Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    What bugs? I had one, and that was fixed in April. Otherwise, it's the smoothest EP I've ever installed lol.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    Lyrie wrote: »
    Hi there! Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but like most, been waiting for a pack like this! \
    But held off due to bugs, it came out in March, it is now almost the end of June.
    Are most bugs fixed?
    Are things less glitchy and more smooth?
    Any mods to help if not?
    I am gonna decide if I wish to get this pack for my birthday coming up, but I don't wanna be disappointment!
    Thank you for helpful advice and options!

Hi Lyrie this pack is actually pretty bug free! There was one about the tooth stuff affecting appearance but that was resolved. Others can chime in with things I've missed but if bugs or sluggish gameplay are your worry I would steer clear of HSY, not this one. (Happy I have both but man that high school gameplay is sooooo raggedy).
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    @WildIrishBanshee and @jennieeffin thanks for the confirmation! You both! I am buying it asap!
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    According to EA press release :
    Maxis delivered its most successful expansion pack launch week to date with The Sims 4 Growing Together.

That's awesome! Hopefully this means more of an emphasis on family activities. We really need more children objects that Generations had like the hopscotch, costume chest, and seasaw.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,780 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    This has been some of the most rewarding gameplay for me and it is because of the infants. Watching little Cody gradually accomplish his milestones feels like little achievements for me. As I look forward to discovering the last three milestones, I shall continue to watch Cody in all his adorableness.

Cody enjoying a relaxing nap in his dad's arms.
    Cody-Nap-Time.jpg

Cody is always doing some type of cute baby thing. Sometimes you'll find him sucking on his cute little toes, blowing you a kiss, waving his little chubby hands, having a melt down or crawling to his next adventure.
    Infant-Cody-and-Parents.png

They are so lovely!! 🥺🥺🥺🥺
    I'm constantly checking on my infant to see what she is doing lol.

@Babykittyjade .... Thank you.

I find myself watching my little infant Cody a lot as well. It is relaxing to watch him. Plus, I like catching all of the cute little things that he does.
    They really implemented a lot of realistic gameplay and animations for infants.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I've been watching Cody a lot lately in order to capture various pictures of him doing cute things like sucking his toes or sucking on his thumb.

Cody is so adorable to me that I don't want to age him up.

Pictures-of-Baby-Cody.png
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    The compatability system has been so interesting and I like the challenge actually. It's a combination of frustrating and challenging but that's not a bad thing to me lol.
    I had two sims I was trying to get together romantically for a storyline and no matter what friendly interaction I did EVERYTHING failed and they were becoming enemies. Then I had to keep interrupting the conversation because they were tanking the relationship. Finally, I decided to check out their compatability and I found out they had bad compatability and one sim had all negative likes as in Liking arguments and anything negative lol.
    So I'm like okay I'm gonna force this to work without changing anything. I cheated up their friendship to max but they still didn't get along. Then I noticed my guy sim wouldn't accept not a single romantic interaction and got offended because I asked if he was single lol.
    So I suddenly remembered we have sexual orientation so I jump in CAS to check it and I find out he's gay ☠.
    So I debated for a long while on rather I should just leave him as is and find another sim or change it because I felt kinda bad changing it if that's what he likes 😅

Ultimately I wanted that particular sim so I ended up changing it. I still had to cheat their romance up and they are together but the relationship is VERY rocky 😬😬😬😬 and the sim with all the negative likes gets happy from all the negativity lol what a complex relationship.

I remember a time when relationships costed zero effort and sims got along no matter what. So I'm still discovering and enjoying the layers of compatability.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    edited July 2023
    @Lyrie there is still a bug with milestones resetting or disappearing.
    There was a bug report with very many me toos, they fixed only one of the many circumstances in which the bug was happening, and called the whole thing fixed, very odd.
    There is a new bug report specifically about the milestones resetting when a played family visits another played family's home lot. I think the milestones reset on the family you're visiting. The new report only has 15 me toos though, not sure if that's because only few people play rotationally with milestones in the first place, or if this report is flying under the radar somehow
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GRO-Milestones-reset-for-uncontrolled-sim-who-is-visited-or/m-p/12613564

Or maybe most people who play rotationally can have played sims visit unplayed sims with no loss of milestones on either end?
    Is anyone here able to do that with no problem?

(I'm especially curious, as this is the last bug I'm waiting for a fix on before I buy the pack)

These are the other open bugs in Growing Together
    Aspirations
    [NEEDS SAVES] [GRO] Sleep in Treehouse for 6 hours doesn't fulfill

Bike
    [OPEN] Sim just stands there trying to teach bike riding
    [NEEDS SAVES] Sims riding their bikes through building interiors

Console Specific
    [OPEN] [GRO] Puzzles are in black and white
    [NEEDS SAVES] [GRO] Stuck on loading/crashing

Infants/Toddlers
    [OPEN] Infants can't get on and off playmat by themselves
    [OPEN] Sims instantly take infant out of back carrier

Lots/Premade Houses
    [OPEN] Grassy Area Around 23 Eucalyptus & Michaelson's lot is Unrouteable

Milestones
    [OPEN] Infant won’t achieve milestones
    [NEEDS SAVES] Milestone doesn't show up in one of the 2 sims
    [OPEN] No 'Had a Baby' milestone after giving birth at hospital rabbit hole
    [OPEN] No 'Had a Baby' Milestone after having Science Babies
    [OPEN] Pull to Stand Milestone Taking Several Times
    [NEEDS SAVES] Toddler 'Learn to Run' Milestone Won't Complete
    [NEEDS SAVES] Toddler milestone 'Max movement skill' won't complete

Outfits/Appearance/Voice
    [NEEDS SAVES] New Sims: Facial features shrink after loosing tooth (Patch 1.97.62)

Premade Sims
    [OPEN] Karmine Luna is assigned a random personality trait
    [OPEN] Robles or Robles-Ruano: Romance bar between siblings

Scenario
    [OPEN] [GRO] Aliens Stole my Parents Scenario: New child aspirations not fulfilling goal

Slumber Party/ Stay Over
    [OPEN] Cant Invite Certain Sim to Stay Over Event
    [NEEDS SAVES] Guests don't sleep

Splash Pads/ Baby Rug/ Keepsake Box/ Treehouse
    [OPEN] Groups can't play in water together with the new splash pads
    [OPEN] Immobile infants only use one swatch of baby rug
    [OPEN] Treehouses can't be built in community lots

Trails/Games/Friendship Bracelet
    [NEEDS SAVES] Friendship bracelets permanently stuck on Sims
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I didn't buy Growing Together at release. We encountered quite a few bugs and glitches with Wedding Stories and High School Years that we decided to wait and see how much havoc the new pack would create before we bought it. This weekend, I finally bought Growing Together, and I'm glad I did.

I've barely scratched the surface of what the pack offers--I haven't played a household with an infant yet--but I like the Compatibility feature very much.

We tested Compatibility with a Sim we call Miss Irresistible.
    W01QElP.jpg
    Mary Elizabeth tends to charm every Sim who encounters her. I've never seen a Sim whose relationship bars don't start filling almost immediately upon meeting her. Her traits are Creative, Good, and Cheerful.

We created a Sim who shouldn't get along with Mary Elizabeth at all. He doesn't like Optimistic Sims, so her Good and Cheerful traits should drive him crazy. He also doesn't like Idealistic Sims, which should make her Creative trait very unattractive to him. He's Lazy, and Mary Elizabeth doesn't like Ambitionless Sims. When we brought them together, their Compatibility rating was Awful. It was next to impossible to get them to be nice to each other. Spamming Friendly interactions didn't work its usual magic. Attempts at Romance were equally distasteful.

Now I'm wondering what would happen if two arch-villains with matching sets of negative traits encountered each other. Would they become partners in crime, or repel each other with their Evil, Mean, and Hot-Headed qualities? Hmmm...
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    @mightysprite Thanks for letting me know about this! I did go ahead and by Growing together already and installed a mod by Lumpinou that gets ride of the rotation bug and a couple others. So I can't answer your curious questions. I hope the bug does get officially fixed soon though, I am enjoying the pack and will keep a look out for that generous list of bugs you provided.

Despite needing mod fixes, I am enjoying the pack alot! :)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    @Lyrie there is still a bug with milestones resetting or disappearing.
    There was a bug report with very many me toos, they fixed only one of the many circumstances in which the bug was happening, and called the whole thing fixed, very odd.
    There is a new bug report specifically about the milestones resetting when a played family visits another played family's home lot. I think the milestones reset on the family you're visiting. The new report only has 15 me toos though, not sure if that's because only few people play rotationally with milestones in the first place, or if this report is flying under the radar somehow
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GRO-Milestones-reset-for-uncontrolled-sim-who-is-visited-or/m-p/12613564

Or maybe most people who play rotationally can have played sims visit unplayed sims with no loss of milestones on either end?
    Is anyone here able to do that with no problem?

(I'm especially curious, as this is the last bug I'm waiting for a fix on before I buy the pack)

These are the other open bugs in Growing Together
    Aspirations
    [NEEDS SAVES] [GRO] Sleep in Treehouse for 6 hours doesn't fulfill

Bike
    [OPEN] Sim just stands there trying to teach bike riding
    [NEEDS SAVES] Sims riding their bikes through building interiors

Console Specific
    [OPEN] [GRO] Puzzles are in black and white
    [NEEDS SAVES] [GRO] Stuck on loading/crashing

Infants/Toddlers
    [OPEN] Infants can't get on and off playmat by themselves
    [OPEN] Sims instantly take infant out of back carrier

Lots/Premade Houses
    [OPEN] Grassy Area Around 23 Eucalyptus & Michaelson's lot is Unrouteable

Milestones
    [OPEN] Infant won’t achieve milestones
    [NEEDS SAVES] Milestone doesn't show up in one of the 2 sims
    [OPEN] No 'Had a Baby' milestone after giving birth at hospital rabbit hole
    [OPEN] No 'Had a Baby' Milestone after having Science Babies
    [OPEN] Pull to Stand Milestone Taking Several Times
    [NEEDS SAVES] Toddler 'Learn to Run' Milestone Won't Complete
    [NEEDS SAVES] Toddler milestone 'Max movement skill' won't complete

Outfits/Appearance/Voice
    [NEEDS SAVES] New Sims: Facial features shrink after loosing tooth (Patch 1.97.62)

Premade Sims
    [OPEN] Karmine Luna is assigned a random personality trait
    [OPEN] Robles or Robles-Ruano: Romance bar between siblings

Scenario
    [OPEN] [GRO] Aliens Stole my Parents Scenario: New child aspirations not fulfilling goal

Slumber Party/ Stay Over
    [OPEN] Cant Invite Certain Sim to Stay Over Event
    [NEEDS SAVES] Guests don't sleep

Splash Pads/ Baby Rug/ Keepsake Box/ Treehouse
    [OPEN] Groups can't play in water together with the new splash pads
    [OPEN] Immobile infants only use one swatch of baby rug
    [OPEN] Treehouses can't be built in community lots

Trails/Games/Friendship Bracelet
    [NEEDS SAVES] Friendship bracelets permanently stuck on Sims
    Thanks for the bug list!
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited July 2023
    I didn't buy Growing Together at release. We encountered quite a few bugs and glitches with Wedding Stories and High School Years that we decided to wait and see how much havoc the new pack would create before we bought it. This weekend, I finally bought Growing Together, and I'm glad I did.

I've barely scratched the surface of what the pack offers--I haven't played a household with an infant yet--but I like the Compatibility feature very much.

We tested Compatibility with a Sim we call Miss Irresistible.
    W01QElP.jpg
    Mary Elizabeth tends to charm every Sim who encounters her. I've never seen a Sim whose relationship bars don't start filling almost immediately upon meeting her. Her traits are Creative, Good, and Cheerful.

We created a Sim who shouldn't get along with Mary Elizabeth at all. He doesn't like Optimistic Sims, so her Good and Cheerful traits should drive him crazy. He also doesn't like Idealistic Sims, which should make her Creative trait very unattractive to him. He's Lazy, and Mary Elizabeth doesn't like Ambitionless Sims. When we brought them together, their Compatibility rating was Awful. It was next to impossible to get them to be nice to each other. Spamming Friendly interactions didn't work its usual magic. Attempts at Romance were equally distasteful.

Now I'm wondering what would happen if two arch-villains with matching sets of negative traits encountered each other. Would they become partners in crime, or repel each other with their Evil, Mean, and Hot-Headed qualities? Hmmm...

Answer to your question :
    They get on really well initially but still argue and things because they’re mean. The bar grows fast but also goes down and it just about averages out 😁.

It’s such a good feature. I hadn’t had time to play the family based stuff of growing together but just the compatibility alone has really changed the game for me.
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    For everyone here, is the tooth loss bug still an issue?
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    plumboy23 wrote: »

They said they fixed it, which is why it's back - but I haven't had any age up to teen yet, but my kids are fine.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member

I have no issues so far. And I play with kids a lot.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member

My sims just aged up from children and there is no issue for me.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Initially, when I had my first child, it was a challenge. Yet, by the time their second child came along, it was easier. I'm wondering if having top notch parent skills had a lot to do with it. Their little girl, Riley, is a handful; yet, she seemed to pick up the milestones a lot quicker than their first child, Cody.

This is my little adorable menace, Riley.
    Little-Riley.png

Another thing I'm happy to have discovered recently is the use of binoculars. Bella pulled them out during a walk.
    Bird-Watching.png
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ok, I have been trying to learn more about the pack. The High School pack was not my thing so I took a little vacation from the sims to focus on other hobbies.

The pack with horses got me interested again, the big adventurous map and something physical with horses. While taking a train ride for summer vacation I took some time to see English simmers pt from growing together and it got me curious. Granted the world and the lots are not selling points to me but being able to get extra traits or change traits sounded like a fun feature.

I only play rotational and I just don’t know how the compatibility system will affected other households? Will unplayed households have random likes or dislikes? If you set likes or dislikes for other sims will it stick?

Will two unplayed sims that meet up in the park still be affected by the system? Can you see them get along or will they just babble?

It is so much easier to see how it affects one family from videos but I have not found someone who reviews packs from a rotational standpoint. Ha ha, for that you have search the forums.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    After reading and thinking about it I got the pack.

I mainly play teens and older so the milestonesbug will not affect me as much as someone who plays with infants a lot. Getting quick info on which sims that are compatible is so good for rotational play. For my main sims I like meeting a potential partner often and watching interactions. When I have an NPC-holiday without work and school in order to build the world it is great to see things quickly. I can set up a few couples for future families and other things that makes my little sims-world go round.

I like the world more than I thought, miss having something to harvest in the world but I like fishing and swimming in the lake. Jogging around the lake is nice as well. Will probably treat it like an area that has a mix of really pretty luxury villas and then smaller little houses next to the swampy-bits. Love building lots with nature around it.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    Looks like I'll soon get the chance to test out those milestones. Hannah and Elliott are expecting!
    (He doesn't know yet)

jbkT0Ls.png
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,860 Member
    Congrats to Hannah and Elliott!🥳 I'm sure he'll be thrilled.🙂
  • Options
    Thanks @DaniRose2143! I'm really excited to finally start on all the new infant features. 🍼
  • Options
    OMG. Infants are exhausting. :D
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    OMG. Infants are exhausting. :D

But are you having fun? 😃
  • Options
    Yes! I had to force myself to shut down and go to bed last night. 😄