Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    Lola7_7SimsLola7_7Sims Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2014
    What I liked:
    -ability to take a pregnancy test
    -multitasking
    -sims take care of themselves
    -emotions
    -different cabinets (curved, glass front, half sized ones)
    -details of create a sim
    -neighborhoods in worlds
    -wall heights
    -simplicity of color choices for furniture no long waiting time to customize them

What I didn't like:
    -can't add land or homes
    -no basements
    -no cars
    -once pregnant belly is immediately big. No realistic belly growth
    -no auto roof option or a flat roof option
    -no spiral stairs
    - no dining facilities in worlds (sims want more than chips and grilled food when they're out and about. How about a date in a fancy restaurant)
    - When a sim wants to do something with another sim but it's not an option when you click on the other sim. For example my sim wants to enthuse about outdoors but the only option is enthuse about family.
    - not being able to create a baby or toddlers in create a sims
    - Baby to child transition
    - no pools or hot tubs
    -camera controls
    -wall heights affect the entire floor
    -foundation heights affect pre made rooms (like the outdoor rooms(a maze or garden) are built on top of decks wtc. )

Suggestions
    -allow sims to run businesses
    -allow sims to expand their lots by buying the land next door
    -PLEASE do not charge for adding toddlers, Pools, basements, and cars. The sims 4 should be better than the third and if it lacks things from the 3rd we shouldn't be expected to pay
    -add pets
  • Options
    JSitala_28JSitala_28 Posts: 1,016 Member
    What did I tell you. It's always the same story. People want Sims 4 to do the things Sims 3 did!

• Options
    PruThistlePruThistle Posts: 97 Member
    Why is there no town? No school, no library, no City Hall. I feel like half the game is missing.
    The thing I loved most about the previous installments of this game was the ability to custom color everything. Now, in order to custom color something, I have to download a program and spend up to an hour just coloring one item. Why should I even bother playing the game when in order to custom color, I have to spend hours on end just doing that?
    Yes, I crabbed about this in a previous post, and I will continue to crab about it. If it is not fixed in the first expansion pack, I'm giving up on they until hopefully they get things straight in Sims5, but that's a lot of my simoleans that won't be investing in this franchise for a while.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    What I do like:

-Multitasking. Adds a better sense of realism and much less annoying gameplay in general.
    -Build Mode. So easy to navigate and get things done with ease. Wall height adjustment is nice and the roofing tools are great.
    -The polished look and feel of CAS and the neighbourhood map.
    -CAS, so improved. Easy to make the perfect Sim. The only thing that lets it down is the lack of variation with things like hair/eye colours. Still, there are plenty of talented modders out there to deal with that.
    -Emotions, although i'm not crazy about them, they are a nice touch and can lead to some comedy moments.

What i'm unhappy with (Things I would expect to see in a base game)

-Simple things like dishwashers, landline telephones, pools and toddlers (bet you've never heard those last two come up before)

-No tools for terrain elevation.

-The baby stage is ridiculously unfulfilling. Needs more interactions and activities for them to do outside of their crib.

-The lack of a colour wheel or recolours for objects.

-Unrealist looking teens, I can't tell them apart from adults

- Two tiny worlds with the inability to create more.

-The Windows look very jagged even when playing with every setting on high. When everything else in the house looks polished and smooth, they stick out like a sore thumb and i've taken to using the few windows that don't produce the jaggies as much, windows that I don't particularly like the look of which is a big downer for me since I think window aesthetics mean a lot.

Finally things I want the most for the future;

-Toddlers with at least as many interactions and content as the Sims 2/3
    -Cars with garages and interactive animations like the Sims 2. If we can't have open worlds and live travel, at least give us back the realistic animations of getting in and out of our cars before we face the loading screen.
    -House necessities like landline telephones, dishwashers, washing machines/tumble dryers etc
    -A family tree
    -Seasons and Pets
    -An OFB type expansion pack somewhere down the line.
    -Playable Careers, love the sound of that expansion pack. Being able to go to work and play as a doctor!
    -More to do around the town, grocery shops, bowling, cinema etc
  • Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    edited October 2014
    Attention Gurus:

I made a Mod request for a replacement travel/loading screen for migraine sufferers. It was suggested that this was something that should be brought to the attention of the Gurus. I'm not sure if this is the place for this, but here it is:
    I need a replacement for the Travel Screen. I find that bright white, white, white screen is migraine inducing - especially when traveling from dim or nighttime scenes. All the in game lighting is really horrible if one is prone to light induced migraines. But just a fix for the Travel Screen would be helpful.

You can review the thread from the General Mod Discussions at the above link.
  • Options
    SylvSylv Posts: 885 Member
    edited October 2014
    I love the overall design of the game. The cartoon-ish feel gives it more of a Sims 2 vibe, which I think everyone would agree with. I also (and don't hate on me) love that there are no toddlers. The interactions with the babies are cute and simple, which is perfect. I also admire EA for giving us the three major updates in the upcoming months. (Cannot wait for pools! Didn't think I'd miss them this much...)
    I don't like, how for certain things, there is a lack of attention too. An example would be when you have your baby at the hospital. The baby spawns home before the mother and/or father return home.
    I'd suggest to EA to really go all out with their EP's. There is a ton of depth that they could add. Overall, I love this game and unlike some out there, I think it's a step up from Sims 3. It's a blank canvas that EA can do incredibly creative things with in the future :)
    tumblr_naeqm3rHmH1tca3q3o1_400.gif
    Origin ID: SylvRo
    Sims 4 Current Household: Generation 11

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    PruThistle wrote: »
    Why is there no town? No school, no library, no City Hall. I feel like half the game is missing.

I think that the reason for that is obvious. People didn't like the rabbitholes so EA removed them. But I am not sure that this was what people meant when they wrote that they didn't like them.

The main problem probably is that EA doesn't see the Sims games as family simulation games which I think that most of their customers do. In the versions for consoles EA even removed the option to have children from the game which I see as the main reason why people never liked those versions very much. In the Sims 4 EA removed toddlers and simplified babies which again shows me that EA doesn't see children as a very important part of the game. Nevertheless I am quite sure that the main reasons why the Sims games have been such a huge succes are the following:

1. People see those games as a simulation of family life with parents, romance and children.
    2. Besides being a simulation of family life the games are also simulations of all kinds of romantic relations between teens or adults.

Everything else are extras which make the games more fun to play too. The extras are important. But they can never replace any of the two fundamental things mentioned above. If EA attemps that then the games won't be nearly as popular as they used to be. Therefore EA should extend the two mentioned fundamentals instead of simplifying or reducing them if EA wants this series to still have such high sales numbers.
  • Options
    SylvSylv Posts: 885 Member
    edited October 2014
    @Erpe said:
    "I think that the reason for that is obvious. People didn't like the rabbitholes so EA removed them. But I am not sure that this was what people meant when they wrote that they didn't like them.
    "The main problem probably is that EA doesn't see the Sims games as family simulation games which I think that most of their customers do. In the versions for consoles EA even removed the option to have children from the game which I see as the main reason why people never liked those versions very much. In the Sims 4 EA removed toddlers and simplified babies which again shows me that EA doesn't see children as a very important part of the game. Nevertheless I am quite sure that the main reasons why the Sims games have been such a huge succes are the following:

1. People see those games as a simulation of family life with parents, romance and children.
    2. Besides being a simulation of family life the games are also simulations of all kinds of romantic relations between teens or adults.

"Everything else are extras which make the games more fun to play too. The extras are important. But they can never replace any of the two fundamental things mentioned above. If EA attemps that then the games won't be nearly as popular as they used to be. Therefore EA should extend the two mentioned fundamentals instead of simplifying or reducing them if EA wants this series to still have such high sales numbers."
    Well typed. Couldn't agree more.
    tumblr_naeqm3rHmH1tca3q3o1_400.gif
    Origin ID: SylvRo
    Sims 4 Current Household: Generation 11

• Options
    natashaspy55natashaspy55 Posts: 130 Member
    edited October 2014
    I have two things. One is HUGE game glitch. The other is a problem with the game itself, which is my first issue with the game since beginning daily gameplay on Sept. 2.

Glitch: (since the 10/1 update only) Every time I try to add a downloaded house since the 10/1 update all of the furniture on the first floor is gone. Or, in smaller houses, the furniture is outside hanging in the air mostly while some of it is on the ground. Last night I tried to add 10 different 50x50 homes in Willow Creek. All the photos of the creations showed the furniture on the first floor but not one had any once I downloaded them. The second floor on up had furniture but not the first. I thought it might be downloading so I waited but nothing happened.

Just so you know, this is on a brand new Toshiba Satellite with 16GB RAM, Intel i7 processor, 1T hard drive, you can imagine the rest. AND, since I just began setting the computer up yesterday, there is nothing else on the computer but my security suite -- Webroot -- and The Sims 4. The same issue had occurred on my last laptop and I imagined all the accumulation of crud that must be there might have been an issue. The issue has been the same since 10/1. Before that everything loaded fine. This needs to be fixed.

Traveling IN My Neighborhood?: Like so many I'm tired of hearing the whining about how The Sims 4 is not like The Sims 3 with 11 expansion packs. Drives me nuts. I'm really enjoying the game. But here is my one problem: We were told that we would only have to travel between neighborhoods. But if I want to visit my neighbor across the street in my neighborhood I get the traveling screen. If I click on their house, just across the street, I get the car icon when it asks if I want to visit say Bella Goth's house, who is across the street, I have to travel. That is one too many traveling experiences. I should be able, as I was told in the beginning, to move freely about my little neighborhood and only have to travel to others. I should be able to go to my neighbor's house and just knock on the door. What gives?

Love the game and this is both my first glitch and first issue with the game.

P.S. I'm one of the small minority that really hated the toddler stage. I remember when you put out the poll about a year ago asking which age of childhood was the least popular and the result was overwhelmingly toddler. And now people complain. Why did so many vote that they didn't like that age???
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    WP.S. I'm one of the small minority that really hated the toddler stage. I remember when you put out the poll about a year ago asking which age of childhood was the least popular and the result was overwhelmingly toddler. And now people complain. Why did so many vote that they didn't like that age???

I don't believe that it is the toddler age by itself that people miss. But people expected more age groups and more details. Not simplifications of age groups and removal of age groups.

It is the same with jealousy. Most of us hate jealousy. But jealousy is an important part of a romantic simulation game which is how most of us see the Sims games.

As I mentioned above the PC versions of the Sims games have been the best selling games ever. But the versions for consoles and mobile devices have never been very popular or sold very well. Why not?

I am sure that it is because people see the Sims games as simulation games about family life and romantic life. We have that in the PC versions but not in the mobile versions and in the console versions. When EA removed jealousy, simplified romance, removed toddlers and simplified babies they did the huge mistake to chance the game away from romantic simulation and family simulation. The consequences haven't been seen yet because people bought the Sims 4 because they liked the Sims 3. But if EA doesn't give us better options for romantic simulation and family play in the first EP then it won't sell very well. So EA has to correct this or they will probably soon have to stop the series because the sales numbers will go down very much.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Could you please address the "save new game" problem in a separate thread. I see many people very confused about this.

No matter how I start making a new Sim, from the top + sign or the bottom one, when I go to move them in to a house all my current played Sims (all of which I have created) are in the world. When I save the new game, with a new name, then go back all those previous played Sims are in the world. How do we start an actual "new game" w/o our played Sims being in it?
  • Options
    PruThistlePruThistle Posts: 97 Member
    Do high grades and child skill development have any impact at all when they grow up? If not then why even bother?
  • Options
    theskull07theskull07 Posts: 36 Member
    What I Like
    The new build features
    More lively sims
    Surprisingly the graphic style
    The new slimmer HUD
    The rate at which relationship status can be gained

What I Don't Like
    Lack of features that were even in the first Sims
    Extremely small neighborhoods. More like a block really
    Lack of content. Mainly wall and floor textures
    Rate at which relationships decline.
    Frequent crashes
    Rather high average age of the neighborhood. Sims every sim is an elder or almost an elder.
    Haven't had a sim find possible friends at either work or school.

Overall Impression

This may very well be the last EA game I ever buy. Feel like I payed $60 for what amounts to a very much incomplete game. Much like I felt with Sim City. Inexcusable for a company of EA's size.
  • Options
    SimSiren3SimSiren3 Posts: 301 Member
    I was one of your biggest fans, and one of the few not complaining about all the design decisions you made and the priorities you decided to focus on. I loved the game as designed.

But the lack of communication regarding the face/CAS glitch that renders the game pointless to generational players and storytellers? Has taken my enthusiasm levels from 94% to about 8% in the course of a week.

Just so you know, even the people who do love the game design you had in mind are not going to stick around if you slip in unannounced changes behind their backs that have massive repercussions, then fail to respond when players start noticing those repercussions and putting their games on hold awaiting a fix. Especially when their concerns are met only with "I'll be sure to tell people on the team about this" ... multiple times ... and otherwise complete silence.
  • Options
    AForgottenTomeAForgottenTome Posts: 3 New Member
    * What you liked
    The new mood system and the ability to perform multiple tasks at once.
    * What you didn't like
    Story progression needs some work, the town should feel alive and less like window dressing which becomes evident at times.
    * Suggestions?
    Give us more worlds to explore! I want to go and live in that city in the background!
    * Overall thoughts?
    The foundation of the Sims 4 is amazing, keep it up Maxis!
  • Options
    ktkat427ktkat427 Posts: 144 Member
    No cars is definitely the major issue here. Something a little like the Sims 2 cars would be great. Houses seem boring without garages and driveways, and wallpaper just doesn't fool me. Like, you wouldn't have to get in the car to move throughout the immediate neighborhood, but if you were going to go farther, the Sims would get in their cars, back up, and drive a little and then go to the loading screen. Even that would be fine. I honestly don't care whether it makes a real difference or not, but cars seem like an essential part of the game.
    2f069hu.jpg
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited October 2014
    JSitala_28 wrote: »
    I WANT A HAREM IN SIMS 4 and that is impossible without having full control over the emotions of my characters. The women getting sad and jealous and my not being able to snap them out of it is a DRAG!!

Did you look on the main forums page under tutorial guide and helpful hints? The guide gives cheats and there is also a post their with new cheats they released. There is one there about making needs static; don't know if any of them will help you, but thought I would share.

Post edited by davina1221 on
  • Options
    SandBumblebeeSandBumblebee Posts: 76 Member
    What I don't like about Sims4 . 1. Limited on building lots . 2. No grocery store 3. Very limited carpet colors ( no greens, or browns). 4. Having to play a certain way to unlock stuff was a problem, but no longer thanks to a wonderful person who made a mod that unlocks it all. 5. No Toddlers was a very big disappointment, 6. No pools, ponds on home lot, or basements for my collections, but I did hear a rumor that pools are coming out in Nov. 7, Not enough lots to build on, 20 x 30 lot is hardly big enough to place rocket ship. telescope, microscope, and house on . 8. Windows that I really like come only in brown or white with brown trim cannot change them to all white. What I really liked about Sims3 was that I could change the color of an objects to what I wanted. I like that the ghost are now back, I had a Sims died but all my other Sims could do was mourn for them, so I send them back to Neverland, if only I had known I would of kept them longer. So here's hoping for bigger lots in Nov too, as I didn't like Sims3 when I first got it until after WA came out and I just loved it after that.
  • Options
    SadieMSadieM Posts: 150 Member
    I do like the multitasking but wish it didn't take so long for them to eat a "quick" meal and watch tv, also when I try and cancel actions it takes the sims about an hour to stop doing whatever it is I've cancelled
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    Could you please address the "save new game" problem in a separate thread. I see many people very confused about this.

No matter how I start making a new Sim, from the top + sign or the bottom one, when I go to move them in to a house all my current played Sims (all of which I have created) are in the world. When I save the new game, with a new name, then go back all those previous played Sims are in the world. How do we start an actual "new game" w/o our played Sims being in it?

catmando830,

I'm a bit confused about the "save" system also. I'm guessing it works DIFFERENT than sims 3. So the people who are used to sims 3 "saves" think it should save a new "virgin" neighborhood, and it doesn't (?).

In sims 2 it saved the way you are describing so maybe that is how this game saves.

IF you don't mind I'm going to copy and paste your question and post it in "TECH" section (right below this one) and see if we can get some more coherant answers.

• Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/795271/question-about-how-the-game-saves?new=1

Here is a link to the thread I started maybe someone will answer.
  • Options
    One of the things that kind of bugs me is that working and taking care of the needs and emotions doesn't leave very much time for going out. I feel like there's not enough time to do anything really fun. I would like to take my sims to the park for a romantic night out, but like the Sims 2, I usually end up staying there for longer than I normally would.
    2f069hu.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Also, one of the things I loved about the Sims was family life. Essentially, the Sims is like a big dollhouse where you raise your little family and play pretend. There's not a big emphasis on family life in the Sims 4, and that disappoints me. I like making a big deal out of having babies and raising them. I also liked the pregnancies--reading the baby books, preparing a nursery, giving in the the weird cravings--and when the baby was born, I enjoyed taking care of it and teaching my toddlers how to walk and talk. It was sweet, and I felt that it was a big part of the Sims' lives, both the parents and the child. I liked having large families because *insert tiny violin music here* I could pretend it was my life, and live vicariously through these little pixels on my screen. Now I feel like that emotional bond is gone. And though I absolutely love the new design, the animations (they really seem alive), and the new features, the game just feels like...an empty shell. It's pretty and shiny on the outside, but really, there's nothing there. But I would like to say that the developers did an excellent job in the time that they had. The music is superb and I feel like I did get my money's worth for this game. I'm not exactly "upset" about the missing features, but I hope that in time the game will be much better than it's predecessors.
    2f069hu.jpg
  • Options
    JSitala_28JSitala_28 Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited October 2014
    I see a similarity between Sims 4 and the Xtranormal program, that went out of business.

I was desperately rushing to create this video as they were just about to go out of business

I was angry and expressed that here venting what was rumored to be "Scottie's" gripe

with Captain Kirk hogging all the Star Trek glory

http://successwithintent.blogspot.com/2014/10/scotties-gripe.html

That's my voice and I wrote the script for the video

The point is: If you can create an expansion pack that allows people to do with Sims 4 what they could do with the Xtranormal program

YOU WILL REALLY STRIKE PROVERBIAL GOLD!!!

I really wish you would do this as I miss that program!!

I have faith that you Sims super-geniuses can take the Xtranormal program concept MUCH, MUCH FARTHER!!

• Options
    SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Hello, I just started playing Sims 4, today and was wondering how do I save a game or where to I find the button to do so and how do I get to the 'options' menu while in game?

Thank you for your help. If this isn't the right thread for this question please direct me to where I can post this.

Silver