The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,176 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    I'm worried looking at the windows on the end nearest the camera that this isn't a lot, it's just filler or another rabbit hole. I'm really hoping it is a lot that we can build on because my imagination is already seeing the possibilities.
    yLmmX02.png

Unfortunately @DaniRose2143 I have a strong feeling that building *is* a shell 😕.

Yeah. After my initial excitement I took a closer look at the whole building and all of the windows are opaque. Definitely another shell. Oh well, it's a bummer, but hopefully there are some lots nearby with good views of the water where we can build on.🙂

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    With all the new features coming, I will be rethinking my plans. Because I want my Sims to experience the milestones, I am going to have to redo one of my Sims so that they are not in a relationship with the other because I want them to meet for the first time once the pack releases.

Wondering if anyone else is rethinking their plans now or waiting to see more before making plans.

Thank goodness the livestream is next week.

I have to admit this pack has me rethinking my entire (sims) life 🥲
    I'm stuck in the middle of rethinking and waiting for more info. Now that I know a little bit about how the new relationships features will work I want to start my sims relationships from scratch and let things develop along with the milestones!
    So now I've actually put progressing my game on halt. I love that we will be able to set dynamics in CAS too! I'm already plotting out which sims will be close/difficult/ distant and whatever else they have as options.

I think these early pack announcements are good (for me) it gives me time to think out everything and sadly I'm a very LONG planner 😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,539 Member
    I'm worried looking at the windows on the end nearest the camera that this isn't a lot, it's just filler or another rabbit hole. I'm really hoping it is a lot that we can build on because my imagination is already seeing the possibilities.
    yLmmX02.png

It's a decor building. I wonder if they are somehow revamping the decor buildings into rabbitholes, she showed a lot of such buildings today that makes me wonder if there's anything special about them. I see there's a couple of tables with umbrellas on the deck, maybe it's a rabbithole cafe.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    yLmmX02.png

It's a decor building. I wonder if they are somehow revamping the decor buildings into rabbitholes, she showed a lot of such buildings today that makes me wonder if there's anything special about them. I see there's a couple of tables with umbrellas on the deck, maybe it's a rabbithole cafe.

Those tables were a big part of why I got excited at first. It gives the venue a feel of being interactive and a normal lot. After that my imagination took over.🙂 If I had noticed the windows first and not the tables I wouldn't have fallen for it.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,056 Member
    Theory based on the gameplay trailer: we see the grandpa, Sebastian fighting with someone who seems to be his friend. Or seems, as they could very well be enemies at this point.

What if that man is Christopher's dad? It adds another dynamic to their complicated relationship, albeit a dynamic not connected to gameplay. Or, what if Sebastian is one of the mentioned Robles? He might feel like Christopher is not good enough because he's not from a rich and powerful family, so he's "taking" Celeste away from a better life? Or both of these are true, and it adds another layer to the hatred: not only did Christopher's dad fire and humiliate him (before Sebastian was able to come into money and turn the tide), but his son would go on to take his daughter away from him.

🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    With all the new features coming, I will be rethinking my plans. Because I want my Sims to experience the milestones, I am going to have to redo one of my Sims so that they are not in a relationship with the other because I want them to meet for the first time once the pack releases.

Wondering if anyone else is rethinking their plans now or waiting to see more before making plans.

Thank goodness the livestream is next week.

Oh absolutely! I had kind of ignored Parenthood for a little while after I got it and then I realized all that we could do with it and I aged a few of my main sims back down to school-age kids and had them go through the whole experience. It's funny to think I might be doing this again.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,332 Member
    edited February 2023
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,238 Member
    edited February 2023
    @simgirl1010 Ha ha Kyle's little story reminds me of the "Fun with 🐸🐸🐸🐸 & Jane" readers I had in elementary school.

Guess you can't use short names? Poor D*I*C*K I guess its now Fun with Richard and Jane
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    It would be cool if someone started a thread dedicated to elders while we wait for the pack. We never got a chance to show them off and I'd be interested to know what role they are going to play in your sims lives! 😌
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,332 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 Ha ha Kyle's little story reminds me of the "Fun with 🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 & Jane" readers I had in elementary school.

Guess you can't use short names? Poor D*I*C*K I guess its now Fun with Richard and Jane

Haha same. :p And their little sister Sally.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,519 Member
    yLmmX02.png

Hopefully you can sit at the tables. Our sims can always use picnic baskets.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,519 Member
    edited February 2023
    Well I tried to put this under spoiler on here but it isn't working on my phone.

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Plain brown wood swatch on the upright piano?
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,333 Member
    ^ Ooh, I need a plain brown swatch for the upright piano too to complete a IRL house build.
  • Options
    Well I tried to put this under spoiler on here but it isn't working on my phone.

That Anchorpoint Warf looks full of decor buildings and I suspect it will be mostly deserted of sims, like the town center in Mt. Komorebi. I wonder if they will have some kind of festival there or changeable booths like in San Myshuno to attract sims. It looks pretty but it's so empty. I hope there is some swimmable body of water. Also those cars parked on the side of the lake like that, looks like there's some sort of beach or picnic point nearby that sims can visit.
  • Options

That Anchorpoint Warf looks full of decor buildings and I suspect it will be mostly deserted of sims, like the town center in Mt. Komorebi. I wonder if they will have some kind of festival there or changeable booths like in San Myshuno to attract sims. It looks pretty but it's so empty. I hope there is some swimmable body of water. Also those cars parked on the side of the lake like that, looks like there's some sort of beach or picnic point nearby that sims can visit.

My first thought on seeing the Wharf is how much it resembles the town center in Tartosa. The layout of it is really similar, the brick lined walkways, the shops, the al fresco dining areas, and a promenade below street level close to the water. I love having areas like that for my sims to have a girls day out or hangout with friends. I hope we'll have a couple of lots in there that we can build on, or at least really close by, like right across the street.
  • Options

My first thought on seeing the Wharf is how much it resembles the town center in Tartosa. The layout of it is really similar, the brick lined walkways, the shops, the al fresco dining areas, and a promenade below street level close to the water. I love having areas like that for my sims to have a girls day out or hangout with friends. I hope we'll have a couple of lots in there that we can build on, or at least really close by, like right across the street.

Well, Tarosa town center is also kind of empty, there are the food vendors and no one else there most of the time, which makes no sense as town centers usually attract lots of people, at least for leisure walks if not for shopping or eating. I hope there is space for buildable lots to place down some businesses. Tartosa didn't have any buildable lots in the town center, only on the outskirts, so I am not happy to see all those decor buildings in Anchorpoint Wharf.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    The picture of Anchorpoint Wharf reminds me of Monterey, near the Aquarium.
  • Options

Well, Tarosa town center is also kind of empty, there are the food vendors and no one else there most of the time, which makes no sense as town centers usually attract lots of people, at least for leisure walks if not for shopping or eating. I hope there is space for buildable lots to place down some businesses. Tartosa didn't have any buildable lots in the town center, only on the outskirts, so I am not happy to see all those decor buildings in Anchorpoint Wharf.

I'm with you on wanting to build within the Wharf. I would had loved to create a cozy little eatery or two in the town center in Tartosa. The world has such lovely views of the bay when you turn the camera around to put the buildings behind you. I can see it in my mind, a table by the window, or on the sidewalk, candles, checkered tables cloths, looking out towards the bay. It's such a romantic image and a lot of my stories center around romance. It's a matter of perspective, maybe denial(?), but I feel like Celebrazioni is an extension of the town center. That's because my sims don't have to travel to go from one to the other. From the little I've seen it looks like Anchorpoint Wharf has lovely ocean views and I hope these aren't frittered away.