Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show us your recent WIPs here!

Comments

• Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    edited June 2017
    @reanseih well I love your exteriors . I hope you complete the last one, it looks really promising. I really like the houseplan and how you placed the emitters in the foundation.

Post edited by Jouvay on
  • Options
    reanseihreanseih Posts: 265 Member
    Jouvay wrote: »
    @reanseih well I love exteriors lol. I hope you complete the last one, it looks really promising. I really like the houseplan and how you placed the emitters in the foundation.

Thanks~! Well, it'll come along... sooner or later. I just really don't know what I want to do with it right now. Then again, that goes with all my builds, and thus my slump with absolute crap interiors... =w=
    青天白日滿地紅 Blue Sky, White Sun, and a Wholly Red Earth
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Each of your WIPS are looking very nice! @reanseih :) Very nice exterior designs of them! The A frame home looks great! They are all very nice.I hope that you will enjoy working on completing the homes at some time.
  • Options
    Hey guys... is the dishwasher sticking out from the back of an island a significant deal? Can't decide if I want a better flow or a prettier backside. :neutral: Don't really want to have to resort to putting up a wall.

k9guKPx.png

And somehow I only just realized I don't need a camera sim... orz The interface gets removed from screenshots, I didn't know this! D8
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @reanseih It doesn't matter. The room areas look great.

Ok! Imma just roll with it, thank you~! :D

Update: !#$% I crashed. Lost the last what... 4 hours? Screw it.
    Post edited by reanseih on
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • Options
    HeavenessHeaveness Posts: 647 Member
    Thanks @rosemow and @Laebeth sorry for late reply. I got sidetracked again and was busy again :smile: working on the build atm. Hope to finish it soon~!
    My Origin ID: Heaveness680
  • Options
    reanseih wrote: »
    Hello @reanseih It doesn't matter. The room areas look great.

Ok! Imma just roll with it, thank you~! :D

Update: !#$% I crashed. Lost the last what... 4 hours? Screw it.

Hello
    I am sorry that your game crashed and you lost your work that you had been doing! :( It is not nice at all when that occurs!
  • Options
    HeavenessHeaveness Posts: 647 Member
    @reanseih well that sucks... you should make a habit of saving every 5 minutes to avoid this kind of problem. I think you should keep at it and finish it. I would love to see the finished product! Who knows whne you are rebuilding it you might get a new idea for it.
    My Origin ID: Heaveness680
  • Options
    Soraya4simsSoraya4sims Posts: 223 Member
    Hello! im working on a new build but im a little stuck in the kitchen with the wallpaper! i dont know which one i must use. Can you help me ?

this is the house
    LNAWPPv.png

this is the room
    ayNlGQG.png
    #Soraya4sims check out my videos on YouTube! YouTube.com/soraya4sims
  • Options
    Your WIP is looking very nice! @Soraya4sims :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The balconies and patio look very nice! It is great that there is a double garage! I think that either of the first two wallpapers would look nice in the kitchen.
  • Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Soraya4sims A lot will depend on how you want to do the rest of the room--I assume the big empty space on the left is going to be your dining area? Maybe you want to do that first, and then see what wall finish flows best with it ... or if you want to continue the dining room wall finish into the kitchen.

Disregarding that, though, I think I'd go with (from left to right) the first, the third, or (maybe) the fourth. The diagonal tile (second) and the large-format tile (sixth) seem a little modern in contrast to the very traditional, "homestyle" flavour you've got going with the exterior and the choice of counter, Meanwhile the glossy ceramic of the seventh option seems (in my opinion) better suited to bathrooms or commercial kitchens where cleaning up with a high-pressure hose is a viable option. The fifth option seems a little plain considering the size of the room.

Have you considered exposed brick?
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Xinquin I took your advice and added some contrast. I think this is my final touch up for the front exterior( who am I kidding I'll probably change it again :p )

iUg85jA.png

Now working on the interior. I'm not satisfied with the arches. Had to use peacemaker's three tile version of the keystone arch but still don't like it.
    zrHpOlD.png
    dZAMF5A.png

@reanseih That's a beautiful room. If the back bothers you, maybe you can moo cheat the marvel the marvelous marble side table to the back but I'm not sure if sims will still be able to sit , and it may look odd with piece of it seen when you open the dishwasher.

@Soraya4sims I like the first strip of wallpaper from the left.
  • Options
    The addition cf the contrast to the front exterior adds a very nice look to the home! @Jouvay :) The dining area looks very nice! The type of dining seats used and the curtains looks very nice. Very nice cc wall pattern in the room. The crockery cabinets are nice home touches there. Very nice design of the kitchen! The stove archway nook looks creatively great! The wall tiling looks nice and it looks very nice how the kitchen cabinets are placed either sides of the stove nook. The island curved bar stool counter is great! The flooring texture looks nice.
    The build is looking great! :)
  • Options
    Jouvay wrote: »
    @reanseih That's a beautiful room. If the back bothers you, maybe you can moo cheat the marvel the marvelous marble side table to the back but I'm not sure if sims will still be able to sit , and it may look odd with piece of it seen when you open the dishwasher.

I did play with the idea of using moveobjects to cover it up buuuut, it looks weird having only one side covered up, and I really liked the stone texture.
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • Options
    ScarletPipperScarletPipper Posts: 546 Member
    edited July 2017
    Why not! So I just made the huge mistake of not considering timing and shared a bunch of WIPs as soon as they were finished, leading to almost a build a day and now I'm so uninspired and unhappy with my current WIPs that I have way too many. If I really like the exterior, I think it's too big and I don't want to furnish it, so I started a small suburban family home (which I love to furnish) but I'm not quite happy with the shell. So, please, enjoy these ugly, unedited photos!

Nothing at the moment stands out to me as something I should focus on, so please let me know if there's any one build in particular I should hone in on. I really need a third party opinion.

Note: None of these are landscaped and the only thing really done is the general look of the shell.

This is the small suburban, but I am not a huge fan of the exterior like my other family homes.
    34859388073_0ddaa4d833_z.jpg

A large countryside family home that I actually don't mind the exterior, but it just really strays from my normal style.
    34827298924_6c4057b4b4_z.jpg

A huge Oasis Springs villa that I might just straight up abandon becuase of the sheer size and the landscaping issues I will have.
    35281297500_dd95250a11_z.jpg

Ok, so I actually like the exterior, but the furnishing might take a while since there is a bit too much extra space. I think I have an idea, though.
    35668514425_affaee8566_z.jpg

A relatively old shell that I still haven't done anything with, but might revisit.
    34827298184_2ec03f7798_z.jpg

So the last shell is again one I've had for a few weeks, but it doesn't really have a style. I'm honestly not a fan and again might abandon it.
    35668514685_4f0cefef3a_z.jpg

I know I sound kinda negative in this, but I really don't know what to do. In the end I might use a couple of these and then just might not use the others so please let me know.
    Sims 4 player and builder!
    37245817526_0930d9f6c5_b.jpg
    Request from me or one of my great teammates!
    Gallery | Showcase
  • Options
    Each of rhe shells look very nice! @ScarletPipper :) It would be great to continue to work on them when you would like to . The designs of each of them look very nice, and especially number 5!
  • Options
    Soraya4simsSoraya4sims Posts: 223 Member
    i'm done with the kitchen and living room.
    Hello! im working on a new build but im a little stuck in the kitchen with the wallpaper! i dont know which one i must use. Can you help me ?

this is the house
    LNAWPPv.png

this is the room
    ayNlGQG.png

Little update on the house
    AtKinf2.png
    MjhtSbG.png
    #Soraya4sims check out my videos on YouTube! YouTube.com/soraya4sims
  • Options
    Your WIP is looking very nice! @Soraya4sims :) Very nice open playout of the kitchen, dining and living areas. It looks nice how you have used the wall dividers to separate off the kitchen area. Nice sofa seats sitting nook for sims to enjoy,resting there watching tv. They will have fun playing chess with sunshine coming in onto them through the windows. The build is looking great! :)
  • Options
    @ScarletPipper I would LOVE to see the second and fourth one completed! One thing I’m just horrid with doing are garages, since I always just squeeze it in after finishing the exterior... orz They end up in weird places and just overall unconventional. I love how your garages fit with the builds so well!
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @reanseih Those are the two I probably will continue with (as well as maybe the first). I kinda wasn't really in the mood to work on them though, so I literally just made and finished a completely different build yesterday and today ^_^ I procrastinate builds by building something else. To be fair I'm very happy with how it came out, so we're all good.
    Gallery | Showcase
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    :T A lil update, but honestly, I don't think I'm liking anything I'm doing right now... A lil too late to start over but just not feeling it. Dx Already redid the layout a million times... And I just realized I don't think the exterior fits either. =w=

The willow tree that was in the yard will go back in soon as I'm done fiddling with the exterior tho, was just so in the way.

http://imgur.com/a/g7e5y
    U5BnpbX.png
    TnuJMR9.png
    GtQYIo6.png
    Cu8N9cE.png
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • Options
    The build is looking very nice! @reanseih :) Very nice design and layout of the build! It looks very nice how you are the trellli/ledges!, The colourful flower boxes windows looks pretty! Very nice pool,and outdoors bar patio! The drsign of the bar counter nook looks very nice. The yellow flowers is a sunny touch there.
    The WIP is looking great! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    The build is looking very nice! @reanseih :) Very nice design and layout of the build! It looks very nice how you are the trellli/ledges!, The colourful flower boxes windows looks pretty! Very nice pool,and outdoors bar patio! The drsign of the bar counter nook looks very nice. The yellow flowers is a sunny touch there.
    The WIP is looking great! :)

Thanks. xD;; I think the whole problem is I wasn't feeling particularly inspired when I started this build, now I've end up with absolutely no theme in mind... Been wavering between wood stone tiles and brick... Nothing is standing out. Dx
    The Sims 4 Gallery
    The Sims 4 Showcase
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Edit: Accidental comment haha
    Gallery | Showcase

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top