Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Level up Skills Cheat

There are cheats to level up your sims skills. I guess it does take the fun out of the game a bit, but good to know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOBGGUnOZUA

Copy and pasted all this.

Open Command Window to enter Cheats: Ctrl+Shift+C

For Adults:

stats.set_skill_level AdultMajor_(Skill) 1-10

Example:
stats.set_skill_level AdultMajor_Comedy 7

This will give your Sim a Comedy skill at Level 7

Major_Bartending
Major_Comedy
Major_Charisma
Major_Fishing
Major_Gardening
Major_GourmetCooking
Major_Guitar
Major_Handiness
Major_HomestyleCooking
Major_Logic
Major_Mischief
Major_Painting
Major_Piano
Major_Programming
Major_Reaping
Major_RocketScience
Major_VideoGaming
Major_Violin
Major_Writing

Fitness Skill Cheat
stats.set_skill_level Skill_Fitness 1-10
Example:
stats.set_skill_level Skill_Fitness 8

Will give you a Fitness Skill of 8

For Children have the cheat code Skill_Child_
Example:
stats.set_skill_level Skill_Child_Creativity 10

Skill_Child_Creativity
Skill_Child_Mental
Skill_Child_Motor
Skill_Child_Social

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Need this for the townies -- thanks.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Awesome. How did you find out about these? These are needed for story telling.
  • Options
    Kahnefan20039Kahnefan20039 Posts: 24 Member
    What is the cheat for mixology?
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    What is the cheat for mixology?

Bartending

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    this takes away the fun of working on skills time to time and putting effort in trying to achieve at something :(
  • Options
    emidiriemidiri Posts: 8 New Member
    Thx
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    Remember when you could just slide the levels in sims 2?
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    bestgamer270bestgamer270 Posts: 1 New Member
    i cant get it to work
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
  • Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Thanks for this! I always find the townies I want to move in are ridiculously unskilled and this will help.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    This cheat is one of the reasons why I didn't buy TS4. In TS3 I spent many weeks creating a superskilled Sim but now you could do this in a couple of minutes if you use cheats - oh, and there aren't any challenges/skill stats.
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    PixelNerd01PixelNerd01 Posts: 1 New Member
    it won't let me do the fitness cheat though?
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    it won't let me do the fitness cheat though?

Enable tesringcheats
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Fitness cheat:
    1. Make sure "testingcheats true" is on.
    2. Type in "stats.set_skill_level Skill_Fitness 10" in the cheat bar.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    kusurusu wrote: »
    This cheat is one of the reasons why I didn't buy TS4. In TS3 I spent many weeks creating a superskilled Sim but now you could do this in a couple of minutes if you use cheats - oh, and there aren't any challenges/skill stats.

@kusurusu, that makes no sense. You're not forced to use the cheat. And Sims 3 had several cheats that allowed you to instantly increase your sim's skills. I spent many weeks, and am still skilling up my sims. All without any cheats.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    @Simulator4, thanks for not using cheats. I just wanted to create a SuperSim for other players but since people could do this in a few minutes I don't really care (and thanks to missing challenges there are already quite a few of them in the Gallery). But this is not the only reason. There's also the fact that weight/fitness won't revert to the original shape or that you get traits because of how you play (e.g. Loner from not socializing).
    Or... toddlers! Not because they're cute and adorable but because they came with their own set of skills in previous games and in my case creating a SuperSim also includes maxing child/toddler skills.
    And finally, I'd like to know what's in those tray files. You could delete the heavy/encrypted sgi/hhi without getting any issues (except you have to save her again before uploading) or missing features). While in 3, I could tell you the meaning of every single byte in my ultimate household file.
    But let's see how this'll evolve till Christmas (after which we can't get our rewards for buying TS3 games anymore).

Or let's just say it's because TS3 skills come with challenges while TS4 ones doesn't.

btw, I don't know of any skill cheats in TS3 - just a few objects or mods. Which ones were you talking about?
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    kusurusu wrote: »

@kusurusu, that makes no sense. You're not forced to use the cheat. And Sims 3 had several cheats that allowed you to instantly increase your sim's skills. I spent many weeks, and am still skilling up my sims. All without any cheats.

I only knew via Master Controller
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited December 2015
    @wildnerdappeared

You must use testingcheats on before using the cheat code.

stats.set_skill_level Major_Comedy 10 instead of stats.set_skill_level AdultMajor_Comedy 10
  • Options
    CorilynCorilyn Posts: 1 New Member
    What's the one for dancing with the get together expansion? Dance and dancing don't work
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Corilyn wrote: »
    What's the one for dancing with the get together expansion? Dance and dancing don't work

Hello @Corilyn
    The cheats for the dancing and DJ skills are
    stats.set_skill_level Minor_Dancing {1-5}
    stats.set_skill_level Major_DJ {1-10}
    ( without the brackets )
  • Options
    GwendliteGwendlite Posts: 4 New Member
    A few of my skills refuse to level with this cheat (most will though), am I doing something wrong with these specific skills? The ones that wont work are Gardening, Cooking, Mixology... so far that's what I've found.

Thanks
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2016
    Gwendlite wrote: »
    A few of my skills refuse to level with this cheat (most will though), am I doing something wrong with these specific skills? The ones that wont work are Gardening, Cooking, Mixology... so far that's what I've found.

Thanks

Those are the tough ones.
    I know for cooking and mixology

Cooking

Sims.set_skill_level major_homestylecooking #

Mixology

Major_bartending #

Gardening should end with major_gardening #

Unless you have that weird glitch where cheats don't work because that's happened to me, I get as far as enabling cheats and I know I'm entering it in right but for some reason they just don't work.

In that case relaunching may help
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Gwendlite wrote: »

Thanks

Hello @Gwendlite
    MasonGamer has helpfully posted the cheats for you. I will also post a link to a list of the skill cheats in case it may help you in the future
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#Skills
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Here is whole list of all kinds of cheats. Some might no longer work and I would have any clue as to which ones because I have the MCCC mod and it covers a lot of the cheats, including skills.

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/778600/ive-compiled-an-extended-list-of-cheats-and-commands/p1

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top