We’ve been best friends for a while now and finally decided to take it to the next level. *blushes*

Oh Stop being a Mary Sue! Mary Sue? Don’t you mean ‘Gary Sue?’ *winks* I’m not trying to be…

What’s your eye color? Hazel

How about hair color? Light brown. Although I do have a streak of white hair above my forehead which I try to hide among other dark strands of hair. *chuckles* I don’t really remember why it’s there, but I think my friend Al once told me it was the result from surgery after a car accident I was involved in. Actually, I need to ask him about that again.

Have you any family members? Yes. My older brother Tom and my younger sister Kate.

How about pets? Do dairy cows count? *chuckles* Oh you mean NOW? Well…I have a Koi fish named Al and a Spotted Sixam named Ziggy. I couldn’t help it…

That’s cool, I guess. Now tell me something you don’t like? *thinks* Evil people. Those who deliberately hurt others and don’t care a bit about anyone but themselves.

Do you have any activities/hobbies that you like to do? I enjoy playing the piano and singing, especially with my dear Emma. I miss playing games of Basketball with my brother. I also enjoy dancing. Oh and anything related to Science or Time Travel.

Have you ever hurt anyone in any way before? Physically? I’d never hurt anyone physically unless they were trying to deliberately hurt or kill me. If I’ve ever hurt anyone emotionally, it was not my intent, unless what I said was deserved.

Ever… killed anyone before? Yes. In self defense.

What kind of animal are you? *laughs* I have no idea!

Name your worst weaknesses. Is it bad if I think I don’t have any weaknesses? *laughs* Honestly I can’t think of any at the moment. But I do realize I have some when I'm faced with certain life situations.

Do you look up to anyone at all? I’ve always looked up to my Dad and my brother. They both had a huge impact on my life for the better. Also one of my college professors who helped me develop my “String Theory.”

Are you straight, gay or bisexual? Woah…Uh, I think it should be quite obvious that I'm Straight.

Do you go to school? Nope. Been there done that. *laughs*

Ever want to marry and have kids one day? Most definitely!

Do you have fangirls/fanboys? I imagine I probably would if my life story ever became a book or a TV show, but I dunno. *looks away blushing*

What are you most afraid of? Heights.

What do you usually wear? Casual dress mostly. Button up shirts. I like to feel comfortable.

What’s one food that tempts you? Oh there are so many! Let’s just say anything that’s sweet.

Am I annoying you? Not at all.

Well, it’s not over! Alrighty then. *smiles*

What class are you (low class, middle class, high class)? In terms of my social status and educational background, I’m considered high class to most people. But I’ve always considered myself to be a middle class man. The son of humble dairy farmers.

How many friends do you have? I’m honored to admit I’ve developed many friendships throughout all my travels. I don’t have an exact number.

What are your thoughts on pie? Delicious! Especially my mom’s.

Favorite drink? I don’t have a favorite.

What’s your favorite place? Home. It’s always been home. And now it’s here with Emma.

Are you interested in anyone? Yes. My Emma and no one else.

That was a stupid question? Nothing stupid about it. You were just confirming. *winks*

Would you rather swim in a lake or the ocean? Ocean all the way.

What’s your type? A woman who is smart, not just in the head, but with life in general. Selfless and loves unconditionally. Also spiritual.

Any fetishes? *pauses* No.

Camping or indoors? I enjoy a little camping every now and then, but the luxuries of indoor life is always a win.

Interviewer: Indeed! Well thank you so much for your time Doctor Beckett. It was a pleasure getting to know you a little bit better.

Sam: Thank you.

:)

I'll do Emma eventually and post it here and then onto my blog. :)
  • Options
    Page 2553

@Silverofdreams30 Great update :) Lovely snow scenes :)

@ciane "Not I, but as a self-sim I can tell you that the “self” is NOT blameless!" LOL
    Great interview :)

@plushtrap_107 Thanks :) I think they are having a good time :)
    Neptune and Fabian are cute toddlers :)
  • Options
    Page 2554

@mycami21 I finally installed the mod and I bought a nice stove for the base camp :)
    I can imagine seeing the walls unfinished would be a bit annoying but, fortunately, I have never been one to care much for my environment as long as it contains my loved ones and toys so I could probably leave them unfinished indefinitely ;)
    I am also sad the boys' vacation is coming to an end but I am looking forward to getting the next generation started. The boys will still have a minimum of 8 elders days once they get home.

@Silverofdreams30 Great update :) More lovely snow scenes :) What a sweet way to celebrate their move :)

@king_of_simcity7 Emily looks so sad :(
    She should change her phone number!
    Congrats to Emily on completing her LTW :)

@MoonandStars83 That doesn't sound like fun at all :(
    Glad your game is running well and happy birthday to Abigail :) That's a pretty name and I might have to use it some time :)

@Charlottesmom Loved your interview and the opening pic of Penny kissing a frog :) Everyone knows one needs to kiss a few toads before they meet Prince Charming ;)
    Zelda is a flirt always! LOL
    Butt paintings! LMAO
    She has quite the collection!
    She should totally resurrect Annabelle!
    Keep away from those jellybeans! :o

@Nikkei_Simmer Because Australia is a dry country people of my generation are good at conserving water. "If it's yellow, let it mellow."

@bekkasan Loved Victor's interview :)
    Marty Stu! LOL
    I bet he does have some interesting stories on his kills!

@lanlyn Thank you and you're welcome :)
  • Options
    @emorrill I play with the walls down but like the walls up for taking pics.
    Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    It is not unusual for Japanese to be lactose intolerant and I seem to have inherited it from my mother.
    Don't get me wrong - if I crave a cream cake I will eat it and consequences be darned! LOL
    Great interview with Sam and I enjoyed the introduction :)
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @emorrill I play with the walls down but like the walls up for taking pics.
    Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    It is not unusual for Japanese to be lactose intolerant and I seem to have inherited it from my mother.
    Don't get me wrong - if I crave a cream cake I will eat it and consequences be darned! LOL
    Great interview with Sam and I enjoyed the introduction :)

@Mikezumi In Bold: That's interesting...I sure learned something new today. :)
    Italics: Can't blame you there! :lol: Yum yum!
    Thank you <3
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hello everybody, I'm really excited today to share a story I've been working on in my free time over the exam period. This one will be a lot longer than my previous stories, but I hope you enjoy :> Let's jump right in, shall we?

Sugar: A Sims 3 Story

Part 1: Introductions

Jessa

Hey, name’s Jessa, Jessa Belle. What else you wanna know?
    AziIulI.jpg

I live in Riverview. Nice place, but some people say it’s a little bit boring. Can’t say I’m bored though, seems I’ve always got stuff to do.
    yhco8Mv.jpg

I work part-time at the local spa: 3 hours a day, 3 days a week. The pay is peanuts, but I don’t have much of a choice.
    BRlwkwa.jpg

To make some extra cash, I do some fishing and painting on the side.
    IzdIqqE.jpg
    wbKZQ10.jpg

You’re probably thinking that all this takes hours…
    Yeah, it does.

You’re probably thinking that it must be really tiring juggling all these tasks…
    Yeah, it can be.

But at the end of the day…
    I do it all for her.
    4yXL6S6.jpg

It’s tough being a mom, but honestly I don’t know what I’d do without my Mia.
    RUtLwtz.jpg

All I want is for her to grow up in a safe, drama-free environment, and I’m willing to do everything I can to make that happen.
    BBde4DV.jpg
    bymp0YQ.jpg

I love dancing, but I don’t get much free time.
    SIahcGf.jpg

Dancing was a really useful skill back when I was a sugar baby… I remember how my clients loved it.

Sugaring was pretty fun and all, and I remember how much more money I made as a sugar baby back in the day.
    But after something that happened a few years back, I told myself my days of sugaring were over. Honestly though, I’m not so sure about that now.

Mia will be starting school soon, and my job at the spa isn’t gonna be enough to cover her school fees.
    h1ef8fK.jpg

Maybe I’ll be going back into the sugar baby business…
    xpYtImA.jpg

But I better make sure to be careful this time.

(EDIT: Just a tiny edit to let you know, I've made a master thread for this story in the Stories and Legacies section too :) )
    Post edited by TinySpaceFox on
  • Options
    Sugar: A Sims 3 Story

Part 1: Introductions

Martin

Uh, why am I here again?
    adLUyl3.jpg

Oh, that’s right, I’m on a work posting.
    zyTvHki.jpg

Well, it looks like this place is gonna be home for the next year or so. It’s not much compared to my house back home, but I guess I’ll get used to it.
    AhUtoJD.jpg

Oh, sorry, I forgot to introduce myself! How rude of me! My name is Martin Flannagan.

I work in law enforcement as a forensics analyst. I do lots of fieldwork, taking photos, samples, stuff like that, and analyzing them in the lab.
    FTkhAe9.jpg
    sL6i2kA.jpg

I love my job. I enjoy the challenges and the problem-solving that come with it. The pay doesn’t hurt either. But well, it’s a little hard to have fun when you’ve just been plonked into a completely new town…
    EtV6XTq.jpg

I think I’m already homesick.

Okay, okay, I should stop being so negative, it won’t do me any good.

Looking on the bright side, this is a chance for me to learn new skills…
    3KrV3ri.jpg

And hone existing ones…
    ib9QZKk.jpg

I mean, you don’t get views like this back home!
    kh4nmjt.jpg

Maybe I’ll make new friends… some way or other. Never been very good at that stuff, but I can try.
    tPktFfO.jpg

Maybe I’ll get abducted by aliens! Ha!

Oooooor….. maybe… I’ll find love!
    VUpVtKV.jpg

……

……

Pssssshhhhh… HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    PQrjqdv.jpg

Nah, I think the aliens will take me first!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited April 2018
    Mikezumi wrote: »

@Mikezumi, @emorrill, Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I can down an entire cheesecake and not have to pay for it in flatulence and a run to the washroom. Of course it all goes to my belly in weight gain. :(

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @TinySpaceFox Great start to your new story! What a wonderful mother Jessa is :) Her little Mia is adorable so I can see why she does what she can for her. I hope going back to sugaring won't be a mistake! Looking forward to what happens next in Jessa and Mia's lives :)
  • Options
    @TinySpaceFox You posted another update while I was typing my last comment! Lovely seeing Martin again :) Awwww he's looking for love! I wonder if he will meet Jessa? ;)
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer My brother and I, unfortunately, got it from mum. My sister has no problem with dairy at all!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Interesting how genetic chance plays a role in whether someone gets certain things. For me, motion sickness seems to be passed along the line. I'm OK in an airplane or in a vehicle, but if the car cabin is too warm...or I drink milk before I drive, the motion sickness and warmth combine for a nasty combination (the desire to heave). My kids unfortunately inherited that too (the motion sickness part).
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer I suffer terribly from motion sickness and my son seems to have it worse than me. We flew back to Australia every year of his life from 3-14 (when we moved back to Australia for good) and he threw up the whole time there and back.
  • Options
    @Mikezumi I'm happy you enjoyed my posts :> Yeah, I missed my boys a lot over the exam period... that's how addicted I am to this game :tongue:
    I'm Chinese but I can take dairy pretty well. I just love my yoghurt, my cheese, and my ice cream :) Plain old milk, not so much. I did used to have some lactose intolerance, but I think I just built up the tolerance over time (starting with small amounts and then increasing gradually) because I just couldn't stay away from my dairy :D
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @TinySpaceFox It is true that Asians generally have no problems with yogurt because the live culture does something to the lactose. I can even eat yogurt and love it :) My mother always made me drink my Yakult while I was growing up :) It is also true that lactose intolerance can diminish over time in the way you state by gradually increasing lactose in the diet. I guess I have just never pushed myself far enough to make it abate since I don't really care for dairy, apart from the occasional cream cake or ice cream :)
    I bet you did miss your sims while studying! I can't be away from my sims for long ;)
    I actually downloaded Sims Mobile on the weekend. Not sure if I like it but it gives me something to do during the commercial breaks when I am watching the news or some favourite TV shows :)
  • Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    @Mikezumi, you're actually able to PLAY Sims Mobile?! I installed it on my tablet a week and a half ago. I uninstalled it last night since I kept being told the server was unavailable when I'd try to play. Regardless of the day or time, server issues meant I couldn't even consider playing it.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    @Faerie197 I have had no problems at all with it. It loads every time I try. Sorry you are having problems with it.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @emorrill , Thank for posting it! It did cheer me up, though I just needed to cool down for a few and not think about how stupid I can be at times. As I told C I should have moved to another window (I switch to flickr normally) when I got up then sitting down and bumping my mouse by accident wouldn’t have killed all that feedback. I was watching FFXV videos on youtube to get me in a better mood. Will be doing it all over again tomorrow.

**Sam is a super nice guy, not a mean answer in the lot, I learned a few things about the character too. I look forward to Emma!!

@Mikezumi , Speaking of Sims Mobile, This is the chippy I created:

41591520811_6e472a2542_z.jpg

Talking to Bella:

41591520281_4e44211bb4_z.jpg

You got further than me since I think I only played for 1/2 hour or less I got to the second or so thing you had to do in the barista career...show me who you created... :smiley:
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom I am playing 2 sims and I will take pics when my iPad is charged. It's on the other side of the room being charged now. I am playing on my newish iPad and it normally doesn't need so much charging but this game eats through it! My old iPad loses power just by looking at it ;) My sims are married and I just bought a crib so I imagine I will have a baby soon :) Right now I am working on that ASOS quest to get the clothing even though I think it's pretty hideous stuff LOL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top