The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

People are upset this game focused on Sims

Comments

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Maybe I want EA to make a game about Sims that can properly interact with the world around them. 3 Games and 14 years later I'm sure they should be at this point
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Is this discussion getting anyone anything besides headaches?
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    PmlTryPmlTry Posts: 783 Member

No idea. Is someone making you read it?
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @Evalen I haven't gotten the stir crazy motive once. I guess it's based on the traits the sim has.

@Ayuism. I love that. And yes, this game appeals to all of us in some way.
  • Options
    PmlTry wrote: »

No idea. Is someone making you read it?

I'm not annoyed. Everyone just seems to be arguing.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    [
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Oh... see how nice this is? A nice discussion on the game.

Yes, things that people loved about the game are gone. If it doesn't bother you then play and be happy, why keep bringing it up? Why keep rubbing it in?

Why keep telling us our view isn't worth it and we should just get over it... This is so much a nice community. Glad you're all having fun ... but I much rather have fun watching and waiting then being lectured and pushed around. :(

Was this in response to me? Because if it was I apologize for offending you somehow. :(

No. I don't think so. :D
    I'm just clumping everyone who tells me my view is dumb and that they're superior into one big ball of *waaah* and getting a head-ache. I really wish I could find another site while I was off my feet.
    Aw, I'm sorry you're still not better. :( Doubly frustrating I guess since you don't like how the new game is right now.
    Here's a cute dancing...thing to make you feel better. XD
    large.gif

Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,594 Member
    [
    PmlTry wrote: »
    Oh... see how nice this is? A nice discussion on the game.

Yes, things that people loved about the game are gone. If it doesn't bother you then play and be happy, why keep bringing it up? Why keep rubbing it in?

Why keep telling us our view isn't worth it and we should just get over it... This is so much a nice community. Glad you're all having fun ... but I much rather have fun watching and waiting then being lectured and pushed around. :(

Why do you keep reading things you plainly don't want to read?

Because it's everywhere on this site. I go to the Sims 3 secttion and there's TS4. I go to the CAW section and my friends are posting about TS4- pictures and all. I come here and it's all about why the people who are waiting to see if it's going the way they want are dumb.

Why do people who love the game read the posts that are titled they don't like it? I go read the good and the bad to get balanced and yet all it is if fighting. It get's terrible when there's no where to hide and enjoy the old games without having to see and read this.

I would that I could... I did stay off for most of the day- it's my net time. This is where I usually go- I'll loose interest soon. I bet the rest will still be telling how the "Haters" are so wrong. :lol:
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    @Evalen I haven't gotten the stir crazy motive once. I guess it's based on the traits the sim has.

I believe the Loves Outdoors trait will make your Sim stir crazy if they don't go outside enough.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

I believe the Loves Outdoors trait will make your Sim stir crazy if they don't go outside enough.

My gardener has the loves oudoors trait, but I guess she's out there often enough to not get it.
  • Options
    Aw, I'm sorry you're still not better. :( Doubly frustrating I guess since you don't like how the new game is right now.
    Here's a cute dancing...thing to make you feel better. XD
    large.gif

Thank you so much! It's adorable. XD
    It's just recovery time. I do wish I could make it heal faster. :D

• Options
    marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    It's strange if you think about it but it's true. What are the usual complaints about what's "missing" from Sims 4? Pools, CASt, and open world, all of which aren't directly related to Sims and their interactions with one another.

Toddlers are also a common complaint but there is always an exception to every rule.

Now let's look at the common complaints people have about what was put in the game "instead" of these features; smarter Sims, emotions, and bros, all of which directly affect Sims and their interactions with one another.

It's like Sims 3 moved the focus away from the original concept of the game and focused more on the secondary aspects of the game and people are now upset because Sims 4 places the focus back on what made the series great to begin with.

I do not know about smarter. Not when I had my sim eating, Put in a command to go talk to a sim and that sim kept walking, Next thing I know my sim is running through the neighborhood chasing the sim with her bowl of food in her hand, Then catches the sim only to then turn around and run back to the house. How is that a smarter sim?

• Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    I don't know but shouldn't happy people be playing their happy game and not worried and trying to belittle and explain why others aren't so happy?
    I said this yesterday and was told it was a low blow by @JoeWow1003 and @ebuchala.

I have no idea why...I totally agree with you Rf.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    Snick3Snick3 Posts: 72 Member
    > @Rflong7 said:
    > Because it's everywhere on this site. I go to the Sims 3 secttion and there's TS4. I go to the CAW section and my friends are posting about TS4- pictures and all. I come here and it's all about why the people who are waiting to see if it's going the way they want are dumb.
    >
    > Why do people who love the game read the posts that are titled they don't like it? I go read the good and the bad to get balanced and yet all it is if fighting. It get's terrible when there's no where to hide and enjoy the old games without having to see and read this.
    >
    > I would that I could... I did stay off for most of the day- it's my net time. This is where I usually go- I'll loose interest soon. I bet the rest will still be telling how the "Haters" are so wrong. :lol:

Tis true, the discussion is the same everywhere on multiple sites, not just this one. Its also going pretty much the same on all sites, the community is divided. I'm reading through all of them because I want to understand why people like TS4 so much more then TS3...the ones that do I mean. Opinions are good and I think people should express them in rational manner even if they are passionate about their beliefs. I don't get all the vitriol directed at people that love what was but then I don't get trolling either. You like what you like and I like what I like and I would like to voice my opinion without being called an idiot for doing so.
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    It's strange if you think about it but it's true. What are the usual complaints about what's "missing" from Sims 4? Pools, CASt, and open world, all of which aren't directly related to Sims and their interactions with one another.

Toddlers are also a common complaint but there is always an exception to every rule.

Now let's look at the common complaints people have about what was put in the game "instead" of these features; smarter Sims, emotions, and bros, all of which directly affect Sims and their interactions with one another.

It's like Sims 3 moved the focus away from the original concept of the game and focused more on the secondary aspects of the game and people are now upset because Sims 4 places the focus back on what made the series great to begin with.

I do not know about smarter. Not when I had my sim eating, Put in a command to go talk to a sim and that sim kept walking, Next thing I know my sim is running through the neighborhood chasing the sim with her bowl of food in her hand, Then catches the sim only to then turn around and run back to the house. How is that a smarter sim?

How is that not a smarter Sim?
  • Options
    bflury wrote: »
    I don't know but shouldn't happy people be playing their happy game and not worried and trying to belittle and explain why others aren't so happy?
    I said this yesterday and was told it was a low blow by @JoeWow1003 and @ebuchala.

Don't worry bflury, it's wrong no matter who says it. I just didn't see the other person say it :p
  • Options

It depends on rl I think. For me, I worked my A$$ off this weekend at work and I KNOW I am too tired to get in to a run in the game tonight. I don't go in unless I have hours to play non-stop. I have tomorrow off, so you won't see me here on the forum.
  • Options

Because it's a cop-out argument. It implies someone isn't a true fan if they aren't playing constantly, which is unreasonable, at best. You have no way of knowing what another person's life is like so statements like this are purely assumptive and don't actually provide a valid basis for discussion since you're simply dismissing a person's input based on their personal schedule that you have no information on. It has nothing to do with the topic and is frequently used to push people's buttons rather than actually engage them.
  • Options
    marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member

How is that not a smarter Sim?

Because when you chase after someone to talk to them, That is what you are supposed to do talk to them. Not turn around and run while the other sim continues on there way. It was like what was the point of me telling her to talk to that sim?

• Options
    Jazzy6897Jazzy6897 Posts: 337 Member
    For the people who love The Sims 2 but haven't played The sims 4 because they don't like it for whatever reason, I recommend they give the sims 4 a try. The sims 4 is very similar to the sims 2, but even better. The series has gone back to focusing on the sims, which is good in my opinion. And although there's some features missing, the gameplay is still really fun, (for me anyway). Things like Toddlers, Cast, Open world, and maybe story progression are probably the only things that you notice are gone when playing. But other than those things you really don't notice anything missing when playing because it's really fun. When I'm playing the sims 4, it just reminds me of the sims 2, which is good.

This is just my opinion though. I love the sims 4 so far and I really recommend it.
    Origin ID: Jazzy6897 Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member

And you taste like gamey old old sheep. Don't fret, EA farm has a full line of sheep waiting to replace you.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member

I'm happy! :D Just had to minimize my game to share how happy I am with my sims first wedding party. Best wedding parties of any of the games yet.

Wedding4.jpg
    Wedding2.jpg
    Wedding5.jpg
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    Asuka7794 wrote: »

And you taste like gamey old old sheep. Don't fret, EA farm has a full line of sheep waiting to replace you.

Whew! I was worried for a minute there.
  • Options
    Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member
    Sincerbox wrote: »

I'm happy! :D Just had to minimize my game to share how happy I am with my sims first wedding party. Best wedding parties of any of the games yet.

Wedding4.jpg
    Wedding2.jpg
    Wedding5.jpg

So romantic! I tried this in my game but I can't screen cap! Do you know how to capture images on a nintendo DS?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    [

Because it's a cop-out argument. It implies someone isn't a true fan if they aren't playing constantly, which is unreasonable, at best. You have no way of knowing what another person's life is like so statements like this are purely assumptive and don't actually provide a valid basis for discussion since you're simply dismissing a person's input based on their personal schedule that you have no information on. It has nothing to do with the topic and is frequently used to push people's buttons rather than actually engage them.

Actually, I have no problem with people loving the game and talking about their enjoyment of the game but it makes me wonder why some feel the need to tell me and others why they think they're not liking it, aren't buying it, or might hate it.

I don't tell anyone why they might love the game or are happy with the game. I don't mind reading why people are loving it and a will look at and comment on pictures and fun things BECAUSE I hope the game goes the way I would like and am here because of that.

To see some people post walls of text on why others don't like it- is very presumptuous and makes me feel like they're not playing the game but are spending their time making up reasons to justify their like of it. If you like, like it but let me have my own view with being lectured.

If some posts they don't like it, it would be nice not to see them getting jumped on. That does go both ways, too. :D
  • Options
    I really don't understand how you can lecture someone about why they like or dislike the game. I'm not saying discussion is bad, but telling someone "You would like the game if you did [insert whatever here]" serves nothing.