The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

People are upset this game focused on Sims

Comments

• Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Diedrupo wrote: »
    dark5id3 wrote: »
    Open world made a more immersive experience for your SIM.

CASt made it possible for your SIM to look exactly how you wanted him/her to look.

Pools were for SIMS to swim in and gain athletic skill and throw parties that other SIMS attended to socialize.

And yet none of these features being missing detracts from the fun of the game. Something you might actually realize if you actually played it!

Yeah some of us have played it and for me, some of the missing features DOES detract from the game.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member

CASt made it possible for your SIM to look exactly how you wanted him/her to look.

Pools were for SIMS to swim in and gain athletic skill and throw parties that other SIMS attended to socialize.

And yet none of these features being missing detracts from the fun of the game. Something you might actually realize if you actually played it!

Who the plum are you talking to? I've been playing this game since the day it came out! And those features do detract from the game for me! You are entitled to your opinion but leave my opinion alone!

2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    DiedrupoDiedrupo Posts: 206 Member
    edited September 2014
    PmlTry wrote: »

And yet none of these features being missing detracts from the fun of the game...

For you. For many of us, it would.

Are you seriously suggesting I blow over fifty bucks on a game that doesn't look like it would appeal to me?

I'm suggesting you stop being a whiny manbaby. No one cares that you don't want to play the game nor does anyone care that you want to complain about it every hour of the day.

If you actually *gasp* gave the game a chance like many people who had reservations did (myself included), you'd find that it's still fun and you are overblowing the list of missing features.

If you're still clinging to something as stupid as the lack of create-a-style, then your priorities in playing the sims in the first place were severely misplaced and you won't be missed as a customer.
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    MapiyaSims wrote: »
    Well, if it makes you feel better Joe, I will be getting the game when the price drops to 30 bucks. That's what I feel it's worth. For the record, I have played the game. ;)

Good. Good. Another commiss.... Err Nevermind.
  • Options
    TeladisTeladis Posts: 82 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    One word: Olympus

Also, just look at Sims4; it looks and feels like a hybrid game...a bit of console, a bit of pc

I try not to judge things like that, I mean it might be true might not. Unless we know the facts, its best not to guess on it.

They could have used this style of graphics to make less load right? I mean it could be any thing.
  • Options
    xjordansimmerxxjordansimmerx Posts: 31 Member
    If there were to be a sims 5 then I hope for them to add the gameplay from sims 2, aspects of sims 3, stuff from sims 1, and emotions from sims 4 with realistic graphics and then it'll be a dream come true. I will be waiting day 1 to buy that game in an instant.
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    I'm actually just really upset I can't have my sims explore their world or take a jog somewhere or see what's going on with other sims.

I don't like feeling restricted.

Other than that, I'd be more willing to give this game a try. I could live without pools for now and CASt...but entrapping my sims in a small neighborhood....I'm having a rough time getting over that.

And I'll miss ghosts :(
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    That makes no sense.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    If there were to be a sims 5 then I hope for them to add the gameplay from sims 2, aspects of sims 3, stuff from sims 1, and emotions from sims 4 with realistic graphics and then it'll be a dream come true. I will be waiting day 1 to buy that game in an instant.

Everything you said minus the realistic graphics, I like the cartoon look!
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member

And yet none of these features being missing detracts from the fun of the game...

Are you seriously suggesting I blow over fifty bucks on a game that doesn't look like it would appeal to me?

I'm suggesting you stop being a whiny manbaby. No one cares that you don't want to play the game nor does anyone care that you want to complain about it every hour of the day.

If you actually *gasp* gave the game a chance like many people who had reservations did (myself included), you'd find that it's still fun and you are overblowing the list of missing features.

If you're still clinging to something as stupid as the lack of create-a-style, then your priorities in playing the sims in the first place were severely misplaced and you won't be missed as a customer.

Are you serious or just trolling? Talk about about rude, insulting and flaming!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options

I disagree and I have played it.
  • Options
    PmlTryPmlTry Posts: 783 Member

Obviously, you care enough to insult me for saying I don't like the game and don't consider it an improvement.

It's not about the lack of creat-a-style, though that doesn't help. It's about the lack of family trees and story progression, which effectively guts my approach to gameplay.

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Funny because the game is called 'the SIMS' not the 'build a house' game aha

And it's not about matching the perfect set of curtains to the carpet...

It's actually about all those things. If it wasn't about house building, there wouldn't be a build mode.

There's a build mode because you are to make the dollhouse for your dolls to play in. But really, it's not the sims themselves that care whether the carpet matches the drapes. That's YOU.

Strip it bare. Put in a comfy bed and something to sit on, something to eat from, something to pee in, and shower in, and basically, your sims are happy. And put in the most expensive painting you can. Your sim is fine. It's YOU that has to make everything match. Mind you, some houses can look gorgeous, but they can in sims 4 too.

Each base always adds new wallpapers, floors, lights, etc. The further the series goes, the more there will be to work with. But I've created a rather nice house with what exists, and there have been many if you look at the gallery.
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    It seems like (from reading the forum as I don't own the game) that they removed lots of stuff and improved the Sims. Why couldn't they have improved the folks and keep the content?
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Uh...no. Some of us tried it and still didn't like it. You have no right to tell someone what they will or will not enjoy.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2014
    Halle_M wrote: »
    Why can't we have both?

As we saw with Sims2 and 3 it is one or the other apparently. Sims 2 was about the sims. Sims 3 was about the world around the sims. Sims 2 had fun sims with tons of personality and cute little things the sims did. Sims 3 had robotic sims who seemed very programmed as the robots were. Even players when they talked about their game all talked about the views and how gorgeous this or that view was. I saw more pictures of the views and sunsets in Sims 3 than I ever saw of simmers sims. The game is called THE SIMS not the Sims worlds. So I am glad EA went back to Will Wrights concept of what the sims was supposed to be about. The only thing I don't like in Sims 4 is the missing toddlers and not being able to properly deal with the infants. I do not like my sims baby jumping from the bassinet to a full blown child. Therefore I just don't play young married - I play singles or already made families I make myself in CAS so as to not have the baby morph to child thing. But everything else I love about Sims 4. To me except for that one thing the game is perfect finally.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Snick3Snick3 Posts: 72 Member
    I bought Sims 4 because I don't think you can make an informed opinion on anything until you have given it a thorough run through. At this point I'm not as happy with Sims 4 as I was with Sims 3 out of the box. I prefer open worlds and that the reason I prefer Skyrim over Dragon Age. I still love DA for its story but I get to do a lot of exploring in Skyrim and will spend more time playing that game. It also means I'll buy content for Skyrim before I buy it for DA. Since I own all the expansions for Sims 3 and people are still making custom Sims, clothing, etc. I'm leaning heavily towards just staying there.

I don't think you will know which way the community at large is going till the first expansion pack comes out. If the numbers are down from the release of the base game you'll know exactly how people feel about the game and so will Maxis/EA.
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    I understand that they expanded upon sims themselves, but I also want more stuff for them to do (like, say, swimming :P).
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    It seems like (from reading the forum as I don't own the game) that they removed lots of stuff and improved the Sims. Why couldn't they have improved the folks and keep the content?

Because games can't be in development forever. Don't fall for the hype; they added a lot more to the game than they "removed."
  • Options
    iGlamLouiGlamLou Posts: 28 New Member
    I see both sides. I love this game, a lot (played it non stop for about 8 hours today!). I have always been a "Sims" player, focusing solely on them instead of being that bothered about houses, objects and such.

I do think that it wouldn't have harmed putting in some of the missing features though, especially the toddlers.
  • Options
    4utumn4utumn Posts: 280 Member
    I'm enjoying Sims 4. If I start missing open world etc.. I'll go play Sims 3 for a bit, it's not like it was deleted. I like sims 4 for what it is, a new instalment in the franchise, something new. I'm loving my quirky, emotional sims, I've laughed a few times already at some things they have done.

The thing is, you will never please everyone. Something someone loves, another may dislike. It seems this way for Sims 4, some love it, some do not but we had the exact same situation when Sims 3 released, many preferred (and still do) sims 2.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member

Yep, I think Bethesda or Rockstar would rather have my money than have me give it to EA, too.
  • Options
    almondalmond Posts: 153 Member
    I agree with the OP. And I for one am glad the game has returned back to its roots. A longtime, loyal sims player...
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    People will complain about anything and everything, why can't some just love the game or just stick with what makes you happy.
  • Options
    PmlTryPmlTry Posts: 783 Member
    almond wrote: »
    I agree with the OP. And I for one am glad the game has returned back to its roots. A longtime, loyal sims player...

Would it detract from your game if the rest of us still had options like Story progression, toddlers, and Family trees? Why?