Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing the Free Trial. Am I missing something? :(

Comments

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Actually, there's not really all that much to do in the game that doesn't focus around skill-building, collecting, and socializing. There's only a limited amount of exploring you can do, and let's face it, even going to the bar is boring since your Sim can't even buy a drink. In the Sims 3, I would challenge myself by buying an empty lot, using a money cheat to take away all my Sim's money and try to get her to earn money by wandering around town and picking fruits and vegetables and fishing, and selling the produce. I would make her walk everywhere until she earned enough money to buy a bicycle and she would then ride everywhere. This was with the base game, mind you.

I tried the same with the Sims 4, but with the limited world sizes, it's just not as much fun and not as interesting.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    ^TS2 is probably the best sim game of the series. It worked properly and it was a lot content. I wish they could combine TS3 and TS2. :'(

Have been wishing this for ages....
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    edited January 2015
    LaAbby wrote: »
    Im sure it will be more exciting to play down the road when they have more expansions added to it.. but of course.. you'll be paying an arm and a leg for them lol

When I think about the loading screens ... I cringe at that thought. They're one huge thing that really irks me when playing.

it was enough for me to uninstall the free trial.. granted they are not long but it was infuriating to see the nightclub next to the gym and to get a loading screen if you wanted to go to it

they are only going to get longer the more you play and the more expansions the game gets

• Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    baddazoner wrote: »
    LaAbby wrote: »
    Im sure it will be more exciting to play down the road when they have more expansions added to it.. but of course.. you'll be paying an arm and a leg for them lol

When I think about the loading screens ... I cringe at that thought. They're one huge thing that really irks me when playing.

it was enough for me to uninstall the free trial.. granted they are not long but it was infuriating to see the nightclub next to the gym and to get a loading screen if you wanted to go to it

they are only going to get longer the more you play and the more expansions the game gets

The image is already burned to my eyes ... I just have to close my eyes and there they are ...

Can't stand it, it's ridiculous. I'd rather have empty lots again with 2 or 3 people in them.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    > @SummersBuff said:
    > You are missing an actual game! I tried the game (more than once) and made my usual sims. CAS was so much fun, but when it came down to plating my sims I was bored. There wasn't anything for them to do. The game is missing the ability to allow players play in a world where they control the various amount of outcomes. It doesn't feel like a simulation game as much as it feels like a freeminum mobile app.

Oh man! I loved the way you explained that. There's so many boundaries that the player isn't left with many options. There's no room for creativity and personalization. This ranges from the fact we cant create new neighborhoods down to the sims themselves. With Sims 4 I'll look at my game, and someone elses and they're clones. Whereas with Sims 2 & Sims 3 ( even Sims 1) My game is personal to my liking and others are so different from mine. Try making a medieval hood in Sims 4 :/ Anyway, back on topic. You've pretty much hit it on the nail OP. Quite sad.
  • Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    Yes the best of each and every game would of been one epic sim game!
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    > @SummersBuff said:
    > You are missing an actual game! I tried the game (more than once) and made my usual sims. CAS was so much fun, but when it came down to plating my sims I was bored. There wasn't anything for them to do. The game is missing the ability to allow players play in a world where they control the various amount of outcomes. It doesn't feel like a simulation game as much as it feels like a freeminum mobile app.

Oh man! I loved the way you explained that. There's so many boundaries that the player isn't left with many options. There's no room for creativity and personalization. This ranges from the fact we cant create new neighborhoods down to the sims themselves. With Sims 4 I'll look at my game, and someone elses and they're clones. Whereas with Sims 2 & Sims 3 ( even Sims 1) My game is personal to my liking and others are so different from mine. Try making a medieval hood in Sims 4 :/ Anyway, back on topic. You've pretty much hit it on the nail OP. Quite sad.

And YES this! They literally sucked the creativity out of every corner of the game. Even the sims themselves start to look alike.
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    edited January 2015
    Hi, Pink! c0208.gif

I have only two words to describe Sims 4.................it's sucks! Save your money and play Sims 3.
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    dark5id3 wrote: »
    Hi, Pink! c0208.gif

I have only two words to describe Sims 4.................it's sucks! Save your money and play Sims 3.
    OMG! HEY!!!!! *tackle glomps* Will do. Don't have to tell me twice. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
  • Options
    Hi, Pink! c0208.gif

OMG! HEY!!!!! *tackle glomps* Will do. Don't have to tell me twice. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

t4614.gif I gave it 2 months and was bored to tears. Now it is a coaster for my drinks! lol

How have you been doing?
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Hi, Pink! c0208.gif

t4614.gif I gave it 2 months and was bored to tears. Now it is a coaster for my drinks! lol

How have you been doing?

ROFL! You lasted longer than me. I was bored after a hour. Then I switched sims and was still bored. :p

I've been ok. I've back and forth playing sims and the PS4 I got for X-mas. B) You?
  • Options
    Hi, Pink! c0208.gif

How have you been doing?

ROFL! You lasted longer than me. I was bored after a hour. Then I switched sims and was still bored. :p

I've been ok. I've back and forth playing sims and the PS4 I got for X-mas. B) You?

I'm doing good! I have a Skyrim addiction and haven't been playing sims, at all. I was bored right away with sims 4 but thought I would give it more of a chance but it just failed.

2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited January 2015
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    If EA thought the old timers weren't loving the game and maybe the trial people would love it...maybe now EA will get it through their heads this game is a joke and people don't like it.

We told you and you wouldn't listen.

The trial people told you...when will you listen?

Either they're convinced that it's a great game and it's just a bunch of metacritic script kiddies who are hating on EA spreading lies to turn off potential customers, or someone has convinced a higher up that that's the issue, rather than dealing with the actual issues in the game. It is odd, though; if the people who love the sims the most -- the ones who were the ones to pre-order and are on the forums giving their feedback -- are not in love with the game, why do they think that people who aren't in love with the genre would be more engaged?

• Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    ejoslin wrote: »
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    If EA thought the old timers weren't loving the game and maybe the trial people would love it...maybe now EA will get it through their heads this game is a joke and people don't like it.

We told you and you wouldn't listen.

The trial people told you...when will you listen?

Either they're convinced that it's a great game and it's just a bunch of metacritic script kiddies who are hating on EA spreading lies to turn off potential customers, or someone has convinced a higher up that that's the issue, rather than dealing with the actual issues in the game. It is odd, though; if the people who love the sims the most -- the ones who were the ones to pre-order and are on the forums giving their feedback -- are not in love with the game, why do they think that people who aren't in love with the genre would be more engaged?

Denial is a powerful force, especially when the truth of the situation would wound puffed up egos.

Related searches: narcissism, magical thinking, groupthink, delusion, hubris

Either they choose to listen and address the problem, or their own blindness will drive this franchise to ruin :(
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Denial is a powerful force, especially when the truth of the situation would wound puffed up egos.

Related searches: narcissism, magical thinking, groupthink, delusion, hubris

Either they choose to listen and address the problem, or their own blindness will drive this franchise to ruin :(

You guys have it all wrong. Releasing a broken game as a trial is sure to work. Just give it time.

Did I forget to mention cult mentality? Oops....

*leaves offerings at the great altar of EA*

Maybe if we were better worshippers, we would not be suffering the wrath of the studio!

Eta in all honesty I just don't know what to think about it because they're not giving us *anything* to go on. :( so I have to laugh, or I'll get frustrated...
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Maybe if we were better worshippers, we would not be suffering the wrath of the studio!

Nah. You're just not seeing the potential. ;)
    Eta in all honesty I just don't know what to think about it because they're not giving us *anything* to go on. :( so I have to laugh, or I'll get frustrated...

I'm at that point too.

Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options

Nah. You're just not seeing the potential. ;)

I think you're right lol, I'm really not. With ts3, man, I got that base game and had this feeling of awe... the game did feel more complete than 4, but I remember thinking "imagine what they could do with this!" And thinking about seasons, university, all that got added in ts2 and how excited I was to see how it would be worked into 3. And oh, the player-made creations - granted, it had its flaws, but most of the EPs were astonishing to me, because of how far they took the ideas, and how they all meshed together. Sure, not every EP added as much as I thought it could have, but others were absolutely amazing, and on balance, I'm still amazed with all of the potential that was *realized* in ts3.

I just plainly do not get that feeling with ts4. Every time I try to think about expansions, I get slapped in the face with the limitations, with what almost certainly won't be in them, and of all the things that were so vastly superior in ts2 and/or ts3. Basically, whenever I try to tell myself "but in the future we could have," I have to add, "but first they have to add/fix" - "we could have toddlers, but what's the use if the family play isn't fleshed out." That one works both ways, actually. I just do not see anything about ts4 that outweighs anything from ts2 or ts3... even potentially. I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong.

• Options
    KittyRIOTxxKittyRIOTxx Posts: 50 Member
    One thing I miss the most is the toddlers and their interactions, as silly as that sounds.. I think they should have kept that and added to it. I mean, the game is fun but it's sort of easy to get tired of it. =\ I'm not sure exactly what it's missing.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I think you're right lol, I'm really not. With ts3, man, I got that base game and had this feeling of awe... the game did feel more complete than 4, but I remember thinking "imagine what they could do with this!" And thinking about seasons, university, all that got added in ts2 and how excited I was to see how it would be worked into 3. And oh, the player-made creations - granted, it had its flaws, but most of the EPs were astonishing to me, because of how far they took the ideas, and how they all meshed together. Sure, not every EP added as much as I thought it could have, but others were absolutely amazing, and on balance, I'm still amazed with all of the potential that was *realized* in ts3.

I just plainly do not get that feeling with ts4. Every time I try to think about expansions, I get slapped in the face with the limitations, with what almost certainly won't be in them, and of all the things that were so vastly superior in ts2 and/or ts3. Basically, whenever I try to tell myself "but in the future we could have," I have to add, "but first they have to add/fix" - "we could have toddlers, but what's the use if the family play isn't fleshed out." That one works both ways, actually. I just do not see anything about ts4 that outweighs anything from ts2 or ts3... even potentially. I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong.

Tbh, I really don't know what potential this game has any more. This is the first game I've ever played where the devs have been actively removing features that were already in the base game at launch. I do not particularly care for this direction.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Tbh, I really don't know what potential this game has any more. This is the first game I've ever played where the devs have been actively removing features that were already in the base game at launch. I do not particularly care for this direction.

@kremesch73 - I haven't played the game since November and haven't patched since then. What did they remove that was in the basegame?
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options

Also they're not giving us any information about direction at all. It's five months in and we don't even know what the first EP will be... they've fixed some obscure bugs, with others still rampant... left some unable to play for months... dumbed down features, while totally missing the mark - we were complaining because we wanted fewer restrictions, as in, we wanted to choose between the linear gameplay and more open, sandboxy feel, where did we ask them to rehash the requirements? It still feels just as linear and the people who liked it as it was are now frustrated! What was gained? And then they add the grunge... which seems a bit over the top, like the rest of the game, but couldn't they have sent that time giving us more color options or giving us another dance? Or adding dishwashers??? I really have no idea where they're going with this. So far it seems totally disjointed. But for sure they are either not understanding or not listening to their players.
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    Preach it! The truth shall set you and future customers free!!
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    why did you pay for a free trial?