Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FIND YOUR-MANY-SELVES IN THE SIMS WITH BRETMAN ROCK

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    edited December 2021
    Coffee Talk and metal? you have my ears 🎁🎁🎁🎁 up!

The idea of self-discovery through Sims resonates, personally. There are a lot of people out there, not all just teens or young adults, who backdoored into realizations about themselves, by playing Sims and being free to be anyone. A lot of people (this is not from the forum but from reddits and in other spaces) discovered things about themselves that they might not have, particularly when social pressure is high, and opportunities to experiment in real life, barely exist.

There is almost nowhere in real life that affords the risk-free freedom to dress however you want, kiss whomever you want, pursue the life you want, that Sims does. It's a great thought experiment and makes a great tool for exploration of who you'd be if you could try on any persona.

And it also has no limits, so you don't have to choose just one way to be and stick with it. In real life, people are often discredited for changing. As if to be valid, you have to stay the same way you were 10 years ago, and any new developments are either a phase, or something done for attention, or a shallow response to a fad. The argument of "but you weren't that way back when I knew you!" has been used so many times to cry foul and cast shade on someone when they come out as something those who knew them back when, didn't supsect or see, or else did suspect but didn't approve of.

Personally I have a great deal of hope in the general opening of awareness that immersive life simulators offer. What would people do, if they were free to express themselves and could better imagine the life they want instead of the life they defaulted into?

I love this <3

I also value the opportunity to step into someone else's shoes via sims. Imagination is good for empathy and respect, as well as for self-expression.

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2021
    Finally got around to getting him! Did a bit of minor editing. But I really like this sim! I was going to put him in one of the unplayed celebrity households I have for neighbors but decided to make him part of my main family. Eventually probably a vampire 🧛‍♂️. But just like the real Bretman he looks really good in all types of fashion. So I'll probably have my photographer use him as a model for a photoshoot at some point.

BNF6NPa.jpeg
    pbCYBiV.jpeg
    d7tbpOI.jpeg
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I am still waiting for differently enabled videos I admit for this series. Would be cool to have older people featured too like I love the 80 year old grandma that plays Animal Crossing. I guess I just want to see even more diversity for it if that makes sense.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller