Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Around The World In 60 Days...WINNERS POSTED!!! Reviews posted in 2 OP Posts....

Comments

• Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have my build nearly done. Just a bit of landscaping to take care of. So we will be off to Galway Ireland sometime next week. :D
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited March 2013
    Being sick for almost a week (Grrr) has left me with little in the way of inspiration. So I haven't made any new progress on mine. Glad we still have a bit of time, though.
  • Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    edited March 2013
    Terry, hon, I'm sending you an email. :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited March 2013
    Let me know if I did this right.

Round ONE
    Username: HollownessDevour
    Country which you live now: Canada / Pacific West Coast
    Other countries: Nice, France
    Other places you have traveled to if any: London, England, Moscow and Kaliningrad, Russia, Several small coastal Mediterranean Italy cities, Corsica, France
    If you could go anywhere in the world for 2 whole months, where would that be, and why? I funny enough wanted to go to Venice as was kinda bummed I never got to go while living in Europe, I'd still like to :P I love the whole Venetian Masks, canals and beautiful architecture.

Official Entry form
    Username: HollownessDevour
    World Assignment: Venice, Italy
    World lot is built in: Monte Vista
    Lot address in world: 17 Regalia Court
    Link to pc thread/slideshow: Showcase *Updated*
    Link to lot: Heart of the City

In researching what I currently have:
    -Exterior Art Nouveau, arguably workable Parisian/Belgium/Italian-Venetian.
    -The Bistro and Wedding shop are Mediterranean/Italian/Art Nouveau inspired.
    -My 🐸🐸🐸🐸 hovel, well there are gypsies in Venice so that works.
    -The grocery store and cafe versatile for European theme.
    -Business area and diner are vague not here nor there.
    -The theatre is art decor which is in Europe but not really Italy/Venice.

Backstory:
    Venice highly known for its water ways and canals, Venetian masks and architecture. Italian architecture's time line is as follows: Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo, Neoclassical, Empire style, Art Nouveau. In the middle ages was heavily influenced with Romanesque and Gothic architecture. This in essence introduced the high use of arches, pillars and statues used on the exterior of buildings and elegance high detail. And opened the door to the Renaissance, Baroque and Rococo era where the arts including painting, sculpture, architecture, interior design, decoration with the use of in such a way was ornate and made strong usage of creamy, pastel-like colours, asymmetrical designs, curves and gold. Venice is architecture is very diverse and Venetian Gothic is highly Renaissance and more Neo-Renaissance/ Renaissance Revival architecture.

In my build I tried to mimic the multi diversity of Gothic, Rococo, Italian/ Renaissance and art nouveau exterior. Placing a large body of water on my lot to give the moor effect of Venice. The bridal shop is adorned with gold floor details and crowned molding. The Bistro has mosaic floor tiles, wall arches, Renaissance paintings and Rococo furniture and gold candelabras. The theatre is a more modernized but still in a red and gold theme widely used in Venetian and Venetian style theatres.

---

Hopefully this is alright, cause I do not think I'll have time to re-decor unfortunately : / I would probably be down in points but hopefully the complexity of my lot and how many shops work/fits counters it. My slide show or picture thread will have the rest more pics than my exchange upload had.

Thanks for the help so far :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited March 2013
    Page 4!! :shock: Get back up to page one where you belong!

Good afternoon/evening/morning to all of you Awesome people!

My entry is officially done! I added my Cardiff, Wales Blog to it.

Cool more people and Awesome creations! :mrgreen: Now I have to go and see what everyone else has created! I have been so obsessed with my build I haven't kept up here! :oops: My apologies to everyone! :oops: Off to get caught up on the entries!!

Wishing everyone a fun filled Fantastic day!
    Really Big Squishy Hugs, Bright Smiles, Sheba Kisses & Prissy Cuddles :P
  • Options
    gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited March 2013
    Posted link to build in thread. The family will be up latter today. Need a sanity break - all this mad dashing for the finishing line. Plus wanna peak at everyone elses. :mrgreen:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7140776
    GonsalvusCover_zps0bb7150e.png?t=1364495391
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    WOW :shock: Fasten your seat belts we are flying TNT airlines all over the world!

EMPRESSPAMELA OMG I love Bob Marley! Your build is spot on and Awesome!! I love it! This is one of my favorite Bob Marley songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XiYUYcpsT4 I love the acoustics! The colors are Fantastic! Your Marley family is so realistic, He will be singing in Sunlit Tides in my game! :mrgreen: Awesome Job! :thumbup:

snowdove58 It's Gorgeous! Hawaii is so very beautiful I have always wanted to go there and you have made me want to go more with all of the Awesome pictures in your blog! Of course seeing the island on horseback was the seller for me! :wink: LOL Your gorgeous house will be in my Sunlit Tides! :mrgreen: You did an Awesome job building it and the family is beautiful! My hoods needed new blood! :mrgreen: Awesome job! :thumbup:

gngrsnp Awesome! I love the colors you used the blend is perfect! You blended drk green with just the right amount of purple to make it look Gorgeous! I try so hard to get my bathroom tiles to look that good! LOL I love the way you did the landscaping with the parking on a rise! Perfect! Another house in my hood,,,probably Moonlight Falls for this one! :mrgreen: And the family will fit right in there also! :mrgreen: Awesome job! :thumbup:

I went to every name and most of the airports were not letting me land in their country at this time!! :? Must be the holiday coming up and they were preparing for the big rushes! :P

Of course I wRECked these before I downloaded them! :mrgreen: Looking forward to taking another trip to your part of the world! Good Luck Everyone!

Really Big Squishy Hugs, Bright Sunny Smiles, Extra Sheba Kisses & Warm Prissy Cuddles (yes they travel with me everywhere :lol: )
  • Options
    NessiePenguinNessiePenguin Posts: 326 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hiya, these creations are amaaaazing =O

Sadly I will be going away for a week so I won't be able to finish mine :'(
    Sorry about that, my location was Kuala Lumpur, hopefully someone else will get the chance to make it.

Sorry again =(

Hope you all have a lovely easter ^_^
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited March 2013
    Aw, I was so looking forward to seeing what you do for that, Nessie. Do have a lovely week though!
  • Options
    gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited March 2013
    Family just in.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7141290

Family_zps8bb44642.png?t=1364506706

Can't believe I'm all done. Now I can sit back and browse all the others as they come through.
    Terry I was fling the airlines these past few days, made it to Jamaica, Hawaii, Cardiff and now Venice. So happy when I got the brochure on the museum in Cardiff and finally tour the inside. As I said before it was hard to tell which was the pictures and the recreation.
    The steam punk Venetian tour I was also able to go on today, and it was amazing. Surprising I'm not as jet lagged as I thought I would be for all this traveling. At hotels.com gave all my locations, thus far *****. You guessed it % stars. Can't wait to see where the next few days leads me.
    Bonne Voyage!
    Me
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    gngrsnp Thank you very much! I was reading and thought "What I didn't see the Venetian tour?" It was posted just above mine this morning! LOL So I had to catch the next flight out to go and see it! :mrgreen:

HollownessDevour It is Awesome!! So Elegant absolutely Gorgeous! Only thing missing is the guy in the canal boat and his violin! LOL Everything looks so very Romantic! I want to go there too! LOL Fantastic Job! :thumbup: Good Luck!!

I think my budget will only allow me to fly TnT Airlines! :mrgreen: You know you are right gngrsnp I don't have Jet lag at all either! LOL I didn't get my bag of Honey Roasted Almonds either though! And no in flight cocktail either! Should I complain to upper management? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,604 Member
    edited March 2013
    What a great build @ Terrylin :) ! You have done such a great work! I enjoyed reading all about the history and nowadays details of Cardiff, and it was very interesting to learn about the Museum. Wow!! with how you have done the landscaping work of your build! The gardens are so lovely and so well done! And then, to be allowed to go in with you through your photos and look at the interior was such a great thing to be able to do! Your furnishing of the interior all looks so lovely and so great the way you have done it, the choice of furnishings, the colours and patterns, the way you have put the barriers up so that it really does look like a museum that people do go and visit to look at the rooms. Thankyou for taking us to Wales and for providing this great build for us and our Sims to enjoy!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you so very much rosemow! I had a fantastic time researching Cardiff and the museum. I tried to make it look as close to an Elizabethan Manor as I could inside, but we are limited on our furniture etc. The wallpaper I could get the closest. I kept going back and adding things till I was exhausted. Then after I posted that this morning I thought of more I should have put in there! LOL If I had I never would have gotten it done! :mrgreen: I really appreciate your kind words! :D

Really Big Squishy Hugs, Bright Smiles, Extra Sheba Kisses & Warm Prissy Cuddles :P
  • Options
    happymoohorsehappymoohorse Posts: 116 Member
    edited March 2013
    Hello Everyone!

Firstly, I just want to make a big apology, for not being involved in the thread too much! I've been rather unwell recently, so I haven't been able to spend time online :(
    And now that I've finally started to feel better, I've had to catch up on a lot of real life things, like getting back to work, and all that fun stuff!

But I'm still here, and I'm sill excited to sponsor (those points are sitting in my account taunting me!) and of course help judge. There are some amazing and lovely things going on in this thread :D

Terry and Bre, I've sent you guys an email to the account listed in Bre's blog, about how judging will work, I've never done this before so was just wondering how everything is going to work. If you didn't receive them my email is in my about me if you need to contact me

Keep up the amazing things everyone, I very jealous of all your creativity!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Ok I updated finished my entry: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/945/636435.page#10531717

:) worked real hard to get this done in time, I would have loved to have my Venetian Sims on the exchange but I'd still have to work on there other outfits so hopefully eventually I get them up cause I LOVE THEM!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,604 Member
    edited March 2013
    Your entry is very great @ HollownessDevour :) I am glad that you entered this lot because it so well done. Great designing of it! And it suits very much the theme/architecture of Venice and Italy. Great explanations as to the architectural influences in the various areas of your build. It is great looking at all the photos of your build. Good creating of your Venetian Sims! Their outfits are well chosen and coloured, and good capturing of their expressions. A great entry that transports us to Venice, Italy!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Terrylin wrote:
    gngrsnp Thank you very much! I was reading and thought "What I didn't see the Venetian tour?" It was posted just above mine this morning! LOL So I had to catch the next flight out to go and see it! :mrgreen:

HollownessDevour It is Awesome!! So Elegant absolutely Gorgeous! Only thing missing is the guy in the canal boat and his violin! LOL Everything looks so very Romantic! I want to go there too! LOL Fantastic Job! :thumbup: Good Luck!!

I think my budget will only allow me to fly TnT Airlines! :mrgreen: You know you are right gngrsnp I don't have Jet lag at all either! LOL I didn't get my bag of Honey Roasted Almonds either though! And no in flight cocktail either! Should I complain to upper management? :mrgreen:

Thank you terrylin :D
    rosemow wrote:
    Your entry is very great @ HollownessDevour :) I am glad that you entered this lot because it so well done. Great designing of it! And it suits very much the theme/architecture of Venice and Italy. Great explanations as to the architectural influences in the various areas of your build. It is great looking at all the photos of your build. Good creating of your Venetian Sims! Their outfits are well chosen and coloured, and good capturing of their expressions. A great entry that transports us to Venice, Italy!

Thank you so much I work on this almost 4 hours tonight (background and sims) after my work shift I felt like I had homework again :lol: and a little bit yesterday just on research.

I had them all on loop idle animations when in the circle (Asian - the fanning, French - talking with hand and facial expression, snob looking away and insane), I was very happy how they turned out :) The templates are my Protagonist Sen, my two Rococo Sims Chantal and Christian and my steampunk/Victorian sim Montgomery Bevel. One dress the red/black /gold is actually my Red Queen dress for my Iracebeth Crims from Alice in Wonderland Sim, I just thought it was perfect :)
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited March 2013
    I´m afraid I am dropping out of the contest. With RL and builders block I´ll just not make it. sorry Terry :(
  • Options
    4067567240675672 Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited March 2013
    illusie wrote:
    I´m afraid I am dropping out of the contest. With RL and builders block I´ll just not make it. sorry Terry :(

Oh no! I'm so sorry Illusie! :(
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited March 2013
    illusie wrote:

:shock: OH noes, not my main girl :( Gosh hon you been with me through all my contests and to see you leave now is so sad, as I was so looking forward to what you created :( But I do understand RL can get in our way, I just hope all is well with you hon...squishy hugs ;)

@Terrylin, WOWZZA! hon I haven't had time to look through everything as I have to get my lot completed for another contest due tomorrow, so i'll be ingame fishing last minute stuff then pics :P I promise I will look Sunday as it will be quiet here with just hubby and I....squishy hugs ;)
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited March 2013
    Nothing to be seen here. Answered the question by reading the rules again - very carefully.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited March 2013
    TnT_Terry wrote:
    :shock: OH noes, not my main girl :( Gosh hon you been with me through all my contests and to see you leave now is so sad, as I was so looking forward to what you created :( But I do understand RL can get in our way, I just hope all is well with you hon...squishy hugs ;)

{hugs back} I am sad too that I won´t be able to make it :(
    My project for this contest was starting to look really good, but no way I am able to get it done in time.
    I enjoy working on this contest! It is such a fun challenge. I hope later this year I´ll have more time to finish it.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    illusie wrote:
    TnT_Terry wrote:

{hugs back} I am sad too that I won´t be able to make it :(
    My project for this contest was starting to look really good, but no way I am able to get it done in time.
    I enjoy working on this contest! It is such a fun challenge. I hope later this year I´ll have more time to finish it.

Hon I plan on doing this again sometime during the summer before school starts up again ;)
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    DudsnzDudsnz Posts: 191 Member
    edited March 2013
    Alas, Time hath bested me aswell :(
    and a corupt save file that stole alot of my efforts - and made me abandon my Blue Mosque in favour of a Hamman (bath).
    My residential went back to being a shell, so it took the wind from my sails.

I was hoping to at least get the Hamman finished but the landscaping is going to take at least a couple of days to get it up to my personal standards, let alone I haven't done half the upper floor. Then there's my normal tinkering about and changing and modifying the interior. Add to that the time for taking, sorting, and preparing the pictures and I admit defeat. :cry:

Needless to say, here is hint at what was in the works...
    Istan_zps5b701081.jpg

Good luck to the other contestants, I am seeing some wonderful creations!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Dudsnz wrote:
    Alas, Time hath bested me aswell :(
    and a corupt save file that stole alot of my efforts - and made me abandon my Blue Mosque in favour of a Hamman (bath).
    My residential went back to being a shell, so it took the wind from my sails.

I was hoping to at least get the Hamman finished but the landscaping is going to take at least a couple of days to get it up to my personal standards, let alone I haven't done half the upper floor. Then there's my normal tinkering about and changing and modifying the interior. Add to that the time for taking, sorting, and preparing the pictures and I admit defeat. :cry:

Needless to say, here is hint at what was in the works...
    Istan_zps5b701081.jpg

Good luck to the other contestants, I am seeing some wonderful creations!

awwwe come on hon, you still have a week left and being many had to go away for the holiday, I am going to discuss this with Bre and see if maybe you alll need another week to tie things up? I will let you all know, please comment if this would do it for anyone? The more response the more chance of making htis happen ;)

gjmdPt7.png