Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Fit The Sims 4 Unique Playerbase?

Comments

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited June 2022
    No. I'm part of the remaining 40%.
    So according to this poll so far they are catering to the 3% who is suppose to be the 60%. I am confused. Is this truly the age group of their playerbase? Maybe it was when the Sims 4 started but it has been 7 years and they have not evolved while it is very possible the playerbase has.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Well, that's odd that is the demographic since a former CM said it was the teenage girls on Instagram with the rich parents. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,199 Member
    It just dawned on me, that even my 27 year old daughter is now on the 40% of simmers.
    It's weird that there "seems" to be more 18 to 24 year old simmers than the +25 & older simmers. :/
  • Options
    naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    I was but I just aged out of this selection, actually!
  • Options
    BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    I'm female but I turn 28 this year.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Nope, I'm way older. My three children are also older than the 60%! o.O However, I feel (and sometimes act) like the age of the 60%. Does that count? :D
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,449 Member
    I'm neither a woman nor between the ages of 18 and 24.

I'm a member of the smallest minority : just a man :p
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,449 Member
    edited June 2022
    Between the ages of 18 and 24 (2021) ?
    60% were between 11 and 17 in 2014 when The Sims 4 was released ???

That's surprising when you know the forum is mainly visited by TS1/TS2/TS3 players.

When did you start playing to The Sims ?
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/992763/when-did-you-start-playing-to-the-sims/p1
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,361 Member
    I'm neither a woman nor between the ages of 18 and 24.

I'm a member of the smallest minority : just a man :p

So that would be a No. 🙂
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I'm a woman, and I started playing this franchise when I was 20. I was 28 when TS4 dropped, and I'm 35 now...so, I only fit their "unique playerbase" halfway at this point. I think they might just be counting their Instagram and Twitter demographic, not the forum community and simmers who don't engage via social media or give away their personal stats when they register a game online, who tend to skew older.

...Well, either that, or they're reporting the demographic spread they ideally want, as reflected by TS4's heavy focus on inspirational poster positivity, fashion, hypersocial behavior, family, and home decor. If there's one thing the entertainment industry hates, it's a piece of media that isn't hand-tailored to the generalized interests of a narrow age-and-gender combo group... :(
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    Nope just a male the player base they do not care to make content for
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm 32 almost 33. I started playing the sims 1 when I was 12.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Nope, I'm quite a bit older. My 20's are a hazy dream now. ;)
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,361 Member
    I am female, but I haven't been in the target age range since before Sims 1 dropped.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Woman? Yes.
    18-24? No.
  • Options
    IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 89 Member
    Yep I'm a girl, but I'm far older than 18-24. Quite peeved that when I answered the age question on the recent survey that was as far as I could get. I've been a Sims player for over 15 years and because I'm too old for their "unique" demographic my opinion doesn't count?
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    Illandrya wrote: »
    Yep I'm a girl, but I'm far older than 18-24. Quite peeved that when I answered the age question on the recent survey that was as far as I could get. I've been a Sims player for over 15 years and because I'm too old for their "unique" demographic my opinion doesn't count?
    They really are not showing much care for diversity of age for anyone or gender when it comes to male. Truly insane your opinion would instantly be locked out because of age I don't think inclusive means the same to them as it does to most. Now don't get me wrong I understand wanting to bring in a new younger player base but seriously let's not ignore those of us who have been here awhile or from the start why alienate diehard fans.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    MissNOFXMissNOFX Posts: 30 Member
    nope! I'm a woman, but I'm 42 and I've been playing for 20 years lol. My two daughters fit the unique playerbase :)
  • Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 359 Member
    I'm too old, and my daughter's too young. Same goes for my brother's family, plus he's male too.

• Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 359 Member
    I am wondering if "very unique playerbase" refers not to any actual data on who plays, but rather according to the market they want to target?

• Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 722 Member
    edited June 2022
    I'm as ancient as a ancient being that existed for eons, tremble before me for my ancient power level is beyond 1 million!
    And no I am not a Lich. lol
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Yes. I'm part of the 60%.
    I'm in the minority here because I actually fit the demographic lol

On Twitter most of the people I know are in their older twenties and even older so idk if the results would be that different than here. But it's interesting that the percentage of simmers that are active on online platforms don't really fit the demographic that accounts for majority of players. Maybe older simmers are more likely to be in the franchise for longer and because of that they are more active in forums, on Twitter, and etc.

I don't know if this is their target demographic because they have said their target demographic is teen girls. Which makes sense if they are trying to bring in new players. Anyways, I always thought the demographic would be younger but in my experience I find it more likely to find older simmers than ones that are in the 18-24 age range or even younger than that.

Also they call sims 4 audience "unique" because most games don't have a majority female audience.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    enskijenskij Posts: 31 Member
    Yes. I'm part of the 60%.
    I'm actually surprised that I'm part of the "alleged" majority for once :D
    Just your average Finnish simmer
    ☆ she/her ☆
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 138 Member
    I'm a 22 male, half of it hahaha
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    Oh dear, I'm way into the minority 40% then. Being retired means I can build on the sims as much as I like, with no restrictions on my time or how long I play whatsoever!