Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A new pack type, the "Kit" is coming. Aka "Sims 3 store, 5 bucks for two chairs" is here

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    This... did not age well.

oh-no-oh-no.png
    oh-no-oh-no-oh-no.png
    K, if you're developing powerful psychic abilities, could you do me a favor and predict dragons for me? That would mean a lot to me.

please predict them as absolutely awesome rideable fire breathing friends that have to be cared for as a pet
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Awww, the new kitchen reminds me of the TS3 Provence store set! I need this NOW. Take my money.

and this is why they (EA) can get a way with this crap. I miss the days in Sim1 that we got free content every week. I never bought from the Sims 3 store either way too expensive when you break it down. It is too bad for those on console who have no choice but to buy these 'Kits"
    I wonder how much these will be in other countries once exchange is taken into account. They are not cheap. Even stuff packs here are not cheap , always have to wait for a sale
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »

I feel ya...the only thing remotely close to a having a pet bunny is the bunnerfly familiar from RoM...but I want real pet bunnies too, though I am very afraid they'll put them in cages, bunnies need to be able to run and jump arround.
    I'd rather have no bunnies in Sims 4 than have them (and the way they are kept) done wrong.

I made a thread about it where I gave some suggestions about that exactly, since the way rodents were all in that tiny terrarium in TS3 was just so cruel >_< Especially the chinchillas, those guys need such big cages.

I was a small pet expansion pack. A fully blow expansion pack. I wouldn't even care if the bunny took a household slot. Just make them able to hop around on the floor and destroy your electronics if you're not careful :D

Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    Awww, the new kitchen reminds me of the TS3 Provence store set! I need this NOW. Take my money.

and this is why they (EA) can get a way with this ❤️❤️❤️❤️. I miss the days in Sim1 that we got free content every week. I never bought from the Sims 3 store either way too expensive when you break it down. It is too bad for those on console who have no choice but to buy these 'Kits"
    I wonder how much these will be in other countries once exchange is taken into account. They are not cheap. Even stuff packs here are not cheap , always have to wait for a sale

@verlainem Yeah some people have never heard of consious consumerism. This is what got us to this... It's really sad to see.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Well I, for one, am extremely happy about this. I’ve always missed TS3 store’s frequent releases, and hated how TS4 often have 3-5 month long content droughts without any pack releases. With small kits like those, there is finally no excuse why they can’t release something new every month. I literally wouldn’t mind if they have a new kit coming every week, in fact, I’d love it :D

That'ld be cool... i'm not willing to buy everything but, at least, i wouldn't have to wait months for new content. It seems that it can be a good way to release some niche gameplay items... i'm not much interested in cas and bb items unless it's historical... i hope that they make some worlds too.
    As for the 3 kits already announced i can't find anything that interests me but i do see a lot of people asking for the vacuum cleaner, so i'm happy for them.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    lanlyn wrote: »
    LOL, the dust bunnies look like the paranormal specters!
    555.png
    Some are even angry.
    3.png

Not sure about the filthy house kit (although the bunnies could be fun). But I do like the country kitchen items and maybe the clothes. I'll have to see what they charge. I don't mind paying a few bucks for content if I don't have to update CC and mods every time an update comes out.

Ooo, I like those angry dust bunnies and dirt! I honestly might end up getting this one. I just want to see more, how do they move and how much this costs.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Well I, for one, am extremely happy about this. I’ve always missed TS3 store’s frequent releases, and hated how TS4 often have 3-5 month long content droughts without any pack releases. With small kits like those, there is finally no excuse why they can’t release something new every month. I literally wouldn’t mind if they have a new kit coming every week, in fact, I’d love it :D

That'ld be cool... i'm not willing to buy everything but, at least, i wouldn't have to wait months for new content. It seems that it can be a good way to release some niche gameplay items... i'm not much interested in cas and bb items unless it's historical... i hope that they make some worlds too.
    As for the 3 kits already announced i can't find anything that interests me but i do see a lot of people asking for the vacuum cleaner, so i'm happy for them.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. That these packs might be a way to release the more niche things without having to waste a game pack or expansion pack. Actually, I think this would probably be the best way to do the farming pack that so many people want. It's not an area of gameplay that interests me much at all, and I would hate for there to be an entire game pack or expansion pack based around farming. I'd much rather it come as a side feature in a bigger pack, or in something like this.

I'm defintely hoping to get some worlds in these kits, although I do have my doubts about that since I'm assuming they're going to be smaller than stuff packs. Although they may be able to manage the sort of "mini" worlds that come in game packs?
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I wouldn't even care if the bunny took a household slot. Just make them able to hop around on the floor and destroy your electronics if you're not careful :D
    I mean, they should take up a slot, since cats do too...and they should be just as customizable, cuz irl they are just as individual as cats and dogs are.
    maybe those dustbunnies are another step towards "real" bunnies???
    if you think about it, bunnies are playing quite a big role in the game, the freezer bunny for example is everywhere!
    the bunnerfly, the bunny slippers, the bunny outfit for kids, the bunny hat from SE and now THIS!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

Actually, I think this would probably be the best way to do the farming pack that so many people want. It's not an area of gameplay that interests me much at all, and I would hate for there to be an entire game pack or expansion pack based around farming. I'd much rather it come as a side feature in a bigger pack, or in something like this.
    Farming is too extensive for a kit. It needs a full expansion pack. You need to include new worlds, crops, and fully functioning farm animals at the very least.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Okay...this is just a thought, but what if by putting some of these minor BB and CAS items in smaller packs like this they are freed up to focus more on gameplay in the bigger packs?

Don’t throw stuff at me, I will throw it back! *runs*
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

oh-no-oh-no.png
    oh-no-oh-no-oh-no.png

The prophet has spoken. Tell us more of the future, O wise one.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    Stayc615Stayc615 Posts: 37 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Judging by the comments on that Twitter post, I’m predicting Journey to Batuu and My First Pet Stuff level outrage. I’ll be back on Tuesday with my popcorn LOL

Based on what I've read so far, it doesn't seem like JtB outrage... now. Some of the comments seem more defeatist than outraged. Idk just one gals opinion
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I’m feeling like they could’ve led with something a bit stronger for the gameplay/CAS kits e.g. bikes for kids and elder/teen focused CAS - something that has been really requested by the community to entice more simmers to buy. I know vacuums have been asked for but I think bikes for kids would’ve been a better choice.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited February 2021
    Stayc615 wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    Judging by the comments on that Twitter post, I’m predicting Journey to Batuu and My First Pet Stuff level outrage. I’ll be back on Tuesday with my popcorn LOL

Based on what I've read so far, it doesn't seem like JtB outrage... now. Some of the comments seem more defeatist than outraged. Idk just one gals opinion

I agree with the defeatist attitude.
    Content like babies, cars, and deeper emotions are ignored for years, but they still have time to make a new pack type to milk more money? It's ridiculous. I can't imagine how greedy a company can be to need so much money from it's consumers. The complete game literally costs over $700.
    I don't know whether to laugh hysterically or cry :D:D:'(
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Okay...this is just a thought, but what if by putting some of these minor BB and CAS items in smaller packs like this they are freed up to focus more on gameplay in the bigger packs?

Don’t throw stuff at me, I will throw it back! *runs*

yeah, that's what I was thinking too, so....not throwing things here ;)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    I wouldn't even care if the bunny took a household slot. Just make them able to hop around on the floor and destroy your electronics if you're not careful :D
    I mean, they should take up a slot, since cats do too...and they should be just as customizable, cuz irl they are just as individual as cats and dogs are.
    if you think about it, bunnies are playing quite a big role in the game, the freezer bunny for example is everywhere!
    the bunnerfly, the bunny slippers, the bunny outfit for kids, the bunny hat from SE and now THIS!

I gosh darn hope you're right about this being a hint I know you're probably half-joking but how could people NOT want to have a bunny ?! I'm sure it'd sell like hot cakes if they made the bunnies like cats & dogs coz bunny breeds are ADORABLE.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Someone made a point TS3 store started coming out/gaining traction right before the official announcement of TS4 came out, and maybe EA is doing the same thing before TS5? 👀👀👀 Which, i definitely want to see TS5 come out, but if its this cheap gameplay + overpriced content stuff I will wait for paralives and rune factory 5 😅
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited February 2021
    Someone made a point TS3 store started coming out/gaining traction right before the official announcement of TS4 came out, and maybe EA is doing the same thing before TS5? 👀👀👀 Which, i definitely want to see TS5 come out, but if its this cheap gameplay + overpriced content stuff I will wait for paralives and rune factory 5 😅
    Rune Factory 5 can't come out soon enough RIP. I'm keeping my eyes on PoOT, too.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    intothehorizoneintothehorizone Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2021
    i.. don't know what to think about this

but also, 'kits' doesn't fit within/follow the '___ pack' naming scheme.. there's stuff packs, expansion packs, game packs and now, kits(..??). i wonder why they changed it.
    (though the naming factor doesn't bother me at all honestly; it's just something i noticed.)
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member

I gosh darn hope you're right about this being a hint I know you're probably half-joking but how could people NOT want to have a bunny ?! I'm sure it'd sell like hot cakes if they made the bunnies like cats & dogs coz bunny breeds are ADORABLE.

I don't think they have ever been in the Sims have they? I didn't have Sims 1 so I am not entirely sure, but I agree I would love to have bunnies added to the game. I had one as a kid, they are so cute.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Sadly for the people that are outraged, I'm actually excited about Vacuuming and I am still giggling that Onverser predicted this! :D
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

oh-no-oh-no.png
    oh-no-oh-no-oh-no.png

This made me laugh.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I have lots of stuff from the Sims 3 store. I didn't buy any of it with money, though. I watched ads. I watched lots and lots of ads for free store points. That said, if these kit packs can be purchased with free points from ads, I'm all for it.

Well, that won't happen.

*walks away laughing until she cries*
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member

The Sims 3 store was available in June 2009. Shortly after the the Sims 3 released.