Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing the Free Trial. Am I missing something? :(

18910111214...Next

Comments

• Options
    LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member
    My feelings in one gif:

kL8fcEqLQzUm4.gif

• Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited January 2015
    LuckySky wrote: »
    My feelings in one gif:

kL8fcEqLQzUm4.gif

Are you talking about the game? I concur >:)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    ejoslin wrote: »
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I put my simself in a house. Got bored. I put two sims I remade from TS3 in a house. Still bored. I gave one a career. Bored. I let them chat and mingle at the community lots. Bored!

My question is do the sims have anything else to do other than sit in the house, go to the 5 or so community lots, and disappear into invisible rabbit holes for a career? I was lead to believe that they were more to careers with the promo pics, but I guess they were staged?

Even the emotions are all over the place and a lot like moodlets to me. I actually think the emotions are kind of confusing.

And no I'm not trying to be funny or rude. I'm being deadly serious, because I really see nothing new or different. How is TS4 an improvement or any different from what we have right now?

P.S. No I haven't tried babies yet. That's next on the list. I don't think it'll make much of a difference tho since they're objects. :\

Have you thrown a social event? You can do that with the phone. There are a variety of options. Have you tried to get your sim to fall in love and start a family? The children stage is very cute and entertaining. There are also 14 different skill objects such as the piano, woodworking bench, and the computer has a TON of stuff to do as there is both a video gaming and programming skill. I find that this game is not lacking any activities. I barely have scratched the surface of stuff and I have already put hundreds of hours into the game. :)

Actually, in your hundreds of hours, I think you've explored it all. I've played much too much as well, and you listed about what I found as well.

Ummm I get so transfixed on the sim to sims interactions and growing my generations that I haven't explored everything but I'm excited to get to it all. I feel that so many people are barely trying to explore everything with this game and it has me perplexed. I guess they are so appalled by the "missing features" that they don't see the "many present features"!!!

I agree. People will only read what they want to read, I guess because my posts with 20+ examples went unanswered. This game has pretty much been founded on skill building, so if you simply can't be bothered to play with most of the features, I don't see how you can complain. :p

I haven't seen your 20+ examples but I can give you my 20+ answers why it isn't all that much fun to me. Oh, I can complain since I have been playing EA Games for more than fifteen years. Not just The Sims. And my past experience with a 'life simulator' concept doesn't seem all that probable in this game. And before anyone wants to say yes, it is a life simulator, uh, no Rachel Franklin and Lucy Bradshaw said it wasn't. So, my complaining stems from exactly what they 'did say' which was it's not a life simulator; Well, it was sold as one, and built up on the reputation of being one since it has the 'number 4' in it's title. Therefore, I expected it to play like one. However, it leaves out quite a bit of a life simulator as the others had in the past, and I'm not even talking toddlers and cars. I speaking about what many, many people have pointed out that each animation is reused over and over for every interaction practically and or situation, let alone very little interaction other than if you make them interact, because if you don't all they will do is talk, for about 99% of the time instead of actually interacting, in motion.

Now, it's true if I had spent my time (yes I played the game for weeks) just collecting (I have others games for that) and or aspiration chores and or skilling and or career chores then it's fair to say I would never have noticed how canned the animations are, and or how redundant. Example one: All Sims sit to eat and pause and stop and look around and laugh as if some other Sim is beside them, this is the same animations for when they are eating together. That is only one example. I don't want to explain for the 500 thread my other 999 reasons.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.