Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Pelican Town to Sims Town" - A Stardew Valley, Sims 3 Fanfic

Comments

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited February 2021
    @meerkattime Enjoyed your lovely comments as always. <3:mrgreen:
    No wonder Donna is so happy to see Abigail - I guess being a ghost must be quite lonely... ;)
    ^Not always. ;) Poor Donna is just especially lonely because all her ancestors - and the townsfolk - have disappeared to somewhere unknown and there's no one to visit with or talk to. :p (Except for Abby now. :) )
    Hehe, I wonder what the word is that got censored - hard to believe it would be anything worth censoring.
    ^It was the word pri'ck'led. I totally went back and edited it, but I guess it didn't work. *sigh* Dang forum censoring sometimes. :confused:
    I wish Donna had joined Abigail when she goes to the mausoleum. I'm sure she would have been helpful company even though she lacks the substance to do anything physical :| .
    ^Very true. 👍 And I will admit the thought had crossed by mind to have Donna join her, but as you can see I decided against it. Mainly because I wanted Abby to brave it herself so she could have time alone conversing with the Wizard. I'm also not controlling Donna - even though I very well could by adding her to the household in one save. I just feel like I'm juggling too many sims as it is. :p
    Awesome pictures of Abigail doing magic by the firepit :star: .
    I love Abigail's pullover by the way. Perfect colors :love: - I'd wear one like that myself.
    ^Thank you. I am having fun discovering what sims can do with magic since I only added Supernatural to my game 8 months ago! :p
    Thank you again. :blush: I'd totally wear that pullover too! My favorite colors! :star:
    Oh okay so you saw my reply to @bekkasan. :lol:
    There could be other reasons he didn't reply to her instead of the fact that it is good for her to learn these things on her own. I guess we'll see what those reasons might be as the story progresses. :smirk: Sorry to tease. :p:kissing_heart:
    Thank you again for the comments and I'm glad you enjoyed it. <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @emorrill I’ve just seen your reply to my long ago lost! Notifications are STILL broken I guess 😡. Anyway, I had not gotten to the part where you explained about Shane’s being Jas’ godfather when I wrote that. I was pretty far behind.

But I’m finally caught up. Loved Leah and Elliot doing art and loved Shane and Emily coming out to everyone, even loved that Haley stood up for her big sis with Shane, even tho she had it wrong. It just shows that even if she seems shallow there is some substance to her.

Great job! ❤️ And now I’m completely caught up.
  • Options
    @ZeeGee

giphy.gif

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and catch up. :kissing_heart:{{{{Hugs}}}}

I just finished writing Chapter 12 tonight. :mrgreen: In the morning I'll have to read through it and refine it so hopefully within the next day or two I'll have more to post for y'all. :blush:
  • Options
    Hey @ZeeGee this was quick! :lol:

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Continuation of Chapter 12

A few days passed. During that time all of the guys helped in building up a wall to make an official - and appropriate - exam/hospital room separate from Harvey’s own living space, but still close enough for him to check up on the patient.

50976571801_eb64684776_c.jpg

With neither of the men having any building experience they were all impressed by how well they constructed the wall, put in a door, and installed new lighting. To some, like Sam and Shane, it felt empowering and gratifying. Just the boost to their self-confidence that they needed. When it was finished, Penny and Maru repainted and redecorated the room to make it feel more relaxed and comforting.

50976683602_abebb6e90d_c.jpg

Overall, the Doctor approved and thanked his friends greatly for their help.

When it was all completed, Emily approached Harvey in his bedroom holding a gift behind her back.

“What’s this?” Harvey curiously asked her after she revealed what she was hiding.

50976571816_6770ab3279_c.jpg

“It’s just a little something I made for you,” she replied with blush. “I was planning on giving it to you for your birthday coming up, but since the medical room has been completed I thought now would be a more fitting time to give it to you.”
    “Okay…” he cracked a smile.
    “Open it,” she exhorted while handing him the gift.
    “Oh Emily, you really shouldn’t have…”

50976683632_bb9984d042_c.jpg

“I know, but I wanted to,” she grinned, clasping her hands together and rubbing them. “Now open it!”
    “Alright,” he chuckled, pulling the ribbon off. He always felt awkward opening gifts right in front of the person who gifted him something, but Emily’s anxious and excited smile was hard to resist.

After he unwrapped the gift and pulled out the contents, he held them up with a smile. “Oh wow. Are these what I think they are?”
    “Yes,” she grinned. “I’m gonna go step out while you change into them. I wanna see how they look on you...and of course make sure they fit.”
    “Alright.” He couldn’t help thinking how sweet and thoughtful of a person Emily is. One of the most thoughtful people he had ever known in all his life.

Emily only gave him about a minute to change because of her overflowing excitement until she knocked on the door and asked, “You got them on?”
    “Yep. Come on in.”
    She practically burst through the door and when she saw him, her body giddily shook. “Oh my gosh they look GREAT on you!”

50976571851_efa22faa21_c.jpg

Harvey chuckled. “Thank you. They fit perfectly and I really like the color. You’re quite the seamstress.”
    “Thank you,” she blushed with her hands clasped behind her back.
    “I guess every doctor needs a good pair of scrubs huh?”
    “Yes! Especially since you’re the only doc around here and you may need to perform surgery - heaven forbid - so now you’ve got the appropriate attire for that.”
    “Indeed,” he chuckled again. “Thank you so much Emily. This is one of the most thoughtful gifts anyone has ever given me.”

50975880888_55fd153c04_c.jpg

“Oh wait,” she said, holding a finger up to him, “I have one more thing,” and stepped out of the room again.

When she came back in carrying another gift, Harvey was doubly surprised.
    “I made this for you too.”
    “Wow,” he expressed. “What did I do to deserve two gifts from you?”

50976683672_25c8eda08b_c.jpg

“Well...,” she playfully thought for a second. “You saved my love’s life so we’ll just say that’s the reason you deserve another gift.” She winked.
    Harvey bobbed his head at her thinking, Fair enough.
    “And I had a lot of time on my hands in between taking care of Shane.”
    He smiled as he shook the present for a moment to see if it was an item or another article of clothing.

50976571891_06c024070d_c.jpg

It was the latter, of course.

This time after opening the gift, Harvey recognized what it was right away and lowered his head in a chuckle, a flurry of heartfelt emotion encompassing him. “Oh my goodness…”

50976683572_66b9fea444_c.jpg

“I hope you don’t think it’s silly…”
    “No, not at all.”
    “I really couldn’t help making one,” she lightly smiled. “It kinda completes the whole ensemble and is another thing every doctor is supposed to have.”
    “Yes,” he paused, pulling it out of the box and admiring the craftsmanship. “Wow Emily, this looks great. Like it was professionally made.”
    “Thank you. And I wasn’t sure if you had one, since I never saw you wearing one back home.”
    “I do have one, I just always kept it in my closet at home. It seemed the patients felt more relaxed when I wasn’t wearing it.”
    “Oh,” she bit at her lip, not knowing. “Well, put it on. I’m anxious to see how it looks.”

“There we go,” she said after he did. “Now you look official, Doctor Harvey.”
    He blushed.

50976571781_60e0108560_c.jpg

“Not that you aren’t already official, I--”
    “I know what you meant,” he kindly said. “Thank you.” He took her in for a hug.
    “You’re very welcome Harvey,” she said, giving him a light squeeze. “We’re so blessed to have you here. Thank you for all you do for us...especially for what you did for Shane.”

50975880743_d9916d0d4f_c.jpg

“You did so much more for him than I did…”
    “Sure...but I couldn’t have done it without your help and encouragement.”
    He patted her back in appreciation.

When they broke their embrace Harvey told Emily how happy he was to see Shane helping to build the wall. Emily expressed feeling proud of his efforts as well.

50976683492_0a4ddf9b24_c.jpg

“He’s taking a nap right now because it wore him out a bit, but,” she grinned. “It’s good for him.”
    Harvey nodded.
    “I’m still getting used to the fact that we’re officially out of that bedroom and he doesn’t need my constant care anymore…”
    “Well, maybe not in the physical sense, but he’ll always need your care in his life. To be his rock; his light in the darkness.”
    She blushed.
    “I had a feeling something was going to happen between you two,” he smiled…

50976571726_b639cb3716_c.jpg

...and I’m so glad it did. I was hoping for it actually. You’re the perfect woman for Shane, in more ways than one. He’s very blessed to have you.”
    “Thanks Harvey,” she smiled brightly. “He’s pretty perfect for me too...and I’m very blessed to have him.”

50975880718_6bd1b71459_c.jpg

<3
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    “He’s taking a nap right now because it wore him out a bit, but,” she grinned. “It’s good for him.”

Is it bad that I first read this as "because *I* wore him out a bit." ?? o:)o:)

How thoughtful of Emily to make new scrubs and coat for Harvey. That's awesome. :)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

Is it bad that I first read this as "because *I* wore him out a bit." ?? o:)o:)

@KevinL5275 ^ :lol: Hee hee. Maybe a little. ;) But it doesn't surprise me that you would interpret it in that way. :smirk:;):lol: (Honestly I probably would have too. :p )

Thank you buddy. :)
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill I loved your update.
    I'm glad they finally got the medical room done. I just hope they don't need it anytime soon!
    Great that all the guys pulled together to help build it.
    Nice that Penny and Maru did the painting.
    Emily looks so cute handing him the gift. She has cute expressions.
    Oh yes! Every doctor needs a pair or two of scrubs!
    He looks great in them!
    Sweet she wants to show her appreciation for the help with Shane.
    The lab coat looks great on him as well.
    I enjoyed it. I used to do a lot of sewing and wish I took more time to do it now. To brain dead after work to concentrate most of the time.
    Look forward to the next part!
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @emorrill That WAS quick! 😍 Love Harvey’s new look and the exam room looks perfect.
  • Options
    @bekkasan Thank you for the sweet comments. :kissing_heart:

@ZeeGee Thank you. <3 More is here! :lol: I wish I could say I crank out updates this quickly ALL the time, but... *sigh* ;)

Here's the next part of the chapter everyone. :mrgreen: I had lots of fun writing this one. :blush: (It will have to be split into 2 different posts...)

*The Festival scene contains an "Easter egg" of sorts - starting at the end of this first post - from a certain character's 8 heart event in Stardew Valley and I just had to incorporate in to this story. <3<3<3 I hope that will be a nice surprise to those of you who know the game. :blush:

Enjoy! :smiley:

Conclusion to Chapter 12

A Fall Festival magically arrived in Appaloosa. It was first discovered by Alex and Haley on their many outings and they enjoyed the heck out of it alone before telling the others about it. Elliott and Leah weren’t too anxious to head on over and check it out, but planned to eventually. Shane and Emily felt the same. Sebastian wanted to take Abigail there alone, but somehow Sam ended up tagging along, suggesting Maru come as well since he knew Sebastian would most likely pair off with Abigail and he didn’t want to be the lone third wheel. Maru really didn’t care to go - especially if it meant finding herself alone with Sam - but she kind of wanted to see if anything “official” would happen between her brother and Abigail there. It was no mystery that he always had feelings for her and they were on the cusp of becoming an item. Just like everyone else here..., she thought. After the way Abigail comforted her a few days back, she gained more admiration for Abigail and found her to honestly be a really suitable match for her brother. I wonder how dad would feel about them getting together? He probably wouldn’t care about it as much as he would when I finally get a boyfriend. She sighed, then shook her head. Stop thinking like that Maru...it doesn’t always matter what dad thinks. Remember what Abby said…

The four had a great time out together. So much so that it didn’t feel right to Sebastian or Abigail to pair off, they just wanted to have a fun time out with their friends.
    “And really, it would be torture to leave Maru alone with Sam,” Abigail said to him in all seriousness.
    “True! But man, as much as I would love for my best friend to hook up with my sister, he’s no match for her.”
    “No.”

Harvey and Penny spent most of the day together since they started dating and would sweetly, yet sadly, part ways every evening. On some evenings, it was tempting to do what the other couples would do and just spend the night together. However both didn’t want to put themselves in a position where they might get carried away when they felt it best to make love after getting married.

Marriage. It was a word that was continually sneaking into Harvey’s mind lately and it was the greatest desire of his heart to marry Penny. There was nothing in the world he felt more sure about: she was the one for him and he wanted to make a beautiful future with her. His life finally felt complete with her in it.

When he found out that none of the others planned on visiting the Festival in the near future he asked Penny out on a date to it for the next day. There was something he’d been dying to tell her for days now and he wanted the perfect moment to express it in. Alone.

He woke up early, putting on the nicest, casual outfit he could find and dabbing on the best cologne. It was going to be a wonderful day, he could feel it. His heart fluttered with anxiousness as well as excitement as he drove over to the girl’s house, just as the sun barely made it up over the horizon. He couldn’t wait another minute to see his girl.

50979991466_911b86fa89_c.jpg

He told Penny he would pick her up at nine so they would have the entire day to spend at the Festival. It was a little after 8:30 when he arrived - whoops - but he didn’t mind waiting on Penny to finish getting ready. He’d wait all eternity for her.

A little after nine, Penny came down the stairs and Harvey instantly stood up from the couch to greet her. His heart beat rapidly against his chest at the sight of her, aroused by how incredibly gorgeous she looked. Her auburn hair was down and curled, her lips a rose red, and she was wearing the cutest long-sleeved dress, leggings, and ankle boots; fit for the occasion. The man stared at her speechless. She definitely graced the entire first floor of the house with her presence and it seemed all the lights turned and spotlighted on her.

“Hey you,” Penny softly greeted, feeling similar feelings upon seeing him.
    “Wow,” Harvey whispered. “You look...gorgeous! More so than that autumn sunrise out there this morning.”

50980101542_43d5afc69e_c.jpg

“Aww,” she blushed, holding her hand to her chest. “Thank you.”

50980101512_15d667e97e_c.jpg

Harvey couldn't resist taking her into his arms and tenderly kissing her, pulling her in close.

50979991281_eccd8df9e0_c.jpg

“Mmm. You’re looking pretty handsome yourself,” Penny expressed. “Hot, actually.”
    No girl had ever called Harvey “hot” before and he was very flattered by it. “Thanks, but you’ll always be the hot one in this relationship.”
    She giggled.
    “Mmm,” he moaned as he continued to kiss her. “I know we should go but...I just can’t get enough of you.” His motor was revved up. “You don’t mind if we keep doing this for a bit do you?”

50979991311_825edfe272_c.jpg

“Not at all...we got time.”
    “Mmm hmm.”

50980101447_1b1289a395_c.jpg

They continued to kiss for almost five straight minutes.

Then Penny pulled back for a moment to study his handsome face. “Are you trying to grow out your mustache again?” she inquisitively asked. The stubble scratched at her lip a few times.

50980101372_a05abb73db_c.jpg

“Nah, it grows back fast. I didn’t feel like shaving...and maybe I wanted to tease you a little with it.” He smirked.
    Penny just shook her head with a grin.
    “I’ll shave it this evening if you wish.”
    “No...it’s fine,” she said, stroking his barely visible mustache with her finger. He kissed it. “Although I’d like it a little more if there was some stubble on your chin and cheeks to go with it.” Now she shot him a smirk.
    “Oh is that right?”
    “Yeah,” she answered coyly.

50980101327_c908669ef8_c.jpg

“Well, I’ll see what I can do.”
    “You’re so silly, but sweet.”
    “For you my dear, I’ll do anything.”

Harvey loved watching Penny’s eyes light up as they pulled up to the Festival grounds.

“Oh wow,” she whispered, as he opened the car door for her and she stepped out. “It reminds me of the Carnival in Zuzu City! My dad took me once when I was a child...and it was one of the best days of my life.”
    Harvey wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and pressed his cheek against hers. “Hopefully this day will be just as great, if not better.”
    She caressed his cheek. “I’m sure it will be. Every day with you is the best.”
    They turned their heads and kissed.

“Now let’s go have some fun!” she happily cried, running toward the Festival square. Harvey followed behind with a broad grin.

Penny stopped dead in her tracks just before reaching the square, noticing something. “Oooh,” she expressed, “it’s one of those prize claw machines!”
    “Allow me my lady,” Harvey stepped forward with a strut. He’d practiced on a few of those in his younger days and he wasn’t always successful with it, but sometimes luck was on his side. He hoped it would be in this moment. “I’ll get you something real nice.”
    Penny giggled and smiled brightly as she watched him work.

50979289393_9f3aa40175_c.jpg

Okay…,Harvey thought, studying the prizes. Most of them looked like toddler’s toys and he’d feel funny getting her something like that. Then his eyes lit up as they happened upon a plump, mystery pouch of something valuable, since money didn’t exist in this world. He promptly positioned the claw directly over it, trying to get the geometry just right to make the catch. He pressed the button and down the opened claw went, closing over the bag. Penny’s heart even thumped in anticipation as she watched. The claw caught hold of the pouch and gradually brought it up out of the other contents. C’mon, Harvey encouraged, if only he had the power to maneuver it with his mind. That’s it…

50980101652_c6d127775c_c.jpg

Just as the claw reached the top - before moving over to the drop bin - the impact shook it which made it drop the bag back into the other prizes. “Nooooo!” Harvey cried.

50979289483_43627f5d90_c.jpg

“Dangit!” Penny said. “That was so close!”
    “Yes...it was,” he responded, glaring at the claw. Curse you stupid claw machines! You’re all the same!

50979289508_f97a126c06_c.jpg

“Maybe I can try,” she offered, stepping forward.

50979289528_02cf48516e_c.jpg

In Penny’s attempt the claw missed the mystery bag, but caught hold upon the tank toy next to it. “Oh yay! I actually got something! I never do!”
    “It’s gonna break loose…” Harvey couldn’t help muttering.

50979289563_9c1a29f40b_c.jpg

“I GOT IT!” she exclaimed with a squeal.
    “Awesome!” Harvey’s pride may have been hurt a tiny bit, but he was genuinely happy for her. He wasn’t going to let a dumb gambling machine get to him anyway.

50979991686_9ee25b86c3_c.jpg

He turned and kissed her in her victory. “Way to go beautiful.”

50979991701_86e683073b_c.jpg

Penny savored the sweet kiss. “I saw a little pumpkin patch over there,” she informed, gesturing with her head. “Let’s go pick out the perfect ones and then we can take them back to the car along with the toy.”
    “Sounds good.”

50979991486_f7bdf0d23c_c.jpg

After picking out a couple of good pumpkins, dark clouds started coming in and Harvey hoped and prayed it wouldn’t rain.

Next they found a trough filled with water and floating apples and decided to give it a whirl. It’d been years since either of them had done apple bobbing. It became a phased out activity back in Stardew Valley due to it being quite unsanitary, Harvey thought, but in a magical world like this, it was fine.

“You’re going down on this one Harvey,” Penny playfully taunted. “I was the undefeated champ one Halloween.”

50979289628_35eb2cf01e_c.jpg

“Is that so?”
    “Yep. Just watch me,” she shot him a cheeky smile. “Are you ready?”
    “Ready.”

The two knelt down and clasped their hands behind their back. Once Penny counted to three they started bobbing.

50979289668_19a48f376b_c.jpg

It took a couple of minutes for the two to figure out a good technique.

50979991781_b3f2256df5_c.jpg

Soon Penny caught her first apple…

50979991801_2d7e655d5a_c.jpg

...and dropped it on the ground beside her.

It wasn’t long afterward until Harvey finally snagged an apple. It about fell out of his teeth as he turned his head to drop it on the ground. Oh no you don’t!

50979289778_a30d4a2175_c.jpg

Somewhere amidst all the splashing and bobbing Harvey lost count of how many apples they both pulled out. He felt it was high time they stopped. “Okay...I’m done,” he spluttered.
    “Me...too,” came the breathless response.

They stood up and counted their pile of apples. Penny had four more than Harvey.
    “Woo hoo! Yeah!” she cheered.
    Harvey thought it was cute. “My goodness, at the rate this is going you’re gonna kick my butt at everything here…

50979991856_304de65be9_c.jpg

...I think I’m just getting too old for this kind of stuff.” He was mostly kidding.
    “Oh come ‘ere you,” she tenderly beckoned, taking him into her arms. “How many times must I assure you that you aren’t old? In my mind 32 never looked so good.”
    He blushed at her bouncing eyebrows and alluring gaze at him. “Well, I’m almost 33.”
    “Well then I’ll say it again, 33 never looked so good.”

50979289823_0f2d9fdeee_c.jpg

He chuckled and kissed her.

Noticing some tall, bright orange-red flowers growing just beside their feet, Harvey bent down and picked one for her.

50979289883_046b2915ef_c.jpg

“I present this to the winner of the apple bobbing contest,” he grinned, handing it to her.
    She chuckled as she took it and deeply inhaled its sweet aroma. “Thank you. It’s beautiful.”

As they looked around to see what other activity they could do, Penny’s eyes caught hold upon a very large hot air balloon towering over them from behind. Harvey kind of hoped she wouldn’t notice it, but honestly, how could she not?

“Ooooh a hot air balloon!” she said with excitement, gazing up at it. “That would be SO much fun! I’ve never been in one!”
    Harvey rubbed at his neck with a sigh, his heart pounding.

50979991906_f5ac2ee9c5_c.jpg

Then Penny’s smile faded as she remembered Harvey’s fear of heights. In the corner of her eye she could see the uneasiness written all over his face, and also that he felt bad about it for her sake. It’s okay, I can wait another time to ride in a hot air balloon. She took his hand, giving it a little tug. “C’mon. Let’s go check out the carousel instead.” But Harvey didn’t budge.
    “Wait,” he stopped her.
    She turned and gave him a questionable look.
    He pulled her closer to him, taking her other hand in his and gripping them tightly. “Let’s do it.”
    “What?”
    “Ride in the hot air balloon.”
    “But...your fear of heights…”
    “I know,” he paused, mustering up the courage, “but I don’t want to let that stop me from doing what I want to do. And right now I really want to take you up into that hot air balloon and experience flying in it for the first time with you.”
    Penny’s eyes glistened above her rosy cheeks as she smiled. “I really want to experience it for the first time with you too. Are you sure you’ll be alright?”
    “Yes,” he was telling himself more than he was telling her, “I’ll do my best not to get scared. I know that having you there beside me will give me strength.”
    “Oh Harvey…”

50980102117_9f41e3f5bf_c.jpg

...To be continued...very soon. :blush:
  • Options

@emorrill I'm happy to see the festival appear in your story!
    I'm glad that some of them got to enjoy a fun filled day.
    I hope Shane and Emily will. They deserve some fun too.
    I had to laugh that Abigail and Sebastian know that it wouldn't be fair to Maru to leave her alone with Sam. Poor Sam gets dissed a lot it seems. Even though Sebastian considers him a best friend, he still manages to slight him in conversation. :open_mouth:
    Glad to see that Harvey is thinking marriage with Penny.
    Pretty scenery picture!
    Harvey looks terrific. Love that little dab of chest hair showing. :smiley:
    Goodness, for two people that don't want to do it til marriage they are sure pushing the boundaries of kissing! Kissing leads to woohoo people!! :lol:
    :grin: Penny wants more stubble on Harvey. What did I tell you! :grin::heart:
    Poor Harvey losing at the claw machine while Penny managed to snare a prize.
    Great pic of ticked off Harvey!
    I love all the pictures of them enjoying the festival together.
    Poor Harvey is not having much luck!
    Harvey is afraid of heights and is still going to go up in the balloon with her. That is true love! :love:

• Options
    A/N: One picture will look like Harvey and Penny are woohooing when they are actually just making out. :smirk: I wanted to clarify that. ;)

Continuation of the conclusion of Chapter 12...

No sooner had they entered the hot air balloon, and it slowly began to rise, that it started to rain.

“That’s not good,” Harvey uttered, studying the clouds. It looked like a mellow type of cloud burst so he figured it should pass soon. He decided to turn down the heat to keep the balloon from rising too high for their safety, which he preferred to start out doing anyway.

50980102152_ee20b0d614_c.jpg

The higher the balloon ascended, the more excited Penny became. “Awesome! This is going to be SO much fun!” she expressed. “And I can’t wait to see the view of all of Appaloosa!”
    “Uh huh…” Harvey mumbled, trying not to let his fear get the better of him.

50979991971_16efe7c689_c.jpg

Soon the balloon was high enough in the sky for them to see the tops of the hills…

50980102217_f64df8fd45_c.jpg

...and that’s when Harvey lost it and clung tightly to Penny, squeezing his eyes shut and shivering.
    “Oh Harvey,” she soothed, running a hand up and down his back, but trying not to chuckle at how adorable it was having him cling to her so. Usually it’s the other way around.
    He tried a few breathing techniques to calm himself, but they helped very little. “I’m sorry,” he expressed. “I wanted to impress you with my bravery, but look at me. I’m a trembling coward!”
    “You’re not a coward,” she assured, “you’re very brave. You did impress me and I’m so proud of you for facing your fear! You got this!”
    “Don’t let me go.”
    “I won’t. Not until you’re ready.”

The rain started coming down hard and both were thankful that the balloon provided some shelter from it. As Harvey continued to hold onto her and internally give himself a pep talk, he also prayed for strength and for the rain to go away. I just want this to be a momentous day, one we’ll never forget, and while it’s rattling my nerves this is the perfect setting to express all of my deepest feelings to her. Please make it all the more perfect by dismissing the rain and taking away my fear. Prove to me dear Lord that you are just as present in this world as you are in our own...and that you’re still aware of me; aware of us.

Within minutes the rain stopped and the clouds cleared, practically disappearing rather than passing on over the horizon. A flock of ducks flying in a V-shape swooped over the balloon as the sun’s rays shone down on the countryside again and a rainbow formed over the hills. “Oh my gosh,” Penny said in awe. “Since when does the rain just disappear like that? This place really is magical.”
    But Harvey knew better.

That miracle and answer to prayer, along with Penny’s soothing words and gentle kisses on his head, helped Harvey to release his grip on his love and stand tall without shaking while gazing out at the vast and colorful countryside. He finally smiled. It was breathtaking. Looking down on the world at this height was just as mesmerizing and beautiful as he always imagined it would be. Thank you Lord, he didn’t want to forget saying. His faith had been rekindled.

50979991996_b70887a654_c.jpg

“I knew you’d be able to overcome your fear,” Penny said to him with a shining smile.
    “Well you’ve got more than enough courage to make up for me Penny,” he said, turning to face her, “and that’s one of many reasons why I love you.”

50980102392_72045d5240_c.jpg

Penny froze for a moment hearing him express those three words before her smile and cheeks lit up even brighter. “You love me?” She didn’t know why it came out as a question. Of course she knew he did.
    “Yes!” he replied without hesitation, wrapping his arms around her. “And I don’t want to jump the gun or anything by saying this, but...I wanna spend the rest of my life with you Penny. I can’t imagine my life without you now. I don’t know how I’d gone all those years in Pelican Town never realizing the perfect woman for me was right there under my nose.”
    Penny’s cheeks turned redder.
    “I was such a mess back there. I felt like I was going nowhere in my life. Sure I was set in my career and was generally happy, but something always seemed to be missing in my life. The woman that would make my life feel complete. I’d just about given up hope that I’d ever find her; doomed to live a life alone. Until that morning I checked up on you the day after we landed here,” he stroked her cheek, “and I found out that that racing heart of yours wasn’t because of ‘white coat syndrome’ after all.”
    She laughed.

50980102467_580b7f2535_c.jpg

“It was because you had feelings for me...for a long time it seemed...and you let me know by pretty much asking me out on the spot.”
    “Yeah. I did,” she grinned proudly. “I was so nervous!”
    “I was thrilled! I didn’t think a nerd like me could ever get a girl like you to ask me out; let alone go steady with me. Something sparked between us that day and I don’t think it was coincidence, or the Wizard’s doing, or even fate,” he pulled her in closer, “it was God’s doing.”
    “I wholeheartedly agree!”

50980102402_4125496d69_c.jpg

“And every day since I’ve found myself falling even more in love with you. I’ve never felt so happy in all my life. I wake up every morning now with a smile on my face, looking forward to the day, knowing that I’ll see you and we’ll be together. You bring out the best in me Penny and your strengths complement my weaknesses...like we saw when I clung to you for dear life a moment ago.”
    They laughed.

“But seriously, I love you with all my heart Penny. I can’t say it enough. I am yours forever.”
    “I love you too Harvey,” she swiftly expressed, pulling him in for a deep and passionate kiss. Tears escaped her eyes.

50980102417_935cbe3ed7_c.jpg

“I want to spend the rest of my life with you too,” she said. “Have children with you and everything.”
    His face beamed. “I would love nothing more.”

50979290248_ed3e48903a_c.jpg

The two then slipped down onto the bench in the basket with their lips locked, never wanting to let go of each other.

50980102317_b8f59750db_c.jpg

When Harvey could feel her shivering from the cold, he grabbed the nearby blanket and draped it over them. It wasn’t long until their lips met again, laying themselves down on the bench, and making out with the blanket as their tent.

50979290143_601c77418f_c.jpg

That warmed them up pretty quick.

Afterward they continued to cuddle on the bench and enjoy the gorgeous view before going into descent.

50979992061_7668244641_c.jpg

50980102277_ce8c158b5f_c.jpg

It was beyond time to get lunch and their stomachs had been rumbling loudly all throughout their necking, so the food stand was the next stop on their lovely date.

50980102497_23dc05f7b4_c.jpg

Naturally both stands were being manned by androids - the whole Festival was - but they were very polite and had the food made up in a snap. Harvey ordered some boneless buffalo wings with ranch dip and Penny ordered a cheeseburger with a side salad. They carried on in casual conversation as they ate and might’ve played footsie at the same time.

50979290338_f497cbde9b_c.jpg

“Don’t you think it’s interesting that a little over half of us have gotten together since the Wizard sent us here?” Penny asked.
    “I do,” he swallowed, then took a drink. “Makes me wonder if it wasn’t the Wizard’s plan all along.” He winked.
    “I was totally thinking the same thing, with him sending six single guys and six single girls to survive alone in a strange place, but, if that’s the case...something doesn’t add up.”
    “How do you mean?”
    “Well, based on the current relationships that leaves Sebastian, Abigail, Sam, and Maru as the singles. We both know Sebastian and Abigail have had feelings for each other since before we got here so it won’t be long until they start dating. So that just leaves Sam and Maru and,” she gave a sour expression, “I know those two very well and they don’t mesh AT ALL! Maru wouldn’t get romantic with Sam even if they were the last two people in the universe!”

50979290358_584c96d7b5_c.jpg

Harvey laughed, because he knew it was true. “Yeah. She’d often talk at work about how much she couldn’t stand her brother’s best friend and in some ways...I can understand.” He didn’t mesh with Sam either.
    “Sam’s a sweet guy, he’s just very immature. He lives in a very different world than Maru does. A pairing like them just wouldn’t work...”
    “Maybe,” Harvey began, wiping at his mouth with a napkin, “not all of us are supposed to find love amongst each other here.”
    “But that doesn’t seem fair to me, for Sam and Maru’s sake.” She frowned. “Watch us all come back home with a significant other and they...don’t. I know for me personally, that would hurt a little bit...”

Harvey understood, knowing he’d feel the same way. He thought for a moment on it all. “From what I’ve seen, especially between us, finding love is all about God’s timing.”
    “Yes,” she blushed.
    “The Wizard sent us here to find happiness, or better ourselves, or whatever the quest is and it just so happens that some of us found love here also because it was in God’s plan for us to.”
    Penny nodded.
    “I guess for Maru and Sam...they’re meant to find love somewhere back home instead, and from what we discussed, I think they will both be pretty happy about that. Mostly Maru.”
    “Yeah,” she chuckled, giving in to his logic. It made sense. “I just hope that someday Maru finds a really great guy who supports and pushes her to achieve her dreams. And isn’t ashamed of her being the smart one and most likely the ‘breadwinner;' if he’s not on the same intellectual level as she is. That’s the kind of man she needs.”
    Harvey nodded in agreement. “I hope the very same for her.”
    “I hope Sam finds a great girl too,” she added. “Someone who’s just as quirky as he is and doesn’t mind the touring life of a rock star.”
    “He’s still pursuing that dream eh?”
    “Last he told me.”

Since the carousel was nearby they decided to ride it next after their stomachs settled a bit.

Harvey chose the most valiant looking steed he could find to ride on and was quite surprised to see Penny choose the lion to ride on. It made him shake his head with a chuckle, of course loving her a little more because of it.

50979992276_3847ef872e_c.jpg

He certainly didn’t mind the view once the carousel started moving.

50979992401_9e72a3b51c_c.jpg

“WOO HOO!” Penny cheered with excitement.

50979290408_b44c6e07ca_c.jpg

As the carousel spun faster, Harvey couldn’t help crying out “WOO HOO,” also.

50979992386_c6f331b44c_c.jpg

A carousel is the kind of ride where one can let out their inner child and no one thinks twice about it. And that’s exactly what the couple did; having a jolly good old time.

50979992311_dea8c0877c_c.jpg

50979992496_4348b0465c_c.jpg

50979992371_c48e1ca0fb_c.jpg

50980102772_7fa560f481_c.jpg

50980102682_a70972bc34_c.jpg

Afterward they stood under the large oak tree, not so secretly expressing more of their affection for each other.

50980102802_66635bfd9e_c.jpg

“What shall we do next my dear?” Harvey whispered in her ear.
    “Well…,” she giggled, as he caressed it with his lips. “I saw a photo booth back there. Mmm. We should get our picture taken.”
    “Great idea. Something to remember this day for always.”
    “Oh I don’t think I’ll need a picture to remember it, but yeah.”

After the picture they decided to do a little dancing to a slow song that came on over the outdoor speakers.

50979288888_73ff879d51_c.jpg

They couldn’t help gazing fondly into each other's eyes, feeling like the luckiest - and most incredibly blessed - two people in love in the whole wide world of Simthaer.

50979991031_221edd7902_c.jpg

50980101057_15d1ee272a_c.jpg

The sun was setting and both were excited to finally enter the haunted house, but the android in charge of it told them it wasn’t open yet. He proceeded to inform them of how long it would be until it was open, down to the last second. The two just shrugged at each other with a chuckle while saying, “Androids!”

To kill that time, they picked various different wildflowers growing all around the Festival grounds to keep in a vase at both houses…

50979288948_09f30b2690_c.jpg

...and relaxed by the fountain and talked.

50980101267_1ba185a2d4_c.jpg

Once the haunted house was open, Harvey took Penny’s hands in his and asked, “You ready for this?” with a cheeky grin.

50980101017_7ac349d3e0_c.jpg

“I dunno,” she hesitated. “I’m starting to have second thoughts. I just realized this is a haunted house from a whole different world than our own and...we don’t know what’s in there.” She glanced at it with nervousness. “It could be scarier.” The fog emitting from the doorway didn’t look like it was coming from a machine and with magic being so prevalent in this world, her anxiety level was rising.
    “I’m sure it’ll be alright,” Harvey assured. “Besides, I’ll be right there with you. And protect you if need be.” He kissed her forehead.
    “That’s what I’m afraid of. I don’t want you to get hurt cause...I kinda love you,” she playfully said with doe eyes.
    “I’ll be fine,” he chuckled at her sweetness. “I guess this is a time where one of my strengths complement one of your weaknesses.” He winked.
    “I guess,” she blushed. “Then I shall do as you did and face my fear by going in first.”
    “Okay, but I will be very close behind. I promise.”

50980100977_65fe95edee_c.jpg

Going through the haunted house, hand in hand, the two saw and heard things they couldn’t explain and the scary thing was...it all felt very much real. Even the ghosts that swooped by overhead were transparent. Nearing the end of it, a ghoul statue in the shadows blew out a rancid breath right in Harvey’s face which instantly made him feel sick to his stomach, but he was glad he got slammed with it instead of Penny.

The moment Penny saw the light coming from the exit, she made a mad dash for it. Her feet came to a screeching halt on the grass, her eyes bugged out in fright as her chest rose and fell rapidly. Thank goodness! I knew I was right about that haunted house...oh my…

50979990891_14f49f0d3f_c.jpg

Her body shook and shivered thinking back on the experience as Harvey finally made his way out of the house.

50980100887_3601b07e5a_c.jpg

“I’m so sorry,” Penny expressed to him through chattering teeth. “I thought you were right behind me. I just wanted to get the heck out of there!” She turned to fully face him.
    “No...it’s…okay,” Harvey breathlessly said, gripping his stomach and leaning forward a bit.
    His face looked as white as the moon. “Are you okay?” she asked, becoming very worried.

50979990826_bbbf8703ef_c.jpg

“That...ghoul’s breath...I don’t know...what that was...I--” He couldn’t hold it back any longer and vomited right then and there.

“Oh Harvey!” Penny gasped, clasping her hands up to her mouth.

50979288618_9a40c4674f_c.jpg

It just kept coming and coming and Penny stood frozen in shock.

50979990786_4958cb792c_c.jpg

When it finally let up - after a bit of coughing and spluttering - Harvey wiped at his mouth with his shirtsleeve and stood up straight, giving Penny a sad and sickly expression. She instantly took him into a hug.
    “Oh my goodness,” she said, pressing her cheek against his. “Are you okay!? Do you feel better?”
    “Yes...and not really,” he replied. “I feel so embarrassed. I’m sorry you had to see that…”

50980100762_af1194698d_c.jpg

“It’s okay,” she soothed, looking him in the eye and brushing his bangs away from them. “It happens. You forget that I’m a schoolteacher. It’s not the first time I’ve seen someone vomit on the spot.” She half smiled.
    “Yeah, but that was a kid not your boyfriend…”
    “It’s really no different.”
    He affectionately pressed his sweaty forehead against hers, breathing heavily, before his weary body started leaning into her. “I need to sit down. I can’t get that scent out of my nose and I can still taste it.”
    “Aww,” she cooed, feeling his forehead. “You’re pale. We should go back home and get you in bed.”
    He nodded. “I’m sorry our date had to end like this…”

50980100732_c16a8e92da_c.jpg

“Don’t be sorry sweetheart,” she said, cupping his face in her hands. “We had a lot of fun today and it’s still one of the happiest days I’ve ever had in my life.” She smiled.
    He smiled in return. “You are so wonderful. I’d kiss you right now, but trust me...you don’t want to kiss these lips after that.”

Penny laughed over Harvey’s chuckle as she put her arm around his waist and helped keep him steady as they walked back toward the car.

Despite that unfortunate incident, it was the perfect end to the perfect day.

<3<3<3<3<3

A/N: There were two songs I thought of when writing this portion of the Chapter and both were so perfect, I couldn't pick just one so...enjoy them both. :blush:
  • Options

@emorrill Coffee...update...perfect start to the morning! :smiley:
    oh no, bummer about the rain.
    Awesome prayer and answer to it! Harvey was blessed!
    Gorgeous shot of the balloon in the air with the festival grounds and the mountains in the background.
    Awwww, I loved how he told her he loved her! :love: Such beautiful words expressing his feelings! I'm just melting.
    My romantic heart is so happy with those scenes! :heart:<3<3
    um, ok, I won't say it wasn't making out, but hearts. yeah, hearts! :lol:
    So romantic!
    Interesting conversation about the quest and not all of the group pairing up or finding love as their quest. It makes sense as a couple of them don't feel right for each other on certain levels. We all know opposites can attract but Maru and Sam would be a stretch.
    I just love watching my sims on the carousel. Penny and Harvey had a great time!
    Poor Harvey! :anguished: Well he could have been turned into a ghost and that would have freaked Penny completely, so I think he got off easy being sick.
    Loved the update! Both songs are perfect for the update.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    "Squeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Sorry, that wasn't me, I swear, I don't "squee" like that. :D There's some dust in the air or something. No, I know, I got hit by a ghoul's breath, making me giddy and teary-eyed. :tongue:

I'm assuming that his sickness was something unexpected that you worked in the story? I like it when that happens, it just adds a touch of unpredictability that we love about Sims. :mrgreen:

I have her boots in my game too, I like them as well. :)

I laughed at the pic of her sniffing the purple flower. Too funny expression on her face. :D

Excellent work creating their date, Emily!! <3<3
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    @bekkasan I always look forward to reading your sweet comments. <3
    Awesome prayer and answer to it! Harvey was blessed!
    ^He was. :blush: I kinda drew on my own experience once while writing that. I may have told you about it before, but in case I didn't, I'll PM it to you if you're curious. :kissing_heart:
    My romantic heart is so happy with those scenes! :heart:<3<3
    ^Yay! :blush: On the flip side I would've been eating it all up too. <3<3 (Oh heck I totally was while writing it! :mrgreen: )
    um, ok, I won't say it wasn't making out, but hearts. yeah, hearts! :lol:
    ^Lol! :lol: We'll just say that the Wizard saw them getting all kissy kissy and had to throw out some magical hearts at them. :p I mean, there's this whole magical star appearing when some of the couples hook up so... :smirk: Hee hee!
    I took TONS of carousel pictures and had to filter through them. It was adorable watching them on there. <3
    Yeah if Harvey had turned into a ghost I'm sure Penny would've fainted! :lol: (Poor girl. :cry: ) I'm not sure if that's one I would've incorporated into the story, but it would've been fun trying to find a way to. ;)
    Thanks for the comments. They always light up my day and make me smile and laugh. :kissing_heart:

@KevinL5275
    "Squeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
    Sorry, that wasn't me, I swear, I don't "squee" like that. :D There's some dust in the air or something. No, I know, I got hit by a ghoul's breath, making me giddy and teary-eyed. :tongue:
    ^ROTFLOL!!! :joy: Oh my gosh...that was awesome! :lol:
    I won't tell anyone you squealed, I promise. ;)
    (It was a flattering response. :blush: )
    I'm assuming that his sickness was something unexpected that you worked in the story? I like it when that happens, it just adds a touch of unpredictability that we love about Sims. :mrgreen:
    ^You are correct my friend. :mrgreen: And yes, it's fun what the game decides to throw out at us sometimes. I almost didn't add it in, but I felt it would give the story a little bit of realism and show that not all romantic dates are 100% perfect. Stuff happens. ;)
    Those boots are my favorite out of all the boots. :star:
    Penny does have a funny looking face sniffing that flower, but I thought it was too cute not to add in. ;)
    Thank you buddy. <3 I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

@emorrill
    Like the way you explain the Maru and Sam situation.
    Hot morning with Penny & Harvey, for a moment I thought they would end up in bed.
    Absolutely wonderful scene at the “toy gripping machine” – so close for Harvey
    All in all, a bad day competitively for poor Harvey, but do not think he cared too much as long as they spend time together, but doing the hot air balloon might be a steep too far.
    The balloon flight not starting out well for Harvey, fine that Penny does not hold it against him, but for him a horrible ride. Great that the effect of his prayers helped him compose and actually made him enjoy the beauty of the journey.
    And again, interesting thoughts on the situation with Sam and Maru. Basically, the only two who seemingly will end up singles or?
    “Harvey couldn’t help crying out “WOO HOO,” also.” :D
    Love the pic where she smells the purple flower
    Oh no Harvey sick after that haunted house – such a hard day for him.
    Two nice love songs, guess I liked the 2nd a bit more than the 1st.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @Tamijo Thank you so much for popping in here, reading, and sharing your thoughts. I appreciate them. <3
    Like the way you explain the Maru and Sam situation.
    And again, interesting thoughts on the situation with Sam and Maru. Basically, the only two who seemingly will end up singles or?
    ^ Thanks. And...that is the question. :smirk:
    Hot morning with Penny & Harvey, for a moment I thought they would end up in bed.
    ^Oh they were tempted for sure! :mrgreen:
    But Penny's mom would have Harvey's head if that happened... :flushed: Then he really wouldn't be able to marry her...

I'm glad you liked the songs. :blush: They were both so fitting I just couldn't chose one. Some of the BEST romantic songs come out of country music, I tell you what! :grin:;)
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @emorrill: The rhetorical ? is: "do they end up single", so did not expect an answer.
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    On to Chapter 13 we go! :smiley: And it's gonna be a good one. :mrgreen:

The "scaring" in this scene was not planned, it was something that the game threw out at me again so I decided to incorporate it into the story. ;) (Cause I'm not controlling Donna - I'm juggling too many sims already. :p )

Enjoy my friends. <3

Chapter 13

Two weeks passed. It had now been a month and a week since the twelve Pelican Town residents landed in the magical town of Appaloosa to fulfill some mysterious quest. While their time here had, for the most part, been lovely, each of them were beginning to feel homesick and couldn’t help wondering why they were still here when they all felt like they had accomplished so much already. Most of them had certainly found more happiness here than they ever did back home. The unknown was really beginning to weigh on them.

Nevertheless they continued to press forward, driven by their survival instincts and determination to be reunited with their loved ones.

Abigail was especially working hard to find answers from the Wizard, not so much on behalf of everyone else, but for herself. She still hadn’t revealed her magical powers to Sebastian, as much as her conscience kept nagging at her to. It was because she had hoped to communicate with the Wizard and gain more insight about her magic - maybe even ask him if it would be wise to divulge her secret - before she did.

Every evening she snuck out of the house and returned to the deepest basement of the graveyard catacombs, her place of solace and magical retreat. She studied many of the spellbooks and potion making texts into the wee hours of the night, gaining as much knowledge as she could to perform every option available to her to make contact with the Wizard. The options were slim.

During the day she would research on the World Wide Web and then forage around the countryside, collecting all the necessary ingredients for the spells and potions needed. Sebastian and Sam found it odd that she desired to be alone rather than hang out with them, but they shrugged it off to the fact that everyone was feeling a little down and differently than usual lately. Sebastian, particularly, wanted to respect Abigail’s wishes and give her all the time she needed to work through whatever inner battles she was fighting. He wished Sam and his sister were just as considerate to him in that regard, but it was nice to know they cared.

One evening, Abigail took great care brewing up a potion that would supposedly create a stronger communication portal to the outside world simply by throwing it at the ground and reciting another incantation while the smoke trailed up into the sky. She’d grown quite hopeful that it would work and was enjoying the heck out of making her very first potion.

51007255046_17d7195106_c.jpg

51007255011_a6a4d794e4_c.jpg

51007360652_ca2b6527d5_c.jpg

“Let’s double check here,” she uttered as she carefully studied the recipe again, making sure she had followed the steps exactly, before throwing in the final ingredient.

51007360632_42fb13857e_c.jpg

Then she wafted the steam toward her nose. “Smells right.”

51006548298_1c6b01a87a_c.jpg

The solution was ready to be bottled and as she did so she shook with excitement.

51006548268_b5013c9610_c.jpg

She even brewed up a few other potions afterward, some that would strengthen her stamina to perform spells better and even some of the silly ones like a love potion or one that would turn someone into a toad. Not that she would ever need those things, but one never knows; especially in a magical world such as this. There were some pretty amazing medicinal potion recipes she found in a book titled “Medicines of Magic” that she wished more than anything to present to Harvey, but maybe at another time.

With eagerness and excitement in her step, she raced out of the catacombs until there was nothing between her and the starry night sky. The sparkle in her eyes reflected in them. Readying herself and drawing in a breath, she slammed the newly concocted potion onto the ground and quickly began reciting the spell as the pink smoke gradually rose up into the air. And with the same longing and desire from before, she called out to the Wizard Rasmodius.

Once again there was no answer.

Anger consumed the young woman this time rather than hurt. “These spells have GOT to be working!” she cried. “I did everything right! Is he hearing me, but choosing not to reply to me for some stupid reason? If that’s the case then it’s ON! I will not stop bugging him until he does!”

A couple of nights later she was getting ready to create another attempt potion when someone snuck up behind her and screeched, scaring the living daylights out of her. It was Donna.

51007254941_c6ffabb65e_c.jpg

“DONNA! Holy sh**!” she cried while panting, holding her hand to her heart. “Geez are you trying to kill me!?”
    There was a brief pause, before the ghost replied, “I’d rather like that actually, then I wouldn’t be so alone in this world.” She smirked.

51007254901_d7de9b0246_c.jpg

Abigail sharply turned towards her. “That’s not funny! You forget I’m not from this world! I don’t want to die here! That would be h*ll!”
    “I’m sorry…,” Donna frowned, feeling a twinge of hurt by that last comment. “I was just trying to have a little fun with my friend...”
    “Well, scaring someone who’s all alone in a basement underneath a bunch of graves is not fun! Nevermind the fact that I’m doing all this in secret because the others don’t know I possess magical powers! I thought you were one of them!”

51007360497_118d17110b_c.jpg

“Oh. Right. I didn’t think about that...” She lowered her head. “I’m just so bored anymore these days Abby. There’s nothing to do and I can’t watch over my family’s posterity like I used to…"
    Abigail pressed her lips together and naturally forgave her. Then she placed a caring hand on her invisible shoulder. “I’m sorry Donna. It seems I didn’t think about that either...”
    The girl gave her a faint smile, accepting her apology. “I miss them. Why did I have to be stuck in this bubble with you guys?” she pouted. “No offense.”
    “None taken,” she said with a sigh. “I dunno. That’s a really good question.”
    “I just wish you could use your magic and send me out of here to the place where your Wizard sent all the townsfolk!”
    “Hmm,” Abigail mumbled, gripping her chin in thought. “Maybe I can…”
    “Seriously!?”

51007254871_3c3ffffc62_c.jpg

“I’ll have to go back and find it, but there was this one spell I read about…,” she trailed off as she began rummaging through the pile of books and flipping pages left and right. Donna watched in nervous anticipation.

“Aha! Here it is!” Abigail declared, quickly committing the spell to memory. Thankfully it was a short one. “This may just work. You wanna give it a try?”
    “Oh, uh…I dunno,” Donna hesitated, growing more nervous. “I was just making a wish, I didn’t think you could actually do it.”
    Abigail shot her a look. “Hey now…”
    “You know I didn’t mean it like that.”
    “I know, I’m just kidding,” she winked, then pulled out her wand. “I’m ready when you are.”
    “Hold on! What if the spell fails and I disappear into oblivion or something?”
    “That won’t happen…”
    “How do you know?”
    “Because I know things, alright. Trust me.”
    “Oh, okay.”

51006548158_bb9df6e9ca_c.jpg

Abigail waved her wand all around Donna as she began whispering the spell.

“W-Wait!” the girl stammered as she witnessed the waves of light glowing brighter, holding her hands up. “I take back what I said...I’m fine staying here. Really. Besides we didn’t even say goodbye...”

51006548123_1793f11959_c.jpg

But it was too late. The prism lights from the spell engulfed her.

51007254821_483e43e00a_c.jpg

When the lights disappeared, Donna was still present.

Abigail cursed under her breath. She was happy to still have Donna around, of course, but once again this meant another unsuccessful casting of a spell.

“Whew,” Donna blew out, “that scared me for a bit. Not that I didn’t trust you, I just don’t completely trust magic--”
    “Don’t worry about it Donna,” Abigail waved off. “I wouldn’t trust a spell coming from me either.” Her shoulders slumped along with her head.
    “Hey,” the girl said, stepping forward and placing a comforting hand on Abigail’s shoulder now. “Don’t think like that. You’re a great witch; with a pure heart. You have so much potential and if you don’t believe in yourself you’ll never fully reach it.”

Abigail nodded, knowing she was right. “It appears I still don’t know what I’m doing...I need guidance. And my powers are growing the more I exercise them and I’m having trouble keeping them all contained.”
    “You didn’t reach the Wizard?”
    “No…”
    “That’s funny,” Donna paused, thinking. I could’ve sworn she did!
    “It sure felt like I did, but...I guess he doesn’t want to talk to me.”
    “Maybe there’s a reason for that.”
    “What reason could there be!? I was practically on my knees begging him to help me. How could he ignore that? I mean, he helped me when I started that fire, so why would he not want to help me now?” she asked with her hands spread apart.
    Donna shrugged. “I dunno. Perhaps he’s thinking you must learn it all on your own.”
    “I’m TRYING to! Oh Donna…,” she began to cry into her hand. “I don’t know why I desire his help so badly. Normally I can handle things just fine on my own without anyone's help. I don’t even know him," she paused, "I doubt he really even cares about me. Then again I’ve always felt this strong connection to him, so maybe that means he does care, but then he doesn’t answer me when I call, and I…,” she shook her head, “I’m just so confused.” She continued to sob.
    “Shhh,” Donna soothed, wrapping her cool arms around her friend. “You’ll figure it out Abby. I know you will. You’re strong.”
    “Thanks…”

The truth was, Abigail felt weak, for the first time in her life, and it frightened her. So many things frightened her now underneath her strong, outward persona...and she was tired of it.

She wanted peace. She wanted to feel free. There was nothing in her life that she craved more.

Looks like I’ve gotta figure this all out by myself. And I will.

...to be continued. :)
  • Options
    I HAD to roll out the rest that I've written so far! Enjoy everyone. :mrgreen:

Continuation of Chapter 13

One afternoon Alex and Haley were vegging on the couch upstairs at the girl’s house watching TV. The show they were watching was all about fashion and Alex was losing interest very quickly.

51007914391_f48915e2c3_c.jpg

“Hey babe,” he finally asked, “is there something better we can watch?”
    “No,” came the swift reply. “I’m learning some epic fashion tips here. The fashion in this world rocks! Why didn’t I think of this stuff?”
    Alex shook his head as he took a casual look around the room. When his eyes happened upon the bookcase a smile played across his lips. “Okay...guess I’ll just read a book or something.” He was due to read one anyway if he wanted to face off with Maru in a game of soccer. It’d just been a real struggle to make himself do it.
    “Read a book?” Haley questioned with a furrowed brow, watching him get up and head to the bookcase. “Since when?”
    He didn’t immediately respond since he was scanning the titles on the spines to see if anything jumped out at him. “Oh...since Maru said she’d play a game of soccer if I read a book.”

51007914576_74b372128a_c.jpg

That got the blonde’s attention. “Why would she ask you to read a book just to play a game?” She huffed. “So snobby...and so typical of an egghead.”
    “She didn’t ask me to out of snobbery,” he countered, rather impressed that he knew such a word. He chuckled at one of the titles, Why do Vampires Su’ck? and decided that was the winner. He pulled it from the shelf and sat back down next to Haley, continuing what he was saying. “It was more a challenge. She said sports really weren’t her thing and then I said reading isn’t my thing so she challenged me to read a book and if I did she would play soccer again.”
    Haley shook her head. “You really wanna play with her that bad huh?”
    “H’e’l’l yeah I do! I wanna kick her butt!”
    She chuckled, eyes still glued to the screen. “You totally will. Let me know when you guys face off; I wanna watch.”
    Yeeeeah, that ain’t happening, he thought. This was between him and Maru. Besides the last thing he needed was his girlfriend distracting him while trying to beat the smart competition.

51008015982_4f9e17ff33_c.jpg

A few minutes later Maru came upstairs heading for her bedroom.

51007914586_7579e3f9e1_c.jpg

When she found Alex reading instead of watching TV with Haley, a broad smile lit up her face.

51007203893_1ffac67306_c.jpg

She quickly hid it though as she tip-toed into her room.

Guess I’ll be playing a game of soccer in the near future, she thought, smiling again. For once in her life she was actually looking forward to it.

51007203913_2b60b3db4f_c.jpg

Alex couldn’t put the book down. So much so that he finished it in two days. He was so excited to present it to Maru that he jumped out of bed the following morning, got dressed - gelled up his hair and even threw on cologne - so he could catch her upstairs in Harvey’s grand room. They were always compounding or inventing stuff in the mornings. Haley lay dead to the world in his bed. I’ll be back in here before she wakes up, he thought, and quietly exited the room.

Harvey was just on his way out of the room when Alex lifted his fist to knock. They both chuckled at their encounter for a second and then continued on their separate ways.

Walking in the room to find Maru standing over the science station clutching her notepad and intensely studying whatever was on the screen, tickled Alex’s senses a bit.

51008016082_f279746e68_c.jpg

It seemed like the smart girl in town was getting prettier and prettier every time he saw her and he couldn’t figure out why. He quickly shook his head to dispel anymore thoughts on it as he quietly approached her.

Maru jumped in a startle as he dropped the book onto the end table next to the big machine. When she looked at him, he gave her a giant smirk. She smiled.
    “I read a book,” he happily informed.

51008016227_0188fa63ff_c.jpg

“I see that,” she said, placing her notepad down next to it and playfully folding her arms. “How much of it did you read?”
    “All of it.”
    She gave him a disbelieving look. “Why don’t you give me a quick synopsis of it then?”

51008016267_d5836a2289_c.jpg

After Alex gave a rather impressive description of the story - with unexpected excitement in his voice no less - Maru read the back of the book to compare it with his synopsis. They were very similar. She nodded. “Well done. I’m really proud of you,” she smiled with sincerity.
    “Thanks,” he blushed.

51007914556_1033bc513a_c.jpg

“I guess books can be just as exciting as a sport can’t they?” she smirked.
    “Yeah yeah, okay, can we just play soccer already?” He toothy grinned.

51008015932_a482f3ef8c_c.jpg

She laughed. “I guess. A deal’s a deal.”
    “Today?”
    “Uh...it’ll have to be this afternoon. I gotta finish this up.”
    “Well you just tell me what time and I’ll head right on over to your place. I can't wait!”
    “Okay.” She hoped she wasn’t blushing.
    “You’re going down Scientist's daughter…”

Maru stepped forward until her eyes were mere inches from his. “Bring it.”

51007914671_0069646aea_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Haley turned over in the bed and when she reached for Alex, he wasn’t there. Her head popped up as she looked around the room. “Alex?” The shower wasn’t running. “Hmm.” She threw on some clothes, combed her hair with her fingers, and went to look for him, figuring he stepped out to exercise.

Nope. He wasn’t eating breakfast either. She glanced outside, but he was nowhere to be seen. The two guys in the main living area, Sebastian and Shane, didn’t know where he was. So she decided to check in the bedrooms to see if he was hanging out with one of the other guys. Not like he has any reason to go to my house - or anywhere - without me.

The first bedroom she hit up was Sam and Sebastian’s. She could hear Sam playing the guitar and singing through the door so she knocked firmly.

“Come in.”

Haley poked her head through the doorway to scan the room for Alex and when her eyes took hold upon Sam they widened. He was rocking out on his guitar without a shirt on and her eyes must’ve been deceiving her because the gimpy young man actually had some muscle tone around those pecs, and some on his arms. There was even a hint of a six pack. Oh my… she gaped. The woman was utterly flabbergasted. It was like Sam turned into a whole different man.

51007914326_83210843bc_c.jpg

“Hey Haley,” Sam greeted, still playing.
    “Hey...uh...do you know where Alex is?”
    He gave her a questionable look. “Why would I know where he is?”
    “I dunno,” she shrugged. “I seemed to have lost him so I was just checking in all areas of the house.”
    “Cool,” was all he said as he continued playing.

Haley watched him a bit more, fully stepping into the room now. “What are you playing?” she curiously asked as she crossed her arms over her chest.
    “A song I just wrote.”
    “Yeah right…”

51007914686_ee445dc325_c.jpg

Sam rolled his eyes. “Okay, Sebastian wrote the music, but I wrote the lyrics for it.”
    She nodded, not expecting that confession. “The words I heard were...interesting. Almost like you were talking about yourself.”
    The man’s eyebrows shot up as he met her gaze. “Impressive. I was talking about me, and my feelings lately.”
    She cracked a smug smile at guessing correctly. “What is it you ‘can’t turn away’ from?” she asked, quoting the lyrics.*
    He sighed. “My dreams. I let the hard times in life get the best of me too much, so I end up just giving up…

51008015847_aec9c88e42_c.jpg

...But I don’t want to give up anymore. That’s lazy and it’s been getting me nowhere. Nothing comes easy in this world, I’m learning. I gotta work hard if I want to make my dreams a reality; to have what I always wanted.”
    Haley was honestly impressed by his response and strangely felt like she could understand. “So, what are your dreams?”
    “You don’t know? I wanna be a Rockstar! Have my own band, hopefully with Sebastian and Abigail in it. I wanna tour the whole of Stardew Valley and play for the masses,” he gestured. “I want my music to be the kind that everyone loves to listen to, because it’s got a hot beat and rad lyrics.” He grinned.
    Haley found herself grinning in return. “Well...it sounds pretty good so...I think you’re well on your way there.”

51007914706_47cd3695a8_c.jpg

Sam’s fingers fell from the strings as he stared at her for a moment in disbelief. “You really mean that?” he asked with a growing smile.

51008016317_fec2ef3185_c.jpg

“Uhh...yeah.”
    “Sorry it’s just...I don’t think I’ve ever heard you compliment anyone on anything; that isn’t fashion related,” he added with a chuckle.
    Haley shook her head with an eye roll. “Okay, that’s mostly true. But I actually meant that one this time…”
    He smiled, his heart touched. “Thanks.”
    She nodded. “Now play it again. I wanna hear it from the beginning,” she asked with a flirtatious look in her eye.

51008015832_f82562db9b_c.jpg

That was enough to get the young man to do whatever she wished. “With pleasure!” Holy flip she likes my music! Yessss! This had officially become the highlight of his day. Of his life!

Haley tapped her foot all throughout his playing and singing while secretly loving the show he was putting on. No doubt the guy could really shred on the guitar and she had no idea.

51007203628_f70ae247c4_c.jpg

51008015872_ed5682de48_c.jpg

She’d always considered him to be the other attractive guy in town - next to Alex - and now, in this moment, he was really looking attractive.

51007914751_febe33fd1b_c.jpg

51007203603_fe8a7ae61e_c.jpg

Seriously, what happened to him? Did he finally grow up or something because oh my he’s so--

“There you are!” she heard Alex say as he opened the bedroom door. Sam instantly stopped playing.

51007203578_00a8e1863a_c.jpg

“There YOU are,” Haley threw back at him. “Where were you?”
    “I was,” he stopped, scratching at his temple, “uh, upstairs, talking to Harvey. I had to ask him something medical related.”

51008015767_a18c68b510_c.jpg

She gave him a scrutinizing look for a second before accepting his answer. He was acting weird. “Okaaay. You didn’t hurt yourself during a workout did you?”
    “No,” he assured with a light kiss on her forehead. “Speaking of, would you like to go for a swim at the gym? I haven’t started my morning workout.”
    “Sure!” Then she looked back at Sam and gave a little wave. “Enjoyed your song Sam. See ya later.”
    “See ya,” Sam returned, his face falling.

Before Alex shut the door he said, “Get a shirt on Sam. You look ridiculous playing guitar without one.”
    “Oh so it’s okay for YOU to be shirtless around here, but not the rest of us!?” he shot back.

51008015762_0563671012_c.jpg

Alex simply rolled his eyes with a head shake and firmly shut the door.
    Jackwad! Then he sighed. A jackwad who has the most beautiful girlfriend on the planet…

51007203513_877444c9d6_c.jpg

Once again life didn’t feel fair, but he quickly reminded himself not to let that bring him down. He didn’t have time for that anymore.

:mrgreen:

*The song referenced in this part of the Chapter was "Can't Turn Away" by Plain White T's. :)
  • Options
    Oooooooh the seeds of Alex/Maru and Haley/Sam have been sown..... I'm not sure how I feel about that. :#
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @emorrill I enjoyed both updates very much! :heart:
    I rather imagine it is difficult for them being so far away from home even if they have familiar people on the journey with them.

I'm glad Abigail is still working with her magic. I'm disappointed she has not trusted Sebastian with her secret though. I am sure you have a perfect plan for that though.
    I think she needs to give up on the idea of communicating with the wizard. It seems like she was sent away in order to fully realize her potential. If he was going to help her he would not have sent her on the quest and had her stay in the Valley.
    I love the pictures you took of her brewing the potions. She looks like she is having a blast!
    LOL at Donna scaring her! Perfect fun even though Abby didn't like it! :lol:
    I was disappointed to see her start doubting herself. I thought of her as stronger than that. She's come a long way in such a short time ALL BY HERSELF and she should be proud of that and stop her crying and yes, put her big girl panties on, su.,ck it up and figure it out! It takes time to learn anything and something as special as magic is not going to be like learning your abc's or how to divide 4 by 2. I hope she can stop worrying and embrace the fun in her life and enjoy.
    PS: She needs to tell Sebastian! :lol:

I was surprised Alex told Haley about the challenge. She is such a 'bia..tch'. I'm glad that Alex defended Maru from Haley's ugly comment.
    Cute picture of Maru when she sees Alex reading.
    I enjoyed the conversation with Alex and Maru. He thinks she's getting prettier! :grin: I'd say he is looking at her with new eyes. She's always been pretty!
    Cute hair for Haley.
    Sam is starting to look much hotter. I'm not surprised she noticed given their previous flirtations.
    That was actually nice of Haley complimenting Sam.
    I hope he continues working towards his dream. I like he wants to include Sebastian and Abby. Is that what they want?
    Love the pics of him playing the guitar. Rockin!
    Hmmm, Alex lied to Haley. Silly sim. I know he doesn't want her to watch, but he still has to ditch her for the match. They seem to be tied together at the hips so hopefully he won't have trouble ditching her.
    lol at Alex complaining about Sam being shirtless.
    I like Sam's comeback.
    She might be beautiful Sam, but she is a 'bia..tch' so watch out. Nicer girls I am sure back in Star Dew Valley.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @KevinL5275
    Oooooooh the seeds of Alex/Maru and Haley/Sam have been sown..... I'm not sure how I feel about that. :#
    ^I understand. <3
    The comforting thing is that while Alex and Haley have "noticed" Maru and Sam, that's all it is and they have no desire to act on those feelings, and may never will. They still care deeply for each other. <3 (Even though that's sometimes hard to see with Haley. :lol: ) We'll just have to see what happens. I hope these chains of events don't drive you away from my story. ;):p<3
    Did you like that picture of her giving Sam the dreamy eyes? :mrgreen: I don't wanna go tooting my own horn, but I thought that was a beautifully captured shot of a beautiful sim. :blush: And I may have been thinking about your reaction to it when I took it. ;)

@bekkasan I see your comments and I'm like: :mrgreen: Yay!
    I rather imagine it is difficult for them being so far away from home even if they have familiar people on the journey with them.
    ^Oh for sure. If I were in their shoes I'd be missing my parents terribly. :cry: I think Shane is especially missing Jas now that he's sober and Penny still worries about how her alcoholic mom is faring without her. I think everyone else is happy to be away from their parents for a time and experience some freedom. :lol: (Except for Harvey, Elliott and Leah of course. ;) Their parents aren't around back home.)
    I believe Abby is giving up the idea of communicating with the Wizard... (It's growth time! :lol: )
    I was disappointed to see her start doubting herself. I thought of her as stronger than that.
    ^She is a strong girl. :) Always has been. Always been an independent spirit. (It drives her dad nuts. :lol: ) Having the "there's nothing I can't do," mentality of a teenager and now 21 year old you know? ;) It's never let her down. So now that her magic is growing and she's not as great at it right away as she is with most everything else in life, she's beginning to doubt herself. She's hungering to master her magical abilities while she's in a place where she freely can, so that's why she's desperately been trying to reach out to the Wizard. But maybe she will learn, as Sam is learning, that great things do not come easy. ;)
    Yes, she really does need to tell Sebastian. :p
    Regarding Alex:
    He thinks she's getting prettier! I'd say he is looking at her with new eyes. She's always been pretty!
    ^I agree. :blush:
    Oh you think Sam is looking hotter now too? :lol:;) Yeah, him, Seb and Abby have wanted to form a band for years. :)
    Love the pics of him playing the guitar. Rockin!
    ^Thank you. :mrgreen: I'm SO glad I found those poses and the guitar accessory to go with it. 👍
    You noticed that Alex told Haley a lie as well, eh? :smirk: (I guess it was hard not to notice, but I wondered if anyone was like, "Well she somewhat lied to him before so now he's doing it. How trustworthy is their relationship?" 🤔 ) ;)
    It will be interesting indeed to see how Alex faces off with Maru without Haley knowing about it because, the soccer net is at the ladies house..... :p
    Sam's comeback I hoped showed a bit of character development on his part. :) Remember how he was all nervous that Alex caught him using his exercise equipment? ;)
    Thank you for all the fun comments. :mrgreen: I enjoy reading them so much. <3

----

I had to share the inspiration for that comment Alex made to Sam about him "looking ridiculous" playing guitar without a shirt on. :lol:

So my husband has always loved the band "Red Hot Chili Peppers" (I mean, let's face it, they had some good hits back in the day. :mrgreen: ) and he showed me this music video a while back and I was like, "He (the lead singer) looks nasty jumping around and singing without a shirt on!" :grimace: The bass player was playing without his shirt on in a few shots.
    I know, shocker I said anything like that. :lol: (Maybe it's because I just don't find the dude(s) very attractive. :confused: Sorry...)

So, yeah that's what I was totally thinking about when I wrote that part. :p And I may have modeled Sam's attire to the lead singer's as well. :)

Here's the music video if y'all wanna see. ( @bekkasan you won't like it... :joy: It's strange even to me, but if you're curious... :p )
  • Options
    emorrill wrote: »
    @KevinL5275
    ^I understand. <3
    The comforting thing is that while Alex and Haley have "noticed" Maru and Sam, that's all it is and they have no desire to act on those feelings, and may never will. They still care deeply for each other. <3 (Even though that's sometimes hard to see with Haley. :lol: ) We'll just have to see what happens. I hope these chains of events don't drive you away from my story. ;):p<3
    Did you like that picture of her giving Sam the dreamy eyes? :mrgreen: I don't wanna go tooting my own horn, but I thought that was a beautifully captured shot of a beautiful sim. :blush: And I may have been thinking about your reaction to it when I took it. ;)

You could never drive me away, and I'm shocked you would think that. Put those thoughts right out of your mind, my friend. I'm here for you and your stories for the long haul. :mrgreen:<3<3<3<3<3

To be honest I am glad you pointed out that beautiful picture of Haley to me again. I was so caught up in this new turn of events that I didn't pay attention and missed it!! That's how powerful your writing is. :) And yes, she's beautiful and that's an awesome picture you took. Thank you for thinking of me. o:)
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @emorrill
    Oh It is only 5 weeks since they came. I was thinking it was way more, my bad.
    Really love those shots in the deepest catacombs, with Abigail making her magic witch brew.
    LOL Donna, I definitely would have 🐸🐸🐸🐸 myself.
    Nice that Donna actually regrets her wish, making things even more tense than they already are.
    I could’ve sworn she did! ya Donny we all kinda had that impression B)
    Like this stuff with the competition, already did when you created the challenge. Interested to see if it might end up in a “opposites attract” situation or a fierce competitive soccer game.
    O oh oo I already sense some Cupid flying around in that room, he like her, he just don’t admit to himself :D
    I like her too :*

I don’t think I’ve ever heard you compliment anyone on anything; that isn’t fashion related,” LOL

Things are getting complicated. Now Haley also “warming up” on Sam. Alex even choose to drop a straight lie.

Once again life didn’t feel fair, but he quickly reminded himself not to let that bring him down. He didn’t have time for that anymore. He is fired up on going somewhere, that is great.

Al always HQ story-line and pictures from start to finish.

Don’t know Plain White T’S – did check it out, It fits the story very well
    Solid rock song – won’t say it blew my mind at first listen, but it is fine.
  • Options

@emorrill Good to know that Abigail is normally a strong character so hopefully she will get her self together and quit trying to contact the wizard and just learn and practice. That is what is going to work for her. It can't be learned overnight. Gardenia would tell her that! :grin:
    Yep, Sam is starting to fill out and mature. I hope he will continue to gain a stronger personality. He will need that so fame won't go to his head too much some day.
    I did watch the entire video...lol...you were right. I was curious and then it was like driving by an accident and you just have to look no matter how much you don't want to! :tired_face: I didn't like it. I think those guys been smoking too much funky smoke and poppin' too many weirdo pills. :open_mouth: I hate being too judgemental about people cause none of them might be that way at all, but that was just one strange video! I guess I'm too used to country music telling a story and seeing the story played out in the vid, and that was not a story I would want to live. :grimace: Not to say there are not some strange country video's too. :lol: Not exactly pin up dudes either. :grin:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top