Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Positive Thoughts Thread

1313233343537...Next

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    I went ahead and made the Beheeda’s newborn grown into an infant, I’m loving all the new things the infant is learning. It’s too cute. I haven’t rotated away from the household yet to see if milestones are there when I get back after rotating away. I just hope the baby doesn’t forget what it has learned and regresses. I have just made a note of what the baby has learned. If the baby doesn’t forget what it’s learned then it won’t bother me, but if the infant has to start all over again it will.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @SheriSim57 have you had a chance to rotate to a different household?

Curious because I'm just starting infant gameplay.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Looks like we can have at least six units in an apartment or townhouse group. I'm happy about that!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited November 2023
    @SheriSim57 @simgirl1010 The bug isn't fixed yet
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GRO-Milestones-reset-for-uncontrolled-sim-who-is-visited/td-p/12613564

I don't have the pack (waiting for this bug to be fixed before I'm willing to spend money on it) but my understanding is: Switching households won't by itself cause milestones to be erased. But if a sim who had earned milestones shows up as an NPC while you're playing another sim, that sim's milestones will then be erased.
    More and better info is in the bug report, including some mod fixes.

• Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I am contemplating getting this pack, but I am not sure it is for me.

I generally dont care to play the younger sims (babies - toddlers) but I do find them cute and I'm thinking maybe I'd like it more if the infant stage were just more than what it is with bg.
    Although i might just feel like it is another waste of time life stage to deal with for just a trait as they grow up.. (Maybe the pack is not for me hahah)

However I also find that people seem to enjoy the relationship thing that comes with the pack and I think i might too.

But most of you seem to have a good time with it, and not all family players either :)
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    They fixed the milestones bug!!! now minisprite and I can have this pack :)

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I picked this up during the recent sale and I honestly like it a lot. The houses are nice and you do end up wishing you could play some of the gorgeous neighboring houses. I really like the community center lots. It's easy to send a new sim to meet people. It's kind of what was requested for an extension of Del Sol Valley though it is obviously the Bay Area not LA. It does feel like they listened to a lot of feedback for that pack.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    I kept wondering who was turning on the Splash Pad Emitters in my apartment building on the rooftop. My dog Buddy loves playing in the water and he's the little culprit. :D I did not even know dogs could turn on the Emitters.

I wondered where my dog, Buddy, was going when he walked out the apartment door. He walked upped several flights of stairs to the rooftop, turned on the Splash Pad Emitters and started playing. I have two Emitters on the rooftop and he will turn on both--too funny.
    Buddy-playing-in-the-water.png
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    edited January 12
    @SheriSim57 have you had a chance to rotate to a different household?

Curious because I'm just starting infant gameplay.

Yes I I have, and I believe the milestone issue was fixed with the patch in December. I sure love the way they made those infants with growing together.
  • Options
    I am contemplating getting this pack, but I am not sure it is for me.

I generally dont care to play the younger sims (babies - toddlers) but I do find them cute and I'm thinking maybe I'd like it more if the infant stage were just more than what it is with bg.
    Although i might just feel like it is another waste of time life stage to deal with for just a trait as they grow up.. (Maybe the pack is not for me hahah)

However I also find that people seem to enjoy the relationship thing that comes with the pack and I think i might too.

But most of you seem to have a good time with it, and not all family players either :)

Yes, the difference between basegame infants and growing together infants is quite different, from what I have heard.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Growing Together is a much playable pack & works better then For Rent.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited February 4
    Ethan's parents encouraged him to buy a house in Tartosa so that him and his girlfriend, Mia, would be close by. So, they are starting their new life in a new home along the water. Ethan is planning to get down on one knee and propose to Mia.

Every girl dreams of a beautiful wedding with the one they love and Mia is no different.
    Ethan-Mia-New-Life.png

They have a nice view of the water to enjoy beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
    Ethan-Mia-New-Life-2.png

Their ultimate goal is to move to San Sequoia and raise a family. This is the nursery room in their house.
    nursery-room-baby-boy.png
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue