Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Upright piano!!! <3

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,145 Member
    I'm so going to give the Michaelson Family a makeover.
    Mrs. Michaelson so needs a better hairstyle. ;)
    Mr. Michaelson so needs to be muscular. ;)
    Their son needs to be closer to his baby sister. :)
    Their baby daughter's glasses will be removed. :o
    Mrs. Michaelson's Dad will live with the family. >:):p
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,023 Member
    In-Law visits confirmed.

Get your guest rooms ready. :p
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,145 Member
    Finally, a better Family Tree. :p Now, if we can have Great-Grandparents & Step-Families. :o
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,438 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    About Spouses, just it misses Difficult family dynamic for "Enemies with benefits" couples :p

5izsk6pn4d6l.jpg
    jwjy9ot3grl6.png

There might be other aspects involved here. Remember that this particular couple has Good Compatibility and likely a good relationship too, so it might not be an option for them, but could be for some other couple.

If there is going to be enemies with benefits then we should expect friends with benefits as well.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,325 Member
    edited February 2023
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    About Spouses, just it misses Difficult family dynamic for "Enemies with benefits" couples :p

5izsk6pn4d6l.jpg
    jwjy9ot3grl6.png

There might be other aspects involved here. Remember that this particular couple has Good Compatibility and likely a good relationship too, so it might not be an option for them, but could be for some other couple.

If there is going to be enemies with benefits then we should expect friends with benefits as well.

I think friends with benefits is already in the game through the update we had last year when they gave us sexual orientation. You can ask sims to be woohoo partners without being in love.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

We've had cut curbs since basegame, they are present in Willow Creek and Newcrest.
    Willow Creek and Oasis Springs were created when they still had plans to put cars in the base game they had been saying cars would come to the base game it was only about 3 months prior to release that it changed. I remember someone asking SimGuruGrant if cars doors would animate when your Sims enter them he was not sure.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,784 Member
    edited February 2023
    There were a lot of things I noticed in the gameplay trailer. I appreciated how they showed relationships between family members and each family member's perspective.

Hoping all the facial reactions are included because this infant's reaction is everything.
    Infant-Reaction.jpg

Wondering if the circle images are infant milestones.
    Infant.jpg

Yummy.jpg

The world is beautiful and full of a lot of lush trees. This looks like a nice place to raise a family.
    The-World.jpg
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I really hope these Family Dynamics can be created through gameplay, like if parents/brothers/sisters are interacting a lot ( positively) with eachother, it will become 'close'.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,695 Member
    Yes, the circle ic ons are infant milestones. I think hey are grey until completed, just like if there is a collection of them where we can't be quite sure what they picture until they get colored. (isn't there a similar collection of graphics being grey until achieved?)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    There were a lot of things I noticed in the gameplay trailer. I appreciated how they showed relationships between family members and each family member's perspective.

Hoping all the facial reactions are included because this infant's reaction is everything.
    Infant-Reaction.jpg

Wondering if the circle images are infant milestones.
    Infant.jpg

Yummy.jpg

The world is beautiful and full of a lot of lush trees. This looks like a nice place to raise a family.
    The-World.jpg

Not just infant milestones, they seemed to be available for older sims too with things like losing a tooth, making a friend, losing a job, getting married etc.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 763 Member
    Lisamango0 wrote: »
    I really hope these Family Dynamics can be created through gameplay, like if parents/brothers/sisters are interacting a lot ( positively) with eachother, it will become 'close'.

Seems like it.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,457 Member
    Yes, the circle ic ons are infant milestones. I think hey are grey until completed, just like if there is a collection of them where we can't be quite sure what they picture until they get colored. (isn't there a similar collection of graphics being grey until achieved?)

@Simmerville yes; the Lifestyle ones, such as "single & loving it", are greyed out until you earn that lifestyle.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,327 Member
    edited February 2023
    As I said The Sims is puzzle, it's funny that Maxis decide to add a puzzle game in this EP.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,994 Member
    I love those last two pictures.❤️ I want to see more of those two neighborhoods. Only one really long week to go.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited February 2023
    I can’t wait for the new world! I really like what I’ve seen of it!

And I just read that we’ll be able to set family dynamics in CAS! I’m so happy about that! I like to keep almost all of my Sims happy and not fighting!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    In the gameplay trailer, you see three Sims Power walking when grandpa arrives and when he leaves. Hoping we will see Sims power walking in groups around the world. This gives me hope that one day Sims will be able to walk or jog together in pairs.

From the looks of things, it looks like in-laws can come and stay for awhile. Hoping this really is an added new feature. Perhaps it will have something to do with the new sleepover feature. Also, if in-laws do show up out of the blue or call, please add some balance so the frequency is not too much.

Seeing more Sims out and about and on lots enhances the game. So, it would be nice if they increase the number of sims that can be on a lot or around the area significantly in the next iteration of the game. This would make such a huge difference. Unsure if they would do this for the Sims 4 at this point.

A lot of the views from the windows were really amazing. Plus, it looks like there are some really nice windows coming. I can’t wait to see this world because there are so many areas to live that it will be hard to decide. The energy around this pack has me excited to build again.

I’m just really excited for everything.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,994 Member
    edited February 2023
    I'm worried looking at the windows on the end nearest the camera that this isn't a lot, it's just filler or another rabbit hole. I'm really hoping it is a lot that we can build on because my imagination is already seeing the possibilities.
    yLmmX02.png
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    With all the new features coming, I will be rethinking my plans. Because I want my Sims to experience the milestones, I am going to have to redo one of my Sims so that they are not in a relationship with the other because I want them to meet for the first time once the pack releases.

Wondering if anyone else is rethinking their plans now or waiting to see more before making plans.

Thank goodness the livestream is next week.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    With all the new features coming, I will be rethinking my plans. Because I want my Sims to experience the milestones, I am going to have to redo one of my Sims so that they are not in a relationship with the other because I want them to meet for the first time once the pack releases.

Wondering if anyone else is rethinking their plans now or waiting to see more before making plans.

Thank goodness the livestream is next week.

I'm a chronic restarter, though I always start my legacy with the same sim. I was planning on just playing her as a teen and through Uni until the pack came out, and had been doing so, but once I saw the gameplay trailer too many things looked actually foundational to the game itself. So I'm going to scrap the save entirely and instead work on perfecting my template save.

I know this is the positive thread, and I usually ignore the negative threads altogether, but I will say that if these features work as they should then it's a shame they didn't get shipped out with base game or get added ages ago. They seem foundational to me.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Nova said there were things in the trailer that people just haven’t clicked onto as a feature...

I’m thinking we are getting doorbells 😬
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,023 Member
    I'm definitely rethinking my plans. I was going to focus on my middle daughter Hannah, create a sim for her, have them meet and marry and start a family once infants are released. Now I'm just going to focus on her for a while. Start university, get a job because I don't want her to miss experiencing any relationship milestones.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,457 Member
    I'm worried looking at the windows on the end nearest the camera that this isn't a lot, it's just filler or another rabbit hole. I'm really hoping it is a lot that we can build on because my imagination is already seeing the possibilities.
    yLmmX02.png

Unfortunately @DaniRose2143 I have a strong feeling that building *is* a shell 😕.