Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing the Free Trial. Am I missing something? :(

Comments

• Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    The game isn't boring to me and it runs well on my computer. Can't say that about the previous game.
    "The game isn't boring and runs well on my computer." - not really really much of a convincing statement that this game is awesome.

Who are they trying to convince? It is their opinion. I also think the game isn't boring, at all. It runs great on my computer too :)

EA is trying to convince intelligent customers.
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    It's been running fine on my computer too. So well that I just let it play itself while I went to chat on the forums. Lola's been on my other monitor taking care of herself, dancing and dinner and showers and work and all with no problems. And the only lag I've experienced is the one from my eyelids whenever I glance over at the game and catch my own little "sleepy from boredom" moodlet, so there's that too.
  • Options
    dark5id3 wrote: »
    Hi, Pink! c0208.gif

I have only two words to describe Sims 4.................it's sucks! Save your money and play Sims 3.
    OMG! HEY!!!!! *tackle glomps* Will do. Don't have to tell me twice. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

t4614.gif I gave it 2 months and was bored to tears. Now it is a coaster for my drinks! lol

How have you been doing?

ROFL! You lasted longer than me. I was bored after a hour. Then I switched sims and was still bored. :p

I've been ok. I've back and forth playing sims and the PS4 I got for X-mas. B) You?

I'm doing good! I have a Skyrim addiction and haven't been playing sims, at all. I was bored right away with sims 4 but thought I would give it more of a chance but it just failed.

I have gone back to Skyrim too. Love it!

Ditto! Skyrim ftw :)
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited January 2015
    The game isn't boring to me and it runs well on my computer. Can't say that about the previous game.
    "The game isn't boring and runs well on my computer." - not really really much of a convincing statement that this game is awesome.

Who are they trying to convince? It is their opinion. I also think the game isn't boring, at all. It runs great on my computer too :)

They said it runs good on their computer. What does that have to do with EA convincing anyone? It's not like EA made a big poster that says "The game isn't boring! We promise!", it's just one simmer's opinion of the game lol

but yay, Skyrim B)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member

They said it runs good on their computer. What does that have to do with EA convincing anyone?

It's not an endorsement of the quality of the game play. Solitaire works smoothly on my computer. So does mine sweeper. Not much depth of play though.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options

They said it runs good on their computer. What does that have to do with EA convincing anyone?

It's not an endorsement of the quality of the game play. Solitaire works smoothly on my computer. So does mine sweeper. Not much depth of play though.

I went back and read all the posts in this thread and I'm still not understanding how any of that ^ has to do with IgnitedTobi's opinion of the game.We aren't talking about how EA endorses the game, it's a matter of how you feel about it. Its like someone posting a thread and saying "I just bought this game and I really don't like it, it runs terribly on my computer, etc..." and someone else replying to it, saying "well, it runs good on my computer and I don't really think its boring either" ... That doesn't have a thing to do with EA convincing customers of anything.

If I am missing something please fill me in, I'm just confused how what @IgnitedTobi1 said could be construed as anything other than an opinion.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options

They said it runs good on their computer. What does that have to do with EA convincing anyone? It's not like EA made a big poster that says "The game isn't boring! We promise!", it's just one simmer's opinion of the game lol

but yay, Skyrim B)
    Just because a game runs smoothly on a computer doesn't mean it's a good game.... and this is why EA can sell these types of games because people say if it runs well on my computer and isn't boring then it's a win!.... uhhhh NO!.
  • Options
    s2ladolcevitas2ladolcevita Posts: 341 Member
    I spend more time on these forums than I do actually playing the game. That is not a good sign.
  • Options

but yay, Skyrim B)
    Just because a game runs smoothly on a computer doesn't mean it's a good game.... and this is why EA can sell these types of games because people say if it runs well on my computer and isn't boring then it's a win!.... uhhhh NO!.

I would think that decision would ultimately fall on the customer themselves. I can go around posting "I love it best game ever runs so great!!!" on every thread, doesn't mean I'm making people buy it or promoting EA lol. If they choose to buy it because of what one poster on a forum says, then quite frankly that is their problem if they don't like it.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Ottie24Ottie24 Posts: 47 Member
    I haven't touched my game since November as I got bored after a few weeks of playing, I miss playing the sims 2 as I loved doing rotational play and I'm not sure if its possible with the sims 4. I haven't even tried out the pools or the new careers.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

but yay, Skyrim B)

I would think that decision would ultimately fall on the customer themselves. I can go around posting "I love it best game ever runs so great!!!" on every thread, doesn't mean I'm making people buy it or promoting EA lol. If they choose to buy it because of what one poster on a forum says, then quite frankly that is their problem if they don't like it.

I would suggest no one makes a decision to purchase by reading what strangers on a forum say. However they will listen to friends they know through the community, friends and family in real life and this is where EA needs to pay attention and change course. Having dissatisfied customers sharing this in the wider community will affect their bottom line-as will boycotts customers may start because of the way its been handled. Many simmers are parents-they may find this affects them for years if parent refuse to support EA through their kids gaming purchases too. It does happen-that's why so many companies have great customer service because it mitigates disappointment-if people feel they have been heard and that steps are being taken to rectify the situation then they will talk of the great way its being handled-not the situation that caused it. I've no idea why they havent understood that yet...
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2015
    Well you can search for the hidden lots. You can check out the little hoods areas as they are partly open as long as you don't want to go into any building. Build mode and CAS are all new and much better than previous games. There are bars in the base game - something we have never had before and a new comedian career. We did get some new careers in December but unless they included all the patches in the free trial not sure you get to try them. It was just two more careers. But we do have all the careers shown in the promos etc - they are not staged.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    edited January 2015
    I don't know if it's the bad camera controls, the style / look of the game, or what, but it's just so...boring. There's so little to do. I could entertain myself for hours in TS2/TS3 just raising a family and doing things inside the house without ever leaving the lot. That was in the base game, too.

In this iteration, I feel like I have to struggle to do things that were easy in the other games. I just tried playing and quit after 20 minutes because I was bored, the controls were clunky, and there was just nothing to do but go to the park and play chess or collect things. I don't play a Sims game to collect things - maybe some people do, but I don't.
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited January 2015
    lyra wrote: »
    I don't know if it's the bad camera controls, the style / look of the game, or what, but it's just so...boring. There's so little to do. I could entertain myself for hours in TS2/TS3 just raising a family and doing things inside the house without ever leaving the lot. That was in the base game, too.

In this iteration, I feel like I have to struggle to do things that were easy in the other games. I just tried playing and quit after 20 minutes because I was bored, the controls were clunky, and there was just nothing to do but go to the park and play chess or collect things. I don't play a Sims game to collect things - maybe some people do, but I don't.

I can't stop talking about those camera controls. I hate them. They are the worst controls in any game I've played in a decade. Out of everything that I imagined myself disliking (no toddlers, no terrain tools, no npcs, ect), I never would've thought that I'd walk away so annoyed with the camera controls. I haven't touched my game in literally an hour (it's still running, Lola is still fine) because of those controls. Imo, it's the worst part of the entire game and I can barely even play because it's so frustrating. They had to have been designed by someone that hates humanity and wants to drive simmers insane.

/vent

Edited to add: I don't even want to try building with these camera controls. I don't care how intuitive and fancy the building stuff is, I won't ever find out because the idea of trying to swing around to the backside of a house gives me a rage on.
  • Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    Seamoan wrote: »

I can't stop talking about those camera controls. I hate them. They are the worst controls in any game I've played in a decade. Out of everything that I imagined myself disliking (no toddlers, no terrain tools, no npcs, ect), I never would've thought that I'd walk away so annoyed with the camera controls. I haven't touched my game in literally an hour (it's still running, Lola is still fine) because of those controls. Imo, it's the worst part of the entire game and I can barely even play because it's so frustrating. They had to have been designed by someone that hates humanity and wants to drive simmers insane.

/vent

Yes! I thought it was just me for awhile, or maybe my computer's mouse was acting up? But no, I don't think so. It's so hard to just even look at things. It's so much harder to do everything. It really takes away from the game.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I put my simself in a house. Got bored. I put two sims I remade from TS3 in a house. Still bored. I gave one a career. Bored. I let them chat and mingle at the community lots. Bored!

My question is do the sims have anything else to do other than sit in the house, go to the 5 or so community lots, and disappear into invisible rabbit holes for a career? I was lead to believe that they were more to careers with the promo pics, but I guess they were staged?

Even the emotions are all over the place and a lot like moodlets to me. I actually think the emotions are kind of confusing.

And no I'm not trying to be funny or rude. I'm being deadly serious, because I really see nothing new or different. How is TS4 an improvement or any different from what we have right now?

P.S. No I haven't tried babies yet. That's next on the list. I don't think it'll make much of a difference tho since they're objects. :\

I think the point of the game unlike others is to actually try to fill the aspirations which will give those who don't like life simulator a lot of rigid, scripted goals to keep their Sims busy. I honestly believe that is the point of this game. Also, the careers are so scripted I think that is what you are supposed to be doing in these games. Right down to the emotions are scripted, too. You must have this or that emotion in order to do anything in the game if you want to gain something. If that makes sense, no matter what it is you want to change or gain (like a relationship like in past games) they would prefer you use the emotions to gain a masterpiece, a relationship, a friend, whatever, etc.

Even down to the mood of the kids when they go to school, in a particular mood. In past games yes, being in a good mood (the meter) was a good idea, but Sims still went, but this time you are supposed to wield all this to your advantage with emotional moodlets.

Yes, there are things you can do outside of getting a career however, even those are so scripted and emotionally charged it seems to be it is an RPG with the Sims name on it, just as much as The Sims Medieval was an RPG. Now, If I have failed to actually realize their vision they are welcome to enlighten me. Because even the collecting is for the player and not the Sim but used to influence the Sim's mood, but really how many playful statues does a Sim need? lol

I think you are spot on with the "vision" they had for this game. It's all about manipulating your sims' emotions, skilling, and completing tasks in order to achieve goals. It's not in any way what I would call a sandbox life simulation game, where the player gets to decide the goals of their sims.

As far as I can tell, some players seem to be able to ignore all this scripted play but it's hard for me to see how that works very well. When I didn't make my sim kid do skilling after school I started getting some vaguely threatening text messages about his performance. So all my family did all day was grind for jobs and school then grind some more with tasks and skilling. This was not fun for me at all. I also didn't enjoy the crib baby object or the kids growing up into what looked like a young adult (he actually looked older than his Dad). A couple of days ago I downloaded a sim from the gallery and cheated him up some money. He just goes around collecting and meeting people. This was an improvement over the jobs system which I really don't like at all, and it's allowing me to observe more sim interactions and explore the tiny worlds but it's not going to be long before this becomes pretty boring also.

To those who say they like this game: it's a lot more helpful if you could mention how you play and what you like about the game. Just saying "I like the game" doesn't help me understand why you like it at all. We all play differently but it's very difficult for some of us to understand why you enjoy the game if we don't have more info than that. And I don't mean stuff like 'I never liked the toddlers anyway'. 'Cause that's not helpful at all. LOL
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    [
    Seamoan wrote: »
    lyra wrote: »

/vent

Edited to add: I don't even want to try building with these camera controls. I don't care how intuitive and fancy the building stuff is, I won't ever find out because the idea of trying to swing around to the backside of a house gives me a rage on.
    OMG the camera makes me want to rage too! It's awful! I thought it was just me. It really takes the fun out looking around and following my sim. I don't even have a desire to build with such controls.

And nope it's not my mouse. I just brought this mouse a few months ago. :p

• Options
    edited January 2015
    @crazycatldy @Darkling @Darkslayer OMG hi guys!!!! :D

I hate calling the game boring, but it's boring to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I know there was something in every game in sim series that pulled me into playing.

Sims 2- 3D for the first time and loads of stuff!
    Sims 3- Better 3D graphics and a open world
    Sims 4- Dull cartoon graphics and emotions that are a lot like moodlets, and it works smoother...for some

If you notice Sims 4 has nothing that sets it apart from its predecessors. There's nothing revolutionary about it. Its the same thing over again wrapped in a new cartoony wrapping paper and in a hollow empty box.
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    edited January 2015

but yay, Skyrim B)

It runs pretty poorly on my gaming PC and that's with 16GB RAM, a GTX 780 and a 3.2GHz i5 processor at its disposable. Got the most recent 'The Sims 4 has stopped working crash' recorded on video because it happened on the day I was screen capping for my video. My Should You Play The Sims 4 video is entering scripting tonight and should be put together tomorrow for release on Wednesday and I have quite a bit of ammunition against this game. Recorded multiple counts of Sims clipping through objects (Sims and even a barrier at the park! So much for smarter Sims), bugs (conversation remaining active when the Sim wasn't even there, actions auto-cancelling and the Sim being teleported a few feet away), the extended legs bug and then after playing for an hour...BAM! Crashed to desktop

EDIT: And Inquisitr has come out with people are slamming the Sims 4 48 hour trial. There might be more if I search the footage. Shame I didn't recorded how it behaved on my laptop when no save would load (but that could have been caused by editing Sims in CAS who were in a save game and deleting one of them and replacing them with a new Sim)
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    I wish it wasn't boring.... moreover I wish those loading screens weren't so migraine inducing.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member

I hate calling the game boring, but it's boring to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I know there was something in every game in sim series that pulled me into playing.

Sims 4- Dull cartoon graphics and emotions that are a lot like moodlets, and it works smoother...for some

If you notice Sims 4 has nothing that sets it apart from its predecessors. There's nothing revolutionary about it. Its the same thing over again wrapped in a new cartoony wrapping paper and in a hollow empty box.

It has emotions. :s
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    To those who say they like this game: it's a lot more helpful if you could mention how you play and what you like about the game. Just saying "I like the game" doesn't help me understand why you like it at all. We all play differently but it's very difficult for some of us to understand why you enjoy the game if we don't have more info than that. And I don't mean stuff like 'I never liked the toddlers anyway'. 'Cause that's not helpful at all. LOL

I have an entire thread based on my gameplay. It was how I enjoyed playing the game before the December patch.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    edited January 2015

It has emotions. :s
    :astonished::# ROFL!

If I was a TS4 sim right now I would of went from mad to sad to mad again all in one min of typing this.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited January 2015
    I put my simself in a house. Got bored. I put two sims I remade from TS3 in a house. Still bored. I gave one a career. Bored. I let them chat and mingle at the community lots. Bored!

My question is do the sims have anything else to do other than sit in the house, go to the 5 or so community lots, and disappear into invisible rabbit holes for a career? I was lead to believe that they were more to careers with the promo pics, but I guess they were staged?

Even the emotions are all over the place and a lot like moodlets to me. I actually think the emotions are kind of confusing.

And no I'm not trying to be funny or rude. I'm being deadly serious, because I really see nothing new or different. How is TS4 an improvement or any different from what we have right now?

P.S. No I haven't tried babies yet. That's next on the list. I don't think it'll make much of a difference tho since they're objects. :\

Have you thrown a social event? You can do that with the phone. There are a variety of options. Have you tried to get your sim to fall in love and start a family? The children stage is very cute and entertaining. There are also 14 different skill objects such as the piano, woodworking bench, and the computer has a TON of stuff to do as there is both a video gaming and programming skill. I find that this game is not lacking any activities. I barely have scratched the surface of stuff and I have already put hundreds of hours into the game. :)
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    There are also new interactions that unlock as you get further into careers and skills. I had my secret spy sim have a fight with someone and learn they were a "super villain" You can explore the public areas around lots and find a ton of different collectibles. Even the children have their own special skills. I have to wonder if I am playing the same game when I hear people say there is nothing to do on Sims 4!!