The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

People are upset this game focused on Sims

Comments

• Options
    TeladisTeladis Posts: 82 Member
    Kittenkiss wrote: »

Eh? Even the Gurus themselves said they 'ran out of time' and had to prioritize what they included. Hence, it's incomplete from the intended game.

All developers feel like that, trust me on that one. There are many features they wish they could add, or things they could put in before deadlines. It is just the nature of the beast, when it comes to development.
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    PmlTry wrote: »
    To some it is complete. To some its not. Is is all based on OPINION, which some people just don't get everyone is entitled to! :D

I don't think it's an "opinion" that this version of Sims 4 lacks a great many features that were considered important in Sims 3. Is it my OPINION that Story Progression and customization are gone? Is it my OPINION that the Family Tree is out?

No its not, but its YOUR opinion that makes the game incomplete, its not a fact that it is incomplete.

Sure it is. People who didn't like story progression could easily disable it in Sims 3. If they didn't want to walk around, they didn't really have to. Nor did they HAVE to use family tries, or even toddlers if they didn't want them. Sims 2 1/2 has taken away options -- not added them.

Sims "2 1/2" added a lot more options. But to be fair I wouldn't expect someone who admitted they haven't even played the game to know that ;)
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    To some it is complete. To some its not. Is is all based on OPINION, which some people just don't get everyone is entitled to! :D

I don't think it's an "opinion" that this version of Sims 4 lacks a great many features that were considered important in Sims 3. Is it my OPINION that Story Progression and customization are gone? Is it my OPINION that the Family Tree is out?

No its not, but its YOUR opinion that makes the game incomplete, its not a fact that it is incomplete.

Sure it is. People who didn't like story progression could easily disable it in Sims 3. If they didn't want to walk around, they didn't really have to. Nor did they HAVE to use family tries, or even toddlers if they didn't want them. Sims 2 1/2 has taken away options -- not added them.

It still doesn't make it incomplete, its YOUR opinion its incomplete, it is not a fact! There is no fact that it is incomplete.

• Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member

It still doesn't make it incomplete, its YOUR opinion its incomplete, it is not a fact! There is no fact that it is incomplete.

Why argue this point? I think saying a game is incomplete (I.e., the developers have intentions on including things in patches) is much, much nicer than saying it's a shoddy, poorly made game. Don't you?
  • Options
    junkbarbarianjunkbarbarian Posts: 95 Member
    > @JoeWow1003 said:
    > It's strange if you think about it but it's true. What are the usual complaints about what's "missing" from Sims 4? Pools, CASt, and open world, all of which aren't directly related to Sims and their interactions with one another.

Interesting observation, and I had never thought of it that way. I would point out though that the open world affected the context of interaction, which for some people (myself included) is a big deal. It all comes down to different people seeing different things as important because of play style. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean you are "wrong", we just have different priorities.

As disappointed as I am in this game, I will admit that what they improved is good, I'm just bummed about about things that are gone. More than that, things that probably won't (and in some cases can't) be added back in an EP. It's a classic case of "you can't make everybody happy".
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Teladis wrote: »

Eh? Even the Gurus themselves said they 'ran out of time' and had to prioritize what they included. Hence, it's incomplete from the intended game.

All developers feel like that, trust me on that one. There are many features they wish they could add, or things they could put in before deadlines. It is just the nature of the beast, when it comes to development.

Maybe but in this case 'run out of time' is true. 1/2 the development time was making an online game, that changed and they scrambled to come up with this

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    PmlTryPmlTry Posts: 783 Member
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »

Sims "2 1/2" added a lot more options. But to be fair I wouldn't expect someone who admitted they haven't even played the game to know that ;)

None of them are options that make up for the lack of story progression, etc. And what I've "admitted" to is not spending a lot of money on a game that does not appeal to me, even after reading and watching numerous reviews that included detailed examples of gameplay.
  • Options
    ashleyy1235ashleyy1235 Posts: 12 New Member
    Funny because the game is called 'the SIMS' not the 'build a house' game aha
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited September 2014

Sure it is. People who didn't like story progression could easily disable it in Sims 3. If they didn't want to walk around, they didn't really have to. Nor did they HAVE to use family trees, or even toddlers if they didn't want them. Sims 2 1/2 has taken away options -- not added them.
    This is what I don't get about the people who say were complaining, its almost as if they are being selfish.

They fail to realize that by it missing features, we are left with no other options. Whereas if the features were included they could always choose to ignore them.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    TeladisTeladis Posts: 82 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »

Maybe but in this case 'run out of time' is true. 1/2 the development time was making an online game, that changed and they scrambled to come up with this

Really? I thought that was just a rumor, that people been saying and now consider a fact. Has they come out and said this to be true?
  • Options

None of them are options that make up for the lack of story progression, etc. And what I've "admitted" to is not spending a lot of money on a game that does not appeal to me, even after reading and watching numerous reviews that included detailed examples of gameplay.

Not sure how you think "not playing the game" is a contradictory statement to you saying you don't want to spend money on this game and thus haven't played this game, but I'll give the point to you.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    One word: Olympus

Also, just look at Sims4; it looks and feels like a hybrid game...a bit of console, a bit of pc

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

And it's not about matching the perfect set of curtains to the carpet...

• Options

Not sure how you think "not playing the game" is a contradictory statement to you saying you don't want to spend money on this game and thus haven't played this game, but I'll give the point to you.

Didn't say it was contradictory. I was, rather, pointing out the ridiculousness of you trying to paint it as some sort of shamefaced confession.
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

It's actually about all those things. If it wasn't about house building, there wouldn't be a build mode.

2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    DiedrupoDiedrupo Posts: 206 Member
    edited September 2014
    bflury wrote: »
    I agree with JD, No.

They focused on improving the Sims we all acknowledge that. However, that doesn't mean they made a complete game. The Sims themselves are only a piece of the puzzle here.

Because a mac version and a 64-bit client are surely the missing piece of the puzzle, huh? /rollseyes

I still find it hilarious that you fools who haven't even played the game continue to stand by a list of missing items that hardly anyone cares about as justification to not only not play the game but also continue to spout nonsense on the forums about it.
  • Options
    Zolt65 wrote: »

Really? I thought that was just a rumor, that people been saying and now consider a fact. Has they come out and said this to be true?

There appears to be some truth that Sims 4 might have had some online elements at some point; whether that meat a full blown multiplayer online game, a single player game with online elements or a single player game that required an always online connection is the unknown.

The biggest part of this rumor that people have taken up as fact is Sims 4 was an online game until a year ago and they scraped the project and started over from scratch so what we have now is only with a year of development. There is no facts at all to lend credence to this rumor but people keep repeating it as if it were fact.
  • Options
    UntrustedlifeUntrustedlife Posts: 555 Member
    edited September 2014
    dark5id3 wrote: »
    Open world made a more immersive experience for your SIM.

CASt made it possible for your SIM to look exactly how you wanted him/her to look.

Pools were for SIMS to swim in and gain athletic skill and throw parties that other SIMS attended to socialize.
    you can throw plenty of parties in the sims 4.

this one improved sims greatly < awesome

This one shifted the focus from the neighborhood back to the sims < some people like it

This one has much improved build and buy modes < awesome

This one has many indepth skills that actually have an effect on gameplay < awesome

The traits have a TANGIBLE HUGE OVERWELMING effect on gameplay < awesome.

More items then the other base games < awesome

there a bunch more "awesomes"

• Options
    If I wished to expand upon my reasons for not running out and purchasing this game, I would create my own thread. I am saying no to you putting words in the mouths of everyone disappointed in it. You do not care why - the only intention I can imagine you had when creating this thread was to stir the pot. Forums getting a little too boring for you, Joe?

Hilarious. So you even admit that you have not played the game. LOL
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Diedrupo wrote: »
    I agree with JD, No.

They focused on improving the Sims we all acknowledge that. However, that doesn't mean they made a complete game. The Sims themselves are only a piece of the puzzle here.

Because a mac version and a 64-bit client are surely the missing piece of the puzzle, huh? /rollseyes

I still find it hilarious that you fools who haven't even played the game continue to stand by a list of missing items that hardly anyone cares about as justification to not only not play the game but also continue to spout nonsense on the forums about it.

No one cares about? I think you should look around a bit more. Literally hundreds of people disagree.

• Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

It is for ME!! (runs away crying)
  • Options

CASt made it possible for your SIM to look exactly how you wanted him/her to look.

Pools were for SIMS to swim in and gain athletic skill and throw parties that other SIMS attended to socialize.

And yet none of these features being missing detracts from the fun of the game. Something you might actually realize if you actually played it!
  • Options

Didn't say it was contradictory. I was, rather, pointing out the ridiculousness of you trying to paint it as some sort of shamefaced confession.

I'm not your enemy, friend. I think you're reading way too much into my posts. If I wanted to shame you I would think I could have come up with something better than that.
  • Options
    I agree with JD, No.

A LOT of us care about missing story progression, family trees, etc.
  • Options

And yet none of these features being missing detracts from the fun of the game...

For you. For many of us, it would.

Are you seriously suggesting I blow over fifty bucks on a game that doesn't look like it would appeal to me?