Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Around The World In 60 Days...WINNERS POSTED!!! Reviews posted in 2 OP Posts....

Comments

• Options
    8NiSci88NiSci8 Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited March 2013
    TnT_Terry, I have a quick question.

If I'm recreating an urban structure, will I be docked points for a lack of flora in the landscaping category? I'm recreating the Roman Baths in Bath, so there are plenty of decks and pools, but practically no greenery. Should I add some or leave it as it is in real life?

Thanks.
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited March 2013
    TnT_Terry wrote:
    :shock: :shock: Graphic issues...ugh... I have been there, done that peeps and def no fun :evil:
    Might I suggest something to you all? upload your lot to launcher(and take the simpack file out your exports folder and place on desktop), take your whole sims 3 folder and place on desktop (rename by adding * both before and after sims3) Then simply start a fresh game and yes you will have to reinstall whatever store stuff and CAP patterns you are using but it will be we worth the trouble. Then reinstall your lot in a clean hood (you can even destroy all npc's, and occupied lots as well as all community lots. This will give you much more freedom and cut out your lag or at least should ;)

Now I am moving the deadline to the 6th of April 11:59pm PST.
    hope this helps you all ;) hugs

I worked with my game all day yesterday and I may be able to reach the deadline for the 31st, so I hope you didn't extend it just for me :) I took a break from RL yesterday and spent 15 hours in game just to try and catch up and I'd say I did awesome in that time frame. :)

P.S. since I already did the factory reset to my game I am going to take your advice and delete other building's in the world and see how to get rid of all the npc's!

rosemow wrote:
    I'm sorry about your crash @ MeaganJo ! It always seems to happen at the time when we are just going to do just a little bit more and then save! Great to hear though that you have got the interior finished, I do hope everything continues to go okay and no more unwanted crashes !

Thank you Rose, I think I'll stay away from trying to do just a little bit more from now on lol! Lesson learned the hard way! 8)

@MeaganJo, sorry to hear it crashed for you, I really can't wait to see your entry too, because your landscaping and buildings always looks gorgeous!

:mrgreen:

Thank you Nessie, I at least only lost a half hours worth of work, it could have been much worse if I hadn't installed that saver! :shock: I love that you are joining the contest!

• Options
    saschatilosaschatilo Posts: 3,007 Member
    edited March 2013
    My builders block is gone! (kinda like writers block lol) I can now continue with my build because i found some awesome ideas and inspiration. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,642 Member
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited March 2013
    ciane wrote:
    TnT_Terry wrote:
    Hon we have 2 available choices you could choose from as the ones assigned sadly dropped out.
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia which is the only Asian city left, and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. It would be your choice but please let me know, and please read the rules thoroughly so that you know what is expected ok? Glad to have you join us.

@Diane, hon I do believe that someone already picked up Venice for a 2nd lot as they were finished with their assigned one, but thank you for trying to help out hon, much appreciated ;)

Sorry, Venice was just the one I remembered.

oh np hon, don't worry about it, I really do appreciate your trying to help out ;)
    TRajah wrote:
    Okay, I was able to fit 4 rabbit holes in my lot. If any of these are duplicates with others' lots, I'll remove them from mine. :)

Specifically I have the diner, bistro, grocery, and bookstore.

As far as space goes, I could technically fit a *lot* more. But those are the only ones that fit the lot's theme.

Oh wow hon, appreciate that, and yes I agree it should be those which suit your lot hon ;)
    aricarai wrote:
    Hello there, Terry!

Sadly, I'm going to have to withdraw from this contest. I've got heaps going on in RL and even with the new extended deadline (I'll be traveling from Washington back to England on that day), I wouldn't be able to finish an entry to the caliber that I'd want. I'm very very sorry - I just didn't plan well for this and then RL kind of kicked me in the pants.

I'll be in lurker mode though, I know you'll be getting some fabulous entries!

Awwwwe Arica I so hate to see you go hon, I know you would have blown Dubai off the map with your masterful creativity :( But I do understand RL gets in the way...maybe you'll find an ace up your sleeve :P huggies
    @MeaganJo, sorry to hear it crashed for you, I really can't wait to see your entry too, because your landscaping and buildings always looks gorgeous!

I think I will scoop up Kuala Lumpur :) But I am clueless on how to make skyscrapers, but I like some of their rural houses in Kuala Lumpur. So is the more rural outskirts of Kuala Lumpur alright?

:mrgreen:

Whichever you choose hon and a few more opened up on the OP as we now have a total of 6 so far out the running (well except for 2 that others already spiped up)...
    8NiSci8 wrote:

If I'm recreating an urban structure, will I be docked points for a lack of flora in the landscaping category? I'm recreating the Roman Baths in Bath, so there are plenty of decks and pools, but practically no greenery. Should I add some or leave it as it is in real life?

Thanks.

Not necessary to do but maybe some palm trees and some potted plants here and there to break it up?
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited March 2013
    I'll look for that ace up my sleeve, but I'm not sure if it's there.
    I've been a bit stressed with work (I'm resigning tomorrow) and then leaving for the States on Monday to spend Easter with my family (yay!), so the only Sim time that I've done for the last several days is playing (it's a great de-stresser) - which I haven't done since Summertime last year.

I will definitely be lurking though. I know you'll get some fabulous entries for this contest - there is a lot of talent floating around here. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited March 2013
    TnT_Terry wrote:
    8NiSci8 wrote:

Thanks.

Not necessary to do but maybe some palm trees and some potted plants here and there to break it up?

If he's going for something closer to real, palm trees do *not* fit, that's for sure. I've seen the Baths he's talking about (that's what I would have picked to build for Bath, too, actually) and I agree with his assessment that there really aren't any plants around them. You have to go a block or two even to get to grass.

the-roman-baths-pump-room-bath-england.JPG

7844475682_1ec9ed0df3_z.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I may add a small enclosed garden area to one side if I have extra room. Otherwise, I'll continue with the potted plants idea. I already have some indoors, so I can definitely find places for some outdoors. I'll make it work. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Sneak-ity, sneak, peek, peek. :P :mrgreen:

Screenshot-1141.jpg

• Options
    lefty_mwlefty_mw Posts: 411 Member
    edited March 2013
    Wassup y'all :P

Just sneaking in and looking at all the awesome sneak-peaks that are popping up :):) :P

I wish to offer up my contribution to the ever growing pool of mystical sneak-peaks and such :} Here is my cover shot for my lot (but I haven't gone inside to take all my shots yet... Better get right on that :))

tumblr_mjzhwhEURu1s94xoco1_500.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    TRajah wrote:
    TnT_Terry wrote:
    8NiSci8 wrote:

Thanks.

If he's going for something closer to real, palm trees do *not* fit, that's for sure. I've seen the Baths he's talking about (that's what I would have picked to build for Bath, too, actually) and I agree with his assessment that there really aren't any plants around them. You have to go a block or two even to get to grass.

Aha, IDK where my head was but my dumbb*utt was thinking grecian baths lmao :oops: :oops: :mrgreen::mrgreen: In that case NO palm trees :P lol
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    4067567240675672 Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited March 2013
    Oh my goodness! All houses are looking so extravagant and impossible for me to make! I'll need to get my building skills going, because I've not that much time left. :shock:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Great sneak peek @ 8NiSci8 :) and your cover shot looks really good @ lefty_mw :)
    I'm looking forward to seeing both of these builds!!
  • Options
    4067567240675672 Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited March 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Great sneak peek @ 8NiSci8 :) and your cover shot looks really good @ lefty_mw :)
    I'm looking forward to seeing both of these builds!!

Ikr? I'm more excited about others buildings than mine xD
  • Options
    corettabarajascorettabarajas Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited March 2013
    Must we include rabbit holes in our community lots? I mean I can... but I have no clue how to atm... I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered... but there are 61 pages of posts in this thread :shock: and I wouldn't be able to read through them all to look!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @ corettabarajas
    I found this in an earlier post
    OK I think you all got the wrong impression When I said to add rabbitholes, it was only to ones which apply, meaning that say you build a cafe or a block of buildings including a cafe, then yes I would appreciate it if the cafe rabbithole was placed in the basement only because I'd rather not use ea community lots in this world that would take away from the realism we are trying to have portrayed in this world to really showcase all your hard work.

Yes gr1zzly is building a world to showcase all the lots, and he is dividing the world into many areas to portray realism, which is why we want all community lots to take the place of ea rabbitholes so to speak But if your lot has nothing in common with a rabbithole, then no I don't expect you to add one. But say you made a block of different buildings to portray a city section of your assignment (maybe a boutique, a cafe and a bookstore, then you could add all 3 rabbitholes to those basements so they take the place of them, yet they are all still usable but make the world a more realistic place

Walkingstick, there is no need for a rabbithole in a park hon, as parks already exist in game as an open and usable lot. So we need parks Also firehouse, library, gym, some venues and the market are all non rabbithole lots (may be others I've forgotten here ) so these are needed as well. So say you built this amazing structure but have no clue what to use it for because it just wouldn't suit as a house? Then by all means, make it a non-rabbithole lot, or go for a rabbithole replacemnt lot

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you rose that does help!
    '
    New question now, since there will be a world created to showcase these... does that mean we need to know what others are building so we don't duplicate the same types of lots? Like too many community pools/gyms? OR just build what we want to for our chosen world?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you rose that does help!
    '
    New question now, since there will be a world created to showcase these... does that mean we need to know what others are building so we don't duplicate the same types of lots? Like too many community pools/gyms? OR just build what we want to for our chosen world?

Hon I think it is very highly unlikely this would happen really and truly. We already have one that has added 4 RH's to her lot (cafe, bookstore, bistro and something else), so really not a whole lot left. It would be really cool if some were making venues no doubt, then it wouldn't be any rh's needed as you simply designate it as such. But we do still need like firehouse, festival park, big venue park, hospital would need an rh for sure...etc But if not knowing how to add them then they can be added after the fact if necessary ;)

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    gngrsnpgngrsnp Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited March 2013
    Checking in since I send all my free-time building. Added PC/Photo page Link to my assignment Page. Though still WIP.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/300/594682.page#10497901

My sneak picture
    Screenshot-1133_zps9b7af208.jpg
    Screenshot-1123_zpsb88560f8.jpg
    Screenshot-83_zps6e5ee8af.jpg?t=1363906109

Trying to get done by deadline but my computer is taking longer and longer to process each object I recolor. Upgraded to latest version of graphic card but to no avail.
    I think the lots just content heavy.LOL. :mrgreen:

Back to building. Has anyone turned in a completed yet. Clicked on some of the smiley link with no results. No Empress got part of her Marley/Jamaica up. Boy does it look awesome.
    ME
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    :shock: :shock: All I can say is WOWZZA! Man your landscapin is superb :D I can't wait to see this finished ;)

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    TRajahTRajah Posts: 2,403 Member
    edited March 2013
    The fourth was grocery store, Terry, and if anyone else wants to use one of those I used, I can easily remove something. No worries at all about duplicating.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Cloisters-Perth
    This is the link to the building I am working on, and was hoping to make a more interactive venue (interiors are my favorite part of building)... I was thinking Sports Bar. This place is so fascinating to me.
  • Options
    snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited March 2013
    EmpressPamela, I just read your entry and love it. I didn't know a lot of the things you covered. The house and screenshots are great :D
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited March 2013
    Just stopping by. I put all my other projects on hold this week to get what's left of this one done. :wink: I was able complete all the above ground areas (except the actual graveyard) done and started on the underground parts last night. I was up till 2 am because I got so into it. I wasn't sure what to do with all the space this lot has in it, so I made a friar/monk quarters and library, winery (with the nectary register) and the Arch Bishop's suite. I'll only post two pics this time.

Friar/monk quarters
    Screenshot-2-16.jpg

Library (because all old majestic churches have big libraries).
    Screenshot-105.jpg

As far as rabbit holes, because of the nature of this lot, the only one that may be useful here is the mausoleum. And I will be placing it above ground. Hope that's ok?
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    It sounds and looks great @ exotickitten ! It sounds as if you are working hard on it and enjoying doing it. I'm looking forward to seeing the build when you have finished it!