Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing the Free Trial. Am I missing something? :(

ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
I put my simself in a house. Got bored. I put two sims I remade from TS3 in a house. Still bored. I gave one a career. Bored. I let them chat and mingle at the community lots. Bored!

My question is do the sims have anything else to do other than sit in the house, go to the 5 or so community lots, and disappear into invisible rabbit holes for a career? I was lead to believe that they were more to careers with the promo pics, but I guess they were staged?

Even the emotions are all over the place and a lot like moodlets to me. I actually think the emotions are kind of confusing.

And no I'm not trying to be funny or rude. I'm being deadly serious, because I really see nothing new or different. How is TS4 an improvement or any different from what we have right now?

P.S. No I haven't tried babies yet. That's next on the list. I don't think it'll make much of a difference tho since they're objects. :\
Post edited by ColorMePink on

Comments

• Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    Sadly, that is pretty much all you can do in The Sims 4, unless you're willingly to pay for the Outdoor Retreat game pack (after buying the base game, of course). Even then, it doesn't add much.
    tumblr_nfgpctZmlX1rjn473o2_500.gif
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
    Hi :)

Did you post your feedback to EA Here, also? They're asking for it from the people playing the free trial. :)

• Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited January 2015
    The game is very disappointing. The only thing you're missing is well, all the stuff that's missing to begin with. You've already played the highlights I'm afraid.

Edit: poor grammar
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    LadyLindaelLadyLindael Posts: 154 Member
    yeah i find it pretty boring myself, but after i force myself to play a couple hours, i seem to be able to enjoy it more. :D
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited January 2015
    I put my simself in a house

That's your problem right there :D

On a serious note: What did you do in the other sims games that was so much more exciting?
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Disappointment strikes yet again
  • Options
    @CowPlantForHire Figures. They held back things from TS3 for more $$$ and eps, but this time it's ridiculous. From the look of it I guess the game will be actually full of content by 2017 after 50 game packs.

@Rflong Hey. No I didn't. I got a lot hours left of playtime, but I might pop over there to give some needed feedback. :#

@JaciJadeJaciJade lol Wow that's sad if those are the highlights! 0_0

So many replies at once. Ahhhhh! :D

Yes I'm very glad I didn't buy this game. I was tempted, but I stood my ground. I am very sorry to those who actually spend their money. :(
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited January 2015
    @CowPlantForHire Figures. They held back things from TS3 for more $$$ and eps, but this time it's ridiculous. From the look of it I guess the game will be actually full of content by 2017 after 50 game packs.

@Rflong Hey. No I didn't. I got a lot hours left of playtime, but I might pop over there to give some needed feedback. :#

@JaciJadeJaciJade lol Wow that's sad if those are the highlights! 0_0

So many replies at once. Ahhhhh! :D

Yes I'm very glad I didn't buy this game. I was tempted, but I stood my ground. I am very sorry to those who actually spend their money. :(
    Your very lucky you didn't buy it! I wish I could get my money back, but sadly I can't... :'(
    He/Him
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I put my simself in a house

That's your problem right there :D

On a serious note: What did you do in the other sims games that was so much more exciting?
    I played with two other sims, because playing my simself even in TS3 is a bore sometimes.

In TS3 base game, I was actually overwhelmed when I first got it. The open world offer a lot more than what TS4 has, but yes it was lacking too. I'll admit that. I wasn't bored though.

I think the fact that TS4 offers nothing new is why it's boring to me and many others. At least TS3 gave us something we never had before like open worlds.

• Options
    Im sure it will be more exciting to play down the road when they have more expansions added to it.. but of course.. you'll be paying an arm and a leg for them lol
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Im sure it will be more exciting to play down the road when they have more expansions added to it.. but of course.. you'll be paying an arm and a leg for them lol

When I think about the loading screens ... I cringe at that thought. They're one huge thing that really irks me when playing.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I don't know if I can bring myself to buy game packs after game packs like I did with TS3. TBH I even hate graphics of TS4. It's so cartoony. I like silliness, but it's a bit too much. :sweat_smile:

I also feel like I shouldn't have to force myself to play to like it. Like I should be invested right from the get go. I even started looking at my phone while playing earlier.
  • Options
    > When I think about the loading screens ... I cringe at that thought. They're one huge thing that really irks me when playing.

yeah like sims 2.. omg i would leave and go and do something while i waited lol
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I played with two other sims, because playing my simself even in TS3 is a bore sometimes.

In TS3 base game, I was actually overwhelmed when I first got it. The open world offer a lot more than what TS4 has, but yes it was lacking too. I'll admit that. I wasn't bored though.

I think the fact that TS4 offers nothing new is why it's boring to me and many others. At least TS3 gave us something we never had before like open worlds.

I had the 'wows' with S2 base. It was such an amazing experience coming from S1. My first experience with S4 was more or less shock, surprise, and scrunchy faces, but it grew on me the more I played. Oddly, I'm back to S2 now. S4 has turned into nothing less than a bug-fest filled with empty promises from the devs. If they don't deliver soon, I'll be playing S2 for another 10 years, I suppose.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    ^TS2 is probably the best sim game of the series. It worked properly and it was a lot content. I wish they could combine TS3 and TS2. :'(
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    ^TS2 is probably the best sim game of the series. It worked properly and it was a lot content. I wish they could combine TS3 and TS2. :'(

I actually wish they'd combine all 4. S4 does have some advancements that I really enjoy. The new CAS and the Build Mode from S4, along with the open world and CASt from S3, and the S2 Sim personalities and animations with the ability to build and customize our entire worlds with the ability to add other towns to an existing one, with some of the charm like the cake dancers and classic movie stars from S1 would make a classic game.

Take the best of the best of the best from the games along with the powerful new style of Sims 4, and Sims 4 would have been what I wasted my funds on. Good sequels are just that: the best of the best of the previous installments with some wonderful differences while still encompassing the charm and heart of the series.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png