Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod Request: Replacement Loading Screen for Migraine Sufferers

dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
edited October 2014 in General Mods Discussion
I need a replacement for the Travel Screen. I find that bright white, white, white screen is migraine inducing - especially when traveling from dim or nighttime scenes. All the in game lighting is really horrible if one is prone to light induced migraines. But just a fix for the Travel Screen would be helpful.
Post edited by dizzydee_k on

Comments

• Options
    SigmundSigmund Posts: 25 Member
    I know what you mean. I'm prone to migraines, and all that white is awful.
  • Options
    FogityFogity Posts: 122 Member
    Are you referring to the loading screen (big plumbob) or to the world map?
    Played since The Sims 1 and now makes mods for The Sims 4:
    Gender Less - Gender neutral pronouns and titles
    Hidden Highlight - Removes the white outline
    Unlocked CAS Parts - Unlocks hidden CAS items
  • Options
    Big green plumbob on white background. I guess that is the loading screen. It appears whenever one decides to leave a lot for someplace else. Like next door.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    It's kind of blue for me.
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Blue for me also, but that isn't the important part. The white is really stark and white for some people, sometimes it gets me also.
    I'm not sure if it's possible?
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    certainly if you are playing in a darkened room, the sudden glare compared to the usual lighting in the game could be quite painful.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    edited October 2014
    Probably blue on a lot of laptops, given their typical colour balance.

I'd really like to see a mod for this too, even if all it does is replace the white with a dark grey or something. It can tip the edge of a migraine into full-blown migraine at the moment, and I have little enough I can do when I have the edge of a migraine as it is.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    So I looked at it but haven't found a solution yet, but here is the file I think is responsible for anyone wanting to have a go:
    0x62ECC59A-0x00000000-0x432D1D2ADDFFC6D8
    it is a _gfx resource in the UI.package.

It might be possible that an image file can be edited, but I have not looked through them all.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Thank you, Fogity, for looking into it.

The issue is really the sudden brightness. It can trigger a migraine.
  • Options
    Screech666Screech666 Posts: 119 Member
    edited October 2014
    I tried editing it, I changed the background color to 00000000 since I have no idea what color codes the SWF is using. I ended with a green loading screen and u cant see the plumbob. Seems like it's the good file. Any idea which color codes the background is using? I'm not familiar with 8 numbers color codes. There's probably something else to do in that file. I'm quite noob with this so I have no clue what to change in that file.
    Post edited by Screech666 on
  • Options
    Screech666 wrote: »
    I tried editing it, I changed the background color to 00000000 since I have no idea what color codes the SWF is using. I ended with a green loading screen and u cant see the plumbob. Seems like it's the good file. Any idea which color codes the background is using? I'm not familiar with 8 numbers color codes. There's probably something else to do in that file. I'm quite noob with this so I have no clue what to change in that file.

#000000 is black. Not sure why your screen would be green. Bright green or dark green? On the other hand I know nothing about any of this, nor how the UI files work. Or work together.

Thank you for your interest. I think you can google hex color codes.
  • Options
    I now managed to remove that green background but I dont have the plumbob anymore XD and I'm still having a white background. I guess I'll eventually find what to do or not. xD
  • Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, while I don't trust myself editing these kind of files I'm hoping someone figures it out... the loading screen got to me this morning... yuck.
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    Ok I think I have found the file but I'm wondering how can I edit it. I can export it in many different formats but which one should I pick to edit it? I tried gif and also png but when I open them they are blank.
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited October 2014
    Have you tried replacing the SWF with another animation? e.g. Use Adobe Flash (not to be confused with Flash Player)?
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    Unless one already has Adobe Flash, that seems like a big investment just to change the loading screen. Is there no other way to do this?
  • Options
    At this point I'd say that it you should try to make this known to the Guru's. This is the sort of thing I would give quite high priority if I had made a game like this. Not sure what the best course of action is though.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I've added this to the "Feedback" discussion. Not sure where else to put it to attract the attention of the Gurus.
    Post edited by dizzydee_k on
  • Options
    texasangeltexasangel Posts: 160 Member
    Uggh... this got me yesterday too. :(
    I have Flash and am willing to look at the file if someone can show me where to find it.
    Check out my blog and simblr for my custom content!
    Origin ID: texasangel08
    Poster.png
  • Options
    SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    dizzydee_k wrote: »
    Unless one already has Adobe Flash, that seems like a big investment just to change the loading screen. Is there no other way to do this?

Ah yeah, I'd just use the trial version for messing about / quick testing.
    I haven't personally confirmed it's SWF though, just going off what I've seen others post on the topic.
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I converted that GFX into SWF and then converted to FLA and opened in FlashDevelop, but since I don't know ActionScript I'm clueless on what I have to do. If anyone can help me figure it out it would be easier then learning AS from scratch. Btw there's is 7 scripts associated to that loading screen. I posted all the scripts on MTS forum under Modding Discussion if you wanna see them. So if any of you knows AS this can be modded easily.
  • Options
    pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    Direct link to thread in question: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=537900

(I meant to look at it too, but didn't get around to it =( would be cool if somebody else could help out!)
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
  • Options
    I don't know how to help - but I can send a "heartfelt compliment" and my gratitude for attempting this. Thank you. That white screen can be a real game killer if one suffers from light sensitive migraines.
  • Options
    Has any one made any progress on this? None of the recent up dates have made much of a difference in the lighting problems for migraine sufferers.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I'm thankfully not prone to migraines, but that screen DOES make me a little dizzy... I've learned to load and look away... an actual FIX would be wonderful for us non-migraine types as well... bookmarking this and hoping for good news!