Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FIND YOUR-MANY-SELVES IN THE SIMS WITH BRETMAN ROCK

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Never heard of Breatman before, and this campaign is aimed at his followers that will hopefully find themselves in TS4.
    I think car drivers and mechanics need proper representation in TS4. Surfers too. Definitely not enough representation for them either. Especially with some really nice beaches being closed to swimming and all that. How can one find their surfer or racing self if there are no surf boards and cars? 😊

True. But that’s all for the materialistic simself.
    In terms of genetics, my breathtakingly gorgeous Simself can simply not exist in Sims 4 Vanilla Edition.
    Unless I were to organize a manscape Spa day with all my lady friends. They’d have a hoot and I’d be in pain.
    But after that I can at least hop into the game without feeling left out.

Hi Captain Mattel, how’s it goin’?
    I’m Fine, cheers. Now, give me 5 versions of myself wearing a skirt.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I was thinking about suggesting some adult youtubers I enjoy as a Xennial (The Behavior Panel, Charlotte Dobre) and then I compared the numbers. This Bretman Rock guy has 18 million followers on Instagram. I wonder how many of them are paid for/fake. It just seems insane to me. It also seems insane to put marketing efforts anywhere else with numbers like this.

So they’re trying to capture more players. It doesn’t really affect the game development, hopefully. I don’t like advertisements so why would I feel left out if they don’t include me? Because it makes me feel out of touch? I am used to that feeling by now. 🙂
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Can we please have stuff for the 99% of society?

What do you mean by that, specifically?

How about instead of focusing on Simselves so much we get an attraction system. Does it make sense these Sims like anyone at any time? Does it make sense these Sims can flip on a dime and like male or female or other at any time? Many of us don't need to find our many simselves we already know who we are, deep roots and don't even ever play Simselves. The Sims is not me, never has been, never will be. How about focusing on gameplay that makes sense to those of us who don't need to find ourselves.

Does it make sense that a baby Sim is tied to a baby crib? Seriously. Is that life? Where are the strollers and the ability to carry around a baby instead of standing over a crib all day? Where are the dirty jobs in this game? I mean not everyone wants or needs to be a gamer and or their career tied to a pc. How about some regular jobs for Sims. You know, not IT, Youtube, Influencer type careers. How about listening and reading your feedback and ideas here instead of on twitter.

Ignoring the fact that you derailed this thread into a content wishlist, just because you don't see something implemented doesn't mean it wasn't sent up. Change to existing content takes time, creating brand new content takes even more time.
    Many of us don't need to find our many simselves we already know who we are, deep roots and don't even ever play Simselves.
    Statements like these don't work, there are millions of Simmers out there that do play with Simselves and you're completely dismissing them.

So what I'm hearing is... you're working on it 👀 lol I'm kidding
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited December 2021
    I don't really "get" the popularity of influencers, but I also don't get a lot of (or most!) popular things. Hopefully plenty of people know what's going on here, but I definitely don't!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited December 2021
    While I don't play my simself, it clearly has to be seen that the Sims franchise always spoke to people who weren't able to truely be themselves and feel accepted as such in real life.

The Season of Selves cherishes that vision and while it surely isn't for everyone, I'm sure that EA has more content in store for players who play completely different as well - we'll just need to be a little patient while others are enjoying that it's their turn for now.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2021

How about instead of focusing on Simselves so much we get an attraction system. Does it make sense these Sims like anyone at any time? Does it make sense these Sims can flip on a dime and like male or female or other at any time? Many of us don't need to find our many simselves we already know who we are, deep roots and don't even ever play Simselves. The Sims is not me, never has been, never will be. How about focusing on gameplay that makes sense to those of us who don't need to find ourselves.

Does it make sense that a baby Sim is tied to a baby crib? Seriously. Is that life? Where are the strollers and the ability to carry around a baby instead of standing over a crib all day? Where are the dirty jobs in this game? I mean not everyone wants or needs to be a gamer and or their career tied to a pc. How about some regular jobs for Sims. You know, not IT, Youtube, Influencer type careers. How about listening and reading your feedback and ideas here instead of on twitter.

Ignoring the fact that you derailed this thread into a content wishlist, just because you don't see something implemented doesn't mean it wasn't sent up. Change to existing content takes time, creating brand new content takes even more time.
    Sure doesn't sound like a content wishlist to me, more like pointing out a few of the many things that the vast majority if not all simmers want, and would be of benefit to all, not just a small niche demographic.
    Statements like these don't work, there are millions of Simmers out there that do play with Simselves and you're completely dismissing them.
    I'm one of those who at least sometimes does play with a simself. I don't have any objection to adding diversity to the game, I'm a strong believer in something for everyone. I think the point is that a lot of people are exasperated to see this new content that no one asked for keeps being rolled out while so many things so many have asked for for years continue to be ignored. I realize things take time, but it's been seven years, ya know.

Although I know 7 years is a long time I feel 50/50 about this. Because they are not required to give us anything we want at all. Technically it's "their" game. They do whatever they want. I feel like the developers have always been generous and kind enough to try and make us happy by listening to players. And at some point players took advantage of that and started expecting anything they demand to be made and throw fits if it's not.
    But it's not build a bear. It's a game for developers to be creative and have fun with their creations. There is no reason why they can't insert ideas and things of their own choosing..And up to us to buy it or not.
    Though I acknowledge it's always exciting when it's something you asked for or wanted.
    Not trying to change your opinion BTW. Just adding my thoughts because I see a lot of people complain of how many years it's been that they didn't get what they wanted.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Never heard of Breatman before, and this campaign is aimed at his followers that will hopefully find themselves in TS4.
    I think car drivers and mechanics need proper representation in TS4. Surfers too. Definitely not enough representation for them either. Especially with some really nice beaches being closed to swimming and all that. How can one find their surfer or racing self if there are no surf boards and cars? 😊

True. But that’s all for the materialistic simself.
    In terms of genetics, my breathtakingly gorgeous Simself can simply not exist in Sims 4 Vanilla Edition.
    Unless I were to organize a manscape Spa day with all my lady friends. They’d have a hoot and I’d be in pain.
    But after that I can at least hop into the game without feeling left out.

Hi Captain Mattel, how’s it goin’?
    I’m Fine, cheers. Now, give me 5 versions of myself wearing a skirt.

Maybe that's why they choose Breatman, he manscapes willingly and likes to dress up. If I may suggest some fun YouTube influencers, I like Safiya Nygaard, I quite enjoyed her wedding video, and her Morticia inspired wedding dress. Also enjoyed her road trip video with her cat and husband. Hopefully she could find herself in the sims too.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member

Sure doesn't sound like a content wishlist to me, more like pointing out a few of the many things that the vast majority if not all simmers want, and would be of benefit to all, not just a small niche demographic.
    I'm one of those who at least sometimes does play with a simself. I don't have any objection to adding diversity to the game, I'm a strong believer in something for everyone. I think the point is that a lot of people are exasperated to see this new content that no one asked for keeps being rolled out while so many things so many have asked for for years continue to be ignored. I realize things take time, but it's been seven years, ya know.

Although I know 7 years is a long time I feel 50/50 about this. Because they are not required to give us anything we want at all. Technically it's "their" game. They do whatever they want. I feel like the developers have always been generous and kind enough to listen to players. And at some point players took advantage of that and started expecting anything they demand to be made and throw fits if it's not.
    But it's not build a bear. It's a game for developers to be creative and have fun with their creations. There is no reason why they can't insert ideas and things of their own choosing..And up to us to buy it or not.
    Though I acknowledge it's always exciting when it's something you asked for or wanted.
    Not trying to change your opinion BTW. Just adding my thoughts because I see a lot of people complain of how many years it's been that they didn't get what they wanted.

This is a nicely balanced viewpoint @Babykittyjade. We aren’t the developers of this game. We don’t know what the long range vision is, or even what the programming requirements are to get our “wishlists” into the game. We don’t know the marketing needs or the corporate demand on the developers. We don’t know how change x will affect outcome y in gameplay. And we have a game that is highly personal for every player, so player A’s demands are on player B’s don’t want list. I wouldn’t blame them if they didn’t ask our opinions at all, because no matter what they do, someone is going to be unhappy. Yet, they do ask. And we have every right to give feedback. But stomping off in a huff because the game doesn’t match our demands is counterproductive. In the end, it’s a business. To some extent, the market will drive the content. Other decisions are PR or image related, I’m sure. But in the end, I still decide what’s in my game. If I don’t want something that’s offered, I just don’t buy it.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member

Although I know 7 years is a long time I feel 50/50 about this. Because they are not required to give us anything we want at all. Technically it's "their" game. They do whatever they want. I feel like the developers have always been generous and kind enough to try and make us happy by listening to players. And at some point players took advantage of that and started expecting anything they demand to be made and throw fits if it's not.

I'm not actually one of those players who throws fits when they don't get what they want. I do try to be as positive as possible on the forums. And as I said, I am in no way opposed myself to these new additions (Bretman and the new kit, specifically) because I do enjoy diversity in the game for those who want to represent themselves, because how can that possibly be a bad thing? It may not be my playstyle, but I don't begrudge it. There's not even anything I want in the game right now particularly, since we finally got Cottage Living and farming.

I think I just found EA Cade's post oddly defensive and faintly hostile, and it just hit me wrong.

Please at any time feel free to ignore me. I had a stroke 2 years ago and sometimes I wonder if my opinions and posts even make sense to anyone else. LOL. I should probably just keep my opinions to myself.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited December 2021
    cyncie wrote: »

Although I know 7 years is a long time I feel 50/50 about this. Because they are not required to give us anything we want at all. Technically it's "their" game. They do whatever they want. I feel like the developers have always been generous and kind enough to listen to players. And at some point players took advantage of that and started expecting anything they demand to be made and throw fits if it's not.

This is a nicely balanced viewpoint @Babykittyjade. We aren’t the developers of this game. We don’t know what the long range vision is, or even what the programming requirements are to get our “wishlists” into the game. We don’t know the marketing needs or the corporate demand on the developers. We don’t know how change x will affect outcome y in gameplay. And we have a game that is highly personal for every player, so player A’s demands are on player B’s don’t want list. I wouldn’t blame them if they didn’t ask our opinions at all, because no matter what they do, someone is going to be unhappy. Yet, they do ask. And we have every right to give feedback. But stomping off in a huff because the game doesn’t match our demands is counterproductive. In the end, it’s a business. To some extent, the market will drive the content. Other decisions are PR or image related, I’m sure. But in the end, I still decide what’s in my game. If I don’t want something that’s offered, I just don’t buy it.

I do believe that it is important to be vocal about what you want though. I know that Maxis makes the content that they want and we can choose to buy or not buy it. But I think we should also provide feedback why we don't want it. But we should also let people enjoy it who wants it.

That's why I like threads that offer feedback and also positive threads, it creates a thread for people who wants to enjoy their content and for people who don't.

That has been however, extremely difficult to do lately because people believe that because you don't like some content, you are against what the content stands for.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    @logion true. Unless one is just being hateful for no reason every opinion and feedback has value in it😌

@FatTribble23
    I personally don't think it was hostile. A lot of times it's hard to get what you want to say across on the internet without sounding bad. Because everyone reads and translates things differently. I always try to be careful of my wording because I mean no one any displeasure with my words. But sometimes it can be hard yo tell.

I think it's really nice of EA Cade to engage with us a little! We've been wanting more engagement on the forms for a long time. I'm sure just like all of us here he has his own thoughts and opinions on things too which could differ from ours. And I like that he shares some of his game play pictures!!

And please keep sharing your opinions Tribble. That's why we are all here 🙂

But anyway let me not derail any farther as this is about Bretman! If anyone downloads him and gives him a makeover I hope they share it here! 😚
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @Babykittyjade I originally posted this in the Modern Menswear picture thread.

Bretman striking a pose before checking out the Rattlesnake Juice Bar.
    HGhZLPh.png
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    logion wrote: »
    That's why I like threads that offer feedback and also positive threads, it creates a thread for people who wants to enjoy their content and for people who don't.

That has been however, extremely difficult to do lately because people believe that because you don't like some content, you are against what the content stands for.
    Yes, this so much. Non-interest does not equate with disapproval in every case.
    And please keep sharing your opinions Tribble. That's why we are all here 🙂

But anyway let me not derail any farther as this is about Bretman! If anyone downloads him and gives him a makeover I hope they share it here! 😚
    Ah, thank you, so are so sweet. :smile: AND to stay on topic lol, thank you for your post about Bretman being on the gallery. As soon as I update my game, I think I will download him and put him in a ritzy Penthouse in San Myshuno and just allow him to go around being fabulous. I won't play him, but I do hope my sims run into him on their vacations to San Myshuno. :smiley:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited December 2021

"logion wrote: »
    I do believe that it is important to be vocal about what you want though. I know that Maxis makes the content that they want and we can choose to buy or not buy it. But I think we should also provide feedback why we don't want it. But we should also let people enjoy it who wants it.

That’s true. We do have the right to give feedback. And yeah, I agree with the bolded part. I don’t like the Menswear kit, but not because I have a hang up about manly-men traditional male fashion. The basics for that are in game, even if they are pretty plain and unimaginative. I was actually hoping for some men’s clothing with interesting details that would allow for a bit more gender neutrality, since you can’t get an androgynous look for men with female shirts (due to boob shadows). But my objection was probably read as anti-non traditional. I also want enough variety in the pieces to give my all of my male sims unique styles . Loose flowy shirts, embroidered details, interesting collars and cuffs, vests, nice jeans, punk and metal looks, surfer gear, more shoes and boots, etc. that I can mix with the basics so they all don’t end up looking alike. Men also have style sets in real life that have nothing to do with high fashion. What I didn’t want is avant garde runway fashion, and I did give feedback. I’m not the target for this kit. Someone else is, though, so I’m sure they’re happy. I also don’t follow “influencers” because I’m not particularly easy to influence, but for those who are excited about Bretman Rock, that’s great.
  • Options
    I think I just found EA Cade's post oddly defensive and faintly hostile, and it just hit me wrong.

Oh I apologize if that's how I came off, I wasn't trying to be rude at all. Reading it again now I can see how it could come off as such.

My main concern was keeping the thread on track here, but also addressing your query. In the interest of transparency all the feedback here is collated weekly and sent up the chain to those who make decisions. There are lots of instances where feedback taken from here is in some stage of implementation and I simply can't comment on it in case something changes.

That's just the nature of the beast.

That's what I was thinking about being a developer or basically having the inside scoop. You see someone begging for something and in your head your like it's in development but I can't say anything. So you just have to be quiet. But I guess the good thing about it is seeing someone really passionate about something and you just know that person is gonna be thrilled in the future lol.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    But I guess the good thing about it is seeing someone really passionate about something and you just know that person is gonna be thrilled in the future lol.

EXACTLY! That's happened several times just today actually...

👀👀👀
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    But I guess the good thing about it is seeing someone really passionate about something and you just know that person is gonna be thrilled in the future lol.

👀👀👀

*puts my speculating cap on* 👀👀
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

Gordy wrote: »
    Also I am confused because I always see ppl saying they want sims 4 to be more mature but I've seen ppl upset about the spa day refresh trailer singing about twerking and then now I've seen people upset or put off that bretman swears in his videos.
    . I feel like those people don't want swears and raunchiness, but more adult themes. Less Family Guy and more Frasier, if you get me. Completely different kinds of mature

@Gordy, thank you for getting it, not just right, but perfect.
  • Options
    Shamae03Shamae03 Posts: 29 Member
    As I thought, another social media influencer
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    My rule of thumb is this: If I haven't heard of someone, they're most likely a social media influencer, a pop singer, someone involved with sitcoms, or any combination thereof. Spoiler alert: That's because I have no interest in any of those. I'm sure this Bretman person is very nice and adorable and all, but I'm not into influencer videos or gameplay streaming, and I prefer not-real-people in my game. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

👀👀👀

“Several Times”
    “Today”

This is pretty solid stuff…

*cancels Manscape Day just in case*
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited December 2021
    I've never heard of him, but I find the video with him amusing. I'm not in the targeted group aswell, but on the other side I find it not so bad to stay in touch what the youngest generation is doing so lately. Although it isn't and won't be my taste, that's their privilege.