Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Pelican Town to Sims Town" - A Stardew Valley, Sims 3 Fanfic

Comments

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    @KevinL5275
    Oh my!! *gasp* Finally the pay off we've been waiting for. Awesome! :D
    ^ :mrgreen:
    Thank you so much my friend. :blush: I'm glad you enjoyed it. (I knew you would especially enjoy the end of it. :smirk: )

I can't help it, I enjoy your work. :D;)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    @meerkattime Big smile on my face reading your comments. :blush:
    Shane, just don't do this to Emily and us! :#:s:angry:
    Noooo, poor Emily :'(:heartbreak: . She doesn't deserve this!
    ^I love your reaction here (even though I was sorry to do it to y'all. :kissing_heart: ) You inserted the perfect emoji's and everything. ;)
    I'm so happy he realized he was making a mistake.
    ^We ALL are! :lol:
    That was lovely <3 . My favourite chapter by now :blush: . I read your blog version as well and loved it and the pose where Emily's legs are wrapped around Shane.
    ^Thank you so much. <3 It's a new favorite scene of mine now too. :blush:
    Yeah I'm sad I had to put that picture on my blog and not on the forum cause...Shane was really sticking his tongue down her throat. :lol::p I hoped I had had a better pose where the girl is wrapping her legs around the man like that, but I didn't so I had to go hunting and that was the best one I could find. And really, after all their pent up sexual tension over the past two weeks :smirk: , I totally imagined he'd be incorporating a bit of tongue in his kisses to her anyway. :p
    Anyhoo! :lol: Thank you for the sweet comments and I'm so glad you loved it. <3

KevinL5275 wrote: »

I can't help it, I enjoy your work. :D;)

@KevinL5275

200.gif

Thank you. :blush:

I really appreciate your interest and support in my work, as well as the rest of you. :kissing_heart: Y'all help me keep going strong with it. :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    Hey friends. :) I can't help sharing this. :p (Sorry it's not a story update yet. :kissing_heart: )

So, I'm in my car listening to music and one of my favorite songs from my favorite group starts playing (It's not 3 Doors Down this time. :lol: )

Over a decade ago, there was a tragedy that happened in my life, for the second time actually... :cry: , and this song helped lift me up and convince me that I really can't give up because..."good things come to those who wait." Patience truly is a Godlike attribute and I am still working on mastering it and I don't think I ever will...
    Our baby was waiting in Heaven to come to us, and we had to figure out how to make that happen amidst my unfortunate infertility issues. As most of you know, I didn't throw in the towel and our daughter was born 10 years ago. <3*sniff*

Anyway, listening to this song again I realized that it fits a certain character in this story perfectly! I mean like, exactly when you listen to all the lyrics! I was like, "Holy cow, why didn't I discover this before or I would've thrown it at the end of a previous Chapter!" :lol: Better late than never right? ;)

If you feel like it, throw me a comment below as to who you think this song applies to. :blush: Enjoy! It's really a great song with a hot beat!🎵 Perhaps it may speak to you with whatever you're being challenged with, as it did me all those years ago. <3
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I listened to the song. I'm really happy it helped you through a bad time in your life. Music is important that way. It was a little monotonous on the refrain. Definitely not my favorite group. :grin: I think I've mentioned that before. :lol: I'm glad you love me anyway. :wink: Is one of your sims a musician? I don't see it being Sam or Alex neither seem willing to wait on anything and want it yesterday. Perhaps Abigail, she's a little more patient even if stupidly practicing on her own! I don't see any of the others either as they either have it together or working on it, like Shane, or are like Haley who just wants to coast in life on her looks and superficial personality. You know the characters better than me since I don't even play the game.
    edited February 2021
    @bekkasan Thanks for throwing out a guess. :kissing_heart:

The song I actually attribute to Sam (shocker, I know. :p ) and here's why. :blush: He is 22 and plays Guitar and hopes to make it big as a musician. (Okay, there's more to it than that. ;) )
    I don't see it being Sam or Alex neither seem willing to wait on anything and want it yesterday.
    ^You are right about this with Sam, however, in a previous chapter Sam got to thinking that he doesn't really like that part of himself. He remembered his mother's words that anything worth having you have to work hard for. It's a very tough pill for him to swallow, but that's why he's starting with this goal of getting in shape and becoming buff. He's tired of being viewed as the scrawny kid. (He may have some other motivation in getting buff...you'll see. :smirk: ) There will be a time where it will get hard for him, and he will feel like quitting ("I don't know how much more of this I can handle"), like he'd always do before because he wants life to be easy, but then he'll realize he's come too far to quit and he can't "turn away" from his goals now. The reward is just around the corner and he wants to prove to himself that he can make it. :) 👍 It goes with him becoming a musician as well.
    It's his character development in my story that makes me attribute the song to him. :)

Anyway, the song is a little monotonous - a few of their songs are - and it can get annoying, but I'm sure you remember why they are a special band to me. :blush: (Of course I love you anyway. <3 )
    edited February 2021
    Who's ready for more of Chapter 12? :mrgreen: Here it is!

I had a lot of fun writing these scenes, so many different emotions were felt. (I guess you could say I was experiencing quite the emotional high. :lol: )

There were a couple of pictures, in one scene with Shane and Emily, that I was pretty sure would've been safe to post on the thread, but...since Flickr isn't even giving me a link to share them (stu'pid) I've had to omit them so there's no pictures for that scene. Sorry. :cry: You can see them on my Blog if you'd care to check them out. ;) (I'd personally go there to read it if it were me, but anyhoo. :p ) I think they are too adorable of pictures to miss. But anyway,

Enough rambling from me. Enjoy my friends! :grin:

Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Continuation of Chapter 12

Leah and Elliott spent most of the afternoon working on their art projects in the sunroom. Leah was about finished with her painting, while Elliott was just barely scratching the surface with his very first sculpture.

“Hmm,” he uttered as he studied it for a moment, “that’s not right. Hey babe, could you come and take a look at this please?”

50927248098_490e91fea1_c.jpg

Leah carefully set down her palette and brush, thinking to wipe the stray paint off her fingers onto her clothes but remembered she forgot to wear her apron. “Sure babe, what’s up?” she asked, waving her hands dry as she approached him.
    Elliott sighed. “The back of this dude’s head looks like an afro! That’s really not the look I was going for…”
    She stifled a chuckle.
    “How am I going to fix that without losing too much material in case I mess up again?” This was a harder type of clay than any clay he ever played around with as a kid.

50927248128_2449652e64_c.jpg

“Well,” she studied, “the nice thing about clay is you can mold more onto it if you take off too much. And you’ve got plenty of spare clay here.” She winked.
    “Yeah, but this stuff is hard! The arms have already dried it seems, and I’m sure the head is not too far behind. Won’t there be obvious lines or cracks visible where I added on more clay?”
    “No. The warmth from your fingers will soften the hardened parts again as you mold the newer clay onto it, and they’ll become one. Here, I’ll show you.”
    Elliott loved watching Leah work. She was one of most talented artists he’d ever known and there wasn’t anything the woman couldn’t fix on a piece of art. He did begin to wonder though when she grunted a bit and then asked him for a bowl of water and a hand towel.

“Okay,” she breathed as she finished, wiping her hands dry. “Guess this is the type of clay that requires you to have some water nearby to help with molding additional clay onto it.” Elliott nodded. “It’s been years since I’ve worked with clay that I’ve forgotten about the first cardinal rule when working with it.”

50927931021_fed1815af3_c.jpg

Elliott glanced back up at the head. “Well now it looks more like an afro,” he noted as he looked back at her with a cheeky grin.
    She shook her head. “Gives you more practice,” she threw out, having nothing wittier to say.
    He chuckled, while taking her hands. “Thank you. It is an honor to be your student dear teacher,” he expressed, lifting one of her hands to kiss it. He loved watching her cheeks turn pink at the gesture.

“You know why I love working with material like clay and wood?” Leah asked him, then answered it before he could. “Because it’s not permanent. It provides flexibility.”

50927931051_8bed0d9e6d_c.jpg

Elliott arched a curious eyebrow at her.
    “Once something is set in stone, it cannot be changed, or altered. When I create a piece of art that is permanent, I always look at it later and think about how I could’ve shaped it differently or did it better, turning it into a true masterpiece. I guess it’s good that you see those imperfections as an artist; to show you how far you’ve grown in your talent. But for me,” she paused, “I like to be able to fix a piece of art even when it is finished, to mold it into something better or change it into something else entirely. Like, the piece is already good, but it has the ability to become better. Just like us as people sometimes.” She blushed. “That doesn’t sound silly does it?”
    “No...not at all,” he smiled.
    That made her feel a little less strange about her likening. “Anyway, I think you have the makings of a masterpiece right here,” she complimented, “it’s looking really good for your very first sculpture. I must say, I am impressed.”
    “Why thank you,” he said with a quick kiss. “I have the best teacher and a very encouraging fiancé.”
    “Oh you flatterer…”
    “That’s what I do best.”

50928058557_6853b338ee_c.jpg

They giggled.

“So hey,” Elliott switched gears, in a more serious tone. “I keep thinking about what Harvey talked to us about the other day…”
    It took Leah a second, but when she remembered, she muttered, “Oh. That.” She certainly understood why Harvey felt the need to share his feelings and concerns, but it created this horrible awkward feeling when being around the Doctor ever since. She hoped it would fade away soon.
    Elliott took her hands again and squeezed them before asking, “We’ve been careful, haven’t we?”

“Definitely!” she replied without hesitation. “We haven’t been mindlessly going at it every day like Alex and Haley have. We’ve always saved it for the perfect moment.”
    “Still...the risk is always there. And I’ll admit it’d slipped my mind.” He lowered his head in shame.
    Leah tenderly placed her hands upon his cheeks and raised his head up so their eyes met. “I didn’t think about it either, but you know what...I really wasn’t worried about it. I love you. There’s no one else I’d rather want to be the father of my children.”
    Elliott’s face beamed with such love for her.
    “We’re engaged to be married so of course we’re going to have kids sooner or later,” she winked. “Although I do think we should try to practice some form of birth control here as I really don’t want to deliver a baby in this place, but don’t worry,” she stroked his cheeks, “whatever happens, happens. There’s nothing you and I can’t endure together.”
    He gratefully smiled, feeling great comfort from her words. “You’re absolutely right. I dunno why I was feeling so concerned…”
    “Because you care for me...and that means a lot to me. There’s not a selfish bone in your body Elliott, and it’s one of many things I love about you.”
    “I could say the same about you my dear,” he said, giving her a kiss. “And I can’t wait for the day when we bring many little versions of ourselves into the world.”

50927248323_0537da7c0b_c.jpg

“Many?” she curiously asked with an arched eyebrow.
    “We can decide on the exact number later.”
    “Yeeeeah, let’s not get ahead of ourselves here…”
    He chuckled.

Emily breathed in sensual bliss as she rolled into a snuggle next to her man, intertwining her bare body with his again. She rested her forehead against his cheek and combed her fingers through his chest hair. The touch made Shane flinch, awakening from a light sexual coma. “Mmm,” he whispered, caressing his hand up and down her trim waist and hips. Neither of them had ever made love so deeply and affectionately before - for Emily, it was her first - and they desired nothing more than to stay in this position forever. It was heaven.
    “Hey you,” Emily greeted, kissing his stubbly cheek. “Did we fall asleep?”
    “...I think so,” came the drowsy reply.
    She smiled and nuzzled even closer to him while expelling a gratifying sigh. “I can’t believe that just happened. It’s more than I ever dreamed it would be...and I’m so glad it was with you.”

Shane’s eyes opened in surprise for a moment, hardly believing that Emily had been a virgin. “You were amazing,” he expressed, “I never would’ve guessed it was your first time.”
    “Well,” she began, twirling his chest hair, “a lady never reveals her secrets.”
    He chuckled while kissing her forehead. Then he released a giant sigh before randomly saying, “Clint is going to kill me for stealing you away.”
    Emily laughed, Shane following suit. She propped herself up onto her elbow to look into his eyes. “Well...he’ll get over it,” she smirked, leaning in to where their lips almost met. “Because I’m yours. Forever.”
    Shane lifted his head up to meet her lips and kissed her passionately, telling her that he was hers forever also without the use of words.

Taking a breather, they rested their foreheads against each other’s for a moment. Shane inhaled her scent deeply, caressing and rubbing various parts of her body, giving her not so subtle hints that he wished to make love again. As much as Emily’s body and soul craved for more, she had to decline for one very important reason.
    “Later,” she whispered to him. “I can hear the others talking on the other side of the wall. I think they’re waiting to see you...and it’s time.”
    Shane knew she was right and nodded.
    “Don’t be nervous. I’ll be right there beside you.”
    He smiled. “That’s exactly why I’m not nervous anymore.”
    Emily joyfully kissed him. “Alright then, it’s time for us to get dressed.”
    “Yeah, I think that would be a good idea.”
    They chuckled.

This had been the happiest day of both of their lives, and the beginning of a very bright future.

Elliott, Leah, Harvey, Penny, Sam and Sebastian conversed on the couches in the main living area. When the door to Shane’s bedroom creaked open, all conversation came to a halt. Their eyes darted in that direction, hearts thumping in anticipation. Emily emerged from around the corner first with a bright smile on her face, Shane in tow, holding his hand and leading him into the room. Upon seeing him, the six others stood up from their seats and clapped with broad grins. Shane felt an immediate warmth in his heart as he approached the group, trying to hide a blushed smile. Emily stood back a ways, tears of joy forming in her eyes.

Elliott reached out to Shane first, taking his hand and clasping his arm with the other. “Welcome back buddy,” he said.
    “Thanks,” Shane lightly uttered.

50927931221_975e68e54f_c.jpg

When Shane’s eyes met with Leah’s, she stepped forward with a hint of hesitation, then said, “Oh what the heck, come ‘ere you,” and enveloped him in a hug. “We were all so worried about you! It’s great to see you!”
    It felt a little awkward returning her hug, but Shane did so anyway. “I’ll admit, it’s great to see you guys too.”

50928058657_bcd6070f6f_c.jpg

He started making the rounds around the room, Harvey being next who smiled and took him into a short, “good to see you” hug as well. Never in a million years did Shane think he would welcome such a gesture from the Doctor, but the man saved his life and was now...his friend.

50927931276_e4257c1f05_c.jpg

Penny shyly patted Shane’s shoulder as she said, “Welcome back Shane. I’m so glad you’re feeling better.”
    “Me too. Thanks.”

Next he approached Sam who clapped him on the shoulder with a, “Good to see you dude! It’s about time you came out of that room!”

“Shane my man!” Sebastian greeted lastly, throwing out a “whazuuup” gesture at him. Shane returned it and it made everyone chuckle, especially Emily.

50927931296_988d361c66_c.jpg

“Seriously, you had us all worried there for a while...it’s great to see you back on your feet.”
    “Thank you,” Shane sincerely expressed, then turned to address the group as a whole. “Thank you everyone. Really. This means a lot to me.”

So many smiles filled the room and Emily was the only one holding a hand to her heart, sniffing tears of inexpressible joy. This reunion was just how she imagined it and it couldn’t have been more perfect. Naturally, Shane’s heart reached out to her.
    “I wish to publicly express my deepest appreciation to the woman who selflessly helped me through it all...who gave me my life back,” he swallowed with emotion as he approached his love, taking her into his arms. Emily brightly smiled with rosy cheeks. The others watched them with intense curiosity, some knowing exactly what was going to happen.

50928058737_4eb0a710e1_c.jpg

“Thank you Emily, from the bottom of my heart,” he expressed, kissing her with all the love he carried in his soul for her. Emily kissed him back with just as much emotion and the whole group broke out into a resounding cheer.

“Wooooo!”

50927248413_9a0626e463_c.jpg

The sun was setting, bringing the chilled, Fall air with it.

Alex and Haley spent the last hour playing soccer, switching from kicker to goalie.

50928058762_b83bcfa413_c.jpg

50927931611_44eb101f95_c.jpg

Haley certainly preferred playing this sport over basketball and was having a lot more fun with it. Alex on the other hand, was too caught up in his thoughts to really notice. I’ve gotta refine my soccer skills so I can kick Maru’s butt later. He grinned while imagining it, then sighed. I still need to find a good book to read though if that’s gonna happen…Dangit! He still continued to pout at the idea, but at the same time the jock in him felt overjoyed at the opportunity to play one on one with an “egghead” and show her who’s the star athlete. It aroused him, but then again he always felt some kind of arousal knowing he was going to beat the other team and come out victorious. It was motivating enough to make him want to read, that’s for sure.

“Wanna call it a day?” he asked Haley, taking notice of her fatigue.
    “Yeah, it’s getting cold.”

50927248688_9609df5dd5_c.jpg

The two stepped onto the deck where their water bottles and phones were resting and took a big drink. Then their phones chimed in unison from a text notification. They shot a questionable look at each other as they placed their bottles down and checked their messages.

50927248698_59948648a0_c.jpg

It was a text from Sam to the both of them saying:

Shane’s finally come out of his room if you two wanna come over and say Hi. Haley, I guess he and your sister are a couple now…

“WHAT!?” Haley cried out with a hint of rage, making Alex flinch. He wasn’t sure what to say to that...and was a little afraid to say anything honestly.

Haley plunged her phone into her pocket and commanded, “C’mon Alex, we’re going back to your place,” and stormed off toward the car.
    Alex’s eyebrows shot up, not sure he wanted to witness what was about to transpire, but was super curious all the same. “Okaaay,” he uttered as he followed her.

50927931656_dac18733a5_c.jpg

Haley stormed through the front doors of the guy’s house, pushing them both open with the palms of her hands. Alex awkwardly followed behind her.

The abrupt entrance caught the attention of Sam and Sebastian, the only two in sight, who were playing a video game and turned their heads in that direction.

“Where’s Shane and my sister?” Haley asked the both of them.
    “In his bedroom,” Sebastian curiously answered, which fueled the rage in Haley’s eyes.
    “But Emily’s--” Sam was about to inform, but it was too late.
    Haley was already rapping on Shane’s door.

“Uh...come in?” Shane called.
    Haley didn’t hesitate in doing so. When she found only Shane present in the room and not Emily she sternly asked him, “Where’s my sister?”
    “She just went home,” he replied. “Went to find you actually.”
    Figures… “Well then,” she folded her arms. “I guess it’s just you and me then.”
    Shane arched an eyebrow at her. “Okaaay?”

50927248528_dd733dc5eb_c.jpg

Haley would never allow her fear of the man to show so she kept her distance, but her love for her sister fueled her strength.

“What’s this I hear about you and my sister hooking up?”
    Geez word gets around fast here too... “Yes, we’re together now,” he answered, feeling bad because he knew Emily wanted to inform her, but in this case.
    “Are you freaking serious!?”
    He blinked. “Yes I’m serious. Why wouldn’t I be?”
    “Because you’re a colossal je’rk!

50928058812_217ff2bef5_c.jpg

That might’ve hurt coming from someone else, but coming from Haley, not so much. In his mind she was the je’rk; another word actually. Keep it cool Shane...she is Emily’s sister after all.
    “You trying to take advantage of her!?”
    “No. Of course not.”
    “Because Emily can be a little too naïve in all her kindness towards everyone.”
    “And that’s a bad thing?”
    “Sometimes, YES!”
    “Haley, look,” he pinched at the bridge of his nose, trying to keep his composure. There was so much he was tempted to fire at her, to put her in her place, but that would do more harm than good. “I get why you’re upset okay, but I can assure you...I’m not that mean drunk anymore. I’m sober now, and always will be from here on out.”

50927931471_05e94fcf02_c.jpg

“Yeah right. That’s what they all say!”
    “Your sister saved me! I owe my life to her, and I would never--”
    “Save it! I don’t want to hear your lies!” She stepped closer to him with a fiercely pointed look. “Men like you are dangerous...and I forbid you to date her.”
    Shane suppressed a huff at her order. “I’m not going to stop seeing her. I love her.”
    “Pfft! Men like you only love two things: alcohol and sex. And I will not let you use my sister as a plaything to get off on!”
    “I’m not! I would never treat her with such disrespect! And for your information Emily is a grown woman who can take care of herself. She’s not as stu’pid and naïve as you think she is…”
    “Oh like you know her better than I do?”
    Shane eyeballed her with certainty. “I believe I do.”

50928058882_535ef06bb7_c.jpg

Haley almost slapped him in that moment, but the fear resurfaced enough to stop her just in time. She clenched her fists and puffed like a bull, continuing to stare him down.

“Just go home and talk to Emily,” Shane ordered now. “She’s waiting for you. She’ll tell you everything.”
    “Fine!” she surrendered, but not before lifting a finger to him and saying with glowering eyes, “But know this, if you ever hurt my sister in ANY way...I will hunt you down and make you suffer until the day you die. You got that?”

50927931506_61c0454254_c.jpg

He nodded. “I’d rather kill myself than hurt your sister...so you have nothing to worry about.”
    “Good.”

50927248618_f7be806523_c.jpg

She spun on her heel and swiftly left the room.

Back home, a verbal fight broke out between Haley and Emily in their bedroom…

50927931551_9425ae1cb8_c.jpg

50927931571_e4f25833c7_c.jpg

50927248083_202cac0faf_c.jpg

50927930931_0fdeb4b6d8_c.jpg

...but it eventually cooled down once Haley allowed Emily to talk about everything that happened during Shane’s recovery and express her deepest feelings.

50927248053_0773369480_c.jpg

50927930891_db576634a3_c.jpg

Haley went on to express her feelings as well and why she felt to approach Shane the way she did.

50927930836_d022aafda9_c.jpg

“I really do love you Emily. I’m sorry I’ve been so lousy at showing it. You know how Shane was...I was only trying to protect you...”

50927247998_354c88f48a_c.jpg

Emily understood and expressed her appreciation for her love and concern, but still gently rebuked her for the confrontation.

50928058242_5e9c4606c9_c.jpg

50928058192_8f63c059da_c.jpg

“And I fully expect you to apologize to Shane.”
    “...Okay.”

Apologies to each other were then given and they hugged.

50927247938_7bb346771a_c.jpg

The evening ended on a very good note, and the two sisters had grown closer to each other than ever before.

50927930756_6a94c77672_c.jpg

:blush:

@emorrill Woot! Update! Wonderful way to start the morning.
    Cute scenes with Leah and Elliott. They definitely seem to have it together and I'm sure could cope with any unexpected events since they seem to be a true team.
    Emily and Shane! :heart: Well, over on the blog it looks like they had an awesome time. :love: It sounds like they had an awesome time over here. :grin:
    First time huh, well glad it was so special for her and him. :heart:
    I think Shane has grown into the man he was supposed to be all along with her help. He will handle the meeting with the others graciously.
    I'm so glad that no one was snarky to him. Sweet Leah hugging him. :love:
    I actually think he and Harvey will be close friends now.
    Loved the picture of him and Sebastian! That was really great.
    I loved what he said about Emily. What an awesome declaration of his feelings for her.
    I had hoped to see Alex playing soccer with Maru. I guess he does need to read a book first. :grin:
    Lol, at Sam spilling the news to Haley.
    Sheesh, what is her problem except I already know she is a selfish brat.
    Why does she fear Shane? Must be one of the secrets that have not been revealed yet! :wink:
    She is really being ugly and it is none of her business anyway what her sister does or does not do. Emily is an adult. Which is more than I can say for Haley. Can you tell I don't like Haley? lol
    I think Shane handled it very well, not losing his cool and not disrespecting Emily by giving in to Haley's desire to fight and not backing away from his love for her. :heart:
    I'm glad the sisters fought and talked. I honestly don't think Haley was trying to protect her sister. She has some other issue going on. She doesn't know her sister as well as she thinks if she thinks Emily needs protection.
    I know Emily is to sweet to stay mad at her, but glad she still rebuked her for butting in.
    I want to see that apology! She's not going to mean it. :lol:

About Flickr. When the bot flags your pictures you can go in and unflag them. When you are in photostream click on the picture that is flagged and go down to where it says additional info and there is 'set safety level' and you can change that back to safe. You can change the flags as long as they have not locked your account which from what I've read they won't do unless you are putting up really nasty stuff. I have all my pictures marked as private and I have no clue why the bot would flag a picture that no one but me can see on the site, but it does occasionally flag Jamie's gorgeous nekkid chest. DUH!! It even flagged Mary in her lingerie. You sure couldn't see anything in her ghostly form! :lol: I think their bot needs some adjustment.
    edited February 2021
    @bekkasan *Squeee!* I was so excited to read your comments this morning. :mrgreen: They filled me with so much happy. :blush:
    The scene with Elliott and Leah I was a little ho-hum about writing compared to the other scenes, :lol: but I'm glad it turned out cute and there are of course reasons why I throw in any scene in my story. ;) They are indeed an adorable pair of gingers. :blush: I am actually super curious to see how their kids will look. :grin:
    Emily and Shane! :heart: Well, over on the blog it looks like they had an awesome time. :love:
    ^Hee hee! :mrgreen:
    Yeah, Emily was a virgin, at least that's the vibe I got from her character in the game so I rolled with it. (Shane rocked her world! :smirk::mrgreen: ) I think it was most likely Shane's first time doing it sober...
    I think Shane has grown into the man he was supposed to be all along with her help
    Yes! <3:star:<3
    I actually think he and Harvey will be close friends now.
    ^They will be. :)
    Hee hee, I like that you loved the "Shaka-Bra" between him and Sebastian. :blush: You know guys...they can't express anything deep in front of a crowd, they gotta be a little silly about it. ;)
    Yeah Shane's declaration in front of the group was truly the best way for them to announce their love. <3 (I can only imagine what would've happened in that moment if Haley was present. :flushed: Good thing she wasn't...it would've killed the feeling in the room. I also imagine that either Harvey or Elliott would've had to hold her back or say something to keep the peace. My imagination, I tell ya. ;) )
    Why does she fear Shane? Must be one of the secrets that have not been revealed yet! :wink:
    ^No secrets (although you've got me seriously thinking about adding one. :smirk: No joke.) she's just always feared him because he was the town drunk who was horribly mean and rude to everyone and most likely...would attack anyone who pis'sed him off. :neutral:
    She is really being ugly and it is none of her business anyway what her sister does or does not do. Emily is an adult. Which is more than I can say for Haley. Can you tell I don't like Haley? lol
    ^Yes, and I love it! :lol:
    I'm glad the sisters fought and talked. I honestly don't think Haley was trying to protect her sister. She has some other issue going on. She doesn't know her sister as well as she thinks if she thinks Emily needs protection.
    ^I can see how you'd feel that way, ;) but Haley truly does love her sister and desired to protect her from the biggest meanie in town because of that. To me, the love for a sibling runs deep, no matter what they've done or no matter how bad they butt heads. Haley and Emily have that relationship where, we can be horribly mean to each other, but if someone else is mean to my sister than...OH HECK NO! You know what I mean? ;) (That's kinda how it was with me and my little brother. :p ) Haley does have some good in her (if you can believe it. :p ) and I think she knows how wonderful her sister is and feels she deserves the best, though she'll never admit that. In her mind, Shane is not the best. He's terrible. But I think soon she will discover that he is not terrible and is exactly who Emily was meant to be with. :blush:
    But seriously though...you've got me thinking of possibly adding another reason as to why she was so rotten to Shane. :mrgreen:
    Thank you for those wonderful comments! <3 And a big thank you also for the tip on how to get the flag off my pictures on Flickr! :star: I mean my goodness... :grimace: You rock! :kissing_heart:

@emorrill Does Shane have a rep of being violent in the StarDew Valley game? I know he was argumentative with everyone in your story but I don't recall him being violent but that could just be me not remembering.
    I'll have to abide by your judgement on Haley but I still don't like her. :grin::lol: Since she is not my sister I don't have to like her. :wink:
    Glad to be of help both with Flickr and with Haley being such a snot to Shane if you decide to explore that. :heart:
    bekkasan wrote: »
    About Flickr. When the bot flags your pictures you can go in and unflag them. When you are in photostream click on the picture that is flagged and go down to where it says additional info and there is 'set safety level' and you can change that back to safe. You can change the flags as long as they have not locked your account which from what I've read they won't do unless you are putting up really nasty stuff. I have all my pictures marked as private and I have no clue why the bot would flag a picture that no one but me can see on the site, but it does occasionally flag Jamie's gorgeous nekkid chest. DUH!! It even flagged Mary in her lingerie. You sure couldn't see anything in her ghostly form! :lol: I think their bot needs some adjustment.

Really?!?!?! I've seen actual nudity on flickr (cough accidentally) and lingerie pics, so I'm surprised they would flag animated pics of the same. Oh well, you're right, bots are weird.
    I have pics of my sims in lingerie on my flickr as well, and have never had an issue.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    Lay off my Haley, she's just looking out for her sister in her own way. :D:D:D

I'm interested to know if Shane and Haley have issues in the Stardew Valley game too, or if this is just Emily's writing. :mrgreen:

Elliott and Leah are so cute, and sappy. Hehehe

So glad everyone else accepted Shane, I'm sure that would have set him off again if they did not.

I had forgotten that Haley and Emily are sisters. Which one is older? Is Emily's hair dyed, or is that just the way it is? Or wait, maybe its Haley who dyes her hair? hahaha

What's this drama with Alex thinking about Maru all the time? Come on man, you've got Haley. Enjoy it. (/jealous)
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I’m super way behind and wasn’t going to comment until I got caught up by just have to say... OMG Shane is Jaz’s father?! I don’t know if that’s canon or your creative brain but either way, what a great twist.
    edited February 2021
    @bekkasan I know I already answered your question in a text ;) but I'll answer it here too for everyone else.
    No, Shane is not violent in Stardew Valley, he's just really grumpy and rotten to everyone. :lol:
    Thinking about it, if he were the violent kind of drunk, I don't think Jas's parents would have entrusted their child to him.
    Since she is not my sister I don't have to like her. :wink:
    ^Ha ha! I feel the same. :lol: I was blessed to have 3 very wonderful sisters. <3
    I may just explore the idea...I thank you for creating the thought in my mind. :kissing_heart:

@KevinL5275
    Really?!?!?! I've seen actual nudity on flickr (cough accidentally) and lingerie pics, so I'm surprised they would flag animated pics of the same.
    ^Lol! :lol: You crack me up!
    I was surprised the bot "attacks" sim pictures as well, but this just proves to me that my sims look pretty darn realistic. :mrgreen: Hee hee!
    ----
    Yes, Haley is looking out for her sister in her own way. ;)
    I'm interested to know if Shane and Haley have issues in the Stardew Valley game too, or if this is just Emily's writing. :mrgreen:
    ^It's just my writing. From what I understand Haley and Shane stay FAR away from each other in Stardew Valley. (Then again Shane stays far away from everyone so... :lol: )
    Yep. Leah and Elliott are my sappy romantic couple for sure. :lol: There's always gotta be one right? :p
    So glad everyone else accepted Shane, I'm sure that would have set him off again if they did not.
    ^It would've put a hinderance on his recovery for sure... But with Emily in his life he would've been just fine had the others not really given him a second chance. But the others are all good people and I knew they would totally welcome him back with open arms. (Except for Haley. :lol: ) However she might surprise us later when it comes to Shane. ;)
    Emily is the older sibling. :) Haley and Emily both dye their hair in my mind. ;) Emily's more so because it's blue and that's a hard color to maintain (ask me how I know this. :p ). To me Haley is a natural blonde and she adds highlights into it. I imagine Emily being a brunette.
    What's this drama with Alex thinking about Maru all the time? Come on man, you've got Haley. Enjoy it. (/jealous)
    ^He still very much carries his deep affections for Haley, don't worry. ;) I think something about Maru impressed him though...more so than her knowing how to play a sport. :smirk:
    Thank you for the awesome comments. :blush:

@ZeeGee Hey lady! :smiley: So nice to see you pop in. <3
    (I watched your finale video last night after I posted this update and WOW! :open_mouth: Just wow!!! I will make comments on it after this. :kissing_heart: )
    OMG Shane is Jaz’s father?! I don’t know if that’s canon or your creative brain but either way, what a great twist.
    ^Shane is her Godfather. ;) Her parents died and they asked him to be her Godfather and caregiver should anything happen to them...
    I'm gonna link the chapter where Shane bears his life story to Emily at the Saloon in case you missed it. (When you see their Stardew Valley portraits that's the scene. ;) )
    https://emilyssims3stories.wordpress.com/pelican-town-to-sims-town/chapter-6/
    It's cannon. :) But I gave the story much more depth. :blush:
    Thank you. <3

Music time!

So this song came on the radio the other day and I couldn't help applying it to Shane's current thoughts as I began writing this chapter. :mrgreen: Hee hee! Y'all know me... :p It's not a band I ever listen to...or go for this style of music...but I sure was bopping to it in the kitchen! :lol:
    (The first verse, doesn't really fit, but the rest of it...spot on! I love the beat too! :star: ) This song is older than me. :p Enjoy!
    "No One Like You" - Scorpions
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfNR98ajB1U

Actually, this song by them is way more fitting. If you're interested. ;) (I just LOVE discovering new music!!! :star: )

"When You Came Into My Life"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WfD7nEoAWM

@KevinL5275 It's only been in the last few weeks that I've had a few pics put on restriction, so it may be something new they are doing. You would think the bot would recognize private status and animated pictures though.
    hehe, I don't go poking around looking at other pictures on Flickr. It's just storage bin for me. :grin: I've also learned not to google certain words too! :open_mouth:
    I can't help but diss Haley, she is such a brat! :lol:
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @emorrill Ok, off to the blog I go B) .
    I hope Leah's advice to Elliott is correct. I didn't know hardened clay can get soft again with fingers. There she goes, adding water. Makes sense to me.
    I like Leah comparing perfecting the pieces of art she creates to people changing.
    Elliott and Leah seem to be still thinking that the risk of pregnancy depends on how ofthen they woohoo... Risky thinking!
    Oh, I see Elliott has been giving it a thought. Good boy!
    Aww, Leah wants babies with him :blush: . It's a bit early though, so I hope it won't happen before they are back in Stardew Valley...
    Elliott is taking her words well. I hope it eased his mind, although I would still be a bit worried if i was him since it's so early in their relationship.
    I'm sure the little versions of them will look cute :blush: . Both parents are cute!
    Shane must feel really honored to find out that Emily chose him to be her first.
    Hehe, poor Clint! Shane might no be meeting him so often in the future though, since he's (hopefully) not going to be drinking anymore ;) .
    Aww, I really hope Emily ans Shane will stay together forever. And yes, those are some super beautiful screenshots of the two <3 . Romantic!
    ...I hope meeting the others will go well for Shane...
    Beginning of the very bright future sounds promising :) . I think you will keep them happy ever after. I'm glad - no more scares for that couple ;). I was too worried last time, lol.
    Leah is even hugging him :blush: . That's lovely! ...And even the doctor himself! Shane must feel really strange, but in a good way I guess. I wonder if he's going to apologize to Harvey... Maybe not right now, but later, privately.
    Hehe, was just going to ask what's a "what's up gesture" but I see it in the picture. Lol! Typical Sebastian! :D
    Where are Haley and Alex? Looking forward to their reaction.
    I think those words and that hug will tell the others that there is a bit more than friendship between Shane and Emily <3 .
    And then the kiss! :love: There it was. Now they know.
    Where were you Haley when your sister got that lovely, public kiss? I wonder if Emily ever told her she had feelings for Shane.
    Great picture of Alex catching the soccer ball!
    Hmm, Alex is thinking about Maru again. I wonder if there's going to be more to that :| .
    Haha, too funny Alex is ready to even read a book to get to beat Maru in soccer. Sounds funny for a bookworm ;) .
    Oh no, Haley heard the big news from Sam... Not a good way to find out! I hope she's ok with it even though she doesn't really like Shane, or at least didn't before...
    Ok, she is not taking it well... :s
    Looks like Haley has to talk to Shane before Emily then. This sounds worrying...
    Why is Haley afraid of Shane?
    She looks very convincing her arms crossed over her stomach.
    Ok Haley, this is NOT a good way to start. I'm glad Shane didn't take the "jerk" part too badly...
    This is not going well at all. I get it that Haley is worried about her sister - especially as she hasn't had serious boyfriends before - but the way she expresses herself is going to make Shane angry... :s
    I like their expressions when they are staring at each other (discussing who knows Emily better... Not a smart topic by the way!). Haley should just understand that she knows Emily in a different way and this might be something she should discuss with Emily and not with Shane.
    Looks like it didn't go any better between Haley and Emily either.
    I'm glad Haley cooled down though... And now it looks much better... I know Haley just acted out of worry, but she does owe an apology to Shane.
    edited February 2021
    @meerkattime Yay! I see so much text. I'm getting excited to read! :mrgreen:
    Hee hee. I like that you went to my Blog instead. ;)
    I was totally winging it with the clay thing. I don't know the first thing on how to mold - or make art - with it to be honest. :lol:
    Aww, Leah wants babies with him :blush: . It's a bit early though, so I hope it won't happen before they are back in Stardew Valley...
    ^Indeed. :smirk:
    It is early in their relationship, but if you think about it they've known each other for a few years so their relationship really isn't so new. ;)
    Shane must feel really honored to find out that Emily chose him to be her first.
    ^I thought so too. :blush: And I wanted to convey that in the scene, but I couldn't really figure out how to without straying too far away from the moment, if that makes any sense. But I think the readers were thinking the same without me having to convey it, as you expressed. ;)
    Hehe, poor Clint! Shane might no be meeting him so often in the future though, since he's (hopefully) not going to be drinking anymore ;) .
    ^Indeed. :star: And yes, poor Clint. :lol: I mean, he seems like a nice enough guy with a good and steady job, and could totally take care of Emily and I know would truly love her, but man...I just couldn't see him and Emily together. :confused: Unlike the feelings of many players of the game.
    Aww, I really hope Emily and Shane will stay together forever.
    ^Allow me to put your mind at ease...they will. <3 No more worries concerning them. :blush: I don't mind revealing that at all. ;)
    I wonder if he's going to apologize to Harvey... Maybe not right now, but later, privately.
    ^Oh he already apologized to Harvey, back at the end of Chapter 10. (You may have missed it, it's okay. :kissing_heart: My story is LONG! :lol: Here's a quick link to it for you. <3)
    https://emilyssims3stories.wordpress.com/pelican-town-to-sims-town/chapter-10/
    Hee hee, I figured it would be typical of Sebastian to throw out a Shaka-bra. :lol:
    Hmm, Alex is thinking about Maru again. I wonder if there's going to be more to that :| .
    ^I guess we'll see. Remember, he professed his love to Haley...and he totally meant it. :)
    That really wasn't the best way for Haley to find out about her sister and Shane was it? :neutral: To answer your question, No, Emily hadn't shared her feelings for Shane with Haley. One, because she knew Haley disliked him and had to figure out a careful way to break the news to her, and two, Haley never really gave her the chance to chat with her about it since she was always out with Alex and doing stuff with him...
    That's why once she and Shane hooked up, Emily felt it best to head right on over to the ladies house and inform Haley personally about it. She just never anticipated that Sam would say something about it in a text... (That stinker! :p But if you think about it, he probably assumed the sisters kept in touch often because...they're sisters.)
    Why is Haley afraid of Shane?
    ^Simply because he was the town drunk and was always so mean to people and she feared he was the type who'd get violent if anyone tic'ked him off in even the tiniest way. Like what she was doing in that moment. :lol:
    No worries, Haley means very little to Shane and nothing she says matters to him. :p
    I like their expressions when they are staring at each other (discussing who knows Emily better... Not a smart topic by the way!). Haley should just understand that she knows Emily in a different way and this might be something she should discuss with Emily and not with Shane.
    ^I agree. And it was a risky topic wasn't it? :flushed: I was seriously considering having Haley slap Shane in that moment, but because I mentioned that she felt a little scared being in his presence, I didn't think that would be wise of her to do, and she would know it. If she had, Shane would've taken a step back and told her to go talk to her sister like he did. He sure would've been tempted to hit her back, but that's never been the kind of guy he is in my mind. <3 Even when he was dead drunk...
    Haley very much owes an apology to Shane and we'll see how that goes. ;)@bekkasan put a thought in my head and I'm still debating on whether I want to add it into the story or not. So we'll see. :blush:
    Thank you so much for those fun and awesome comments! They filled me with tons of happy. :grin: I was totally reliving the scenes all over again reading them. <3 I'm so glad you enjoyed it so much that you had a lot to say about it. ;)

I think I still owe you a reply PM. Sorry I've been so slow with that. :kissing_heart:
    edited February 2021
    Safari closed my tabs and I lost my place so now I need to go back and find what page I was on. :open_mouth: But Harvey looks amazing without the mustache and I feel so sorry for Maru. I really wonder where you're going with this! Can't wait to see.
    Well I’m downright confused! I think Appaloosa has some kind of pheromones in the air! Haley and the doc? Don’t think so. He loves Penny. Alex and Maru? Hmmm maybe. Especially since Haley lied about loving him. Okay one more chapter til I’m caught up!
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Well I’m downright confused! I think Appaloosa has some kind of pheromones in the air! Haley and the doc? Don’t think so. He loves Penny. Alex and Maru? Hmmm maybe. Especially since Haley lied about loving him. Okay one more chapter til I’m caught up!

@ZeeGee So it would seem... :lol: (Saw your previous comment and loved it. :grin: )

Harvey and Haley would never happen. Haley was just ho'rny because it was nearing that time of the month for her. :p And really, who can resist drooling over Harvey looking like that!? :love:

You'll have to wait and see on the rest. :smirk:

Thank you for taking the time to read and catch up. :kissing_heart: I'm so glad you're enjoying it. :blush:

I'm actually writing more of the story right now, just stopped to take a break and catch up on the forum. :mrgreen: It filled me with happy to see another comment from you. <3
    edited February 2021
    Pelican Town to Sims Town
    Continuation of Chapter 12

During Haley and Emily’s quarrelling, Abigail slipped out the back door again and made her way to the Graveyard. She was still on a mission to get in touch with the Wizard Rasmodius and still lacked a very important ingredient for the spell. Her research turned up nothing and she was hoping the one person who was most familiar with Appaloosa and the countryside would have an answer for her. If she’d see her again.

50951675447_80ba8ce8f8_c.jpg

Perhaps it was fate, because as she turned toward the grand fountain her eyes immediately took hold of the pink, ghostly figure aimlessly floating about.

“Donna!” she called with a wave of her hand.

50951580631_98f160dbd9_c.jpg

It was rare indeed for Donna to hear someone call her name anymore. Her body turned and a smile lit up her face when she saw it was Abigail; the girl from another world. She approached her as quickly as her spirit would allow.

50951580646_fd88f01f4a_c.jpg

“Thank goodness you’re here!” Abigail expressed. “I was worried I’d never see you again!”
    “Miss Abigail,” Donna greeted, stopping before her. “It warmed my spirit to hear you calling my name. I too wondered if I’d ever see you again.”
    “I guess you were thinking the twelve of us would be back home by now huh?”
    “Not really…”
    “I know this sounds strange, but...I’m kinda glad we’re still here,” Abigail admitted, with a cheerful look in her eye.
    Any living person in Abigail’s life would not fully understand why she’d say that, but Donna knew. “Because here you can be your true self, unlike how it is back home.”
    “Exactly.”
    “Perhaps after this experience...all that will change.”
    “It is my greatest hope!”

50951580686_394c559158_c.jpg

The two smiled at each other for a short moment, until Donna asked, “What is it you desire of me Miss Abigail?”
    “You can just call me Abby.”
    Donna shot her a look saying she appreciated her kindness, but didn’t wish to repeat the question; like an annoyed teenager.
    It made Abigail chuckle. “I need your help finding something. A gemstone.”
    “Oh?”
    “I wish to communicate with the Wizard who sent us here, and I found a spell that opens up a communication channel between worlds.”
    “Is that so?”
    “Yes, but I lack the most essential ingredient. A luminorious gem. Do you happen to know where I might find one?” She silently prayed Donna’s answer wouldn’t be that they rested in areas outside the barrier.

50951675532_3d16d1c282_c.jpg

A knowing smile played across the ghost’s lips. “You needn’t look far. For one, maybe more, are here in this very cemetery.”
    “Seriously!?”

50951675562_6b10e6e99e_c.jpg

“In the Mausoleum,” she informed, gesturing with her head. “Deep in the catacombs.”
    Hearing that made Abigail gulp, losing her excitement. “Oh.” She may not generally fear the supernatural, but dark, creepy and musty, deteriorating catacombs holding the bones of the dead made her spine tingle.
    “It will be quite the search, but I feel you consider it well worth the effort.”
    Abigail nodded.
    “It is a purple gem, of an orchid hue. Do not confuse it with the rich, dark purple hue of tanzanite. I wish you well in your search.” Sensing Abigail’s nervousness she added, “I’d offer to find and fetch one for you, but as you know...I lack the substance to do so.”
    “That’s okay Donna. It’s very kind of you to offer,” she smiled then sighed, glancing behind herself at the Mausoleum. “I will brave the catacombs myself. Being able to chat with the Wizard is definitely worth it.” She turned back to face Donna. “My magic will guide and protect me if need be. Hopefully.”
    “Your powers have grown then?”
    “Yes. I’ve been practicing.”
    Donna nodded. “Then I wish you happy hunting.”

50951580756_af3730da6d_c.jpg

“Thanks!” Abigail expressed as she took the girl in for a hug. All she felt was cold air, and was practically hugging herself, but that was okay. Donna’s soul felt warmer than it had in years from her touch. “I knew you’d be just the one who could help me! I hope our paths cross again.”

50951675587_6dd631c8e4_c.jpg

“I hope so too,” Donna said as they broke their embrace. “And don’t ever wait for a reason to come and see me Abby. Come by and chat with me anytime. Your call will guide me here if I’m not already present.”
    Abigail smiled. “I will.”
    “Thank you for being my friend Abby...I never thought I’d find friendship ever again in the afterlife.”

50950875093_957ca5757a_c.jpg

Tears 🐸🐸🐸🐸 behind Abigail’s eyelids hearing those words from the heart. “Thank you for being my friend too Donna. I never thought I’d have a ghost for a friend.” She winked. “It’s like seriously the coolest thing in the world!”
    The two chuckled.

Once Abigail bid Donna farewell she ran over to the Mausoleum to begin her search. She had no idea how long it would take to find the gem and she only had until dawn to do it. Hopefully it doesn’t take me all night to find it! I wanna cast this spell!

50951580811_39549717d5_c.jpg

It only took the better part of two hours to find a luminorious gem. It was nestled among other valuables on a shelf in one of the crypts. Her curiosity prompted her to explore even deeper into the catacombs, seeing what other treasures or helpful ingredients she might find. At the end of one of the hallways, it led into another basement chamber. She gulped as she descended the stairs into the pitch black room, with only an orb of light floating just above the palm of her hand to lead the way.

When she reached the middle of the stairs she gasped in a startle as the torches on the walls ignited all by themselves, revealing a grand room that housed various magical items, books, and furniture. Her heart raced as she took a quick look around and soon her face lit up with a broad smile, realizing what she just discovered. A treasure trove of everything magic.

50951580831_09aeb0ed69_c.jpg

“Oh my holy stardew look at all this stuff!” she practically squealed as she promptly descended the rest of the steps.

Her feet stopped before a mirror on the wall, her eyes unavoidably gazing deeply into it and wondering.
    “Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?” she asked it with a little giggle. It sure would’ve been neat if the mirror replied to her, but it didn’t. “Drats! Oh well. That would be super cliché anyway.”

50950875163_815614d1be_c.jpg

She had a feeling the Wizard didn’t care for anything cliché.

Her eyes lit up like jewels as she approached a thick spell book resting on a stand supported by a stone pedestal with an oddly shaped cauldron sitting right next to it. Carefully, she flipped through the time worn pages, reading with her finger and whispering the various different spells, wondering if she was pronouncing some of the words correctly. It was fun. “There’s some GREAT stuff in here! I’ll have to come back and write down some of these spells, even make up some of these potions!” There were some pretty humorous ones.

50951580856_87e4be2a12_c.jpg

Speaking of potions, some rested on a table in the corner and there was plenty of shelf space next to it for more. “Hmm...Do I even want to know what the hell that thing is in that jar?” A squeamish chill rattled her entire body. She had no intention of ever finding out!

50950875203_078e186a4b_c.jpg

The next thing that caught her attention was an intricately stone carved coffin with lit candles resting upon it, nestled near a corner on the other side of the room. Upon closer inspection she got the feeling it wasn’t a coffin, but something else entirely. Something she’d only ever read about in books and never thought she’d see, let alone discover, with her own eyes. “Are there vampires in this world? Or were there? Was this a vampire’s lair? Interesting…

50950875188_7d445e31bf_c.jpg

Well one thing’s for sure, I’m never sleeping on this no matter how tired I get working down here!”

The last thing she approached was some kind of mechanical device that seemed so out of place in a room like this. It’s like steampunk, she thought, but what exactly is it?

Some kind of instinct prompted her to drop the luminorious gem into the mouth of the machine and she found herself greatly regretting doing so after hearing it fall in with a loud thump.

50951580896_3f5f56680b_c.jpg

That’s when the machine came to life. It started shaking like a generator, gears turning, and sparks flying. The teeth clenching sound of a rock being drilled into pierced Abigail’s eardrums. Normally she would’ve thrown her hands over her ears to drown out the painful noise, but she was too curiously mesmerized by what the machine was doing to move.

50950875243_d7f4e8c2d9_c.jpg

When the machine finished its purpose, the lid on the other end of it spun open to reveal a beautiful pile of luminorious gem dust. It sparkled like glitter in the faint light of the torches. Abigail’s smile lit up again. “SWEET!” To do the spell she was going to need to crush the gem into dust, like she did with the blue topaz, and this machine did all that hard work for her. “I sure wish I’d known this was around when I was crushing the blue topaz!” That had been a royal pain!

Did this just happen out of coincidence? She was beginning to think not.

Searching around, she found a leather pouch - among many - in a drawer below the empty shelves and scooped the gem dust into it. That’s when her eyes finally noticed the fire pit in the middle of the room, having been obscured by darkness that the torches on the wall couldn’t quite reach. Two chairs sat on either side of it. A fire pit was also needed for the spell and once again Abigail was beginning to believe that discovering this chamber was indeed fate. I’m going to converse with the Wizard tonight! she thought as her body giddily shook with excitement. She had all the ingredients and items right at her disposal. Okay Abby it’s time to focus now. Concentrate.

She pulled out a paper from her pocket, re-reading the directions for the spell and committing the incantation to memory again. Then she tucked it away and pulled out her wand, the anticipation and her heart’s desire fueling her magic and making it stronger. She waved the wand over the fire pit while reciting the spell just above a whisper, enchanting it to become her channel to the outside world.

50951580931_b647138ff2_c.jpg

She repeated the spell over and over again, her voice growing louder each time, making for darn sure the channel would be wide open enough for her voice to reach across the cosmos and into the Wizard’s ears.

50951675722_e87eeb9393_c.jpg

She had to say and do everything right, for one simple mistake would cause the spell to fail. And failure was not an option!

50951580966_4ebf41c10d_c.jpg

Sure she could just try again another time if she failed, but in her mind there wasn’t another time. She wanted to speak to the Wizard NOW! She was tired of all the looming, unanswered questions in her mind about her magical abilities, tired of all the headaches that came from casting magic, and was very tired of keeping her magical abilities secret from everyone she loved because she didn’t know what repercussions of revealing herself would bring. She wanted answers...she wanted guidance...and she wanted them now. Not to mention it’d be great to gain some more insight on why they were all sent to this world, if Rasmodius would even divulge a sliver of that to her.

Feeling the channel open, Abigail drew in a breath and went on to the next step; lighting the fire.

50951580986_d639f07490_c.jpg

“Alright,” she confidently said, cracking her knuckles. “Let’s do this!”

50950875313_97dbcab7b5_c.jpg

The final step was to sprinkle the blue topaz and luminorious gem dust into the fire, along with crushed basil leaves. Part of her wondered if the basil leaves were just for aroma and weren’t really necessary for the spell to work, but she wasn’t going to gamble on that.

50951580586_f2e2687d8d_c.jpg

The gem dust crackled in the fire creating numerous sparks like fireworks as the smoke, combined with the ashes from the basil leaves, rose up into the air and through the ceiling. The spell had been completed. Abigail stood for a moment with pride.

50951580566_e304cbfb8b_c.jpg

She sat herself down on one of the chairs and closed her eyes, breathing steadily, thinking of how to begin her conversation with the Wizard. It felt weird to do, but she thought if she likened it to uttering a prayer to God, that should make it feel a little less weird. And it did. God help me reach the Wizard...

“Rasmodius,” she called, then paused, thinking that perhaps she should be more specific as heaven knows who might be hearing her across the cosmos. “This call is to the Wizard Rasmodius, from Pelican Town in Stardew Valley. Rasmodius, it’s me...Abigail.” She gulped as a surge of emotion gripped at her throat. “I really hope you can hear me. I don’t even know if this will actually reach you…”

50951675387_0eef354748_c.jpg

Thousands of miles across a couple of galaxies, the Wizard Rasmodius stopped dead in his tracks from what he was doing. His brow furrowed, feeling an intense magical connection that was quite unfamiliar to him, but more than that...it was hearing his name. Then he heard it a second time.

50951675247_caf5e222be_c.jpg

His heart palpitated as he approached the cauldron, finding Abigail sitting by a fire. Her lips were moving and he could hear every word. His eyes widened with unsuspecting surprise. This wasn’t supposed to happen.

“I need your help,” Abigail went on. “I don’t know exactly why you sent us to this world, but I’m beginning to wonder, for me, if it was a way to help me grow in my magical abilities. Learn to embrace it more than be afraid of it. And I can’t thank you enough for that.” She smiled. “I’ve never felt more free in all my life being in this world, but,” she frowned, staring into the faraway wall. “I know that feeling won’t last forever. Because someday I’ll return home...right back to the life I didn’t always care for. A life where I felt like I didn’t belong. Where magic is forbidden and I always had to hide who I really was for fear of being cast out like you.” She huffed for a second. “I guess I’m still hiding here aren’t I?”

50951675332_9b01737231_c.jpg

She could hear water dripping from somewhere within the walls, reminding her of just how quiet and alone her life really felt.

“But I don’t want to hide anymore! My magical powers are growing. So much so that I am struggling to keep it concealed. It’s like, if I don’t use my powers in some way or another, for longer than a couple of days, it begins to fester and I have to release it or I get all...shaky. I don’t want it to explode at the wrong time. And not only that, I get these terrible headaches after casting any spell - which is super annoying - and I know there’s got to be a way to alleviate that I just...don’t have any idea.” She lowered her head, but then gazed up at the stony ceiling with longing. “But I know you know...and that’s why I’m reaching out to you. I’m desperate, Rasmodius. Speak to me. Teach me, guide me. I know you can…”

There was no response.

“Please,” she implored, tears prickling behind her eyes. “Half the time I don't exactly know what I'm doing with my magic and I don’t want to cause anything catastrophic...like I almost did that one time. You’re the only one who can help me. I can’t wait until we’re back home for me to become your student. There's so much I need to learn now! Please...help me!”

A minute passed, then two, and still she heard nothing. The Wizard’s silence felt like a dagger to the heart.

“Are you really not going to answer me?” she asked, trying to swallow the lump in her throat. Surely he wouldn’t be so heartless as to not respond to a plea like that. She shrugged. “Or maybe the spell didn’t work because I really don’t know what I’m doing as much as I think I do...”

50950874803_b1b226a116_c.jpg

The Wizard gripped the sides of the cauldron and leaned over it, expressing a painful sigh, but shook his head at it. He had to.

In a fit of anger and disappointment, Abigail found a nearby poker and stabbed at the fire with it, putting it out.

50951675287_3eca510db6_c.jpg

Then she ran up the stairs, through all the winding corridors of the catacombs, and burst out of the mausoleum, gasping for a breath of fresh air. Her chest rose and fell as she gazed up into the night sky, a tear escaping her eye.

50950874758_108fe8b8cd_c.jpg

I can’t give up, she told herself. I’ll find a way to reach him. I won’t stop until I do.

:)
    Post edited by emorrill on
    edited February 2021
    The Wizard gripped the sides of the cauldron and leaned over it, expressing a painful sigh, but shook his head at it. He had to.

What's this? The Wizard CAN hear her? Uh oh!

Abigail looks great as usual, I love her purple. :D

Edit: Did you add some more to this? Because when I first read it, the picture of the wizard and the extra text wasn't there, hence my question. :)
    Post edited by KevinL5275 on

@emorrill What a delight to read this chapter. You have embraced supernatural and you rocked it!
    The cemetery looks great and the night sky perfectly eerie to go with the pictures!
    Glad Donna was able to help her by telling her where to find the gem.
    Glad she found the gem and her explorations led her to a wonderful magical room!
    Awww, the mirror didn't work!
    I love her excitement for the things she found. Even the weird creepy thing in the glass jar!
    BTW, she looks beautiful in her outfit!
    Yeah, I don't blame her for not wanting to lie down on the vampire bed.
    Cool, she found a gem cutter!
    Cool pictures of her casting the spell!
    It's a bummer she reached him, doesn't know it, and the idjit didn't want to talk to her. I guess he is wanting her to learn things on her own.
    Well, perhaps as she explores the room and spells and books further she will find answers he is not willing to give.
    I think she is going to become strong and rely on herself. Perhaps that is what she needs to learn to be able to face her own world again.

edited February 2021
    OMG I was screaming at Shane ‘YOU I’DIOT DON’T MESS THIS UP!’ 💔 You broke my heart then mended it in the same post. A spark? Is there a baby on the way?! ❤️❤️❤️

And I love Alex and Maru. Or as the younguns would say ‘I ship them’. That’s me trying to be cool and not succeeding 😁

Oh I’m on the last page now. Fixin to be caught up 😊
    @KevinL5275
    What's this? The Wizard CAN hear her? Uh oh!
    ^Yep, he heard her. ;)
    Normally he just watches them all from the cauldron from time to time and there's no audio. :lol:
    Thank you. :) I love how great purple (and blue) looks on Abby as well.

No, I didn't add anything later. I included the Wizard pic when I first posted it. I think the forum has been having issues with showing some images lately. :confused: I did go in to edit the post though because it censored one of my words that really didn't need censoring so I had to fix that. :p

@bekkasan I love how much you loved this scene. :mrgreen:<3 Your comments made me smile brightly and the compliments along with it filled my heart with joy. Like this one:
    You have embraced supernatural and you rocked it!
    Thank you. :kissing_heart:
    Yeah that weird creepy worm thing in that jar...I just had Abby say what I was thinking when I first saw it! :lol:
    It's a bummer she reached him, doesn't know it, and the idjit didn't want to talk to her. I guess he is wanting her to learn things on her own.
    ^Hee hee, I always chuckle at the idjit word. :lol:
    You may have just figured out why the Wizard didn't respond to her. ;) 👍
    I really did liken this scene to times when we pray to God and ask for His help. He knows all, when we know so little, and while He always wants to help us, sometimes He is putting us through a learning experience and is thinking, "My child, now is not the time to answer your plea, but soon. I have great plans for you." <3 And most of the time we have to do our part to receive His blessings. Anyway. :blush:
    I'm really looking forward to writing the next part. :blush: Yours, and everyone else's, sweet comments and enjoyment of this story are what helps keep me going with it. {{{{Hugs}}}}

@ZeeGee
    OMG I was screaming at Shane ‘YOU I’DIOT DON’T MESS THIS UP!’ 💔 You broke my heart then mended it in the same post. A spark? Is there a baby on the way?! ❤️❤️❤️
    ^Hee hee. :mrgreen: Sorry about that...I had to get my readers wondering for a little bit. ;)
    No baby on the way. The spark is just something that happens when some of the couples have their first kiss. I wonder why? 🤔
    :smirk:
    Oh so you would 'ship' Alex and Maru eh? ;) Guess we'll see what happens there. (You crack me up. :lol: )
    Thanks for taking the time to read and catch up. It means a lot. <3 I'm glad you're enjoying it!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have another song I'd like to share (I know, I know. ;):p ) that I liken a little to Abby's current thoughts right now in the story; as well as her past feelings while living back at home in the game. It's another one that just popped into my head. There might be better songs out there to illustrate, but this is definitely a good one.
    It's a Linkin Park song and while there are only a select few of their songs I actually like, I gotta give credit where credit is due. Their song lyrics are deep...and I find myself relating to them sometimes because the lead singer too suffered with chronic depression. (May he rest in peace. <3 )

For those of you who don't care for their music, I will include the lyrics below for you to read.
    Enjoy. :)

Somewhere I Belong - Linkin Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9qKm6MLC1E

When this began
    I had nothing to say
    And I get lost in the nothingness inside of me
    (I was confused)
    And I let it all out to find
    That I'm not the only person with these things in mind

But all the vacancy the words revealed
    Is the only real thing that I've got left to feel
    (Nothing to lose)
    Just stuck, hollow and alone
    And the fault is my own, and the fault is my own

Chorus:
    I wanna heal, I wanna feel what I thought was never real
    I wanna let go of the pain I've felt so long
    (Erase all the pain 'til it's gone)
    I wanna heal, I wanna feel like I'm close to something real
    I wanna find something I've wanted all along
    Somewhere I belong

And I've got nothing to say
    I can't believe I didn't fall right down on my face
    (I was confused)
    Looking everywhere only to find
    That it's not the way I had imagined it all in my mind

What do I have but negativity
    'Cause I can't justify the way, everyone is looking at me
    (Nothing to lose)
    Nothing to gain, hollow and alone
    And the fault is my own, and the fault is my own

CHORUS

I will never know myself until I do this on my own
    And I will never feel anything else, until my wounds are healed
    I will never be anything 'til I break away from me
    I will break away, I'll find myself today.

I wanna find something I've wanted all along...

Somewhere I belong.
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @emorrill I hope Abigail will be able to contact Rasmodius.
    Good, the ghost lady is there! Promising start :) .
    No wonder Donna is so happy to see Abigail - I guess being a ghost must be quite lonely... ;)
    Poor Abigail - she should just try to tell the truth to the others and be herself with them too, but I can understand it scares her to do that. :/
    I hope Donna can help Abigail... There better be that kind of gems somewhere around...
    Now this is lucky! :smiley: Abigail must be excited!
    Wait, oh no, not the catacombs... :s
    Hugging a ghost must indeed feel a bit strange, but that was a nice gesture from Abigail.
    Aww, Donna considers Abbigail her friend. That's very sweet <3 . Maybe she'll be able to help Abigail in the future too.
    Hehe, I wonder what the word is that got censored - hard to believe it would be anything worth censoring.
    I wish Donna had joined Abigail when she goes to the mausoleum. I'm sure she would have been helpful company even though she lacks the substance to do anything physical :| .
    The mausoleum looks very impressive in the evening light.
    I love the room Abigail found from the catacomb. Has somebody been reading, practicing magic and spending time there, or did the wizard create it all for Abigail to explore?
    Now she even has a cauldron. It should make it easier to contact the wizard.
    Oh, so there has probably been a vampire living in there... Exciting! I wonder what happened to them.
    Oh no, don't waste the gym you need for your spell, Abigail :s ! What if that device destroys it?
    I see Abigail's gamble was succesful. Good! :blush:
    Looks like everything has been prepaired for Abigail to contact the Wizard. Is he actually waiting for her to do it?
    Awesome pictures of Abigail doing magic by the firepit :star: .
    C'mon Wizard, answer her...
    I love Abigail's pullover by the way. Perfect colors :love: - I'd wear one like that myself.
    ...And now the waiting game...
    Yay, it worked! He's hearing her :t.
    I see, he wasn't expecting it... I hope he decides to answer her anyway...
    That's a beautiful picture of Abigail where she's talking to Rasmodius with her eyes closed.
    ...And silence continues... :/ Why is he not replying to her? Does he think she needs to figure out everything on her own?
    Poor Abigail. She looks so sad.
    I see from your reply to Bekkasan that the Wizard really does want her to learn on her own for now. I guess some things just have to come at their time and not always the easiest way.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top