Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We Need Preteens + WRITE YOUR IDEAS!

Hiiii! I'm Epochism, a memer and Shrek liking person who also has a liking for the Sims who is new to these forums! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Nice to meet you! Let's get to the post now:

Okay, so I know there's probably many posts out there having to do with wanting preteens, but I see most people wanting toddlers.
Why toddlers? It already got announced that they wouldn't be added to this game, so just give it up XD

Some reasons why I think preteens should be added is because this is Sims 4. Sims 4 has basically nothing new from the other games, so why not make preteens the one huge improvement of this game? I don't care if it's an expansion pack, I'd definitely buy it.

Anyways, I'm making this post for you guys to be able to say why you want preteens + some ideas for them. Feel welcome to say why you don't want them also, I'm open to both sides of the argument ^-^

In the mean time, I'll list some things that I'd like to see if they add preteens + maybe some more reasons on why they should.
  • Make them have acne. That would be fun <3
  • Sleepovers! The sleepover could be avalible to have like a party, but overnight.
  • Braces :0 this one isn't a must, but it'd be cool.
  • puberty--okay, that probably wouldn't be allowed, but I CAN DREAM OKAY
  • new outfits! Or maybe just a mix of the child's clothing and teen clothing.
  • they could have CRUSHES 0-0 with that said though, you can pick what gender they are interested in. Actually, that should be an option for like, every age except for child...

More reasons why we should have preteens in because the teens that already are in the game are like young adults, or at least the teens that are aged at about 15-18. They could practically be in university. Anyways, what I'm saying is that the type of teens that exist already aren't the type that would be having sleepovers or getting acne, they are past that stage. They'd be thinking about school and homework. (At least most of them x3)

heres an age chart of what I thought the ages were and what ages could be for preteens:

Child: 5-11 (although I still have this thing where I think the children are way too short for thier age...whatever)
Preteen: 12-14
Teen: 15-18
Y/A: 19-30
Adult: 31-55
Elder: 56-DEATHHHH

But yeah, that's my idea of the ages.
Some people say they want gradual height growth, but I'm not in on that. I feel like they would be growing too fast, and it wouldn't be too 'gradual'. More like an inch a day. Imagine gradual height growth from a child to a teen-- that'd be like 3 inches a day depending on what lifespan you have your game at. NOT NORMAL.

Anyways, I'm hoping to get some responses on this. I'm also really excited that I joined these forums! I think I'm going to enjoy it! :D

Comments

• Options
    EpochismEpochism Posts: 411 Member
    Oh, i just got news that the creators of sims 4 didn't say that they would be no toddlers, so there might be. My bad xD
  • Options
    SnappiTheSimmerxxSnappiTheSimmerxx Posts: 180 Member
    edited August 2016
    Oh, i thought Y/A's were supposed to be 21-30? but ok. lol. and also, great ideeas! i love them! :)
    I would love to have pre-teens and toddlers in my game, baby to child and child to teen seems like a giant age-gap :/
    Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    I would really love more age group traits and mood lets like insecure or shy.
  • Options
    @SnappiTheSimmerxx yeah, idk I was just making a guess.

And @Yubell, those are some great ideas!!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @SnappiTheSimmerxx where I am YA's are 18-35. since preteens are 10-12. Teens are 13-17.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited August 2016
    I would like to have Preteens. It would be something new brought to the series (not counting TSFreeplay) and they will be some what of a replacement of the teens we have in the game. I know Preteens are from 10-12 but they can still have some of the traits that teens had in previous games. I just feel we don't have teens just YA with a few limitations. I am one of those who want toddlers but since they can't give an answer to whether they are coming or not, I think Preteens would be a nice addition.
  • Options
    AnnMariaAnnMaria Posts: 181 Member
    Epochism wrote: »
    Hiiii! I'm Epochism, a memer and Shrek liking person who also has a liking for the Sims who is new to these forums! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Nice to meet you! Let's get to the post now:

Okay, so I know there's probably many posts out there having to do with wanting preteens, but I see most people wanting toddlers.
    Why toddlers? It already got announced that they wouldn't be added to this game, so just give it up XD

Some reasons why I think preteens should be added is because this is Sims 4. Sims 4 has basically nothing new from the other games, so why not make preteens the one huge improvement of this game? I don't care if it's an expansion pack, I'd definitely buy it.

Anyways, I'm making this post for you guys to be able to say why you want preteens + some ideas for them. Feel welcome to say why you don't want them also, I'm open to both sides of the argument ^-^

In the mean time, I'll list some things that I'd like to see if they add preteens + maybe some more reasons on why they should.
    • Sleepovers! The sleepover could be avalible to have like a party, but overnight.
    • they could have CRUSHES 0-0 with that said though, you can pick what gender they are interested in. Actually, that should be an option for like, every age except for child...

More reasons why we should have preteens in because the teens that already are in the game are like young adults, or at least the teens that are aged at about 15-18. They could practically be in university. Anyways, what I'm saying is that the type of teens that exist already aren't the type that would be having sleepovers or getting acne, they are past that stage. They'd be thinking about school and homework. (At least most of them x3)

heres an age chart of what I thought the ages were and what ages could be for preteens:

Child: 5-11 (although I still have this thing where I think the children are way too short for thier age...whatever)

Some people say they want gradual height growth, but I'm not in on that. I feel like they would be growing too fast, and it wouldn't be too 'gradual'. More like an inch a day. Imagine gradual height growth from a child to a teen-- that'd be like 3 inches a day depending on what lifespan you have your game at. NOT NORMAL.

Anyways, I'm hoping to get some responses on this. I'm also really excited that I joined these forums! I think I'm going to enjoy it! :D

Yes I love this idea. I would love it if preteens can have body image issues. For an example: We see a preteen girl seeing a thin, busty, curvy woman wearing a bikini in a magazine. She might get a "feel bad about self" moodlet beacuase she is overweight and flat chested and might have this moodlet for a couple of days. She might refuse to eat and force herself to exercise on the treadmill to lose weight. A parent can have the option to pursue the girl to accept who she is and puberty is just doing its job. Same with boys except that the men will be big and super buff. Boys will force themselves to lift weights to look like a real man. That is something that would be great to add. This can work for teens as well.

Now if they do exercise to become like the adults in the magazine there can be some good and bad. Okay let's say before a transformation a preteen boy or girl stand in front of a mirror. They boy look scrawny with noodle arms and the girl looks fat. Then they work ou 24/7. Now after that workout we might see the transformation kicking in. Now the boy has larger biceps and a six pac and flexes or the girl posing with her new gorgeous feminine body. This is common for adolescents. Now they would fit into the world and have others admire they're appearnce. Possibly making other kids jealous.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    And lol nobody said toddlers weren't ever being added to the game. They can't say anything about them because they might lose their jobs.

I found a couple of outfits suitable for preteen girls.

can-stock-photo_csp15379210.jpg

stock_vector_vector_hand_drawn_collage_of_summer.jpg

can-stock-photo_csp14426357.jpg
    Post edited by AnnMaria on
  • Options
    AnnMaria wrote: »

Yes I love this idea. I would love it if preteens can have body image issues. For an example: We see a preteen girl seeing a thin, busty, curvy woman wearing a bikini in a magazine. She might get a "feel bad about self" moodlet beacuase she is overweight and flat chested and might have this moodlet for a couple of days. She might refuse to eat and force herself to exercise on the treadmill to lose weight. A parent can have the option to pursue the girl to accept who she is and puberty is just doing its job. Same with boys except that the men will be big and super buff. Boys will force themselves to lift weights to look like a real man. That is something that would be great to add. This can work for teens as well.

Now if they do exercise to become like the adults in the magazine there can be some good and bad. Okay let's say before a transformation a preteen boy or girl stand in front of a mirror. They boy look scrawny with noodle arms and the girl looks fat. Then they work ou 24/7. Now after that workout we might see the transformation kicking in. Now the boy has larger biceps and a six pac and flexes or the girl posing with her new gorgeous feminine body. This is common for adolescents. Now they would fit into the world and have others admire they're appearnce. Possibly making other kids jealous.

I LOVE ALL YOUR IDEAS, AGHHH!

I feel like for the girl preteens we should also be able to at least make thier body different from cas other than like the kids where you can't drag certain areas to be bigger.
    Like, for girls you can make them a little curvy, maybe adjust the bust size (but nothing too dramatic.)
    I would like to have Preteens. It would be something new brought to the series (not counting TSFreeplay) and they will be some what of a replacement of the teens we have in the game. I know Preteens are from 10-12 but they can still have some of the traits that teens had in previous games. I just feel we don't have teens just YA with a few limitations. I am one of those who want toddlers but since they can't give an answer to whether they are coming or not, I think Preteens would be a nice addition.

Also, when you said that preteens are aged 10-12 doesn't mean that they would just be 10-12 in the game. I think you could substitute preteens as ages 10-14, because truely, the teens that already exist in the game are too tall.
    Here's an image of what I think a preteen should look:

K6YT83K.jpg

See? They don't look too tall or too short, still live fairly old, yet still have a childish type face.

• Options
    For the picture I just posted, you can even make them a bit shorter. :)
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member

I feel like that could go... really wrong. It could teach kids that they have to not eat and be skinny to fit in and be pretty, and I don't think that that's a good message to tell? I have a friend w/ an eating disorder, and if in the game they were treating not eating as a good thing... I don't know what that would do to her, but it wouldn't be okay. I think that if they do do this, they need to make it clear that the teens are fine just the way they are. There should be a comfort option, and magazines w/ overweight/not perfect models for the kids to look at. But I wouldn't want them to reinforce the idea that the teens NEED to change to be accepted. And I don't think the teens not wanting to eat should be implemented, just cause that could really send the wrong message. That (personally) hits a little too close to home for me.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Kandy wrote: »

I feel like that could go... really wrong. It could teach kids that they have to not eat and be skinny to fit in and be pretty, and I don't think that that's a good message to tell? I have a friend w/ an eating disorder, and if in the game they were treating not eating as a good thing... I don't know what that would do to her, but it wouldn't be okay. I think that if they do do this, they need to make it clear that the teens are fine just the way they are. There should be a comfort option, and magazines w/ overweight/not perfect models for the kids to look at. But I wouldn't want them to reinforce the idea that the teens NEED to change to be accepted. And I don't think the teens not wanting to eat should be implemented, just cause that could really send the wrong message. That (personally) hits a little too close to home for me.

You know you are right. That isn't very good of me too come up with the whole body image issue idea. I thought it would be a realistic thing to add but we must remember the real world and people having real dieases or illness having to do with hunger. I feel bad for your friend with eating disorder. I hope everything can be sort out with the right medication. I can relate to this with a younger sister who claims she isn't hungry all the time. Sometimes we have to make her eat it it kind of worries me. She wasn't diagnosed with an eating issue. I also know another friend who hasn't eat a lot and lost a lot of weight but she's in her 60s. We should give people a positive message. Always eat and don't stop. Be proud of your appearance and be your own person.
    Post edited by AnnMaria on
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    Kandy wrote: »

You know you are right. That isn't very good of me too come up with the whole body image issue idea. I thought it would be a realistic thing to add but we must remember the real world and people having real dieases or illness having to do with hunger. I feel bad for your friend with eating disorder. I hope everything can be sort out with the right medication. I can relate to this with a younger sister who claims she isn't hungry all the time. Sometimes we have to make her eat it it kind of worries me. She wasn't diagnosed with an eating issue. We should give people a positive message. Always eat and don't stop. Be proud of your appearance and be your own person.

Don't beat yourself up too much :smile: I definitely get wanting to add realism to the game, and I know that for some people that could actually help, y'know? It just might be best to keep it out for the people it might not be so good for. Especially, like, as a teenager myself, I witness firsthand the pressure that's on us to have the perfect body/face/etc. Just today my friends persuaded me to not buy the shirt that I really wanted because it "wouldn't look good with my frame" (I thought the shirt looked fine but whatever). But yeah. I just think that that might possibly reinforce some bad ideas yknow?

I think it would be super cool though if a sim teen was having body issues, and they went to their friends or a parent and got reassured, or they saw themselves in the mirror looking all nice and got some sort of "I look great" moodlet. Something that would reassure the preteen/teen sim that they're beautiful, intelligent, etc. (or whatever else they're worried about).
  • Options

I LOVE ALL YOUR IDEAS, AGHHH!

I feel like for the girl preteens we should also be able to at least make thier body different from cas other than like the kids where you can't drag certain areas to be bigger.
    Like, for girls you can make them a little curvy, maybe adjust the bust size (but nothing too dramatic.)

Also, when you said that preteens are aged 10-12 doesn't mean that they would just be 10-12 in the game. I think you could substitute preteens as ages 10-14, because truely, the teens that already exist in the game are too tall.
    Here's an image of what I think a preteen should look:

K6YT83K.jpg

See? They don't look too tall or too short, still live fairly old, yet still have a childish type face.

Love that image! Best image ever! Thanks for liking my idea! I feel like preteens can represent the ages 10-14.

I like that you said preteens having a different CAS than children. I wouldn't mind breast size for girls and like you said, it isn't dramatically large like teens+. They would be still be slightly flat chested somehow. We definitely need to customize the girl's curve! They would still have a straight waist with a slight curve. Now this totally going to be realistic. Muscle sliders should be an option too. I seen some little gymnastics girls or boys with visible abs and even their arms were toned with muscle definition.

It would be funny to see a super lanky kid and a fat kid and they both get called losers lol. And their is this one kid who is always showing off his muscles to attract the ladies and this would be a truly hilarious story.
  • Options
    WillowG145WillowG145 Posts: 351 Member
    I would love preteens. The teens we have now are quite depressing. I had my sims try to flirt with some of them because I was sure they were young adults!

I'd prefer having the actual teen becaming the preteens the OP says, but I would not mind having both. But I still think the actual teens need more unique things, be it clothes, and expecially gameplay stuff.

Yet, if toddlers don't came back, I would not see these preteens anyway.
  • Options
    WillowG145 wrote: »
    I would love preteens. The teens we have now are quite depressing. I had my sims try to flirt with some of them because I was sure they were young adults!

I'd prefer having the actual teen becaming the preteens the OP says, but I would not mind having both. But I still think the actual teens need more unique things, be it clothes, and expecially gameplay stuff.

Yet, if toddlers don't came back, I would not see these preteens anyway.

I know it's hard to believe toddlers aren't coming back. I don't what's their issues right now but we'll hear something some hopefully.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Okay I made like a concept of preteen/young teenager girl bust size. I just combined a bunch of images lol.

This is based off of my knowledge. I was an early bloomer and I can remember being so tall with a woman's as a little girl.

16kwfmh.png

The reason why it's so blurry because I had to enlarge small images XD

(Now large breasts on preteens/tweens won't be like teen or over)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Capture.jpg

Height concept....(Argh horrible computer handwritting) 5'5 is estimated or approximate height
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    The idea of preteens certainly seems interesting. I'll admit to being a little skeptical since it seems like they would work a lot like teenagers but I'm interested in seeing the ideas you guys dream up that could make them a unique life stage if they're ever implemented. :)
  • Options
    Aesir26 wrote: »
    The idea of preteens certainly seems interesting. I'll admit to being a little skeptical since it seems like they would work a lot like teenagers but I'm interested in seeing the ideas you guys dream up that could make them a unique life stage if they're ever implemented. :)

They said it was possible! Even they were in a survey. Lol
  • Options

Okay I made like a concept of preteen/young teenager girl bust size. I just combined a bunch of images lol.

This is based off of my knowledge. I was an early bloomer and I can remember being so tall with a woman's as a little girl.

16kwfmh.png

YES, YES YESSS!!!
    sorry it's just you have so many great ideas!!!

Those model images are great.

16kwfmh.png

Yeah, the large breasts won't be there, lol x3
    With all these images and ideas you're providing, I'm actually getting really excited that there might be preteens eventually.
    We need too show the creators of sims this! XD (idk how tho)

These are some pics I found of more preteens:
    6xfxXNT.png
    In this one, you can actually see the height difference for a teen beside a preteen.

I33IwzD.png
    This shows all the life stages that could somehow be possible, toddler not included. Idk why.

VZShKPw.jpg
    This is a random image I found on the web; it's a teenager standing next to a preteen. See the difference?
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2016
    Oh, i thought Y/A's were supposed to be 21-30? but ok. lol. and also, great ideeas! i love them! :)
    I would love to have pre-teens and toddlers in my game, baby to child and child to teen seems like a giant age-gap :/

it really does vary

I thought child was 5-10, preteen 11-13, teen 14-18, young adult 18-29, adult 30-64, Elder 65+
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »

it really does vary

I thought child was 5-10, preteen 11-13, teen 14-18, young adult 18-29, adult 30-64, Elder 65+

Maybe, idk. I feel like the teens are too tall to be 14 or 15 though. It has been said that the sims are about 5'7, 5'8, or 5'9. Maybe the preteen life stage could be from 10-14 or 11-14.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Also, a little hint: the average height for a preteen is about 5'2-5'4, could be taller, could be shorter, but with how tall the sims in the game already are, I feel like the preteens would be either 5'4 or 5'5.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

it really does vary

Well, technically, in real life, a preteen is under the age of 13 (since 13 is already considered to be a teenager). What it varies is the age when a child is first considered to be a preteen. Some say it's 9 years old, others say 10 or even 11, so I'm not sure. But in TS4 we could have a mix of preteens and young teens, 11-14 years old would be ideal to me (since I really don't see the current teens in the game to be less than 16 anyway). They could be all about that transition of a kid going into adolescence, so basically that age that goes through a lot of changes, and rough but also fun moments, which could bring some challenge.

Here's what I would love to see with preteens/young teens:
    (I wrote this on another thread)

- Acne and mood swings.
    - Sneaking out.
    - Parents being able to ground them if they are caught outside of the house late, have bad grades, etc.
    - Secret house party (when parents are at work or another lot.)
    - First crush. If they are young teens, maybe have the first (innocent) kiss.
    - Write on a diary (it would be cute to see the preteen lying on the floor happily writing away.) Siblings could read each other's diaries in secret. If found out, the owner of the diary could get embarrassed or angry.
    - Trying on parents' makeup and clothes.
    - Sleepovers. Girls talking about their crushes and their favorite boyband.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top